Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d8_uFtnRHE4?t=8m40s
youtube.com/watch?v=XSOrQUo3s20
youtube.com/watch?v=VrB8i1SNT78
picosong.com/TPxe/
youtube.com/watch?v=4SYLQl98orI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shills

I still don't like it? Am I not part of everyone?

Vocal minority. People that don't like it are mostly ignoring it.

I know you're that guy that makes 20 Color Splash threads a day, by the way.

Sounded like another trailer went out that showed it's got some kind of extra resource system, I think? Haven't been paying too close attention and it didn't sound like enough to redeem it for me.

>everyone likes this game now
Said nobody ever.

The visuals (while I personally dislike the whole "dude, everything is paper, let's just exemplify that every possible second, but also add cardboard!" aesthetic. Old PM still reminded you it was paper, with shit like buttons causing scenes to fold over to something new or when you go down a pipe and the whole screen crumples down with you before unfolding back out on the other side, but it wasn't so... in your face.
Story looks shit.
Writing in general looks shit.
Combat looks more dreadful than Shitter Star.

>That first line
The visuals are good, I just don't like them personally.

You mean the "gain RGB paint so you can smack shit with a hammer" system.
Making you actually need to fight now because you need to fill the RGB to paint key items to reach the ending.
It is just nintendo covering up the gaping flaw they had in Sticker Star.

pros
>great aesthetic

cons
>no partners
>only original characters are colored toads
>no badges
>one time use cards
>resource system to use one time use cards
>no exp
>no cohesive world, just level select
>wacky, zany real world items for children to laugh at

looks horrible still

It's all Wii U owners have to look forward to this year.

That or damage control.

The 5 Stages of Grief.

lol at this boss battle
youtu.be/d8_uFtnRHE4?t=8m40s

Acceptance is a part.
But it is not accepting the game. No,
It is Accepting that Nintendo is dead to you.

it's not a boss battle

Well, yeah. Arguing with shills became exhausting.

Vocal minority.
People like me who hated it are just apathetic now and probably just ignore the threads now.

This. My friend is the biggest PM fanboy you'll ever see and he's just ignoring Color Splash.

It almost looks decent but then I see the battle system, turn 360 degrees and walk away.

This battle system makes no sense.

>shit ton of good wii u exclusives out when the system is dying
>wii u is dirt cheap (50$-150$)
>CEMU is moving very rapidly in terms of compatibility
>tfw most exclusives work

youtube.com/watch?v=XSOrQUo3s20 (1.6.0 showing exclusives and the improvements since 1.5.6)

youtube.com/watch?v=VrB8i1SNT78 (Not exclusive but still impressive to see being ran - Cemu 1.6.0)

It's all Wii U owners have to look forward to period. Besides Zelda, but that's getting an NX port.

I don't like it at all. In fact, contrary to what most people are saying, I think it looks worse NOW than it did before. Yes, there are more NPCs, but that entire Colosseum thing was just awful. This is one game where I wish you could just skip the gameplay segments.

What the fuck.

What the actual fuck was that.

It's what the executives want
Why bother to complain?

>skip the gameplay segments

Fuck that, go back and rebuild the gameplay segments so they're actually good. Seriously, what was wrong with the first 2 games' spin on the Mario RPG formula?

lol that piggy wiggy can BOOGY WOOGY :D

They were RPGs
Nintendo didn't want two Mario RPGs coexisting despite having enough differences

It's just sticker star with a few frustrating elements removed. The PM series abruptly got turned into a kid's first "RPG" and I no longer have a shred of desire to care. Anyone who focuses on excuses or anger for the game needs to move on.

Yet they're fine with having six gorillion side scrollers?

>At this rate, we'll be able to play Paper Mario Color Splash via Emulator same day it releases with only minor hiccups

>a literal talking bucket
>has no cartoony or humanoid features
>just a bucket

Why?

As long as there isn't two Mario sidescrollers

The difference is that those sidescrollers (Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, DK) are all from different franchises, while Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi are both from the main Mario franchise. The argument is "we have TWO Mario RPGs" not "we have TWO RPGs".

We don't have TWO Mario racing spin-offs do we? We don't have TWO Mario Golf spin-offs do we?

Even 2D and 3D Mario have been folded into one with 3D Land & 3D World.

I stopped caring years ago but recent footage is frustrating because it almost, ALMOST looks like I could give half a fuck again. But then I see some more footage and I get a little upset that my hopes were slightly raised for like 10 seconds. I felt a twinge of "oh yeah, PM used to be good, didn't it?".

Just pirate it if it's making you waver, you've got nothing else to play.

The handle is actually two different arms.

It hasn't even fucking come out yet, hoow can anyone like or dislike it without actually playing it? Faggots

The game aesthetically looks nice, which will lead to some people thinking "hey, maybe Color Splash won't be that bad", then they slowly start to ignore other aspects like gameplay and story because the game looks nice and it just sort of snowballs from there.

This is one of the worst mosaics I have ever seen.

Oh, it's not making me waver. It still looks like shit at a more detailed glance. It's just that at first I thought they might've actually learned from their mistakes, only to quickly find out that they have not.

People can dislike for how its a sign of where the series is heading towards.

Paper Mario used to be a game about Mario using paper as a gimmick. Now it's about paper using Mario as a gimmick.

Because we have 3 things - gameplay footage, eyes to observe it with, and a brain to form opinions based on the first 2 things we have. Apparently, you lack at least one of these if you don't understand the concept. Factually speaking gameplay footage is out there and I'll be damn impressed if you can type that well while blind. That just leaves one real option left.

I wish the bucket didn't comment on every single thing that happens.

Is Huey the first companion to be male? I don't remember any companion being male before.

Thread Theme
picosong.com/TPxe/

Skipping is a stop gap until Nintendo can get their shit together and make a real Paper Mario game.

Fun fact: the last real Paper Mario game released BEFORE the last F-Zero game. We Paper Mario fans have been waiting longer than F-Zero fans.

Fuck that, I haven't played a PM since TTYD.

Paper Mario came first, though, so it shouldn't have been the one getting axed.

Judging a game solely on footage rather than actually playing it is like saying you don't like a particular food you've never tasted because you don't like how it looks.

What would you have butchered Mario & Luigi into then?

No it's not because we can straight-up see what we're getting. In the case of CS, the battle system looks straight garbage with this card shit and elongated mid-battle cutscenes. I can see that it doesn't look fun, I don't need to play it to come to that conclusion.

What's going to happen after this bombs? Do they keep making stale M&L games and shelf PM forever? Would they try to salvage it with another genre switch? You already know the answer wouldn't be what you want.

Mario & Luigi series were more solid in that aspect though. Paper Mario generally had better story and I guess their idea of elaborating on that was turning it into shit like Sticker Star.

Super Paper Mario was tolerable for me but ultimately not what I wanted. Paper Mario RPG where you can actually play bowser/peach/luigi sounded great to me. Hell they could've at least made it Doki Doki Panic even.

Yoshi's Wooly World just came out and is getting an enhanved port.

It's more like AlphaDream actually told Miyamoto to fuck off unlike IS

It looks gorgeous and is absolutely charming.

My power made people realize just how great SS is.

Does everyone who likes this game are vocal minority here, or in general?

As a standalone SSS was a great game, as an overall series it's been on a decline since the 2nd one, BIS was a fluke. Paper Mario and Paper Mario 2 were better than SSS anyway.

people seem to think sticker star was an irredeemable, unsalvageable mess - which is partly true. The game has great art, fun/memorable levels (not worlds) and fantastic music and can be actually pretty witty at times, but the mechanics and systems behind the gameplay are simply flawed and are not engaging in any way (typical bad RPG combat)

you could theoretically do sticker star right, which is why I'm at least holding out hope for color splash as opposed to tossing it the garbage like federation force

It's just Cody and maybe one or two other guys here who are really excited for it

I don't hate it with a passion. It won't be as good as PM/TTYD, but it has potential to at least be more enjoyable than SS.

People seem to be warming up to CS after the recent batch of trailers and footage, but I don't think the general opinion has shifted much.

>All this shitposting that doesnt raise poster count
>flat out lying about how the game works even though we have video evidence of all the fixes

Haters confirmed to be really really salty autismos. How do you live with yourself, being mad at a videogame?

shitposters left.
only joy now.

>story
What's wrong with the story here?

It has the combat of a mobile game. Oh what ever happened to one of my favourite rpg series. As a child I played legend of the seven stars not this garbage.

Goombario, if he counts since he and Goombella can be considered tattle/first buddies to Mario

Are these what you meant?

>PM: Been a while since I'd last played it so I can't remember. I guess that one move where you spin to go faster.
>TTYD: "Curse" paper abilities
>SPM: Dimensional Flip
>SS: Never played it

I'm having fun playing Paper Jam so I don't know what you mean about M&L getting stale.

he means muh OCs, which Dream Team still had and AlphaDream already talked about in Paper Jam developer interviews, the next M&L will go back to original locations and characters

AlphaDream doesn't answer to Miyamoto unlike IS, and will even argue with Nintendo sometimes. And for what it's worth, even though Paper Jam DOESN'T have OCs, it does great with the characters it has to work with.

One thing I always liked about M&L was the fact that they were willing to reuse characters like Birdo, Kamek, the Koopalings (before it was cool), Viruses, and Geno. I hope that at least they migrate some of PM's non!paper variants over to it if they're not going to be used in PM anymore (which would also prove that yes, all the events of PM had a "real" counterpart happen in the normal Mario Verse, with the PM games being a recording of said adventures.)

>Gamexplain discussion with Nintendaan since he has the game already
>He says the horrible puzzles and bland dialogue were fixed
>Battles still suck and its even easier to get coins and cards now

What did they even learn between games?

I always feel like they should've gotten rid of the RPG elements in SPM. The whole "turning PM into an action-adventure game" might had started from that. Honestly, I didn't mind that since I thought it was interesting from its trailers and gameplay footages and that it was the second PM game I'd played before knowing the 64 one actually exist. I guess the director thought about making the 2-d gameplay similar to the Bowser sections in TTYD, which I think could have been great, but had to put a few RPG elements so the game could still be a considered a RPG. The elements were really unnecessary and I think gameplay would've better if there is none of that. Also, I'm looking forward to CS than I was with SS.

Color Splash was conceived immediately at the end of Sticker Star's development, I don't think they learned very much.

there is none

Me on the left

That's what I like about the M&L games, too. I'm surprised DT brought back Kylie and Popple, even their role in that game is so short and a bit boring. I wished the PM series can do same their characters as well like they did once in TTYD where Bow makes a small cameo appearance at the end.

Even Paper Jam called back to previous installments via remixing music

youtube.com/watch?v=4SYLQl98orI

But I thought the story is about Mario, Peach, and Toad investigating Prism Island after they received a colorless Toad from there.
Also while I could see SS having a really bare-boned and boring story, wasn't 64 a bit simple,too?

Oh man, you don't know how happy I was when they brought that back! Shame that it stopped appearing again after Paper Mario comes in.

>tfw we'll be able to emulate BOTW shortly after release

>time to grease up the ol' pecker

>wasn't 64 a bit simple,too?
Technically the over all story is really simple. But unlike Sticker Star (not going to comment on CS yet) they at least presented it well since you have Peach investigating the area looking for clues on what to do with Twink relaying the info onto Mario and Bowser talked with for example the Koopa Bros plotting how to foil Mario. Also each chapter had it's own different story going on (like Tubba Blubba being invincible eating Boos or a Shy Guy army taking over Toad Town). Sticker Star was just go to stage to stage & do some puzzles. The closest thing to any notable story elements were with the Wiggler, the Enigmansion being haunted & after each boss you see how the crown corrupted them but there's no build up to it, it's just said the crown fucked with them pretty much & that's it. Basically what I'm saying is the original had a plain overall story but the journey had a decent amount going for it, at least enough to make it interesting unlike SS where you just go to stage to stage.

it came out?

It comes out Oct.7th but review copies are out & a lot of footage has been shown off in the past month.

cody samefagging

Only parts I liked were the implication that Bowser Jr and Kamek straight up died. Hated those obnoxious cunts in that game.

64's greatest strength was its sincerity. I remember being stupidly impressed as a kid that "this was the one where Bowser finally beats Mario!" and the build up to that rematch being fantastic.

Simple is a strength if done well. The problem with Sticker Star and by the looks of all the trailers Color Splash is that the games are too simple to the point of absurdity. If you watch boss videos of Mario and Luigi games most of the bosses can be blitzed by spamming the last Bros Move you got but many players don't default to that and try to mix it up and interact with the boss in different ways, for fun or strategic gain or because they like using their favorite move.

In these Color Splash videos you just see Mario use the move to instantly win the battle. It bores me to tears.

I liked the part where Jr. exploded into confetti.

Definitely seems to be a general thing. Even the comments sections for the trailers posted on Facebook are filled with people who aren't happy with CS.