This should be the next Soulsborne game but I don't think it will be

This should be the next Soulsborne game but I don't think it will be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0riOMm1tIWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God, I hope it will never be. This sci-fi fad is going too far.

sci fi souls would never look that clean

It'd be closer to dead space's aesthetic more than anything IMO

>This sci-fi fad is going too far.
You're acting like SciFi just became a fad. When it started 120 years ago. And hit its apex in the 1980s.

Why would people with that level of technology even use swords?

Hello person who posted in pirate souls thread

So basically mgr with actual parries?

If you have magic, it's a plausible scenario where swords are more effective in some cases. Otherwise, could be a thing where the character is HALO-tier enhanced and a gun is more hindrance than useful.

Sci Fi with swords and shit would be lame. Leave that kind of thing to Final Fantasy.

what about warhammer 40k family

Anything would seem lame if your comparison is Final Fantasy. Scifi could be fine with swords if done in a different way. Hell, that's basically what Star Wars is. And Star Wars is a perfect comparison of how scifi with swords can be both good and bad. The early movies did it well by having lightsabers just be a story-telling element and character builder. The prequels turned it to shit by making lightsaber fights into 20 minute Matrix battles.

Applying magic to guns is an option.

They nailed it with Bloodborne. I'm sure BB's high quality has more to do with Japan Studio also producing with FromSoft, because From is incapable of producing such glory by themselves. They have a lot of incompetence at the design level of mechanics and gameplay.

They're not gonna top BB for a while. BB does away with a LOT of dumb shit that's STILL present in the Souls games, and even exist in worse ways than before.

Actually thinking on it, how would you think a 'Gun Souls' would work? Assuming it's otherwise an fps shooter, the closest I can think of is Borderlands.

No, the next souls game should be in mesoamerica

Most creatures in gods in aztec and mayan mythology are already more or less soul bosses

Then we should focus on hyping up Nioh

>Not best sci-fi gun
Depends how magic and technology function in-universe, too.

That was my first thought but it's more of a stand-in for a human spell caster than a weapon augmented by magic.

You may be right. Nioh already has a lot of stuff that blows Souls the fuck out. It's fun, and doesn't have cancerous PvP garbage in it.

It's fast, new, unique and quirky. They may become direct competitors and then finally, MAYBE Miyazaki will stop being so fucking lazy with these goddamn games.

Outlaw Star is so under appreciated in every way, though.

Armor gets hard enough to the point that bullets are mostly useless. Same reasoning MGR uses, I think.

I'd hope for more of a gigeresque aesthetic personally

But didn't Miyazaki say that he's through with Souls like games?

There's also the reasoning Dune uses, where personal force fields have replaced armor but they only reflect objects going over a certain speed like a non-newtonian fluid.

The caster was so awesome, it's a shame it was such a rarity, would ave been neat to have caster battles.

Also, before I got the whole series on disc I was always confused where Gene got all those shells at the end of the series.

>Take normal game
>Add glowy diagonal lines on everything and a metal sheen on monsters

WOW CYBERPUNK SO COOL

I thought the in-canon explanation was that they had to condense the spells into caster shells or something.
It really is. I've seen comparisons between it and Cowboy Bebop, but that's like comparing Deus Ex and GiTS. Completely different concepts with similar themes and settings.
In-canon, mana was a scarce resource that needed to be refined to make the spell shells. You're right that it would have been cool to see a fight between Gene and another caster-using character, though.
>The MacDougall plot will never be resolved
Always felt cheap the way it ended.

Outlaw star's art design is absolutely awful and the only good thing about it is the muscle catgirl that skinny dips in lava.

Yea, that would be pretty great. I'm a big fan of glowy diagonal lines.

Which is fine and all but something tells me you're the kind of people who looks down on cogs.

Fuck off with your shit taste.

Fantasy worlds are a dime a dozen, I'd kill for a good new sci-fi universe.

>cogs

Nah, I don't mind either way. I'm just a sucker for pretty lights and shiny things. I would love a game like Bloodborne with a sci-fi setting.

>take normal game
>put fucking gears and steam bellows on everything

WOW STEAMPUNK IS SO COOL

That's how dumb you sound.

That was exactly the point. You cracked the code, user.

It's a shitty picture.

>it's a shitty picture
Not really.
It got the style and feeling it was going for - bloodborne in a futuristic setting.

I find people who criticize drawings and paintings and shit are people who also don't have a visually creative bone in their body.

>"You know, we actually released a Dreamcast game pretty similar to that concept, named Frame Gride," Miyazaki told Vice. "It's a mix of fantasy and mecha genres, both of which I love working on. I'd love to work on a game that evokes the same themes as anime series like Aura Battler Dunbine and The Vision of Escaflowne, but it would be incredibly difficult to do so. I want to work on a game like that, but other people at From Software would think that would be an impossible idea."
What if we took the giant robots and the fantasy and then we made one game out of them?

>It got the style and feeling it was going for -

Yes, a normal game with diagonal glowy lines.
You could have added gears and pipes and it would be the same kind of bad.

>I find people who criticize drawings and paintings and shit are people who also don't have a visually creative bone in their body.
Sorry user but "you can't do better" has never been a valid counterargument.

HF blades, son

Since most mecha are just used as '50 foot tall people', I don't see how it would be hard to make a game out of it. If anything, it would be easier to make a game out of it because you don't have to worry about level design and realism. You're in a 50 foot giant robot. So you either fight in big open spaces or you destroy all buildings/people around you.

It only becomes hard if you want the mecha to have a solid story and character connection. Which very few shows like Eva ever try to do. But if they're just mindless robot suits, then its just like making a Godzilla game.

But it already exists.

youtube.com/watch?v=0riOMm1tIWw

I don't really like that artstyle, but yeah a sci-fi themed Souls game would be great

there might be pvp in the full game though

Sorayama Gynoid boss battle please.

So you use a sword... even though bullets are stronger?

I know that deep inside me, I legitimately want this.

>bullets are stronger
do you even fold?

i've always felt something was missing from lords of the fallen and surge. Im not sure what though

_Fun_?

Because it looks cool.

A Game like this would really only work if you have both human sized souls-like combat with the giant robots placed on top, and you'd need sections where you have to get out and fight things on foot, say if you have to enter a castle or cave or something.

You need that contrast in size and strength to really sell how powerful the mechs are if you don't have that the mechs are just a rubber costume on a miniature set fighting other dudes in a rubber costume.

They did. It was called Xenogears, and it's the worst-written AAA RPG I've ever fucking played. Yes, that includes Dragon Age: Inquisition.

?

Conceptualize a universe where conventional small arms technology can't keep up with advancements in body armor, meaning more exotic man portable tools that can cut through/bash the armor have to be employed in combat.
Now imagine these man portable tools for cutting/bashing the armor are swords which have an edge which, powered by a battery within the sword which couldn't be fitted into any regular sized bullet, gains properties which allow it to slice through this armor like it's butter.

>inb4 that's retarded
that's fiction

Too bad they did the robot half like shit.

Taking fantasy and slapping neon lights over the armor is fucking retarded.

More than one fucking enemy type and boss? It might be a creative world, but if Surge is anything like LotF then it's going to play like watching paint dry

A: guns are mad gay. B: ranged combat will never be as satisfying as good melee combat, ever.

Another reason that came up in Outlaw Star is that guns are crazy dangerous to use in places like space stations, where any bullet could break a window into space or damage life support lines.

I think it was a similar reason with Alien Isolation but all guns were only supplied with 'soft' anti-personal ammo. Hence why revolvers and shotguns only bled the Alien a little and didn't blow a Joe's head clean off.

Quick Cred Forums! Using previous titles to form one, Fromsoft has asked you to come up with a title for their new soulsborne IP synopsis optional I'll start
>Dark Armored
A new chosen undead has been given the gift to operate a mech in a land where someone with that power/knowledge has never been seen