KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 HD

Why isn't no one talking about this ps4 exclusive?

youtube.com/watch?v=4gKAR0uRZZ0

Also general Kingdom Hearts thread

Other urls found in this thread:

destinyislands.com/kh-series-explained/
youtube.com/watch?v=06R_CRxgn28
youtube.com/watch?v=xm-NoyqzGkY
youtube.com/watch?v=AFpG3cOcKis
youtube.com/watch?v=6zTAnh3pqv8
youtube.com/watch?v=lElMrj25JHI
youtube.com/watch?v=PvUxXLFhSx0
youtube.com/watch?v=0EUtbDYMlWo
youtube.com/watch?v=gheqi_LAPf0
youtube.com/watch?v=3M_lcWqm8HE
youtube.com/watch?v=a02MxIexJ2A
youtube.com/watch?v=LThG3bZJtPY
youtube.com/watch?v=Qynb-f79BuE
youtube.com/watch?v=k4GoLnnz_S4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We've been talking it for the last couple of days though. Where have you been?

>played every single KH to date
>tfw still can't figure out what the fuck is going on story-wise

What do you want to know?

He said Why isn't no one talking about it.
Double negative.
He is wondering why anyone even gives a fuck at all.

Read this

destinyislands.com/kh-series-explained/

Sure he did.
>He is wondering why anyone even gives a fuck at all.
Because people like fun things. Shocking, I know.

hahaha

>another 3 characters that mirror kairi,sora and riku
with silly hats to boot too

What hats?

It's kinda weird to me to see Neku on a PS4 game since i relate him to Nintendo

the unicorn one and the teddy bear one

Dream Drop Distance was originally on the 3DS, if that makes you more comfortable?
Oh the Foretellers. Okay, if that floats your boat. Personally I'm not a fan of the rebirth/parallel theory.

it really is a shocking how twewy didn't also become a franchise with how much praise it gotten
I mean I guess they didn't know whether split screens were still gonna a be thing or not but still its better than making it a phone/tablet game

I didn't mean it in a positive way, I think it's kind of tiresome that he added yet another 3 characters, 2 male and 1 female.

The Japanese version is superior

youtube.com/watch?v=06R_CRxgn28

I know right why are people enjoying things
fucking causals honestly why can't they learn to hate everything like us real gamers?

why does Aqua sound like she's talking through a can? The audio is really strange.

You do realize that there are 6 Apprentices, of which 5 are Foretellers. You only saw Ira, Aced, and Ava. The other two are Invi and Gula. And technically there are two more new human characters besides them. Ephemera and Skuld, who are not pictured here.

>You do realize
no I didn't, I just assumed they were 3 from the trailer, well that's good then.

That's pretty bad. The story is awful and convoluted, but if you've played them all you should have no trouble understanding what's going on and where it's heading.

I was happy aqua looked better than 2015.

Because we all played DDD and know it's mediocre.

Unless you're talking about the 30 minute long Aqua episode.

Retard

English voice over actors are lazy. Nothing to see.

LETS RELEASE THE SAME GAME FOR A THIRD TIME OVER

I think in all X and Unchained adds in about 9 new characters? Not counting Chirithy.

it's not her performance, it's the audio quality

I didn't play ddd because I'm not buying a 3ds for one game.

The only game in 2.8 that has been released already is Dream Drop Distance. But you knew that didn't you?

DDD is one of the worst AAA 3ds exclusives

Because no one gives a shit about this clusterfuck in 2016

Because no one gives a shit about KH anymore

>HD remake of a shitty game
>a movie based on a awful mobile game
>the KH equivalent of Ground Zeroes

ok

you're a fucking moron, they are releasing 2 again

Don't get sassy with me, nigger. I answered your question.

who the fuck are these people

>look! I posted it again mommy!
>good job my boy, you'll grow up to be a great shitposting man
>eats a bag of doritos and snorts
>THANKS MAMA

k

>it's not not possible.

why is the master of masters so based?

see

Is there a version of this simple and clean remix without the characters talking?

I really need this

>Ask a question
>Get mad when someone answers

Or do you seriously think people on Cred Forums outside a small minority still cares about this dead series?

KH2 is not in 2.8. Now if you want to be stupid further I can go ahead and just post what's in the collection. Or was that your plan from the beginning.
The Foretellers. They're from X/Unchained.

kay

More shitty donut steel characters shoehorned in making the story even more of a convoluted mess that rivals even Tails Gets Trolled

What do you think dead means user
There are two games being made for it right now, that does not sound very dead to me

KH is one of those rare franchises that went from being mainstream to being niche

>mfw all the organization xiii members and mentions of "The keyblade war" would have made me piss myself in excitement 5 years ago but I just don't care anymore
All I want now is just to have a simple adventure with Sora, goofy and donald in the disney worlds and sprinkle some disney magic on that and end the story so that a little bit of the fabled kh3 will shine through and have been worth the wait.

k

Because the series ended 12 years ago for the vast majority of fans

It's because you literally just come in here to type in the captcha and say something we've seen for the thousandth time. Yeah, sure, we could have just ignored your post but what the fuck drives you to just come in, type the captcha, say something repetitively? Do you just sit there and wait for the replies? Obviously, because you're still fucking here.

Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to then, dumbfuck.

>new remix for Simple and Clean
guess I gotta get this game just for it

hope there's a new remix for Sanctuary as well

>minority
ftfy

>fans
you mispelled "casuals that bought KH2 because Goofy and Donald were on the cover"

Going by social media, KH is still pretty popular. Whenever something new comes out it gets trending. Cred Forums sometimes gets kind of echochamber-like at times so you gonna remember that people exist outside of this.

>shitty CG movie and HD port of a shitty Osaka Team game

What's there to talk about?

BBS sold less than half KH2 did

I think it's safe to say majority is the right word here

>most people complain about the 2.8 title
>nobody complains about "Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage"
It sounds just as ridiculous

I'd say Aqua's new segment but you'd just say something about Osaka team handling that too. So let's just move on.

you just know this girl sucked mad dick to get this gig. even mr. -600k sounds better than she does.

Yeah no shit a handheld game sold less. Come on you don't honestly believe this majority narrative you're trying to write do you?

Because most of the people who complain about 2.8's title probably aren't looking further than that. I'm a fan of KH but even I think Nomura's reasoning on it was shaky.

if she dyed her hair she would look like aqua.

It's not just about sales. Normies don't care about KH anymore.

>le ebin disney believe in the power of your heart together we will overcome darkness movie-game with a cult fangirl following

18+

So, what kind of game is this? is it a rpg? a hack n slash?

alright. show him your source for that.

"Kingdom Hearts: Final Chapter Prologue Trilogy" would have been a better name for it

will we be getting a HD remaster of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5

Still better than FFXV

you decide

Its an unrestricted FFXV.

Than why being up sales in first place? You're just talking out your ass now.

that advent children and star wars influence was heavy in kh2.

Only played 1, 2 and BBS... i am ready for 3 now but i don't particularly care about the spin offs.

>Only played 1, 2 and BBS... i am ready for 3 now
kek, if you say so.
>spin offs.
And it begins.

I hope they do one including the whole collection for PS4.

>grinding for boost
>leved up sora to 99
>stryggled for the ultima keyblade
>beat most of the critcal data battles and beat data xemnas 3 times
>still can't beat the lingering will(terra);
I just give up. How the fuck do pros actually beat him at critical lv1 is beyond me. He kills me mostly with the fall and escape move.

yeah and i loved it.

its a form of shitposting.

Just negative combo glitch him.

It's gonna be fun seeing everyone who didn't keep up with the non-numbered games crying about not understanding the plot when 3 comes out

Aqua is best thing that ever happened to this autistic series

autism

I disagree mainly because the shitposting about it will reach levels never seen before around here.

Watch the videos, copy the actions. His basic combo can be guarded through, there are specific actions you have to dodge away from, his seeker lasers have to be reflected at the right moment, when he goes nuts you just glide away. That's all I can remember.
Oh, and there are only very specific windows where you can safely damage him, and only a set number of hits before he recovers.
Honestly, Larxene is a harder CMlvl1 fight.

Ha. The story went to shit before all that. Like halfway through 1. Nobody but weeb faggots play KH for the story.

I stopped paying attention when they pulled the time travel bullshit. Not to mention Lea getting a fucking keyblade, as the ultimate shoehorn of the franchise.
The pinnacle of the series was right before BBS came out, and everyone was so excited to finally discover what the KH2 secret ending really meant.

Hahahaha, you showed him, damn Axel

Why play then?

those people will say they play just for the gameplay. i met some dumb faggot last night who said he hated everything in kingdom hearts, except for the gameplay

The gameplay is pretty good on its own. I have yet to find a game that plays similarly to KH

jajaja please.
Non numbered entries are not gonna be that important and most questions are sure to be answered on a form of reference or another anyways.

At least if the writing is halfway decent.
It's not as if it's an episodic game, the story is gonna be self contained or be dependent on 1 and 2 and most likely BBS but nothing more.

That said, there is probably gonna be filled with references to the other games and stuff like that that would make the game more enjoyable but are not gonna be needed to understand the main plot.

yeah there is nothing else that plays like it.

>KH threads are full of shitposts now
What the fuck happened

It wasn't like this until these past few months

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PROUD MODE
LMAOING @ UR LYFE FUCCIN CASUL

>Non numbered entries are not gonna be that important
Literally everything important about the series as it stands today is established in non-numbered titles.

KHIII's entire premise is predicated on concepts and events that take place in the non-numbered titles.

Are you being sarcastic? It kinda reminds me of Spiderman 2 combat but with parrying

New game/FFXV blowback/ Cred Forums's culture of hating everything/Cred Forums's culture of general shitposting about a game's flaws, perceived or real, to death.

Buncha friends are into Kingdom Hearts. So these are HD remakes of all the games? So this is a good way to catch up on this nonsense?

i'm not being sarcastic at all. spiderman 2 is one of my favorite games, but it doesn't play anything like KH does, on top of the fact that they are two completely different genres

If you didn't grow up with it, don't bother

Yes.

>So these are HD remakes of all the games?
Not all of them, some of them are in the remixes in movie form. But between 1.5,2.5, and 2.8, that will be everything you need to know up until KH3.
>So this is a good way to catch up on this nonsense?
Either get those or emulate.
user, he wants to try it. Why try to discourage him?

If you get KH 1.5, KH 2.5 and KH 2.8 you have all games up to date.

Chances are he'll hate it. These games are much easier to get into when you're a kid

There's also a chance that he might like it. I mean if he emulates or tries out one of the remixes and decides he didn't like it, that would be of his own volition.

I've seen several people get into KH as adults, on Cred Forums and elsewhere.

I got a friend of mine to play KH1 when he was like 19 or 20 at the time and he had fun with it.

LOL, why do nigs and the other lessers like this series so much?

>A remaster of arguably the worst KH game from a narrative standpoint.
>A glorified tech demo for KH3.
>A series of cutscenes from a shitty mobile game.

Gee, I wonder why no one outside of the hardcore autistic subset of the KH fanbase is talking about this entry?

Because, okay.

>Why isn't no one talking about this ps4 exclusive?

because kingdom hearts is incredibly cringey and autistic

Which are gonna be addressed or referenced by the game itself i am sure.

Only really important ones might be BBS and DDD but i am sure those are gonna be properly addressed as well, at least the important bits.

your post is incredibly cringey and autistic

DDD ALREADY had summaries of all the previous games.

And they've ALREADY released all the games in some form on very easy-to-get HD collections, with 2.8 on the way.

There is no reason for KHIII to burden itself with summarizing the story for the people who were too lazy to catch up by now.

>Mickey, I'm already a demon...

STANDING

WHERE IS HIS FUCKING VIDEO

I REFUSE TO WATCH THAT FAGGOT GAMERSJOINT

COME ON, DEAN

What do you guys think Roxas, Ventus, and Xion do in Sora's heart?

Roxas shittalks with Xion.

>the music in the japanese version

Fuck that remix gave me hard nostalgia.
Cant believe the same song has been recycled that much and it still sounds good.

Except that they will because a more accessible game sells more.

the suffering is real.

>weird anime disney inspired game with complex story
Of course normies don't like it retard that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of non normal people buying it

You just react to his moves
You really only need max lvl roll, quick run, glide, and block. with those 4 abilities you can block or dodge every single attack

>he doesnt watch the gamersjoint
Very pathetic user...

Maybe if they stopped making these spinoffs/prequels/whatever they could get KH3 done within our lifetime

i don't really like him. he looks like a skater dude obsessed with kingdom hearts and he makes fucking pointless ass videos just for the views

Yeah! I hate all these damn spinoffs!

>Spinoffs
>prequels
implying the spinoffs and prequels aren't important. FUCK OUTTA HERE NIGGA

Don't let him push you around.

His attacks can be blocked stopped and avoided, when he starts raging with his keyblade run.

I did that shit on critical. Gotta admit he's strong

Well, look at the bright side user.
[spoilers]At least he's not HMK[/spoilers]

He entertaining just because he too much of a fanboy of the series. He videos can be cringy at times but ok to watch. Good thing he's not a meme tier.

>that picture with him and sora
bretty gud

Just because they're important doesn't mean they aren't garbage

they aren't garbage to me.

implying the combat and mechanics in Kh1 and Kh2 wasn't boring enough. At least with the "spinoffs" they made the combat much more enticing

>Kh2 combat
>boring

Get the fuck out you piece of underage shit.

My problem in the fight is the part when he cast a spell in my locks my comands. I instantly die for what ever reason. I manage to dodge most of his rage combos but when sommons the triangle shit around him, he pummels the shit out of me to very health. He starts to instant teleport if i glide away to heal up.
This boss is very fustrating as fuck. Is there another way to get power boost besides fighting data xemnas.

Tell me user

Did people understand what happened between KH1 and KHII when they skipped CoM?

KHIII is going to sell gangbusters because of the title.

It doesn't matter how "accessible" it is.

I played KH2 without playing CoM and didn't find myself too lost

that's good. more sales, more games.

every kh fan i've ever met is a mouthbreathing, keyblade hoodie wearing autist, that's why i'm not fucking talking about it

This boss fights about speed. Keep on your toes. Don't let him cast that spell, or beat the fuck out of him if he does. When that triangle shit happens fly as fast and far as you can.

literally unfettered autism room

>Days focuses on a character whose entire point is that everyone forgets about her when she dies
>coded rehashes KH1's setting yet again just to explain what was on Mickey's letter at the end of KH2
Ideally, both these games would have been optional, only needed if you wanted to understand some behind-the-scenes stuff. Problem is that Nomura found a way to weave them together with other important bullshit so now they are needed to understand the bigger picture

In an ideal world, only BbS would be required to understand KH3

That doesn't mean you shouldn't have played those games. Really I don't know why a fan of the series WOULDN'T want to play all of them

that rhythm is infectious!

>dat remix

>Really I don't know why a fan of the series WOULDN'T want to play all of them
This is the part that gets me

>I WANT KHIII ALREADY I WAITED 10 YEARS
>but user we've had all these games in the meantime
>Why would I play spinoffs? :^)

I don't fucking get it

I thought these people were supposed to be fans of the series?

Sum up the Story of kingdom hearts in three sentences in a way a normal human being could unterstand it.

Why would you ever ask anyone to sum up 8 RPGs in three sentences?

This remix is begging for a proper jersey club remix

Someone get DJNJDRONE or Faze Miyaki on this stat

Because not everyone likes cellphone games

I bought and really enjoyed all the spin offs except for 358/2 but they're hand held games made for hand held systems. It absolutely isn't as satisfying as a full console game.

Play Final Mix+ and then play BBS:FM to understand.

Square's livestream is up

the reason i never got into the spin offs was because they were for bullshit handhelds. im not going to buy other systems just to continue a series.

Well now they're all on PS3/4, so what's your excuse?

This thread is now a Riku appreciation station

thats its too little too late. those games are all just clutter cash grabs that just muddled the story all the fuck, so now when KH3 actually does come out, no one is going to know wtf is going on.

Because the kingdom Hearts games are fucked on story line, or just naming? Haven't played past the first but man, 2.8? Who comes up with these?

Fuck that get SRA or WWWINGS

>no one is going to know wtf is going on.

except for the people who played the games?

>I'm not playing the spinoffs because they're on platforms I don't own
>Well now they're all in (almost) one place
>IT'S TOO LATE

Theres so many fucking games and remakes I don't even know what 2.8 is supposed to fucking mean.

God damn I want to love this game but why cant you just make KH3

exactly. so sorry i dont want to go through a backlog of shit games now on ps4 so they're awkward as fuck because they were originally made for handhelds, with shit graphics etc. its just not worth it.

This, also triggers me when someone says 'spin-off', like they are Kingdom Hearts Party or something.

I posted this in a thread yesterday, which I think helps people new to the series or confused on which games they missed. Criticism welcome.

>why cant you just make KH3
They're making it RIGHT NOW

1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 were made so that YOU, the guy who hasn't played all the games, can catch up and be ready for it.

See:

>talking about this PS4 exclusive
That's an odd choice of words to use in an OP

Wait is the girl who plays Thea Queen from Arrow the same one that voices Aqua?

>suggests watching cutscenes for Re:coded
>but not Days
Stop

Honestly, that's kind of a mess visually.
Yes. Aqua is voiced by Willa Holland.

>forgot the asterisk on 358/2 Days
Yeah, don't suggest playing it unless you really, really want to. Just watch the cutscenes from the HD 1.5 instead.

Wait what? Different user here but these are remakes to explain the story? Or something else? I really want to get into the series but I only have a ps4 and psvita.

The last one I played was fucking KH2. Is 2.8 just an updated 2 over 2.5?

i'm a fan so i liked it. more characters are nice to see, and the rehashed worlds weren't that big of a deal to me

They're HD collections.

2.8 is special in that 2/3 of its content is brand-new.

1.5 and 2.5 are on PS3 so I guess you're fucked on that front but 2.8 is a PS4 exclusive.

See No. 2.8 does not include KH2.

My problem is I played 1, 2, Re:coded, Chain of Memories, BBS and DDD, but it's pretty convuluted and I played them in a weird order

So If I play 1.5, then 2.5, then 2,8 I'll have the entire story?

Damn no wonder my dick is diamonds when she talks

Not even close
2.8 is a remaster of Dream Drop Distance, a brand new game called 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage, and a movie telling the events of Kingdom Hearts [chi]

these fucking "play order" pics dont make it easier. just illustrates how ridiculous the series has become with all the remakes and remasters. what fucking titles are actual games and not remakes/remasters? what are the actual fucking linear choices? with all those .3 . 5 .8 etc etc its hard to tell if its an actual game on its own or a different version of an existing game except with more bullshit added in.

>Nomura somehow manages to make a fucking mobile gacha game have enough plot to make it needed to understand KH3
I love this series, but Disney really needs to tighten Nomura's leash

Damn, do you think I can just watch some videos to learn the plots of all the games in preparation for 3? I played 1 so if it follows the same play style I'll love it.

user, did you just gloss over the pic? It straight up tells you what's going on with what game in terms of them being a remake/the vanilla title/etc. Just take your time and read it.

Oh man, forget my crappy diagram, this is much better:

>what fucking titles are actual games and not remakes/remasters? what are the actual fucking linear choices?
Both of these should be readily apparent in either image is you actually look at it long enough to read it instead of saying "uhhh fug thads a lodda shid I don wanna do this ids work :DDD"

>what fucking titles are actual games
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Kingdom Hearts 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage

These are all different video games.

>do you think I can just watch some videos to learn the plots of all the games in preparation for 3?
It's a bit outdated because it's missing χ[chi], but there is this.
youtube.com/watch?v=xm-NoyqzGkY

what would that have anything to do with "tightening nomura's leash"? the only thing they care about is how the characters are used

> all these triggered KH autists

KH has such a sonic tier fan base

Thanks, always wanted to get into the series but I was a xbox fag until I got out of high school and decided to game on all platforms.

>i'm so mature i come here to trigger fans of games i don't care about

if you liked the playstatyle of one, you'd like 2 even more. and 3 for sure.

What part of my reply implied I was triggered?

Yeah back when I had a ps2 that was the only gsme I had for it. You bet your ass I chugged hours into that game.

The offscreen gameplay looked nice. Combos looked better than BBS but stil really BBS, but then again that's what Nomura said. KH3 will have the actual combos, hopefully

>directed to diagrams specifically designed to help him
>disregards them completely and continues shitposting
>gets called out for it
>w-wow what a bunch of autists amirite

No, Jon, you are the autist

I spent a week of trying to "git gud" before I managed to actually beat him on Critical. Then I got stuck on a bunch of the data fights against Org XIII members and shelved it to go play something else for a bit. Now every time I try to go back I'm worse than before.

Maybe I should just accept my shit ability and go to Normal difficulty

You should point the finger at money enix for this stupid shit. Just look at what happened to final fantasy xv. Just note that kh3 will never top kh2 final mix.

This series is a mess story-wise. Even fans can't deny that

I swear there's user who says something about "tightening Nomura's leash" in every thread.
Oh, so it's this user again. Now, why are are you doing this again in another thread?
Anons, don't even bother. He did this exact same shit in a thread a couple of days ago.

Its a mess but its entirely possible to follow and the craziness only makes it more fun

Nah, Disney gets a say in stuff but is pretty loose with Nomura using stuff. If they were tighter we'd probably get a much less interesting story and more Mickey. I don't think anyone wants that.

I won't deny that it's gone off the rails in the later titles and that it's convoluted if you really look at every detail. But you can simplify the plot rather easy and follow it that way
The series itself is still tons of fun

So what's the deal with X/X Unchained and that movie thats going to be in 2.8. I thought X and X Unchained were just the same game, with Unchained being a newer version, and that the movie was going to sum up all the important story stuff from X/Unchained. Are all three actually seperate stories?

I tried playing X Unchained by the grind just bored me and I really don't have patience for those sort of mobile games, even though I am actually interested and enjoy the wacky KH story.

If I'm 28 and never played KH, in your opinion...will I enjoy them or will they be too childish to get into at this age?

Depends
I love them because i grew up with most of the Disney movies in them and the combat is fun even if some of the handheld titles are rather unbalanced and they have great music
It's definitely not a series for everyone

X has ended, and Unchained is supposed to be it's "Season 2" so to speak. X Back Cover is probably cover the important parts of the plot but from the Foreteller's perspective instead of the Player's.
They might be too childish, but I know of many grown people who like Disney/things like that so you might enjoy it.

I-is that a shotlock ability? Are shotlocks going to be in KH3? Because I thought they were really fun abilities in BBS.

Did you grow up watching Disney movies and shit?
If yes, go for it
If not, stay away

In a modified sort of way. If I remember correctly that one was tied to that Keyblade's transformation.

Me and my friends used to take turns doing the organization and "Enigmatic Soldier" (terra) as they said way back then.

I've played against Lingering Spirit so many times, and it's fascinating how well done this boss battle is for an action RPG. It's like the peak of what this sort of gameplay has to offer.

He would do new attacks I've never seen before. It's random every single time.

At the start of the battle if he locks your commands (magic) then you can only use your keyblade attacks on him, and vice versa.

The bow he uses requires perfect timing. He will shoot it 3 times. If you get caught, then you have to choose the right command slot on the left while actively watching him. So this is where glide comes in handy, when you can immediately fly off in a different direction so you can focus on it.

There is a certain amount of damage you can do to him before he says fuck off. So you have to watch that and back out. If you manage to get him in the air, he will usually follow up with his stretchy keyblade combo and attack you from all sides with nice range, so quick dash is great to get away from it.

You just have to git gud basically. I have yet to beat him on level 1, so I haven't mastered it yet.

Yup. But in KH3 they improve on them because as you can see they require timing now. Plus it looks like they have tons of crazy ideas for them just by looking at that one.

Pretty much everything from other titles is in KH3 except for forms as far as we know
Combos, magic, ride summons, keyblade transformations, shotlock, flowmotion

youtube.com/watch?v=AFpG3cOcKis
Some off screen gameplay
Looks fun

Am I the only one who hates Re:CoM and prefers the original CoM? CoM was a lot of fun but when I played Re:CoM all of the non-boss fights felt like they were dragging on way too much. The original was limited to the GBA screen so it had much smaller arenas, and I recall them not having nearly as many waves of enemies, so fights flowed quickly and more smoothly. In Re:CoM the arenas felt too big and the constantly 3-6 waves of enemies just created a bogged down experience. Maybe I'm just remembering the original wrong, but I really prefer the original to Re:

>forms
They are in. Already confirmed from another trailer that hasn't been shown to the public yet. Valor and Wisdom forms were seen.

A lot of us fans did grow up with the games. Probably why we put up with the series.
Their giving you time to catch up with it if you want though.

The keyblade grows on you eventually

I think there are two kinds of shot locks. The normal BBS shot lock and a shotlock that just lets sora bounce off of stuff like in

Me too. But Re: chain had great bosses.

can you make a webm for me?

3ds ports are ps4 exclusive now?

Really? That's great. I would've missed forms so much

What do you need?

>Re: chain had great bosses

Yeah the boss fights were much better in 3D. It was just the other fights that were longer than they needed to be. I never did platinum Re:CoM because I couldn't be assed to play 4 more times.

man Riku mode was so damn fun, its a shame you have to play through Sora mode to get to it

I can't understand why, but everytime an aqua scene is posted it comes off as so cringey. Like they just animated her oddly. I don't get what it is. BBS felt oddly stiff

>mfw KH3 FM+ in 2025

Yes. Here is the compelte info from the trailer. Not a lot of people seem to know about it.

-Sora is seen in his Kingdom Hearts II Valor form outfit, no new outfit reveal.
-Land of Departure from Birth by Sleep has been confirmed in the new footage and is said to be massive.
-Brand new Heartless designs have also been shown, described to look like "gladiators".
-Textures for new Heartless are incomplete.
-Land of Departure has been revamped; main building now very closely resembles a tower seen in the Kingdom Hearts browser game χ[chi].
-Sora's Keyblade is confirmed to transform into dual guns.
-Sora's dual guns then transform into a cannon.
-Sora is seen in a library/study, facing a large window with curtains. What looks like chess pieces line the window ledge with crown and heart tops.
-The lighting for the game is incredibly beautiful. Sora is bathed in a soft glow while standing in front of the window.
-The footage is raw and very unlikely to be released online to the public soon.
- Huge applause for Birth by Sleep footage in the pre-show trailers!
- The letter "chi" was on a blackboard within the library/study in the KH3 footage
- The letters "CT" could be seen under the Land of Departure-looking world. Looks similar to LoD but possibly is not the world.
- Built on what looks like a hilly area with lots of homes and buildings on them.
- Valor Form and Wisdom Form were definitely the outfits Sora switched between

I'm trying to find this one 2.8 trailer, but it shows a very small clip of KH3 that isn't in any of the other trailers at all.

I don't even understand why they Final Mix everything. Just include everything in the regular game.

Then again with KH3 it'll probably just be DLC

>2.1 2.3 2.5 2.8

How many times are you cucks going to buy the same game? Its not even a good game at that.

bye

They're basicly GOTY or Definitive versions
I just hope it will have enough good super bosses

Have a (You)

Now, it just be my headache, but if I remember correctly this information is like 2+ years old and was from a really rough concept trailer.

>but it shows a very small clip of KH3 that isn't in any of the other trailers at all.
I don't think I've seen this

No, you're not. GBA did literally everything gameplay-wise better compared to Re:CoM. Even the bosses are dumbed down and made easier which is disappointing, but the worst part is how they made actually fighting somehow insanely tedious due to all the waves and how little EXP you get coupled with how tough it is to get Moogle Points.

The multiple plathroughs are the easy part. Level 99 Riku is where you want to die.

You need to remember that the international version usually get some stuff that the original release didn't, and then they go and edit it up some more. Nowadays it should be fine though since they can just sell the extra content as DLC rather than entirely new version which means no one has to miss out like we did with all the others.

Not sure about KH1 or BbS, but with KHIIFM they basically just added all of the shit they wanted to put in the original release, but weren't able to due to time constraints.

US/EU version of KH1 had content not present in the JP version
Final Mix was made as a way to remedy that

Yes it was in 2014. I never said it was new.

I'm going to find it and blow your mind then

holy shit i found it. please tell me youve never seen this.

youtube.com/watch?v=6zTAnh3pqv8

i wanted a webm of that.

I'm actually surprised that all the lightsources in 0.2 create actual realtime shadows. KH artstyle is rather simple so it's not too hard, but for some reason i expected them just do the usual thing where characters become brighter

Geez, i never actually saw this
Will make some webms now

see i told ya. He is fucking using the giant gun as a single weapon. that is fucking cool man, and thanks a lot.

i just wish i could find the actual trailer though, it'd probably be in better quality.

Wow I've never seen them

this means that sora can use the combined weapons in actual battle. i thought they were just special attacks as we saw him using it in the other trailer. i can't wait to see what other weapons there are.

thank you.

>Post yfw you hear simple and clean again

where the fuck are these from?

>drake bell is actually good in video games and cartoons

who knew. maybe he will repay his debts one day.

Yes? KH2 can be completely understood without playing chain of memories. While it's true you start without knowing what's happening the game quickly bring you up to speed thanks to Jimmy and other references.

I am not saying playing the games (most of the times) is not more enjoyable but it's not gonna be a requirement.

To be a fan of a series doesn't mean you have to buy every little thing they make with it's name you know? Look at FF VII for example... Do you understand FF VII without playing Crisis Core? Yes.

Sure, is not the same thing because all those little shit games where made after the original and exploited plot holes.

KH creates new plots and characters and all that on it's spin offs but you don't need to know everything about every character. While their subplots are surely going to add to the experience one only need an entry on Jimmys diary to understand the basics and play and understand all that's going on.

>people think xv has better combat than this

Wow man he just posted it

youtube.com/watch?v=lElMrj25JHI

I gotta get KH2.5 already. Fuck, it's been at $20 for ages now.

>tfw how absolutely hard KH3 will be shitted on by the casual fanbase since they wonder understand jack shit since the series went 2000% full retard

Terra looks sooooooo much better than what he did in June

Well, most people that call themself fans and do all the hyüe reaction videos most likely only played KH1 and 2 and think the rest are not important. I don't even get why, why do so many people jsut assume taht the handheld titles are spin offs

>Do you understand FF VII without playing Crisis Core? Yes.
Crisis Core came out a full decade later, that's like asking if you need Birth by Sleep to understand KH1. Of course you don't.

The more apt comparison is "do you understand Advent Children without playing FFVII?"

Because AC is a sequel, like KHII was a sequel to CoM.

I can't think of a single series, game or otherwise, where a prequel is needed to understand the original work.
That's not what prequels are for.

Pros:
+ Gorgeous details
+ Post-game content
+ Some smart updates

Cons:
- Too much story
- Too many Xehanorts

Because handheld games by default are not taken seriously EVER in history as anything but just mediocre spinoffs.

They are never marketed as big deals in major events like E3. Blame the entire history of handheld games and the shit spewed on them.

90% of the people who buy KH3 are going to globally shit on it

It's the retarder blue hair

test. i fucking hate the mods here. they always pick on me.

if you want to understand the entire story of final fantasy 7, then you need to know everything, yeah.

final fantasy 7 is different from kingdom hearts. because in kingdom hearts, the first game, is literally connected to everything else and tells you things you wouldn't know by just playing the first game. it's all connected, it's all one story just like final fantasy 7 is.

Okay, let's use your example. The answer is yes.
You need FF VII to understand A.C... but you don't need Crisis core, Drige of Cerberus, etc, etc.

The same way you need KH1 and 2 for 3... but i doubt you are gonna need any of the spin offs or not numbered ones (call them whatever you want) to understand it.

Jimmy could be used to explain DDD along with reports as normal while Aqua can basically explain that she is looking for Ven and Terra.

Would it be better to know all about who Ven and Terra are? yes, sure, because that way you care about them but with Aqua explaining a little one would be good to go as far as the story is concerned.

I do think that if one play BBS and DDD the experience will be better, i am just saying it's not gonna be absolutely necessary.

For all it's convolution on the games all that matter is a quick resume and the aftermath to bring a player up to speed.

Please stop. We can't tell if you're retarded or just shitposting.

You mean you're too retarded to understand what I'm saying? You're acting like a fucking child.

Handheld games are and always will be shit and the only people who try to defend them are the Japanese purely because of the fucked up lifestyle their culture has cultivated or people who have buyer remorse for buying a Fisher price handheld and are too sunk cost to do anything but aggressively defend their purchase.

Every single game is better on a console or PC.

>yfw Lightning will be the one responsible for taking Aqua out of the dark world
>noctis cameo
>last minute zootopia world shoehorned in because fanservice
>no wreck it ralph world

k

>No princess and the frog world

No, he was right. I've no problem admitting it was a bad example.

FF VII story can be completely understood without anything else. The prequels and shit was all full of contradictions and inconsistencies that really cheapened the original's story but the original itself is still enjoyable.

You don't need to know Zack's life to understand Cloud. The original game reveals enough key moments of it and of Zack's relationship with Cloud for the player to understand everything.

The Wutan war is barely addressed to and on the original game it was just contextual... there was no need to develop further.

Sephiroth too... the original game was enough to understand the character and as a matter of fact the character made more sense without all the additional gibberish.

On a good narration one develops for plot porpoises, that's it. There is no need to expand on everything.

You're being way too kind to him. He's a shitposter.

To understand Kingdom Hearts 1. You need Kingdom Hearts 1, and that's fucking it, but it's like reading the middle paragraph of a book and not reading anything else. If you want to understand 2, then you need Chain of Memories. If you want to understand further beyond, you need every fucking game including the prequels.

No he wasn't.

>but you don't need Crisis core, Drige of Cerberus, etc, etc.
CC and DC were released after AC.

Just like in KH, the Compilation titles build on each other, the later titles have something known as "sequel baggage" (even in prequels) which inform the story because it's a expansion of the original narrative.

You do not need, say, DDD to understand 358/2 Days.
Because DDD was three years later. But there are parts of DDD that won't make sense if you haven't played 358/2 Days

This is the simplest, the absolute most basic principle of sequels.

A sequel cannot possibly rewrite history and make its predecessor inaccessible until you have experienced the successor. It makes no sense whatsoever for that to be the case.

>i am just saying it's not gonna be absolutely necessary
See, you're retarded. And I know you're retarded, because BbS and DDD introduce characters and plot elements that create the entire FOUNDATION of KHIII.

A HUGE part of the story moving forward is saving the BbS crew, and tangling with the new Organization.

It cannot be as simple as "oh, Sora was asleep."
You can't get away with skipping these games like you could with CoM.

FREYA WHEN?
R
E
Y
A

W
H
E
N
?

Considering she's the only character I give two shits about, how about we just have a solo Aqua game?

And I don't mean another KH spin-off, I mean her own game with no connections to KH whatsoever

no now stop looking out your pineapple, you are shit.

Make me you shit eating fag

Can someone post a youtube video that is the epitome of Kingdom Hearts? The hardest, or best boss fight of the series on the hardest difficulty? I want to see what this game can do

youtube.com/watch?v=PvUxXLFhSx0

look no further.

skip the minute btw

Technically LW and Org 13 on Crit lvl 1 would be the hardest and htey have perfect balance
The thing is that the fights look like they super easy when someone good is playing
youtube.com/watch?v=0EUtbDYMlWo

How come he didn't get the cat ears? would've been cute desu

nevermind. the guy doesn't really show off anything so its probably not the greatest video for it. plus he makes it look easy as hell.

youtube.com/watch?v=gheqi_LAPf0
youtube.com/watch?v=3M_lcWqm8HE
If you have like 2 hours and if you can stand listening to him then these two videos are probably the best. The thing is that the fights only look hard when you actually don't know how to properly play against the bosses

what?

if you want. i can make a custom video for you fighting the lingering will, trying to use all my moves just to show off the gameplay. i'll try it anyway.

man, i hope KH3 surpass the action playstyle of KH2, for a sequel, it must bring something more fun to the table

Most likely, the question is if it's balanced well. KH2 was so fucking fast and yet you always had full control
I have the feeling that KH3 has too much stuff that even tokyo team in their prime wouldn't be able to balance all of it for every single fight in the game
You have combos, spells, flowmotion, ride summons, shotlock, keyblade transformations, possible forms maybe even more. You can bet that there will be one or two things that will be OP as fuck.
Of course the question is also how bosses and enemies react to hits and if thy have hidden values and how their movesets are. There's so much shit that goes into these games that you barely notice, but make the games feel better subconsciously

The entire ending of KH2 blew my mind and was the most hyped thing I've ever seen in a video game. It's the part where the game reminds you it's a JRPG.

youtube.com/watch?v=a02MxIexJ2A

most here ITT grew up with KH, some were still a kid and others in their adolescence (like me).

KH is very disney, it has that influence and environment of being more disney than squeenix game but with a fun gameplay and basic RPG elements.

KH CoM starts to fall into the "edgy" storyline and characters (of course if you played this when you were 12, you probably think is a cool concept but now at your age it might be silly). This game is between KH and KH2, so play this before KH2 for the story, it will make sense.

KH2 starts to separate from disney and becomes more squeenix style when it comes to story trying to make it "deep" and adding more "cool" dark cloaked characters in the story. The good thing about KH2 is the gameplay being strong into being more dynamic and has more action, also the combos have a good flow is easy to make them. At this point you probably ignore the story just for the gameplay, I recommend KH2 Final Mix +

358 days happens during KH and CoM and before KH2, is just more storytelling, watch a movie, the gameplay is not that great

BBS begins before KH and connects the story of why Riku, Sora and Kairi can wield keyblades as well why Ventus looks like Roxas among other questions, gameplay is fun

ReCoded is just there, has fun gameplay but that's it

DDD is the CoM of KH3 now with 20lbs of plots!

X who cares, just wait for the movie

Would appreciate, these level 1 no damage boss fights make the game look way easier than it is I think, and I'm trying to show my friend how difficult this game is

i've always liked over the top action and interesting/insane storylines. except i don't care about any others i just care about it in kingdom hearts.

well i'm uploading a video now. i couldn't fight him good because i was recording it with my phone in between my thighs with my feet on my chair. in fact, its just a minute of me getting pummeled, but i do an awesome combo.

let me attempt that again while this uploads. i'm sure there will be another thread.

I want to unlock Aqua's keyhole with my BBKeyblade!

alright i did it. its uploading but will take probably before an hour because my internet sucks ass.

drake bell voices the master of masters sixth student.

Never ever

the ps4 pro version had better be 60 fps.

Is that FF7 fag gone yet?

kh3d has 60 fps for the original ps4

I doubt it, the GPU gets a rather big upgrade and RAM 512mb + more speed, which will increase textures, shadows, draw distance etc.
But the CPu is only 30-40% faster and it was slow to begin with, it's not enough to make it run at 60 even for simple game like KH3
As long it's actually 30 locked i think it's fine

dream drop distance is 60 frames in the hd collection on the ps4.

>BbS and DDD introduce characters and plot elements that create the entire FOUNDATION of KHIII.
>A HUGE part of the story moving forward is saving the BbS crew, and tangling with the new Organization.
>It cannot be as simple as "oh, Sora was asleep."
>You can't get away with skipping these games like you could with CoM.

It can not but the important information can be introduced in different ways. Narratives do this all the time.
The important information is repeated just as it was on KH2. By the end of it you know who Roxas and Namine are and all that.

Do you absolutely need to know which nobody belongs to which character from Radiant Garden? no. Do you fucking need to know why Axel is so clingy to Roxas? no, they are friends, yo accept it, you move on.

You can totally get away if they manage to convey the important bits of information on the game like they did on 2.

It would be better to play at least DDD and BBS? sure. But in the end if the player only played 1 and 2 it should be enough if the blanks are filled by diary entrances, reports, encounter with other characters that convey the information.

It's like when two characters meet and are in trouble and one say "hey, remember that thing we did that time?". If that piece of information is on another game a player that played that game will remember and feel included and know what they are gonna do and all... if the player have not played the game he won't know what's coming but by the end of the scene he will know something similar transpired on another game or whatever.

It's a poor example but if they convey the information is all the same...

Yeah and that's basicly a PS2 level HD game
KH 0.2 and 3 are totally different tiers

Can we talk instead about why the final boss of Terra's campaign is fucking bullshit and reflects everything wrong with Birth by Sleep's design?

The game assumes that you have Second Chance and Once More, abilities that you're never told that exist in the game. Now, I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's good that the game has secrets that you can discover and enjoy at your own pace. But the game is fucking DESIGNED around the player having abilities IT DOESN'T EVEN NECESSARILY KNOW EXIST in the first place.

The boss deals heavy amounts of damage in long combos the player has no way of escaping from once they get hit even once by it. Not only does the player have to deal with such an amount of hitstun, but the boss has none whatsoever, which means that he can do whatever he wants while you're attacking him, like getting away to avoid damage or pull a combo or dark volley or whatever straight in your face, with you having no way to avoid it

It's horrible bullshit, and it hurts me because, had these faults not existed and the bosses (because it's not just Terranort, every boss in the game doesn't give two fucks that you're attacking him) had proper hitstun, this game would have been fantastic

shh, people are just going to say you're a memer who just wants to hate on the osaka team.

it's worrying when no-name companies can get hitstun right in games like coded but osaka can't.

enemies do get hit stun though. it's just not as prevalent as the main games. lot's of bosses are designed differently instead of the same way. like the mysterious figure you just cant go up to him and combo him

Osaka team is definitely not without fault, but i think with good direction and actual time and no hardware constrains they can make a good combat system and hopefully good balance.
FFXV just shows that even a good team can make a mediocre combat system with bad direction

>BBS in 3's Engine
Holy shit seriously?
Of all games, that got the extreme treatment?
Nice

It's BbS2 basically but just as Aqua

i don't understand why they felt the need to change the combat.

fuck tabata.

BBS2, BBS was already in 2.5

>Final Zebraman

Oh, of course not. If you could just go up to someone and combo them to death that wouldn't be any fun either, the thing would be more an intermediate point, like the revenge system (was it called that?) the other games had, or at least KHII, where after a certain number of hits the enemy would instantly retaliate. It was a good middle ground, that forced you to stay on your toes yet still had a certain security when attacking the opponent. Here at least it just feels more sloppy

And its funny, because Xehanort, the penultimate boss of Terra's campaign can actually be comboed to death without much effort

What was so bad about ddd? I really enjoyed flomotion and even the pokemon werent too bad

this is for the guy to show his friend.

i could have beaten him. but this is why i fucking love kingdom hearts. this is how i play the game. i can makeup my own combos and shit and play how i want on the difficulty i want, and i love the series so i enjoy it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LThG3bZJtPY

>tfw you take control of pic related in KH3
>tfw this starts playing youtube.com/watch?v=Qynb-f79BuE
>tfw you have to kill Darth Aqua, Dark Lord of the Heartless as it plays

>Getting to play as Terra again
Yes please.

He better be involved in the final fight and be the final strike against Xehanort. If he doesn't clean this mess up like he said he would then whats the point?

Terra had a really cool design and his combos and command styles were top notch

Too bad he was the dumbest motherfucker

I wouldn't say he was dumb, just stubborn beyond belief. I know plenty of people like him, they're not stupid, just so fucking stubborn that it blocks common sense.

Also go try Unknown on Critical with Terra without abusing Thunder Surges and things. You'll experience true hell compared to High Octane Cartwheel Magic Action.

Unknown is an awfully designed boss. Beating him without resorting to cheap tactics isn't satisfying, it's masochism. I speak from experience

>PS4 exclusive.

Wew lad The Last of Us is an exclusive too amirite?

The dev team themselves couldn't beat him with Terra if that tells you something, they could with Aqua and Ventus, but not Terra.

Then again High Octane Cartwheel Magic Action is stupidly satisfying and I can't wait for more of it in 0.2.

Is it odd I found Unknown easier with Terra than the rest of the cast? I played it on critical too.

Yes, yes it is. He has the least amount of iframes when it comes to his dash/dodge and while he hits like a truck compared to the others, he gets hit more often as a result and a lot of it is just timed waiting, especially compare to Aqua who is virtually completely invincible when cartwheeling outside of a small frame or two.

Most harder bosses in Kingdom Hearts games are just terribly designed, getting comboed up the ass isn't how you design a boss and the only reason anybody tolerates it is because of second chance and once more.

Well there actually are a lot of tricks you can do within the games that circumvent a lot of those combos. There are a few exceptions, Unknown is one of them Critical Xemnas is another (due to the glitch), Lingering Will is a mixed bag depending on what he starts off with.

so how the hell is mickey in the realm of darkness with aqua?

i thought this game takes place right after bbs? mickey hadn't entered the realm of darkness, yet.

It spans all the way to the start of 3 since time in the Realm of Darkness is fucked

She's been in the realm of darkness throughout the whole series.

She's still there right now.

MASH SQUARE, QTE TRIANGLE.

It goes from the end of BBS all the way until she meets DiZ (which is right after KH2). She literally arrives right after the Door of Light opens in between the Realm of Darkness Beach and the Realm of Nothing beach that Sora/Riku were on.

That scene seems to take place sometime during CoM due to Riku's outfit. Its likely Mickey gets Riku out of the Realm of Darkness and then goes back for Aqua, but she stays to deal with Darkside Spirit Bombs instead with Mickey inevitably leaving with the Keyblade of Darkness.

Speaking of which, why does he have his old Keyblade back in Re:Coded and shit?

Then which games have good combat systems? Cause you can mash in Bayo and DMC too

Is there a gaming franchise more up it's own ass than Kingdom Hearts?

I mean, the only logical conclusion I can come to is that by the end of 2.8... Mickey should rescue Aqua since he has a keyblade that lets him travel to the world of darkness, right?

QTEs act as a third button replacement/a reward for good timing/or a bonus. it's the best QTEs ever in a game

That isn't true at all. You can't do that on some bosses.
Well you'd probably be if you were a game franchise. How is it up its own ass?

because it must have been out for about ten years now?

is pc music producing the soundtrack or something? that trailer music sounds like something a.g. cook would have written

shouldn't the realm of darkness technically exist? i mean it has it's own keyblade, that isn't inherently evil.

What can Aqua possibly accomplish down there other than survive?

Prevent Pureblooded Heartless from escaping and fucking the world up?
Utada Hikaru herself did that remix.

isn't that what mickey was supposed to be doing in kh1?

I'm sure he was also looking for Aqua and she just said she would do it.

>Promise KH3 3 years ago.
>Instead make a full production game of a side story.
Square Enix really doesn't give a fuck anymore. Sooner or later their fans are going to be sick of their shit. I think the Final Fantas VII remakes will be the turning point, where fans say "enough is enough".

so the seven keyblade weilders of light are

sora
aqua
riku
mickey
lea
kairi
and terra, I guess?

Is Kingdom Hearts the most autistic thing to ever exist?

>side-game

Oh how little you know.

Also KH2.8 was trending in the millions for a couple of days after its release, people still give a shit.
Aqua probably not at the rate she's going, her and Terra will likely swap places. Same with Lea and Saix likely.
No you are.

It's up there. One of the seven cautistic Emeralds.

I'm pretty sure the KH fans that have stuck with it this long are fanboys who will gladly eat up any side games they put out.

I know I am.

The beach Sora and Riku were stranded on at the end of KH2 and the one where Aqua met Ansem are not the same

I believe people who use that word in the wrong context are actually autistic.

Honestly I'm ok with the developments of the story so far. They aren't that hard to follow.

yen sid should have done something during bbs.

>Credits start rolling across the screen with all of the UI except for a mostly-transparent command list disappearing while you fight her
FUND IT

>II.8

Because II.5 wasn't edgy enough, was it?

Not a single person outside of the autism spectrum understands KH's story, or gives a shit about it. This is fact.

Pic related is one iteration of the seven holy autisms of video games. This chart gets disputed often. But no one ever thinks to take off Kingdom Hearts. It makes too much sense.

Nomura sucks at naming his games

If it is a fact, show me your source.

If you do, then I will take back what I said, and you are correct. Otherwise, until that proof comes my way, you are wrong about everything and there is no reason for me to keep talking to someone I believe is also a moron on top of being autistic.

>no Hyperdimension Neptunia
>no Persona

Thank you for making my point.

And there he goes!

I already knew you were autistic. More than all of those 7 series combined. You should have realized that when you created that picture, you left some of your autism in there too.

Yes I know, I pointed that out in my post. She just shows up sometime after the Door of Light has opened in between the two and Sora/Riku have left.

Ok, I get it you. You think I'm wrong. Whatever.

>people think aqua will become corrupted

i don't think that's going to happen.

when she meets ansem, she's okay. which i assume takes place after .2 fragmentary passage.

>Ok, I get it you. You think I'm wrong. Whatever.
Oh Jesus Christ leave. Take your picture with you. Just go.

The Demons of the Dark are already corrupted user. They may be fighting it and seemingly ok, but just wait, they'll fall. The Masters will fall.

>you are wrong about everything and there is no reason for me to keep talking to someone I believe is also a moron on top of being autistic.
>PSYCHE!!! Gimme the (you)s!!!

>huuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only autistic people can understand these gaymes!

Only autism is you with this autistic piece of shit garbage image.
Kill yourself, kiddo. Please.

That what I get for not reading through your post properly. Sorry about that

Stop replying to shitposters.

all this KH talk makes me want to go back at playing and finish what is left in my backlog. all I have left are DDD, Coded and BBS to finish

You can just wait for 2.8 on DDD since it's on there in HD. Make sure to watch the FM stuff for BBS if you don't have 2.5.

i assumed something happened in the past that substantially weakened yen sid, eraqus, and xehanort that made them substantially weaker.

>post-credits
>both are down to one 1hp
>youtube.com/watch?v=k4GoLnnz_S4 kicks in
>as the two have an endless fight that does no damage before Eraqus steps out and it fades to black once more
>The New Saga Begins appears as it fades

I think Yen Sid understands there has to be a balance between both light and dark and Eraqus had some faith in Xehanort still. Aqua having some faith still left in Terra until the very end.

>bought BBS just for Aqua
No regrets

This is one of my biggest fears about KHIII

>7 lights spanning tons playable characters from the franchise
>13 darknesses
>KH is known for insane, multistage final boss fights

If we don't get a gauntlet of 13 some odd bosses. switching playable characters depending on the phase/fight (Axel just has to fight Saix, for example), then I'm going to be so disappointed. Even worse if half of them are relegated to off screen.

It's slightly alleviated in that they mentioned there -might- be multiple playable characters, but

With 13 Darknesses and 7 Lights you end up with this.

7 vs. 13 (1v2)
6 vs. 11 (1v2)
5 vs. 9 (1v2)
4. vs. 7 (1v2)
3 vs. 5 (1v2)
2 vs. 3 (1v2)
1 vs. 1 (Sora vs. Xehanort)

This is the most likely outcome, each Light will get to fight or participate in fighting 2 of their counterparts with the final being a 1v1 with Sora and Xehanort, maybe others will help.

I'd rather Sora just straight up lose at the end though and Terra to step in and end things.

Who do you think would fight who? Not that we know who everyone is yet, but

I'm thinking most liely scenario is Sora fighting all of them with different AI partners during different phases, some phases having mutiple of the darknesses (SoD and Xemnas fighting together, etc)

so who are the new members of Org 13?

>Lingering Will arrives to help out
>sees a bunch of Xehanorts
>goes apeshit
Rage Awakened indeed

Yeah I assume it'd be AI partners too.

Who knows though, we only have 5 Lights and 6 Darknesses confirmed for sure. I mean I would assume Riku would get Ansem and Riku Replica (assuming he is one), Ventus would get Vanitas (assuming he's one), Lea would probably get Saix and Xigbar, Aqua (assuming he is one) would probably get Terranort (assuming he is one) and Xemnas.

Who knows who Mickey and Kairi would get, she'd likely just get whatever leftovers there are. Mickey I guess would end up with Young Xehanort and maybe Marluxia (assuming he's one).

>12 years ago
Chain of Memories?

Right now all we know for sure is Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Ansem, Xemnas, Xigbar, and Saix.

Riku Replica, Vanitas, Terranort and Marluxia are all assumed. Though I wonder how Terranort is gonna work considering Ansem and Xemnas. Xemnas does still retain some of his memories as Terra.

You, Sora's mom, Kairi's grand mum, the villian of vcast, dumbo..

>exclusive
>its a remaster

While I could go on and on about how retarded that sounds, I think the reasons should be obvious why I don't discuss shitty game series like Kingdom Hearts.

I only played the first game. But can someone fill me in on what all these "other" heartless type things are? I am familiar with Heartless, and I've seen "Nobody" thrown around. I have only seen/heard vague bits of information. Do they all represent a different aspect of a persons sentience that has been removed or something?

12x Xehanort
Vanitas

Marluxia seems out of place the only highlight was being the leader back in CoM. Xigbar makes sense because he got too involve. Wonder how Marluxia got involved to be a candidate for being a Xenahort

I honestly think you guys are being way too optimistic. It'll probably be something like

>One "darkness" per world, more or less standard bossfights
>When it gets to the last 2-3 you battle them in a bossrush at the final world

Assuming you aren't shitposting (we've seen plenty of it here the last few days).

When a body loses the heart, it becomes two things. A Heartless and a Nobody. A heartless is the hear that is left over and a nobody is the body that is left over.

Stuff like the Unversed in BBS are negative emotions ripped from people, and the Dream Eaters are just things that exist in the Realm of Sleep that eat dreams. Dream Eaters are the result of destroyed worlds by Heartless.

Most disney worlds have disney villains or heartless as boss fights. I can't imagine them having a major villain fight you right at the start of the game

And the narrative requires all of them to clash at once to form the x-blade, or so I think. I don't think it would work if there's only 3 or 4 of them for the final battle

post yfw kairi's grandmother is the true mastermind behind the org and Xehanort is just her puppet

Well there are 4 members that don't appear when they all get their bodies back. Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx, and Luxord. Marluxia was big on trying to overthrow the organization and all that for whatever reason.
More than likely, but I still expect the other lights AI to participate in those fights.

Ok thanks. I don't know why you would assume shit posting.

Since we pretty much know III isn't going to be the final KH game, how do you realistically think they'll continue the story?

New protag? Or just a new antag? New concept entirely?

Heartless is actually the heart that's been consumed by darkness

Nobody is the body/soul leftover.

The names should actually be inverted(nobodies don't have hearts, heartless don't have bodies).

There's unversed too but nobody gives a shit about them. Dream eaters no one wants to give a shit about but they'll probably be important so fuck Nomura.

Bizkit047 has been THE KH guy ever since KH2FM came out in 07, he and Apul used to do every hacked challenge run you could want with the most ridiculous restrictions imposed

You fight most of the Organization in Disney worlds in KHII. Also "clash" doesn't have a strict definition; it doesn't have to be one epic battle, as much as we'd like it to be.

We already know that Sora will always be the hero

Nomura already stated KH3 is just the end of the Xehanort Saga and it will always be about Sora

Which is fucked because Haley Joel Osment can't voice him for too much longer

whats the point of making more KH? it wil be a lot faster to make movies, we can't keep waiting for the next game and then get the remastered version. I don't think I could keep up after 3

Because it looks like shit.

People have been getting very subtle about how they shitpost in the KH threads since the new trailer. Some people have been asking about the series and then just immediately go "Wow how autistic lol fucking children." and shit like that.

Glad I could help though either way.
I remember watching a guy on youtube years ago that was able to take down Lingering Will at Lv. 1 Critical in like 7-10 seconds or some crazy shit. Some japanese guy, wish I could find those videos again they don't seem to be up anymore.

because it is his series and he loves making up his universe. if the games sold abysmally i'm pretty sure he wouldn't still be making games. but we have absolutely no idea how the kingdom hearts series will work after 3 besides the fact that sora will be the main character.

the fact that we can do nothing but speculate, i'm more interested in thinking about what console he will start the new saga on.

I'm kind of sick of Sora honestly. I mean he fits the best with the Disney characters because of his cheerful attitude, but I'd really like focus on the other characters. Like KH1 and CoM he was largely struggling and having problems, by KH2 he just became this unstoppable powerhouse, he only didn't lose in DDD due to plot convenience honestly.

Meanwhile everyone else plays just as fun and has some actual character development and stuff going on that fleshes them out more. I mean Nomura already said that he did the whole Dream stuff so he had an excuse to make Sora/Riku look younger because he regrets aging them, even Sora/Riku/Kairi can't stay young forever they don't really have the plot convenience that Aqua and Ventus have.

The voice acting in this game is so good.

It'll be at the end of the PS5's life cycle or sometime within the first year of the PS6's. He still has other projects to work on too and I can only imagine we'll get a Xehanort Saga complete edition with all the final mixes, every game upgraded like he originally wanted with Days/Coded (but time restrictions), etc.

Wait, will it not include KH2?

how old is the ps4 then right now, and how many years does it have left? because all nomura has to work on is kingdom hearts 3 and final fantasy 7. and final fantasy 7 has three parts, so thats a year of each part. i think he can make it to the end of the ps4 with another game.

It'll be 3 years old come November when the shit ass Pro bullshit releases.

I would guess after Pro releases it has no life left because Devs will just develop for it and all the backports will run like garbage.

Otherwise, 3-4 more years for the PS4, console life cycles are usually around 6-7 years.

t. butthurt early adopter

>console life cycles are usually around 6-7 years.
Uh, no. Are you a child?

Up until the seventh generation, console turnover was roughly 5 years every time. Gen 7 is the longest to date.

No its just garbage. Consoles don't need to be having 2-3 life cycles essentially. That was their entire selling point was that you didn't have to constantly keep upgrading them until the next one was out 6-7 years later. They'll always be behind PC regardless but even a 280X is stronger than the Pro, a 280X.

They're just trying to get more money out of people by essentially lying to them about 4k. That and they don't even bother to offer a decent trade in program for people that did already buy a PS4? Whether it was at launch on simple 7 months ago (a couple months before announced the Pro). Its just dumb, sure I may be butthurt, but there is just no point in buying consoles anymore until the end of their life cycle.

NES: 1983-1990 (7 years)
SNES: 1990-1996 (6 years)
N64: 1996-2001 (5 years)
GCN: 2001-2006 (5 years)
Wii: 2006-2012 (6 years)
Wii U: 2012-2017 (5 years)

Master System: 1986-1988 (2 years)
Genesis: 1988-1995 (7 years)
Saturn: 1995-1998 (3 years)
Dreamcast: 1998-2001 (3 years)

Xbox: 2001-2005 (4 years)
360: 2005-2013 (8 years)

PS1: 1994-2000 (6 years)
PS2: 2000-2006 (6 years)
PS3: 2006-2013 (7 years)

Sony consoles have been 6-7 years. The majority of consoles are 6 years. The average life cycle of a console with all of these is 5.3 years, but this is also including consoles that ultimately failed out of those 4, mainly Sega. When taking Sega out of the equation then you have the average being 6 years. If you focus back to 2000 on all the consoles released since then, you still have roughly 6 years.

I was an early adopter of the PS3(and that took fucking EFFORT, too) but quickly learned my lesson when it turned out bulky and hot like a motherfucker and no good exclusives came out till mid-late cycle anyway. I was holding out for PS4 slim but the Pro is basically a pleasant surprise. I can empathize with early adopters to an extent but at the same time slowing hardware advancements plus peoples' unwillingness to pay a premium for futureproof consoles has necessitated the mid-generation refresh, imo. Like you said the new specs still leave something to be desired(though I'd like to point out that a more even comparison would be 470 straight across, going up to 480 depending on how efficient specialized console architecture is).

If you trade in your PS4 for a Pro, you'll probably end up paying close to $600 total anyway, which was the same price as the PS3 at launch, not even accounting for inflation.

Unfortunately, you have people that held out hope with well FFXV, 2.8, and a bunch of games come out in 2016 (or were supposed to and had been developed long enough you'd assume so) so it would stand to finally get one, then the Pro comes around the corner and stuff gets delayed all around in order to add Pro modes for it.

It just sucks, usually I wait anymore, but I figured, well there will be some games out for it this year that I want. Either way, I'm going to get them and enjoy the hell out of them, but in 2 years or so, so many games are going to need a Pro or they'll just slog down really, which does suck.

Looked at the trade-in offer, you get half off the pro which would be $200, but it requires 5 games as well as the PS4 trade in, and those 5 games don't include yearly sports editions or any of your digital games if you have any. Which kind of blows, plus you have all the people that don't have a 4K TV that will still buy one regardless just for the improved frame-rate stability. Personally I just think its a bad move, I've seen plenty of people angry over it, mostly due to it not supporting 4K Blu-Rays or having Mod Support for Bethesda games, but still. I think its ultimately a poor move, because it'll still sell and we'll see new console versions every 2-3 years from now on.

From here on out though might as well wait like I usually used to do, outside of a few older consoles I got instantly like the GCN because Luigi's Mansion and Melee were launch titles. Just sucks, but oh well, I'm sure I'll get one eventually down the line regardless, I'll still enjoy 2.8 and all the games that will be exclusive to it all the same.

As for the specs, I was just basing that off an image I saw in an earlier thread, don't know if it was true, but it had the PS4 specs below a 280X even.

looks like death was cast on the thread.

More like stopga.

Just that time of that night, hopefully this pic fixes it.

>you will never experience this with her in your life

what time is it there? it's like 5 am here.

2 summarized events from ONE non-numbered game and I still was completely lost on some parts.
Even with summarized shit, going from 2 to 3 without playing what's in between must make the game nearly impossible to understand.

4am here, central.

>Nomura wants to release KH shit yearly to keep the series alive
>2.8 comes out in 2017
Does that mean we'll have to wait until 2018? The wait is fucking killing me

More than likely yes. We'd have gotten it in December if it wasn't for them delaying it for Pro Mode.

The delay was because of XV actually, this is confirmed.

>a game thats been in development for 5 years is now causing other games to be delayed

What a mess, considering its had a concept for 10 years at least and didn't just start development until 11 I think?

It delayed 2.8 because of its own delay.

So basically, because Tabata just couldn't let the huekin in Brazil have a version of the game without the day-one patch, now 2.8 is pushed over into next year.

Why are we here if only to suffer?

Nah nigga. I'm betting the real reason of the delay is the Pro. Like, they'll remove the massive Day one patch as well, but that's not the trigger for the delay.

Based on how many bugs were present in the master footage(and how drastically it's improved since then) I suspect the development schedule was always balls-to-the-wall with XV. The Pro was just the extra push they needed to say "fuck it we're delaying this shit." The problem is that now they really can't do a day one patch because they said they wouldn't do one, so it's a tradeoff in a sense.

The funny thing is that Tabata just recently kind of backpedalled on that, like "yeahhhhhh...well, it'll be good on day one, but we're not saying there won't still be patches"

do you not want them to patch the game?

>Land of Departure

Land of Departure doesn't even exist anymore, Aqua turns LoD into Castle Oblivion at the end to keep Ven's body safe.

What is the source on this?

Liar

I intentionally skipped all the retarded spin offs. I keep being told that BBS is the only one I should worry about if I care about this convoluted story.

Should I bother with 2.8?

>I HAVE TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAMES TO UNDERSTAND THE STORY FUCKING SQUARE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I do. I'd rather wait five more years and have it be great than get it now and be shit or even mediocre.

But I also know that if they release a patch too soon after release there'll be a PR shitstorm(as if there aren't enough of those already).

user it's 2 year old information from just a concept/rough fan trailer. A lot of the stuff that was shown was just to show something off for the fans who got to see it.
This.

Because it's shit like every other kh and exclusive to your peasant brick

Actually desu knack is a decent meme, so at least you have that

k

Speak English you fucking weaboo

Most of the post-game/secret bosses are pretty reasonable and have ways you can win legitimately.

But Mysterious Figure is fucking stupid. You literally have to dodgeroll for minutes at a time until he decides to have an opening and then just spam one of the elemental surges, and thats only if you're not somehow getting infinitely combo'd by his unrelenting flurry of bullshit

>No more framerate drops
>No more floaty running
>Terra doesn't look like a REBOOT character anymore

Fucking lit

Newfag detected

>the way aqua actually turns her body now when turning around instead of just snapping in the other direction

it's the little things

Been trying to get back into 3D after hearing about the remake but god damn this combat isn't very satisfying. Just beat Rinzler in tronworld and it wasn't fun to fight when he can just shake off any attacks I throw at him. Any tips on how to either make the game more fun or at least git gud?

Man final fantasy went full retard this time

okay.

I really hoped a release for the first two collections on PS4 would be announced at TGC. Now I'll just focus my hopes on the "something else" planned for the series' 15th anniversary next year March. But it'll probably be a pachinko or something stupid.

Your post is pretty fucking stupid.

W-Why?

Fucking degenerate Sony weaboos, kill yourself and your peasant brick waifu

t. butthurt Steamslave

I appreciate him because he obviously has buckets of love and enthusiasm for the series but it's hard to watch one of his videos to the end when he can barely put together a sentence and constantly repeats himself.

He can't be as bad as HMK. HMK makes me uncomfortable with how awkward he can be sometimes.

To be fair Days and Unchained X basically hold story hostage between hours of utterly unfun gameplay. If I could I'd go back and tell myself to just read a plot summary.