Shitty inaccurate memes aside, who here really enjoys playing healer or support roles? Why do you like it?

Shitty inaccurate memes aside, who here really enjoys playing healer or support roles? Why do you like it?

Personally, I enjoy it because I like helping others do their best or stay alive to keep pushing through a tough situation. Also because support can be a very important role and someone else would probably just fuck it up.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervigilance
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like playing support because it is one of the few classes that enforces teamwork.

I like winning, so I enjoy playing anything that best helps the team win, even if we loose.

cant you say the same thing about tanks

if the tank dies its literally over

>if the tank dies its literally over
if the tank dies it's the healer's fault

I like playing it as long as it's actually viable.
I hate support classes that need to be right up next to guy you want to heal's face.
Healing only is also very boring.

I feel like too many games get mages wrong by making them extremely frail and do fuck-all damage too.

I play tanks, and I play them well. I'm not some beta healslut faggot like most of the retards on Cred Forums.

I bet you guys play female characters too, lol.

I loved playing the medic in TF2 because the load out I had was great for both healing and attacking others.
>Crossbow lets me heal allies that are too far away or lone wolfing, and the greater distance means greater healing; I was really good with leading my shots so I could heal a stray ally or fend off an enemy that was chasing me
>Medigun for standard healing and uber
>Amputator taunt lets me heal the entire team, useful for healing on points or if no enemies are around and everyone needs healing quickly; plus it always felt like it had a higher crit chance than other weapons, so it was good in close range encounters
>Allowed me to play both a standard and adaptable medic for any situation as well as a battle medic on the fly
One of the best times I've ever had playing a healer class. Shame that TF2 is pretty burned out now, the medic class was a lot of fun to play.
In other games I like playing healers if it's something that has a lot of buffs as well to help keep me busy between keeping team members alive. It's also fun to pocket-heal or be the person that keeps the team together until victory.

- Most people dont like to play healer so you are always a valuable addition
- It's an interesting alternative to combat when you also have to manage buffs, debuffs and status ailments
>memes aside
>posts memes

I didn't say tanks aren't important, sometimes I play one, but it's different from being a healer.

HEALSLUT THREAD

WW@

>I play tanks, and I play them well
Must be a real high skill ceiling to hitting the boss to generate threat.

I only like to play healers for the satisfaction of killing other players as one of the weaker combat classes in the game.

I always tank or play support/healing.

For tanks, it feels good to be practically immortal while my party does their best to keep me alive. I am the sole thing keeping everybody alive, and I am the only one powerful enough to handle the brunt of damage without dying.

For support, it feels good to help other people, and I don't need to be in the spotlight to feel like I did a good job. Any game where you can give meaningful buffs is amazing because it feels like the game isn't just balanced around who does the most damage.

I like it because when it really comes down to it, your group's success depends on you the most.

>play tank
>properly geared
>know mechanics
>hold threat perfectly
>you die
>healer tries to shift the blame on you for being under geared

This will never not bug me.

I like it because there's always something to do as people will always take damage. The gameplay is also more about preparation and priority, which is something different.

Is there a game where healer is not just a weakshit

one I remember is Killing Floor, medic guns may be shit, but medic armor made up for it. You can tank FPs and SCs if done right. Hell, it was a good perk for soloing maps too.

>be new to mmos
>several people tell me I'm an amazing healer
>commonly hear comments from guildies about how I've impressed them by constantly bringing them back from the brink of death.
>don't think I'm actually anything special
All the compliments were nice though.

I seem to recall medics in W* webstepping people to death in PvP.

-nobody else wants to play it but there is a need for it, then ill take one for the team and an easyer time for everyone
-others try to take that role half assed, everyone have a bad time, gets super salt and butthurt
-dps is just hit untile it die (some take this all the way and dont move from shit on the ground). tank have to adjust and keep alert. healer needs to calculate what spell to use while consurving mana, even think about sacing a dps to prio tank and rest of the group
i find healer the most stressful to play,

Medic / SS master race, getting those head shots and free armor was gold. Keep the team alive so they'll be more bullets around to kill things with, the math is simple.

TF2

It's ironically my only medium for emulating Necromancy.

>the crit rate of bonesaws

It was ridiculous

Medic is just a class name. A medic in dps spec can deal damage but so can esper and spellslinger, the other healers in the game.

All the Battlefield games
TF2
Rainbow Six: Siege

Healing classes are always great in FPS, and it's shame that everyone associates the term "healer" with MMOs and their shitty rock-paper-scissors class system.

>mmo
>rock-paper-scissors class system
uh.. what?

I don't really enjoy it because I hate having to rely on other people. Healer places you in a passive role where you can actively watch people fucking up. Ubering someone and then watching them do nothing was a miserable experience back in the day.

It's like rock-paper-scissors for people with three hands.

>play healer
>tank have high gear
>takes a shitton of dmg on one group and you cant even keep up when your spamming just him
>"maybe your just bad healer"
>tells dps friend to go tank
>"but i just have low gear user"
>tells him its fine and he swaps
>pass the dungeon without any problem, even pulls more then group most of the time
HP

I like playing a support role like debuffer/buffer/protector but being the guy that plays health bar whack a mole is gay as hell.

Unfortunately most games combine the two roles now so it depends on the game if I like the role or not.

I played WoW back in 2006 before BC. I played a hunter. No one ever wanted a hunter for shit and when they did there was 50 others who could do what I do probably better. Back then 40-man raid guilds, at least mine did, would only have like 3 slots for hunters and those filled up quick. Even when I did get in, I just felt like I could stand there and afk autoshot and it wouldn't make a difference. So when BC rolled around, I made a priest so I could actually play and maybe make a difference and I found I had fun with it.

This was back when servers had identities and everyone knew each other. I got so many invites and later guild/raid invites just because people knew me from healing their dungeons. It was nice. Don't have that sense of community anymore.

I love non-heal based supports. Anything that does serious buffs/debuffs makes me rock hard. They're so rare to find though. Sniper grandma from Overwatch is close, but healing is just so important in that game.

Are you referring to the tank healer dps trinity? because that's not at all similar to rock paper scissors.

I play tanks because it's fun and you get to be a big guy (4U). Games where tanks manage threat (WoW) are less fun as opposed to doing sick AoE/stuns/shields instead.

Dont like healing but I love support, I love the feeling of making the entire team stronger instead of just working as an individual. I liked Neverwinters Paladin class because of this, alot of passives where if people were standing close to you they got ability cooldowns and damage buffs as well as defense buffs if they attacked the same target you did, and whenever I wasnt playing one the difference was immediate, sure you were doing more damage as a DPS focused class but there were much more fuck ups and could feel you arent as efficient because of the skill cooldowns.

>go from healing 5 man groups to 20 man raids
>thought that if even 1 person died, I had failed in my duties as a healer
>quickly learn that I'm not there to save everybody, I'm there to manage losses at an acceptable level and keep the important people alive
On that day, I lost my innocence as a healer.

Little out of topic but are there decent MMORPGs that are not DnD inspired or Tolkien-ish?

I remember Hellgate: London, SWTOR and Matrix online, but look how that turned out

>have now reached a point where I just let shitters die if they're failing mechanics and then spam /laugh on them
Truly I have ascended to peak healer.

TERA if you like little girls and the best combat but shit content pacing due to the foreign jew

Healers who refuse to deeps in FF14 dungeons are annoying. They can make it go so much faster.

>Playing healer
>Tank tries to pull one group
>Pulls three
>Everyone is resigned to wipe
>Not today motherfucker
>Perform some miracle of crowd control, kiting, damage, healing, and tanking all at the same time
>Blow every cooldown
>Entire group is alive with a sliver of health at the end, with my mana having been gone for a good 30 seconds prior
>Hands are shaking

>Tank pulls one group
>Press 2 buttons for a minutes
>That's it
>Next group

Healers are only fun when everything goes to shit. That craziness where everything is off of every kind of chain, people are running around, mobs are chasing you, and when it comes down to it, you're the one that makes or breaks it for 5-10 people is what I fucking lived for, back when I played MMOs.
Now, it's just too simplified. I need a game where I can let my inner miracle worker out.

Any suggestions?

any mmo where the pure support class is expected to dps is shit. that tells me there are instances in fights where no one is in any danger.

>not having the hunter or warlock start kiting
>not having a dps warrior or paladin swaping to shield or straight dps tank it
all those good times
>tfw all dps dies at the start of the boss and healer and tank two-man it

because i have some kind of autism and i have to have balance in my team. so i always end up going support because other people aren't doing it, but I'll play anything

Always thought that whole healer guardian thing was cool and showing up at the last second to save someone feels good.

Latching onto people and healing them constantly is boring as fuck though.

I can't think of a single mmo where the healer is spamming heals off of cooldown in shitty random dungeons.

I recall a time in WoW where healers would toss out HoTs and then minimize.

Unless you're overgeared for the content, there should not be lulls where people just don't need healing. At least the tank should be needing heals.

>Tank pulls one group
if the healer isent casting a heal at all times the tank is a slowpoke and should pickup the pace

>Letting people die
Youngling, lemme tell you, they aren't dying because you let them die.
They're dying because they wanted to die, or they'd have moved out of the giant glowing circle.

The bad melee DPS will stand in every cleave, and the bad ranged DPS stand in the fire. When they die, the raid isn't losing anything.
Its average intelligence just goes up.

If you're talking raids then sure, but in every mmo I've played random dungeons don't require nearly that much healing.

Healslut is not a meme, but a real case. If you value your group appreciation more by directly healing them rather than contributing to monster killing, you are a desperate attentionwhore uncomfortable with facing direct challenges.

I know, that's the shift in thinking I was talking about. Instead of saving people from their own stupidity, I let them die because shifting my focus to them could cost the raid more than they're worth.

Find a tank with a similar mentality and play with them?

>Two-manning a boss while the DPS keep telling you to wipe in chat, it'll be faster
NIGGA, IT'D BE SLOWER! Your ass would just die again!

>Landing the killing blow as the sole surviving healer on the boss
Now THAT'S some hype.

>Play paladin/holy knight
>As a support role
>Team starts to die
>Take out your sword

Heh...guess like I'll have to finish this 8)

Wildstar dungeons are brutal if you're doing them with appropriate gear. Nowadays everyone is is in better gear but once in a while you get someone at level in the pug group.

Healing as a Shaman used to be
>macro 1 drops all my aoes and dots
>macro 2 drops basic heal for 20 seconds
>go grab a drink irl
>repeat

I don't heal because it makes my little sissy dick hard, I do it because if left up to people like you, you would just fuck it up.

>shit hits the fan and healer dies
>old time Nelf druid full HoT tank, goes invisible and normal rez healer
>those times dps shaman sees healer fall, CC´s as many as he can while healing tank
chaos in dungons are so much fun

>playing DPS
>faggot healers always take forever to heal me
Why is this allowed? Your whole point of existence is to heal people who are actually useful and you still fucking fail at it. Healers are fucking shit.

>Relying on three randoms from another server for anything
I need to find a ballin' Tank and 1-2 DPS so I at least have some guaranteed tricky shit, like no-notice crowd control, pulling aggro and switching to tanking, ect.
But if I get the best, we'd have to limit our gear to keep things challenging eventually. We'd keep getting stronk and need bigger, wackier challenges.

Good thing I'm a hardboiled tank and I'd rather rquit than take this subrole voluntarily.

>usually heal in raid
>get asked to go dps one night since we're low on people
>consistently out dps everyone
>tfw now everyone knows the person in the group with the biggest dps dick is one of the healer mains

>I'm a tank
lol that explains it. nvm.

>Taking damage as a DPS
You need to either:
A) Kill faster so it can't hit you
B) Interrupt abilities so it doesn't hit you
C) Stop standing in the fucking fire for five seconds jesus goddamn its a fucking glowing circle you retard
D) Use that first aid skill you should have
E) Pop an ability that heals you, because almost all DPS have at least one
F) Deal with it
G) All of the above

Be nicer and maybe I'll let you suck a few rejuvenating drops from my healing stick.

>hurrrdurrr
Or you know, healer can just do his sole fucking job and stop being completely useless.

>first thing when i log i having healers wanting me to tank for em
got to go fast yo, aint nobody got time for slacking

I like support because I feel selfless, like im giving myself to a greater cause. It's rare that anybody besides the carry gets recognition but when my adc or team compliments me it means the world
P

>Play the FFXIV demo as a healer
>Enjoy the fuck out of it
>Sub expensive as fuck
>mwf

It's more challenging to keep retards alive than to kill retards. I find that fun.

I'm also petty as fuck and enjoy watching people die who bitch me out.

>Healer can babysit you because you can't do anything for yourself
>Or they can heal the tank while the other DPS pick up your slack

I'm more of a dps kind of boy

Stop standing in the AOE's you fucking potato, you're wasting my mana.

You sound like a cuck.

what is a cuck?

I want a healer class where I siphon health from myself to other people, and the only direct healing I can do is to myself

The first MMORPG I played, you literally couldn't even get out of town without proper buffs and a support on your ass.
Mage classes especially, they needed a mana recharge support on them 24/7.

I learned to appreciate them through that game.

It makes me feel like the mother of the group and I have to keep my children alive.

God, there's one game that you DO do that and I can't fucking remember it.

>play Tera as mystic
>people dont want mystics or endgame dungeons/raids but a priest
>roll a priest
>people dont want a priest for endgame pvp but a mystic

>Tfw reddit has a subreddit for 'healsluts' and they play out this shitty healslut maymay non ironically

it's pure autism lads

>DPS stands in easy to avoid shit even when the Tank moved the boss
>start running out of mana to heal with
>let said DPS die to prio tank for the rest of the fight
>HEAL!!??!
altho i do occasionally like the runs when two high DPS have a DPS race and tank cant hold anything

fucking kill yourself nik no one thinks you're funny

only girls should be healers

healing is a girl's job

Girls are too self centered and emotional to play such an important role in a group

Yet they're too indecisive and sluggish to play anything else.

mystic is fun as fuck in Tera
teleporting around the battlefield healing everyone. dropping healing and mana orbs casting debuffs and curses
priest is boring as fuck though

they'd fit right in with the rest of the dumbass dps.

I like healing, when it has a good chance of granting me a win. If the team stands to gain more from my skill healing than my skill doing damage, I will do it. I don't think I'm particularly good at it, but if I'm replacing someone I know will fuck it up having to heal, I'm fine with it

Also this

I'm pretty hyper-vigilant so it plays to my strengths.

Is there anywhere I can enjoy this without having to spend 4 years of my life grinding?

>friend have his GF healing
>she heals for 5 minutes and after that just wands everything
>as tank starts to get to 10%-5% ill start offhealing as shaman while throwing some dps inbetween

Everyone knows healer is the best class out of the helper dps tank tic tac toe system

I'm a man so I don't play shitty mom healers like a bitch

I'll occasionally play tf2 medic when our teams is too incompetent

You kids should learn to play a game that takes skill you little faggots

>dropping healing and mana orbs
I do this with my mystic spamming Velikas freedom plaza with it inbetween dungeon queues while i wait

I tend to gravitate towards support and medic classes because I'm good at reading a situation and guessing what's going to happen next so I can plan ahead but I'm not skilled enough to actually do an enormous amount about it.
So I'm better in a role where I can mitigate any nastiness rather than fight it

I play healer or support because nobody will blame me if we lose.
It's also fun to keep the team alive in events where they would see fate.

>healers = helpful mom tier
>tank = manly dad that got your back tier
>dps = kid that thinks his hot shit

Bruiser master race

>hyper-vigilant
You wat mate? Is it some new gender internet wasn't inroduced to yet?

Someone explain to me why healsluts is a meme?
When I think of a slut I think of some broad who lays back and takes it, but the act of healing involves alot of effort and assertion.
If anything, the healer should be on top doing all the work.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervigilance
Think "head on a swivel" or being aware of your surroundings. It's not some made up Tumblr word.

I like the social aspect of MMOs and playing healer is a gauranteed slot.

I'm here to party, brother.

i do it because im lazy as shit and whilst DPS are being huge autists creating charts to plot out the the exact stopgap to stop adding haste gear and whist tanks are busy studying encounters so that nothing in the game is ever new or surprising to them, i just turn up and play the game.

Meant to to say shitty mmo but it autocorrected

Way to point out you're part of the problem though fag

Way to point out

>trusting women with anything above basic macro's

It's like you enjoy wiping, for maximum healing potential get a gay guy.

>TF2
>Skill

You guys are quite literally the laughing stock of all FPS games.

Really not cod? Hmm sounds like a legit opinion

Support is only ever fum in Dota and thats because you actually have things to do that aren't babysitting the core. Ganks, smoke warding, stacking and counter rotations. Also they usually have the abusive stuns and nukes.

Aye. I like it for the opposite reasons kinda. I'd probably fuck the objective up, but at least if I heal someone a bit, I can feel like I'm contributing.

I usually play healers/support in games. I prefer support but that role has pretty much been phased out of existence in modern MMOs, and healing's fine. I just like fixing everyone's mistakes. Healing has a low floor but in a lot of games it has a really high ceiling. A Scholar in FFXIV that is 100% on their shit can carry a LOT of groups through shit they have no business doing. I have a lot of fun when everyone is just massively fucking up and taking damage they shouldn't but you still manage to pull through and keep everyone alive anyway.

I like playing damage too, usually ranged/caster. I don't really like melee classes and don't have fun tanking at all. Maybe if a game had a caster-tank it'd be fun.

My girlfriend usually plays a tank and I play a healer so between the two of us we can and do carry a lot of shitty players.

Not the tank is just standing there. It's not always about threat. He could be a moron and not use his mitigation abilities, stand in the fire, pull too much trash, not give the healer time to drink, break cc, etc. All parties involved should at least try to know what to do.

What if I like to do all roles equally? What if I like healers that can also be frontline fighters?

I dont get this. Dont all the dps have a set max efficiency rotation? Unless they're blithering retards shouldnt the damage all be the same?

does ur gf have a cute feminine penis

Out of all the mmos I have played in my life, I think my favorite support/healer character was the Chanter of Aion.
>Active buff to give more HP/defense, attack and casting speed for the casters.
>Mantras which are passive buff and act like Wow's Paladin Aura and buff people attack, crit strike, attack speed and HP/MP regen to everyone around them
>Mitigation bubbles
>No strong healing burst or rather some but with high CDs but has the best HoTs to compensate
>Basically a melee class fighting with a 2h staff
>Almost all their normal combos put some kind of weakness on their target
>Also able to stun and stumble like no tomorrow

It was just so much fun.

I tend to gravitate towards support roles in general due to inaccurate reactions in general. I tend to do pretty well as a mission control type of person that barks out shitty orders like it actually means something as well.

If I play something that's not a support class, I typically tend to gravitate towards shit like the Soldier in TF2, for mobility and hit-and-run bullshit.

We were being ironic?.

I find support classes a little more interesting than standard classes. Their playstyles revolve around things other than shoot the gun/swing the sword, which is refreshing. Kantus in Gears 3 and Judgment's Beast and Overrun modes respectively was my jam. Screaming to keep my friends alive was tremendous fun.