I'm going to be making a game, i need to know what you hate to see in games and what you love in them...

I'm going to be making a game, i need to know what you hate to see in games and what you love in them. Any type of input is welcome, ill post some sprite work if wanted i suppose

I really love memes

I like supporting gamedevs such as evaxephon through Patreon so that they can work on what they love without their brain being clouded with the worries of money.

would you play a game with memes as its center point?

the indie dream my friend

bumping

couch multiplayer party games for PC.
There's a total of 10 of those on the market.
No AI to program.
No netcode.
Easy shit, and useful.
Mario Party, Mario Kart, Crash Bash, Power Stone, Smash Bros, even Worms, very few of these have been made WELL for PC, and there's only been a handful of tries.

thank you, on average how often do you find yourself wanting a game like this?

I want to correct myself on Worms, it's nice, but the PC versions currently made aren't made with the old "split-screen" "couch" multiplayer in mind. Also there's like 3 clones and they're all samey shit with no innovaton.

so you would prefer a game more focused on "party fun" rather then a "progressive" game with story line and a quest?

These days nobody ever gets together to play with a friend or brother.

...Except when that happens, and I have two friends at home, I have to dust off some old shit console to play something together. Every time. Everyone uses PC to play these days, but every single time a friend is involved and close, you always need to conjure some inferior secondary device, because aside from Towerfall Ascension and Gang Beasts you have nothing to play.

If you have a group of friends the desire to just play Mario Party or Mario Kart together for a quick match is always there, but you're never ready because you only have your PC plugged in and ready.

Happened to me 5 times in the last year. Take it as you will.

Some people will NEVER EVER play one of these again though, getting old and alone without ever having friends over.

I don't know what type of stuff you're going for but I had some ideas and general recurrences
>Music motifs
>Meeting the antagonist (if you have one) before knowing hes the antagonist, then finding out later but not seeing him again for a while
>Coming back to an earlier part in the game, some changes
>Things you can do in some areas that alter other areas in the game

FUCK wrong reply

Yes, party games for PC.

Thay can even have depth like Smash Bros. or Mario Golf, or Twisted Metal, but you need more than 2 players. 4 or even 5 or 6, nobody takes advantage of the more-than-4-players capability of pc

My ideas are for a side-scroller that takes place in a persistent over world that is effected by the players choices and paths. its going to be a cross between shadow of colossus and monster hunter, where players can loot up and hunt down monsters from various level (x-y-z rank mobs. tell me what you think so far, i have many ideas to pitch.

bumps

Chill mannn you're good

just waiting for some inputs on the idea

Realistically, do you have a chance? Do you know anything about development, do you have time money and maybe some other people?

>I'm going to be making a game
no you're not

well for starters i have made some games and know how to make one, thats no issue here. doesn't matter how long it takes as long as its good in the end. It will most likely just be me making the game, again not an issue.

thanks

Sounds good enough, the idea sounds alright but just alright. Probably just not my type of thing

Why do you retards keep asking these questions? Make a game that YOU would want to play. If not, why even bother?

input is never a bad thing, if i made a game that ONLY i like then why would anyone else buy it or download it.
what would you like to see in it? personally

Well, I don't like too much story but I do like something to work towards, some story if you get it. I'm sure you have some ideas, simple stuff like Symphony of the Night is a good example. Games like Silent Hill 4 are cool cause all the little details like when you couldn't save those guys from dying throughout the game and they reappear as ghosts, little stuff gets me

Don't put in memes.

thanks a lot for the input ! i love the idea with the ghosts
i wasn't going to, just joking.

Yes, they have to be dank memes though

Input should be flavoring, not the entire basis of your game. Doesn't sound like you even want to make a game.

you must not be reading the post here. this was the idea i pitched

Show off some sprite work and lay out your whole game plan, doesn't sound like much has even been conceived yet

here's some very basic sprite work i did for the game so far. I'm going for more of a solid color approach but there will be more detail in the character cuts

character cuts will look like this

If the background are any good, it'll look cool as shit

Thanks man, i have set parts but no full background yet.

I forget whatever it's called but when backgrounds scroll separately, sometimes on multiple layers and done right, it can really bring it all up. What's your deal on music?

I've downloaded a few music programs to make the game come to life, its gonna sound more harmonic and be heavily inspired by LOZ and SOC. But because its just me the music might come later in production ..

Here's my critique
>sword should stay solid instead of wiggling like it's made of taffy or something
>make the shoulders move simultaneously
>maybe give them more than one frame of animation
>the shirt's movement seems a but fucky but I don't know how to fix it

the character's posture needs more personality in it. Looks bland as it is.

I'm actually building a career on music, I made the music for a game you probably heard of on Steam but don't wanna say for obvious reasons. No offense but I would have offered you some help before I started making decent money. Gotta save all my good tracks for bigger games ya know?

yea dude i feel you man, would love to hear some of your work
thanks ill work on making it more unique
the part of the sword that's moving is the strap, this pose is for the opening with wind blowing on the character, but ill take what you said to heart and work harder on it. thanks

even if it's the strap it still looks odd with just one part wiggling
anyway I'm being harsh, what you have looks cool it just needs some fixes

Music guy here, is any of usable?

Nah man i see the issue now and ill fix it soon, i don't mind putting in more work to make it look like its intended.

if you're going with sword combat, make every hit have a fucking huge impact, screen shake and sound effects and pausing for a split second so the comat is actually fun, and you feel like a badass when playing the game

basically, make a 2d version of metal gear rising

I had this same thought, what the fuck is it that's so satisfying about that?

yes actually, like i said i want the player to affect the out come of the game. Coming back to an area you started and seeing how it changed based on how you played is a neat concept i wanna jump in to with this game. As for the Antagonist i have an idea with that already that some what revolves around the idea of "time"

i can't figure it out myself
i don't want it to be like nidhogg, fights can get really heated but when you land a hit not much happens

i want it to be the polar opposite, every hit is batshit insane

making hits feel...well...like HITS is what makes a good combat system worth its salt

fist of the north star with a sword

For the op, a good example of this if I remember correctly, is Momodora Reverie Under the Moonlight

here is some random sprite work i did for another game, unrelated to the one we are talking about. just wanted to share.

>Momodora Reverie Under the Moonlight
for this game the way the developer made the hits feel like they landed was a frame pause

yes, that
that's how it works

There was also the reactions of the enemies you were attacking, especially when in rapid succession

I'll be sure to spend a great amount of time on combat.

hell yeah
can't wait to see how this turns out

The strap should be black like the belt so that it looks like a strap rather than part of the blade.

Probably could use more frames, too. If that's an idle animation with the character breathing it's very awkwardly fast and abrupt.

This animation is for the title screen basically, just wind blowing. i could also slow it down at any time

Megaman 2?

>for those that helped me here i wanna add something in a hidden area just for you guys in game. give me an idea and ill add it

I hate when pixels go off the grid.
Makes it feel like some kind of low budget phone game.

Music dude here, I just want some kind of graffiti hidden somewhere or writing on a wall or anything like that which just says "Big-Z"

If it's just wind blowing, the arms and sword shouldn't be moving up and down. Only the shirt and hair should be moving, in the direction the wind is blowing. The sword's strap shouldn't move, either, because it would be weighed down on the character's body and presumably made of heavier and thicker material than the shirt.

i might add a stone hidden behind brush with the names i get here, maybe have to fight a hard easter egg boss to get to it.
thanks ill make sure to improve it with all the feed back