Could Snake or Big Boss in their prime have defeated the Winds of Destruction and Senator Armstrong in Raiden's place?

Could Snake or Big Boss in their prime have defeated the Winds of Destruction and Senator Armstrong in Raiden's place?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DP29E9MljaE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.
The Winds of Destruction and Armstrong are way beyond regular or even talented humans.

One of the major themes of MGS4 was heroes like Solid, and therefore Big Boss, being rendered obsolete by the new wave of technologically advanced soldiers. They'd get their shit slapped hard.

You're bad

Big Boss was considered the greatest warrior of the 20th century. Widely regarded amidst soldiers and other men of war. So much so that the man behind global information control wanted to clone him to have a tighter grip on the world. Big Boss would've shit all over that joke villain and so would Solid.

>Solid still defeats Zero even with all his shit tier tech
>Big Boss only stood up to by his genetic descendent.

100% laffs

I can see them beating Monsoon and the girl one. I don't see any way to beat Sundowner, Sam, or Armstrong.

Big Boss or Solid Snake would get fucking destroyed. Bosses in Rising can't be defeated by through gunfire and stealth.

At that point soldiers were still bound to human limits.
Now we have dudes jumping thousand of meters in the air, cutting shit with swords faster than the eye can follow, dividing their bodies into many parts or getting almost impenetrable nanomachine body armor.

Rising isn't a Metal Gear game though. It's a game set in the MG universe.

And?

>beyond human talents
you do know that Sam is barely a cyborg right?

its more MGS than anything that came after MGS4

That's not the point, dumbass.

Big Boss and Solid are Dr Who and MacGyver tier faggots
They'd find a way to fuck them up, jam their electronics somehow because fuck it they have weaboos hacker man backup
Find some way of shutting down omelet man's nano bots

Glad I could help clear this up for you

considering Sam almost fucked up armstrong with only an exosuit, blade, and while being 100% stock flesh and bone. I'd say Solid Snake stands a good chance as long as we count MGS2 Snake as is Prime who is a complete monster.

knife and cqc skills =/= sword skills

They'd just throw chaff grenades, punch em a few times, retreat and repeat.

Sam is literally the most skilled person in any Metal Gear game

You might as well be asking if The Boss could have taken Revengeance-era Raiden 1v1.

The answer is "Not a fucking chance."

I thought MGS4 was about how soldiers like BB and Solid Snake were becoming obsolete. So, no. I doubt they could have beaten anyone above Mistral without some sort of really lucky cheat.

Big Boss couldn't defeat shit but Snake probably, maybe. It's a not fair comparison because MGR is specifically about humans no longer having a place on the battlefield.

A BRAVE - NEW WORLD RISING!

Raiden can't 1-shot Gekkos
Snake can

you're all being retarded.

Armstrong is a villain, and anyone dumb enough to craft such an encounter would find some tactical out for snake or big boss to end up victorious.

these match-up scenarios are only interesting between two good guys, specifically because of this.

100% this

I believe Twin Snakes Solid Snake could do it.

I thought one of the major themes was that technology and VR junk are no replacement for a real experienced, battle-tested soldier

The better question is can Grey Fox beat them?

Sure they could. Someone would just send them a mcguffin device to help even the odds against cybernetically enhanced soldiers or electronic equipment.

You know... like those emp grenades Raiden can use against them except on a larger or more consistent scale.

The Grey Fox gear seems to be a much higher quality prototype for a lot of the stuff the cyborgs in revengeance ended up with so probably, yeah.

emp grenades and a gunshot to the head

gg ez

Beating them at COD maybe

youtube.com/watch?v=DP29E9MljaE

Snake beat Ninja archetypes multiple times who all had superhuman abilities

What about CQC with a high frequency knife?

In Revengeance canon he probably could. Gray Fox's sword cuts through anything in the game like butter and does as much damage as Sam's blade.

in the manner that Raiden faced them: probably not.

but the whole point of MGS is that you're sneaky enough to engage the enemy on your terms, if at all.

given that they're bosses, we'll assume that avoiding them is out of question. but even then, Big Boss and Solid Snake are videogame characters controlled by a person. with that in mind, you've got to figure that they are fighting in a space designed with that in mind (see Vulcan Raven, Fat Man, etc.) and that any advantage afforded to the enemy is leveled by the player's adaptation or exploitation to/of the game they're playing.

this is something Kojima briefly touched upon in Ground Zeroes - Raiden was playable in one scenario but was bound by GZ's gameplay, and as such didn't push shit in as much as he would have done if it were an MGR:R level - he was limited by the game, not the character, a direct inversion of the original proposal.

STANDING HERE

Nice. Knife.

Sure. That's why Snake got past the FROGS before the microwave corridor without Raiden's help, right?

He would have if he wasn't convulsing from nanomachines. Tech was what disabled him.

Not at all.
I'm glad it's not getting any sequels.

Salty kojimafag came into this thread just to be mad

Those ninjas were pretty low-tier compared to Raiden. Hell, even Sam, a regular human being, was on a whole new level above the cyborg ninjas.

The only way I can see Solid or BB winning is if they had tech that would directly counter them.

But it's true, MGR is not canon, and the plot line it opened will never be finished.

>using Kojima being Assblasted that some who :^) made a better MGS game then he since 3 as an argument

WEW

Salty rising memefag is pissed someone called his half-assed bayo clone shit

>Tech was what disabled him.
And he needed tech to even function in the first place.

I don't know why you're acting like Snake beat the events of MGS4 by himself. He got tons of help from tech, support teams, and people like Raiden saving his ass. It was a group effort to barely save the world including the fact that Ocelot was on their side.

The fuck does that have to do with his post.

Kojima actually loved Rising though, he probably would consider it canon but Konami has creative control over the IP now

Well yeah, he was an old man. Snake in his prime with no tech could have done it alone.

>I love Metal Gear! I started with 5 and it's my favorite. I can't wait to play 3, the best game ever made XD

Nigga Kojima liked MGR so much he put MGR Raiden in MGSV, put the MGR soundtrack in MGO3 and dedicated a side mission to him in GZ.

>Snake in his prime with no tech could have done it alone.
How would he defeat all of the Frogs?

CQC

>It's Konami's fault

Like fucking clockwork

No, I think MGS as a whole is a pretentious piece of shit, MGR is just the Leto Joker of videogames.

:^)

I bet it's his fault that Konami considers MG: Zombies a better investment than MGR2.

It's the only answer I could give...

Even if I had said guns you'd just say that's technology.

I enjoyed pre MGS4 metal gear,I honestly don't see the point of adding fucking mechs and super soldiers beyond what we already had.

MGR was great though

>t-the company that killed every single one of their IPs in the last 10 years had absolutely nothing to do with MGS' death

I'm so happy Cred Forumseddit opinions are irrelevant and that everyone outside this place hates Konami.

DOKTOR WANTED ME TO SAVE THE LEFT ARM BUT I SLICED IT ANYWAY

THROW AWAY THE KEY

Savor it, you slut

It's fine to like Rising (I do) but don't say stupid shit like that. And if you're gonna shit on PW and V you've gotta shit on 4 as well since it was many times more awful than either of those games.

MGR is the logcial conclusion of the series, Kojima knew this and decided to fuck around in Big Boss timeline which is significantly less interesting.

He's not going to get out of that with CQC, user.

But you're just shitposting at this point so I guess we'll stop here.

They could probably beat everyone but Sundowner.

But it's true.
MGS is a franchise built completely on ripping off countless media, books, songs movies...
There's not a single original thing in MGS, the dialogue is absolutely horrible and it managed to make even Kiefer Sutherland sound like a bad actor.

Then MGR is just a le wacky xDD mediocre hack and slash game with one of the worst cameras ever conceived and a gameplay that relies on the zandatsu gimmick to cover up the otherwise lackluster combat.

No I dont. And what I said isnt stupid.

PW/GZ/TPP only qualify as MGS games because Kojima put his name on them. If they were called anything else you wouldn't even know. MGR actually manages to take the gameplay in a different direction while keeping the same spirit, even down to the fucking Codec.

I will say though that GZ was the best thing to come from that mess of the prequels. Motherbase was a mistake.

>people on Cred Forums actually defend Konami
Sure Kojima is a hack, but Konami are just as responsible for killing all their series these past few years as Kojima.

>m-muh Director Kun who's been sucking up to Hollywood for decades and has lost respect for his own creation and the industry 12 years ago had absolutely nothing to do with MGS' death
>m-muh site i visit on regular basis but try to guilt trip others with because i am secret club underage faggot

It was the natural progression of the MGS universe up to that point. It was also to hammer home the point that people like Snake just weren't needed anymore since every dopey merc grunt became crazy Gray-Fox tier cyborg ninjas.

We literally only had ONE 3d game where we only played as solid in his prime, maybe this is why people feel so burned out

Solid Snake would take them all on and save the world. He's a hero and a legend. They're small time.

That was cool though. He built up his own army (even though our boy Hal did most of that work) and faces the patriots with them. It's still a bit strange that drebin and ocelot were on his side though, why did they wait so long to tell him?

oh shit pack up boys

What are they actually going to do?

MGS is dead
Castlevania is dead
Even shit like Goemon is fucking RIP

What do they even have anymore?

>has lost respect for his own creation

Of course he has lost respect for MGS, he must have realized that the entire franchise is nothing but elements from 80's movies taped together with a terrible gameplay, and he has dedicated most of his career to this crap which had an audience so fucking dumb that it took them a decade to understand the message of MGS2.
Every game since MGS3 panders to the MGS fanbase: games with elements taken from mediocre games like grinding and an open world with a minimal and simplistic story.
Maybe MGSV was his way of saying that you should all focus on other things like the story modes of the latest Call of Duty.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Keep making FOB events for MGSV.

Naked snake can canoniclly lift and hold 100,000 tons

So maybe

I actually thought that snake would have a happy ending with Meryl and shit once, how depressing

>V shitter getting triggered
>V shitter thinking his opinion counts

Every time

I REALIZE

YOU WERE JUST LIKE EH REH

TRYING TO MAKE HISTOREEEH

That mission was awesome, but it would've been so much better with an HF sword. Also, it really bugged me that Raiden wore his visor the entire time.

BUT WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S IN CHARGE

It'd definitely make for a better Metal Gear game than that button masher dogshit we got.

Young Solid Snake in an exosuit with an HF sword, yeah. Otherwise, he'd get chopped up pretty fast.

He's not a fan of blades

I know. He'd probably try to sneak up on Monsoon and grope him.

HIGH FREQUENCY TRANQUILIZERS LAD

Definitely not Armstrong, that guy is insane. I can see them taking out the others though, but it'd be an insanely tough fight for each

I don't think you fully appreciate the level of plot armour solid snake has, him taking down a metal gear is already going into utterly ridiculous territory considering his relative power level

>Cred Forumsedditor thinking he gets to laugh at anyone
No one's opinion in here matters, the industry doesn't care about what Cred Forums thinks.
That's why Death Stranding is another open world game, and MG Survive is a thing.

But even the normies aren't buying MG Survive and people are relatively hyped for death stranding

Exactly, and i've seen people here actually defending MG Survive, and people who are desperate to see Death Stranding flop.

Anyone who is hyped for a major AAA release in 2016 at all is beyond saving unless they are under 16 years old

I swear it's almost as bad as MMO fans
>I KNOW I GOT BURNED THE LAST 15 TIMES, BUT THIS TIME

>ugh, games with a budget? they're so shallow and derivative, i like TRUE videogames

>Anyone who is hyped for a major AAA release in 2016 at all is beyond saving unless they are under 16 years old
different strokes user

With budget comes risk, and with risk comes homogenisation and mass market appeal

Games like that could be good when hardcore gamers were the primary demographics, but they are not anymore. You are trying to suggest I am overly jaded and cynical, but this is a fact. There is little to be found in AAA games for experienced gamers because they are not the target, and I don't think many people would seriously challenge that fact. Exceptions exist, like everything, but getting hyped in the hope for an exception is about as sensible as people who expect the new flavour of the month MMO to be the WoW-killer. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same people actually.

Not reading that shit but I just know you're a faggoty little wanker who sucks off indie games

And I know you're a retard with ADHD as expected :^)

Reduced you to a pathetic shitposter in seconds, jesus christ.
Get on that high horse of yours and ride off forever pleaase.

MGR isn't good or canon so it doesn't even matter

I'd imagine they'd be given the right tools to defeat such a enemy and the stages would be set to your (stealth) favor, hell every boss could be defeated by normal snake except Armstrong, especially the AI dog and the multi arm chick

>Snake beat Ninja archetypes multiple times who all had superhuman abilities

Those ninja's were a joke compared to Raiden and the Winds of Destruction, it's like comparing Captain America to the Quicksilver or the Hulk.

I played through Revengeance twice and had to google "Winds of Destruction".

I think they would have the tech to take them out, though. If the average level of soldier got boosted so much, the weapons would probably be boosted to match it. So the weapons and gadgets the Snakes would be using would probably be able to counter most threats.

>Keep making FOB events for MGSV.

They haven't come up with a new FOB event since they first came out with them. It's just the same 5 events rotated every 2 weeks without end.

>I'm a ADHD retard

Yes, and?

They're not that memorable outside of the memes MGR fans spam all the time.

Are you projecting or something? Jesus fucking christ.

>You

Big Boss can shoulder press Ray-sized mechs. I think he's fine.

But Titanfall and Dishonored....

The thing about metal gear is that the Snakes are all clearly superhuman to a massive degree, they are considered the greatest soldiers in the world for a reason.

In metal gear solid Snake is able to win a slugging match with grey fox, whose was in a exoskeleton, which we saw him cut down bullets and hold up metal gear rex's leg.

MGS3 the boss is capable of shooting down your own bullets and Big Boss surpassed her. The fear is also fast enough to run on water and big boss definitely surpassed him.

Peace Walker Big Boss can catch something as big and heavy as a tank from squashing him.

Old Snake from MGS4 is capable of defeating CQCing vamp pretty handedly. Vamp at this point was considered almost a equal to Exoskeleton Raiden in combat. Lets not forget that Old Snake can stand up and use a miniature railgun with no effort.

People bitch about the cutscenes from Twin Snakes but they are more faithful to Solids abilities then people give them credit.

As for defeating the winds of destruction, I'd say they could beat everyone up to sundowner pretty easily in their prime. Jetstream sam is unknown and they don't have a way other then the railgun to damage Armstrong.

Everything after 4 was set by the tone of 3 though

MGR 2 when?
I just want to feel the hot wind blowing

hey bro there's some nice AAA stuff this year.

Solid has slugged out with Grey Fox in a exoskeleton and cqc'd the fuck out of vamp.

Just because Big Boss beat someone who could run on water, doesn't mean he can also run on water

Running on water isn't all that important, the Boss is capable of shooting down bullets, I don't really have to explain why this shits all over cutting down bullets that Raiden, Jetstream Sam and Grey Fox all have done.

No.

>With budget comes risk, and with risk comes homogenisation and mass market appeal
>"NORMIES ARE PLAYING MUH VIDYURRRRR REEEEE"

Classic Snake or Big Boss? No. They'd get slaughtered. Twin Snakes Snake though, he's definitely a contender. He's fast, agile, powerful. He's much stronger than both Classic Snake and Big Boss combined. He was a machine.

/thread

Top post

To be fair though the first two metal gears he took down just stood there and he bombed the legs. Rex was a legitimate accomplishment though.

That webm is fucking retarded.

Do you have the one where he fucking kicks Metal Gear Rex?

Also of all the dumb shit the most insulting one is when he flips over the door to get to the other side.

That's because The Twin Snakes is Raiden in a VR simulation of Shadow Moses.

Big Boss can pretty much do anything.

Solid Snake isn't called "The Man Who Makes The Impossible, Possible" for no reason.

Almost all characters in Revengeance are far beyond any capabilities of the previous protagonists like Snake and Big Boss (and Venom), that's pretty much the whole point, everyone but Sam is non human at that point (though Sam does seem to have some enhancements to move and fight the way he does). So, no, they don't stand a chance.

The only cybernetic part of Sam is his arm and thats mostly because Armstrong destroyed it previous, otherwise he was mostly human.