Whats the best 2D and 3D Sonic game? Should I just replay them all or..?

Whats the best 2D and 3D Sonic game? Should I just replay them all or..?

Sonic 2. None of the 3D games are better than a 5/10.

Sonic 3&Knuckles
Unleashed

Why do you think its sonic 2....

And why do you think sonic 3K? Its been years but I dont think all the 3D games are 5/10 tier

fpbp

Just play through 1, 2, CD, and 3&K.

3D games are a bit harder to recommend, since a lot of them are different. Try out one of the Adventures or Generations.

Well I dont like sonic 1 and sonic cd, those are some of my least favorite sonics thats for sure. I used to really like sonic adventure 2 and sonic unleashed, not sure how they'd fare today. Generations was decent but lost its luster really fast for some reason, anyone else feel that way or was it just me?

Meh bump. How was lost world? I see its on steam, never played that one

I'd say Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It has the pace and level design that made Sonic a classic with (in my opinion) better visuals than 2 and a few more mechanics (the 3 shields and the jumping attack thing).
The movement in the first one wasn't as smooth and while the time travel in Sonic CD is interesting it gets kind of annoying having to backtrack in order to reach 88 mph and use the time machines.
I don't really care about the 3D ones so I don't know about that.

it's hot shit. sonic controls awkwardly, platforming is abysmal and it's just not fun. it's like someone modded sonic into super mario galaxy but it's absolutely not as cool as it sounds.

That didnt sound cool to begin with, mario sucks. Kind of sad how thats what they decided to copy

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is the best but 2 and CD are amazing too.

Sonic Generations is probably the only 3D sonic game that can be considered truly great. I enjoyed Adventure 1, but adventure 2 is complete shit.

Sonic 3&K is the best 2D game, and probably the best in the whole series. I'll never get why so many say 2 is better. 2 is still damn good but 3&K feels like an improvement in almost every way.

Generations is probably the best 3D Sonic, even if half it is 2D. 3D Sonic has a lot of dark spots. The Adventure games are okay but aged really poorly in a lot of places, especially with the story, cutscenes, and most of the stages that aren't Sonic stages.

No offense but you guys seem biased towards the 90s sonic games which kinda sucks because i like a lot of post 2000 sonics. Is there a site or forum that isnt as one sided? You can only read the same answer so many times

You'd likely find the same opinions on most places, unless you just go to a Sonic fan forum where everyone loves everything, and that's not very helpful.

The 4 originals all have their upsides and downsides. There really isnt a definitive best

Sonic 1 had the most polish and best special stages
Sonic 2 had great levels but some levels were just amazingly buggy
Sonic 3&k is huge and has the best core gameplay but has some really shoddy level design
Sonic cd had the best variety when it came to multiple paths

S3&K and 3D is kind of hard to call but I'd say Generations.

It's quite bland honestly, middle of the road. Nothing is too horrible except for the level design, like in that ice world for example. There's also a run button, if you care about that, and Super Sonic isn't a final boss exclusive.

S3&K is the best 2D game
Unleashed is the best 3D game

The only problem I have with Unleashed is the medal grinding. Werehog is a fun concept, but the stages could also be shorter.

>Werehog is a fun concept
die

What is Sonic R?

Beat-em-up combat platforming is a fun concept, the problem is the gameplay wasn't fast enough, the platforming was finnicky, the levels dragged out too long, and the battle music was programmed by Elzam von Branstein.

I want to fuck that Hedgehog

Werehog felt like something made in 2 weeks to stretch the game a bit more.
It makes me sad, making those pretty stages that people boost through in 3 minutes must be very expensive.

It seems that sonic 2 and 3k are pretty equal to each other. Im trying to remember each because i havent touched a sonic game in years, dont play platformers often but i've always secretly liked sonic. Which one had the carnival area, the ancient ruins area, the mushrooms and shit, the egyptian level? I fucking hated those. Sonc unleashed also seems to be the popular 3D pick. That was the one that had the boost, day/night levels, amazing graphics and real world locations right? Holy shit i played the fuck out of that one throughout 2009.

>Which one had the carnival area, the ancient ruins area, the mushrooms and shit, the egyptian level?

3&K

>I fucking hated those.

The desert level was weak and the carnival area had some dumb bits but otherwise I disagree.

My favorites are Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Adventure 2 [spoiler/]

Then i disagree with you too