Died AGAIN

>died AGAIN

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

harmonixmusic.com/blog/synchronous-online-multiplayer-coming-to-rock-band-4-for-holiday-2016/
youtube.com/watch?v=WLrJ3PudBQg
youtube.com/watch?v=urXyVFwROaQ
amazon.com/Planet-Waves-Female-Stereo-Coupler/dp/B0002E52S4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1474089428&sr=8-5&keywords=planet waves
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>GH Live
You were pretty much just renting songs you already paid for.
>RB4
Downgrade from 3 in nearly every way.

the concept was always retarded

Just play a real instrument in a real band

How was Rock Band a downgrade? Never played it but considered buying it a few times. Could you elaborate please?

GH attempted a reboot and failed, not much to comment on there.
RB4 is slowly adding all of RB3's features back, but what really "went wrong" is that the fad is just over.

Guitar hero was shit after 3
Rock band 4 is decent but as said no one really gives a shit about this games anymore

>playing this junk when Taiko, Beatmania, and so on exist

-online multiplayer missing at launch, promised to be implemented later
-ridiculous input lag compared to older games and the calibrator was shit
-crap on-disc setlist
-multiple annoying hoops to jump through to get your old DLC
-guitars are still lower quality than GH's

>can learn an actual skill while having fun

overstaturation + rocksmith killed this series

No online, no training, no pro instruments (save for the drums), no keyboard etc.

When it launched it was just really barebones, it felt like an early access game. No practice mode, no online multiplayer, no keyboard, not that much for character customization, etc.

It has practice mode now and online play is apparently coming in a few months, it also has an expansion pack coming

>GH
tried to reboot and completely change a formula only to compete with rock band
literally streamed music videos instead of having the standard band on a stage
oh if your connection is shit your video would cut out

>rb4
shipped bare bones
removed features to get it out the door and puts them in later
fucking guitar solo mini game instead of playing the actual song

mind you harmonix is going full time on releasing new features and dlc, while honoring I think all of previously bought dlc as long as it was on the same family of consoles and previous plastic instrument support

gh3 is best

>fucking guitar solo mini game instead of playing the actual song
You know you can turn that off, right?
I mean it should really default to off, but it is a setting

Harmonix cheaping out on development yet still charging a premium for it. Removing Practice Mode and online was inexcusable, not to mention the shithouse DLC we've gotten for it and now they have the gall to charge for online play after charging consumers out the arse for it about a year ago for an unfinished game.

Activision having a completely different controller for no discernable reason and running it like a karaoke where you don't actually get to keep the DLC because (and I shit you not one of the devs said this) of the "disposable nature of the market today". I have never seen more disgusting reasoning for anything and they both deserve to burn after those abortions.

my african american

They're locking online play behind that expansion pack actually the fucking Jews.

the person who thought that was a good idea needs to get shot anyway

No they're not, they just have this crew system bullshit as part of the expansion. The regular multiplayer is free from an update

The fucking cables break easily but this is seriously the future of learning guitar
>cheap compared to classes
>learn small tunes to full songs in months
>virtually every electric guitar works
The only issue is the tuner cable is expensive and breaks easily even with care

>incapable of teaching you proper form and correcting bad habits
>the future of learning guitar
ok

stuff like rocksmith is a great tool to use alongside actual lessons but it really can't replace an actual teacher

Takes everyone no longer than a few minutes to look up proper form

So pretty much yeah it can replace teachers unless you are looking to actually get a career through guitar playing like musician or sound design etc

No it is locked behind it.
harmonixmusic.com/blog/synchronous-online-multiplayer-coming-to-rock-band-4-for-holiday-2016/

Guitar Hero changed too much, and Rock Band changed nothing.

>It can replace teachers
>So long as you aren't willing to do anything professional or be any good
Kek.

Well god fucking dammit I don't know what gave me that idea

>Takes everyone no longer than a few minutes to look up proper form
That's really not how it works.
There are so many subtle intricacies and potential bad habits that you need a human to notice.

Rock Band actively removed features. Rock Band 3 was the perfect game why did they have to fuck it up so much?

Hope?

>fps are retarded, just shoot a real gun in a real battle

shut up retard. let me guess, butthurt that you're a guitar teacher and will be replaced?

Lol did your shitty indie band get laughed off the stage at the local pub?

>being THIS butthurt that you were wrong and have no rebuttal
thanks for the show user

I liked Rock Band 2 better than 3.

Way better online. 3 didn't even have versus mode.

Oh YEAH forgot about that. That was disappointing.

Not even that guy

But my point still stands

You care much for a hobby that you want to pursue a career in then no shit you'll take classes both on and off campus classes

Otherwise no point spending the insane amount to learn how to hit ddudduddu in a week

honestly the only thing about RB4 that upsets me is that all my rock band network songs are never coming back, any delisted DLC isn't coming either (which sucks since some of my favorite songs are on that list) and my keyboard is now useless. Keep RB3 around just for those three reasons.

honestly I enjoy Blitz more than traditional rock band but they're all fun.

Fuck off mobileposter

It doesn't sound like you like Rock Band 4 at all.

>mad at facts
Whatever teach

How much do you charge to little kids to teach them the intro to iron man to look cool in the small guitar center corner

nah it's just that RB is one of those games I gotta be in the right mood for

I can't play stuff like The Impression That I Get or Light Up the Night or Somebody Told Me in RB3 after all

>tfw have been playing RB4 drums daily for weeks now

>not on PC.

I guess I'm lucky. I've never had problems with mine.

Rocksmith 2014 is a gem. I use it for bass actually. Theres an incredibly easy solution to the cord always breaking. Get a female to female connecter for the 2 cords so you never have to unplug the rocksmith cable. Its never broken on me.

Who RB3 here? I got a guitar from GH, pro drums, pro guitar (That Mustang with the buttons on the neck) Three mics for harmonies if needed and 200 spent on albums and track packs.
I can't use that since I moved because I still don't have enough room, but once I settle in, I'm calling my friends back and we're gonna blow it up

WAS GONNA ROCKBAND TONIGHT...but all my friends went to bed :(

Not him but I want to try this too. I bought a 1/4" coupler but I guess it was bad quality it keeps rotating and doesn't make great contact. Really want them to make a new game supporting keyboards and drums.

youtube.com/watch?v=WLrJ3PudBQg

youtube.com/watch?v=urXyVFwROaQ

nothing at all

I enjoy playing real music

Rock band 2 was pretty much the zenith of music games. Even better than rock band 3. Rock band 3 never really "felt right" and I couldn't adjust to the new fret bars and speed so I ended up not playing it as much and eventually quitting.

Also I still mourne the loss of my gh2 les paul to double strumming.

I used to be an expert guitar god. I miss those days sometimes that shit was so fun.

Definitely try it out man, its also compatible with the first rocksmiths DLC. I got alot better at my bass using this shit.

>I bought a 1/4" coupler but i guest it was bad quality
Get this one man it works wonders
amazon.com/Planet-Waves-Female-Stereo-Coupler/dp/B0002E52S4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1474089428&sr=8-5&keywords=planet waves

I work at a thrift store and for the past three fucking years we get at least three sets of guitar hero and rock band junk donated every single fucking day.

I love rhythm games, western and bemani, but it's gotten to that point where I just want to produce my own music.

/thread

>thinking your musical "talent" will amount to anything
Loling at your delusion mate. Get in a garage band and have fun, don't play thinking you're gonna be a big shot because the only way you'll make money is by getting change from passerbys on the sidewalk

does Cred Forums like anything but taiko and bemani?

miku

From my experience. I was a HUGE Rockband fan. almost every other weekend was a rockband night with friends from 2008-2012. Then, the DLC stopped. then i found out about custom imports (C3). so at that point, GREAT! Rockband lives forever!

Then RB4 comes out, new console, harder to import already owned DLC, no custom songs, instrument compatibility, etc.

It was a great run, but I'm barely in the mood for it anymore. It would have been much better if Harmonix just released some player cosmetic DLC for RB3 and called it a day.

Rock Band Rivals is coming out so I dunno if they will improve with Rivals.

>Raining Blood on expert harder to play than the actual fucking song on a real guitar

Wait, they already came out?

Was Rock Band any fun?

So starting with Rock Band 4 Harmonix pretty much went indie and didn't have the AAA budget that the previous Rock Band iterations had with EA and MTV publishing the games. Harmonix gets a publishing deal with Mad Catz along with them producing the instruments. The primary goal with Rock Band 4 was releasing a bare bones game due to their budget, but honoring fans previous purchases by allowing them to redownload their previously purchased DLC tracks and using the instruments that they already owned. The promise was that Rock Band 4 was going to be a platform and that their would be no Rock Band 5 etc on the PS4 and XB1. The plan is to continuously patch and update Rock Band 4 throughout the entirety of the consoles life. However pretty much everything backfired on Harmonix. The bundles with the new instruments were too expensive. You had to purchase a special adapter for the Xbone to use your old instruments. Not all previously purchased DLC is available and there is still ownership issues with certain songs that Harmonix bundled with the digital version. The features and content within the actual game was too barren for a $60 game. Not as many features, customization options, missing modes, no pro or keyboard tracks etc. Also the new instruments had many problems with them and were barely an upgrade to the Rock Band 3 instruments. Then the patches were very lackluster and now if you want any future updates and features you HAVE to purchase the new expansion called Rock Band 4: Rivals.

>you can't even teach music for money anymore
>music completely dies as a marketable skill
And it also destroyed any incentive to use it.