Does VR really have a future?

Does VR really have a future?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high-definition_television
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is no future.

Most likely, but in its current form it is really only a novelty/gimmick that adds very little and what it does add is not remotely worth the limitations it brings

yes but it doesn't mean its a good one

>they didn't fall for the live2D meme

Soon

Fucking christ that's disgusting

For technology to go mainstream it has to have 2 key features: be affordable and be used/experienced by many people at once.
VR may get cheaper in time but it'll always be a thing only 1 person can use at a time.

>used/experienced by many people at once.
this is the dumbest fucking shit i've ever heard.

Probably not, I think it will be just another fade like Kinect, it may sell at the beginning because it's something new but after a few years nobody will care for it.

Not when 90% of gamers can't afford it

>are you winning, son?

>mfw

What? It costs only 400$ not everyone is NEET like you that can't afford anything.

>2d is real now
The time has come, and so have I.

If you can't reveal what a thing does on a stage then you're gonna have a hard time selling it.
VR is a prime example with all those awkward "Here is Billy enjoying our headset. Look at the fun he is having. You really need to try it yourself for the full effect!" demonstrations.

That's a lot of money to spend on a gimmick.

I don't think so. People still get headaches - it's why 3D movies are dead, 20% of the population was getting nauseous, it's much, much more with vr. Also, currently vr has no real use case outside of vidya and even the vidya for vr is shit. Why would you get one? There's no killer app.

pretty sure it's just because vr games are shit. i don't see the difference between someone demoing a 3ds game and a vr game.

Happy Manager and Summer Lesson convinced me to buy a PSVR.

If you have a decent paycheck and don't have girlfriend/wife and love gaming then it really isn't. I plan to buy one if these waifu simulators turns any good.

Shame they probably won't come to the west.

My Sonybros, how far have we gone? How can PC even complete?

>implying I can't just import them

Well if you know japanese then yes unfortunately not every one of us knows.

Currently learning.

A 1,000 mile journey begins with a single step.

It can't. PC is only getting garbage japanese games and old ports meanwhile #ps4masterrace is getting all the good stuff.

It's clear "first-gen" commercial headsets we now have aren't going to make a mainstream breakthrough. I'm not convinced headsets resembling them in general will ever prove desirable. However, whatever the technology it actually requires (be it advanced head mounted displays, computer-brain interfaces, something akin to Star Trek holodeck or even technology yet to be imagined), it seems obvious to me and I can't see how anyone can disagree, that "VR" is going to be a really big thing at some point in the future.

>all that tax money the jews want for themselves
Too expensive

Well at least you have enough enthusiasm so you may learn it in the end.

Version with onahole incorporated when?

>low childbirth in your country because all your young people are beta otaku who can't even talk to women
>make a device that allows them to get the only thing that could force them to interact with women
Japan will be dead in 20 years.

maybe the women should be more of a slut and it wouldn't be so bad

Supposedly you need ar least 90fps or 3d/vr will cause problems. Consumer tv aren't capable of those refresh rates. HDMI only goes to a max of 60fps each time a standard is released.

>slut =/= girl who would fuck a fat, ugly and social inept faggot
If only sluts were so kind, user.

This is impressive and pathetic at the same time.

Psh.

That guy is living the dream.

>low childbirth in your country because all your young people are beta otaku who can't even talk to women

Don't believe those lies. Young people in Japan and Europe have less children because they simply cannot afford them. Just look at how taxation and public debt changed in the last 20 to 50 years if you want to understand what's really happening.

>personal social standards are more important than a national birth-rate crisis

I'm pretty sure that girls slutting out as part of a government initiative to raise childbirth was the plot of a hentai or doujin I saw a while ago.

It's much more complex in case of vr - human brain, unsurprisingly, is rather hard to fool. Some of the issues have been solved already but too many people still puke their guts out for vr to go mainstream.

Dear lord.
The future is bright.

This isn't just a problem for Japan either. It's just more noticeable there.

>Consumer tv aren't capable of those refresh rates

Being this dumb.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high-definition_television

Find out facts before you shitpost your delusions, idiot.