This game didn't have the Zelda theme in it, which is kind of funny...

This game didn't have the Zelda theme in it, which is kind of funny, considering it's widely regarded as one of the best in the series.

Was Zelda 2 the only other game to not have the theme in it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RHS5jM6xBHo
youtube.com/watch?v=GSeLdQASixE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>it's widely regarded as one of the best in the series
That doesn't mean shit. You can only say a game is the best in the series if you've played all of them. And from the people who say this is the best, not even 10% has played the old ones.

played all
WW is best

Shit taste.

>WW is best

While that is true, there is a small bit of it in Hyrule Field's song.

please enlighten me..
what zelda is best zelda, then?

finally someone who gets it :)
good taste, user

There were bits of it here and there.

MM

LINK TO THE PAST
LINK TO THE PAST

or more generally, the best three zelda games are:
* the original LoZ
* OoT and
* Wind Waker
in no particular order

this faggot

It's a game with music as a central theme. Why would they rehash old stuff when it was a prime opportunity to make everything new?

OoT and TP. MM gets a special mention for being different AND fun at the same time.

LttP is the most overrated of all zelda games. it takes the original LoZ formula, adds some slightly prettier graphics but in exchange, takes away all the freedom of exploration and non-linearity
none of which is to say that it's a bad game, it's just far from the best in the series; personally, I rate even phantom hourglass higher than LttP, and of the ones I've completed only skyward sword and TP lower than it

>likes TP
>still dares to post in "favorite zelda games" threads anyway
well what's it like to have shit tier taste then

didn't it play during the credits or at least a version of it?

>LttP most overrated Zelda
Everybody praises Ocarina, it always comes first in every chart that includes n64 games or all times games.

I think they wanted to focus more on Zelda's Lullaby

At least TP has good dungeons. And more.

What the fuck is the Zelda theme?

are you retarded OP. These games largely have different soundtracks.

They managed to make an entire song out of the 7 note Flute tune from TLoZ and Mario 3. Did ya ever think about that?

First post and we've already completely missed the point of the thread. Cred Forums's hipster-ass knee-jerk reaction against Ocarina of Time is un-fucking-real.

>TP
Although I get why people masturbate to their memories with OoT, I think that game aged like milk.
But TP... holy shit, it's the most safe, by the numbers game in the series.

Literally made completely invalid by A Link Between Worlds

You might be genuinely retarded.

see pic

>personally, I rate even phantom hourglass higher than LttP
Shit. Opinion.

Is it wrong I want to see WW Link suck on that Chu-Chu's head?

Tried replaying OoT recently and legitamately enjoyed it for about an hour until I realized i still remembered everything and there was no sense of new exploration.

OoT's only flaw is that it came out 18 years ago. They did well with the graphics they could put out with the N64, the sound design is wonderful and the gameplay is solid and comfy.

I'd much rather play OoT on of and off for the next 4 years than BotW if BotW is anything like it's shitty demo.

I want to suck WW Link

And the blastback from all that praise caused people here (and egoraptor) to start puffing up LttP as if it was better
Same idea as all the "Chrono Cross is better than Chrono Trigger" that gets thrown around.

Your post would be an excellent banner.

No literally, you two are the retards. There is no "Zelda theme". The games have different soundtracks. Still fucking retarded by not even realizing the main theme of OoT literally comes from NES TLOZ.

Like fuck, eat a dick if you're gonna make a retarded claim that OoT doesn't have a song from the original or even the Snes game.

Literally, fucking retards eating dicks.

If you haven't played masterquest, there is a bit of that same feeling trying to solve the new puzzles in the temples, or at least I found there to be.

The b8 is strong with this one.

OoT is a special case though because it deserves the praise

Zelda threads are the absolute worst because of OoT bashing "aged like milk", blah blah blah shit every single time, then comes in the other people saying nintendrones and nintenbabies then people start arguements with one another. Like fucking clock work, like look at the fucking first post here.

Not like this thread had anything meaningful to discuss other than "this game doesn't have this theme".

Fucking Cred Forums man.

I've played all of them. They're all piss easy so you can't bother considering difficulty in the score imo.

Ocarina of Time is the best overall. It's solid in every aspect and is satisfying all the way through. Other games beat it in individual areas but it has the most enjoyable combination of elements.

Majora's Mask is second best. It has the best atmosphere and side quests. It's overrated in hipster circles, but only slightly. You're kidding yourself if you think it beats OoT on puzzles, characters, dungeons, and just the general sense of Zelda adventure, exploring, and good versus evil

Rest from best to worst
>Link's awakening
>Wind Waker
>Link to the Past
>Ages
>Seasons
>Minish Cap
>Legend of Zelda
>Adventure of Link
>Link Between Worlds
>Twilight Princess
>Spirit Tracks
>Skyward Sword
>Four Swords Adventures

I had more fun with FSA than skyward sword and twilight princess. At least FSA was mildly fun desptie being objectively shit, whereas I fucking HATED ss and tp outside of a few great moments

>just calling out the best
>not making a list

Step It up wankers.
AlttP>MM=OoT>WW>Awekening=Oracle games>TP>Zelda 2>Zelda 1.

They are all good games and I wouldn't tolerate a fag insulting them,except Zelda 1 for It's shitty aging,but some I like more then others.

the really baffling part was that the theme was in Majora's Mask, which had nothing to do with Hyrule.

I guess the field theme did change a lot between games though. Really, only zelda 1 and Link to the Past (and LBW by extension) have it as their field theme. Everything else has a custom field theme, but yeah the theme is used more as a "theme" rather than just bgm in later games. Also bit of trivia, the 3DS remake of Oot included an orchestrated track during the new credits that "finally" includes the main theme in it.

The problem with this game apart from the piss easy children's difficulty is that its rife with boring padding and bad stealth sections that kill it early on. The dungeons are great though.

the only common theme between every game is the file select theme.

OP was retarded from birth, it couldn't be helped that this thread was destined to be made by him.

zelda 1 and 2 don't have it tho?

>Everybody praises Ocarina
That's because Ocarina is the best.

It's not perfect but it's the only one that doesn't have anything seriously wrong with it, like TP's padding, WW's dungeon design, or SS's entirety.

I want to love more than 1 Zelda game, is that possible??

It has fragments of the main theme on Hyrule Field though.

Really, where in the world did the post OoT pacing issues come from
Who at Nintendo thought that the part everyone liked in open world games was waiting ten minutes to travel between places?
The Ocean and the Sky really fuck the pooch.

I don't disagree that the Ocean is padding, but I always thought there was a great sense of exploration to it, even if half the islands you couldn't even explore till late game since you didn't have all the items.

>This game didn't have the Zelda theme in it, which is kind of funny

People like you are why that stupid underground is in every fucking Mario game.

Dear god how I hate that song.

The freedom of exploration is overrated in the first game. In fact, it's pretty fucking gay. It's way more interesting looking forward to getting to a new area you couldn't before.

I don't understand why it's automatically good that a game is completely open. Metroid is fun purely because of that and 3D Grand Theft Auto was more interesting when the bridges were closed off at first, peering across the river at a place you couldn't go yet and wondering what lies over yonder *tips fedora*

>Plays Mario games
>Doesn't like a stage that comes in every game
Holy shit, b8 is strong tonight.

I got the whole map filled out my first playthrough, and I totally feel where you are coming from. They needed to make the islands 50% closer and have more things like the boat racing game and leaf flight game and less x eye reef type nothing islands
It would help if they had something to give you more interesting than heart pieces, too. Throw in a magic armor or shield sidequest that you need to piece together to give a more physical reward.

Completed WW at least 5 times. Never once did I want to collect all the items or finish the map unlike other Zelda games. Its too damn big and not interesting to explore it all.

Is zelda 1 *completely* open? I know you can walk through like half of the map even without the sword (as long as you don't die) but isn't the left side generally blocked off until you get the raft or something?

Yeah pretty much. I think you needed the ladder too to get up hills but I'm probably remembering wrong.

That's pretty retarded of you and not nintendo's fault that /you/ decided not to explore.

The only retarded and tediously unrewarding part of WW was the silly statue collection thing.

Not finishing the map is your own prerogative duderino.

that's what the guy is saying. If the islands were closer and there were more interesting things to collect, then you might actually want to collect all the items/fill the map then.

As for me, again I got a general sense of exploration which I thought was great, mainly seeing a shadowy island in the distance and seeing it really come into view as you got closer. Unfortunately the game wasn't able to fulfill expectations with the exploration. The sense was better than what you actually got, I think.

Actually, for anyone who played WWHD, how do you guys feel about the quick sail?

Sailing is the comfiest part of WW

I didn't like having to constantly feed that fish bait and watching him draw on my map

>comfyfags are the ones defending WW

Makes perfect sense actually.

exactly, they didn't force the game into some nonlinear open world scheme with no progression. there's a very clear progression to it, with the dungeons numbered in inreasing order of difficulty and some dependencies between them. they just didn't autistically shoehorn in dependencies and roadblocks in between EVERY pair of levels to artificially prevent you from sequence breaking. if you wanted to do level 3 before level 1, you were free to do so.

>legitimately enjoyed it for about an hour until I realized i still remembered everything and there was no sense of new exploration.

This is actually one of the bigger reasons why proper difficulty settings would improve it. If it was actually hard then you could find things to master in it and it would have better replay value.

well ... yes
say what else you will about the game, but WW is definitely the comfiest of all zelda games

This pretty much. Zelda 1 has the best overall balance between openness and progression. Stuff is locked (specifically, there are sidequests that also can't be done until certain points), but not any more then ncessary.

>OoT is too easy, so don't pick up any heart pieces
>OoT is too easy, so break the biggoron sword and use that
>OoT is too easy, so wear the iron boots as much as possible

It's still surprisingly possible too

No actually its one of the reasons why we should have got a brand new Zelda game using OoT3D assets instead of an MM3D remake - in the very least a brand new Zelda game using the OoT3D engine.

I play Zelda for comfy. Zelda isn't about being an autistic devil may cry knockoff with painful button mashing combat. I expect 3-5 hits max to kill most enemies, with simple enemies being 1-2.

That being said there was some stupid shit in OoT like being able to block Ganon's swords with your shield. That needlessly reduced the difficulty considering it was literally the final big bad boss.

The game has tons of replay value. I've just replayed it countless times over the past 18 years, so the actual gameplay part just becomes "okay i'm done here, so now i go there" straight-forward stuff.

oot is baby retard zelda compared to the first 2.

swap MM and TP. MM is the edgelords requiem. TP was muh casuals game and furry appeal.

We need difficulties like Master Quest. Where they actually change the level design and treasure locations. So you're actually discovering new shit.

yeah it'd be nice if they didnt fuck it up by mirroring everything too.

I played Master Quest on the gamecube when it was included on the special edition disc for the Wind Waker demo. Playing it on the 3DS was a fucking headache for their needless reversal of everything.

>furry appeal
Why the fuck would you promote the worst parts of TP
>MM Is edgy
No shit,It was meant to be edgy,edgy dosen't always mean bad.

Except MM is so edgy it's hard to take seriously.

>Was Zelda 2 the only other game to not have the theme in it?

Are you retarded?
youtube.com/watch?v=RHS5jM6xBHo

Well,It's grim and dark,If the plot Is too much of that for you,then It's your take on It and I can't do much.

Do keep In mind that Legend of zelda was a very edgy serie from the beggining,you can think of link's fucked childhood,the doomed flute player and Link's dying uncle. I guess playing the LoZs around MM conditioned me to enjoy It.

more likely he just never played the game
(no one ever played that game)

I played that one. That's why I'm the only one that knows it's the best in the series.

What about Ocarina of Time on Unreal Engine 4?

youtube.com/watch?v=GSeLdQASixE

>Was Zelda 2 the only other game to not have the theme in it?
Zelda II's overworld theme.

T H I S
H
I
S

I dont believe you

My two favorites are MM and Oracle of Seasons

>Based GBC Zeldas

well, original LoZ had that :^)

Zelda theme usually played at hyrule field and the Opening. I really really didnt missed the song at all in Ocarina. But was good to listen to it in Majora's Mask Termina field.

Yes, Oracle are two games.

What, you only want fluffy clouds and caricatured villains in every Zelda? Not for me, thanks.

OoT and MM are the only right answers.

That wasn't the Zelda theme.

That's not the fucking Zelda theme, you pleb.

A few notes. Not enough, I think, to qualify as the theme.

OP here. I forgot that Cred Forums is now primarily comprised of people who are so young they didn't live through the golden age of Zelda.

I was mad at OoT for not using the Zelda theme as a kid, but now I realize that creating new and different music is an important part of the series. Now it's such a shame that Majora fell back on using the generic Zelda theme instead of doing something original, considering what a different kind of game it was.

Played all but Crossbow Training and Spirit Tracks
WW is best