How can 4 letters send so many people into a tantrum? Whatever happened to ignoring or just getting good and winning?

How can 4 letters send so many people into a tantrum? Whatever happened to ignoring or just getting good and winning?

"GG EZ is toxic"

gamers have always been pussies though

League bans people for even saying EZ nowadays, good luck finding something other than that.

It's bad manners. Bad manners has always been a big thing in video games that get you banned. No-one ever ignored it or "got good". These things have not changed at all in the last decade.

gg ez

Because it's normally the carried retard that says it. The faggot that contributed nothing to the game and his team still won.

Real players just say gg and that's it.

It's not the wording itself but who actually says it.

It's not rage inducing in and of itself, but the people who use it unironically are usually idiots, retards, or griefers, so when combined with their other behavior, it's met with the same derision.

Also, I hate how GG used to mean Good Game, but now means Git Gud.

I like "Maybe you need more practice :/" a lot more

>Bad manners has always been a big thing in video games that get you banned
name 35 video games from 2005 or earlier where this happened

Normies can't handle the bantz

:^)

Git Gud EZ doesn't sound right.

Literally any game that had online multiplayer with basic chatting.

I dunno, you fucking suck seems to work pretty good too

For glory and honor! Huzzah comrades!

what face do you make when you're surrounded by professional gamers

nice dodge. name them

The best is when it's a last second steal and you throw that out.

Cs1.6

trash talking was in every game, if you lost and people talked shit, you simply got better.

my older cousins used to beat me in basketball a lot when i was younger, just motivated me to get better and stomp them later on. too many quitters and weak people these days

>say something to specifically make someone upset
>they get upset
>wow what a crybaby
>people should get thicker skin
>why do people get upset by upsetting things
>wooooooooooooooooooow
>w-wait why am I banned?
>everyone is from reddit!

This reminds me of tumblr feminists.

The only people that get offended by GG EZ is people that actually do suck at the game so it hits to close to home when you type it.

t.someone that played lol for 6 years

>the literal poster child for servers run by screaming kids and bad behavior.
no. you still have 35 remaining

What are you talking about? Most gamers take pride in their ability to be humongous assholes.

You shouldn't be playing the game if you aren't already gud. There's a reason why uninstall.exe exist after all ;)

Literally the "u mad" of this generation. Snuffs out any response since they'll just parrot it again.

>Whatever happened to ignoring or just getting good and winning?

I wonder the same about "stick and stones", it's too late to fix the damage. We live in a 'if it offends me, it's bad' world now. Everyone is entitled to the same thing, there are no 'winners' anymore, just participants.

>the literal poster child for servers run by screaming kids and bad behavior
>doesn't count

Good job, fisherman.

how do you people get upset by this tho
It's like if everyday someone for no reason called you a nigger
Sure you'd be mad initially, but after a week or two you would be used to this random guy calling you a nigger

Because children learn they are very special while theyre not.

So when some user on some game says: "GG ez get rekt" they get butthurt about their feelings because: "mommy said I was special and the teacher in school doesnt even stand against me*"

*this is a whole nother problem about modern society

So when kids online think theyre doing well and they get rekt, they dont have anyone to run to and it gets really confronting.

Please dont raise your kids as pussys and let them know when theyre wrong so they can learn about their behaviour

you sound mad

sticks and stones my friend.

ignore the player and don't be such a bitch. trash talk is to get in someones head and put them on tilt. why do you think athletes do it.

When I was younger playing Broodwar people used to tell me to get Aids and shit like that, I always told them to fuck off because why give a shit about some random fuck online?

>mfw stomping random servers in Battlefield with my buddies and typing "gg ez" amongst a storm of hackusations from shitters on the enemy team

exactly

Jesus christ youre everything thats wrong that this thread has been about! So what someone says you suck? So what someone tries to upset you? Be the better man and mute those idiots, it's not that hard.

Even then, being upset about what some random faggot says to you it says more about you than about the random faggot. If youre upset its your own goddamn problem, no need to cry about it to some admins or whatever. If you get upset about what random people, who you dont even know and never will encounter again, say to you its your own fucking problem

Because RiotLyte decided players needed to be coddled and because League is the most played game a lot of dipshits brought that philosophy with them.

>"gg ez"
>mute and report don't think more about it
>the kid goes on Cred Forums to talk about how mad i am because he got banned or something

>how do you
We don't. Retards do.

That is quite butt-mad actually. You cared enough to ruin someone else's day over something totally meaningless.

i got chat silenced 3 times in OW for saying GG EZ

What the fuck even is toxic?

I guess saying GG EZ just pisses people off even more if they're already salty about losing

I find it retarded

If that guy hadn't typed gg ez he wouldn't have gotten reported and is day wouldn't have been ruined.

Who ever said I get upset?

Sticks and stones bro is right, but that doesn't make one any less of a faggot when they act like a dickhead. If someone acts like an ass while knowing full well they are being an ass, then they are a shitty human bean.

The kind of person who gets off on trying to upset people is not worth defending.

no I disagree, it's butt-mad because the person is talking about how much they dont care here, on fucking Cred Forums. reporting has nothing to do with it

>That image
>stomping

>What the fuck even is toxic
In the early days of League of Legends (when it was picking up in usage) it meant basically being a dick and intentionally feeding, intentionally playing poorly, calling teammates in chat a cunt, calling enemy team a cunt, etc.
As the years rolled by it collapsed into basically "anything that could be construed as negative in any light."
More or less, it's just pure actual vidya cancer.

>Most gamers take pride in their ability to be humongous assholes
Have you ever seen sports banter
like ever

That doesn't change the fact the user (probably you) above me claimed he wasn't mad despite going out of his way to hurt someone.
While that cements it, see above.

>What the fuck even is toxic?
It's a SJW term for not being SJW.

>play dota 2
>say ggez
>pissed off player on the enemy team says theyre reporting
>get nothing because dota only acts on actual abuses and if you make frivoulus reports it starts ignoring them
Feels good playing a game with a non retarded support team.

Trampling them all over and making them my bitches. That's how I roll.

>automated minigame support system is actually a good thing

Valvedrones not even once.

Its a term coined by passive agressive social science retards who believe negativity is the end of the world.

Because it's insulting to your pride, the person is stating that you were not a challenge and played horribly at the game. That's why people get so upset when people say "GG EZ" because it just means that you weren't a challenge, and they are better than you.

It's just another form of gloating, like "HAHA I'M BETTER THAN YOU, EAT SHIT!" people don't like when others gloat, especially in a multiplayer game. They know they beat you, and they got bragging rights. I think the people who really get offended by it are just very prideful and don't like it when others insult them, or tell them they are bad at something.

It's offensive to them.

Why is there even an open chat at all?
Is it ever necessary to say anything to the rival team aside from taunts?
I can understand it on MMOs where the PVP is open world, but why the hell is there an open chat on a team based game?

since the school children are taught that "everyone is a winner". on the internet they are not, thus the salty tears

>shit start, enemy team calls us ez, boring game, etc etc
>drag until their team gets outscaled, crush them repeatedly without ending
>"lol hard game"
best feeling in the world man

Saying something for the sake of polluting the community for everyone else. Pretty straight forward, actually.

Great game, excellent zeitgeist.

Honestly the only times it makes me even slightly mad is when it was a super close game that both teams struggled a lot with and one team manages to push through in the end and win by a very small margin and then the bottom fragger/worst player on the enemy team instantly types "gg ez".
It feels like poor sportsmanship that ruins the good spirit that a close game gives you.

It's something sore losers do.

Oh I get it now. The reason this idea pisses people off on Cred Forums is that here everyone is a loser.