Was there a better open world driving game than this gem?

Was there a better open world driving game than this gem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GPyr7Q3UEQc
club.ubisoft.com/en-en/ubi30
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is that TDU?

Forza Horzion 1 2 and 3 are amazing fama

Forza Horizon 3 >>>>> This

youtu.be/GPyr7Q3UEQc

Driver San Francisco was alright.

>Your itinerary is being recalculated.

that second song is vomit inducing

What is it?

No, there has never been one as good since. Horizon comes close but it just doesn't feel the same.

Yes.

Base game is currently free.

WHERE

>club.ubisoft.com/en-en/ubi30

Ubisoft is giving away a game for free each month for their anniversary year.

>inb4 >Uplay

>windows 7 and 64 bit
laddeh...

It's shit, I rather play last Driver game, shit was fun.

There is too much distracting flashy shit and godawful expendable plot. And driving model is much worse

What kind of toaster do you have?

TDU is one of my favourite games too bad TDU2 wasn't as good

>And driving model is much worse

You're saying that it's possible to have worse driving physics than fucking Test Drive Unlimited? Because TDU has the worst driving physics I've ever fucking seen in any fucking game ever released.

>tfw no other racing game with character creator
>the crew could have done it but they decided to do cop story with hipster hobo

The driving model has been updated and improved for a long time now, it definitely isn't worse than TDU anymore.

Who cares about the plot? These games are all about the freeroam and cruising with your friends.

Also, what distracting flashy shit?

Burnout Paradise is still the king.

Nah it aged like milk.

>le random wacky crash into shit so epic XD game

No.

>Crashing your car
Do you take corners by smashing into the sides, too?

only in gumtape deathmatches

It's burnout. If you're not smashing into shit, you're not playing the game properly.

>100s of hours just driving around comfy buying cars and houses

I had so much fun in this game.

Funny how BP is/was one of the best openworld racers and still couldn't beat Takedown in the sense of a Burnout game

Win xp with 2gb ram

Forza Horizon 2 is much, much better.

I wish I had an Xbox One just for that game.
Why can't they just port that to PC instead of FH3?

Because FH3 is even better

>tfw you got this for free with your graphics card
>only upgraded to play The Witcher 3
>TW3 became the free game literally two weeks later
>this is now free too

that image is a travesty to british comedy. posting that makes me physically sick. you should literally work for 29 hours, buy a cheap ticket to Hawaii, find a local tour guide, ask him to take you to Kilauea, climb to the top of Kilauea, peer into the molten abyss, and literally throw yourself inside it.

Maybe in gameplay, but not for location / comfyness.

Driving along the Mediterranean coast is elder god tier comfy.

Got the biggest laugh of the episode. Stop being autistic.

TDU was awesome. Still my fav open world racing game.

Studio split after though. Talent went to turn 10 and stuff, while the shitty devs stayed and pooped TDU2 and later on The Crew.

I hope Horizon 3 is a worthy successor.

Shit nigger.

Literally looks like real life except the water

Fuel.

I wonder if online isnt dead... Probably is, a shame.

It is dead. Because it uses GFWL. Which literally shut down. If you're talking about the console version then yeah I really doubt anyone is playing.

Fuel was shit.

>The Crew

Grind/P2W with timed events so you can't get every car in the game

Your taste is shit.
It was a comfy post apocalyptic racing game, a nice change from the usual settings.

>the crew
>ptw

U wot m8?

It's a MMO...
You know that right?

Yes, but how is it pay to win? You can speed it up buy spending real money, but getting money is so easy that I don't know who would even do that.

Need for Speed Most Wanted

TDU had the worst handling phyics ive ever played and not in a fun or whacky way like motorstorm

Havok was never meant to be good at vehicles

Didnt know the same devs did Turn 10 though

Which one?

TDU with g27 is really fun. It's not hardcore autism like other PC racers and you can easily tear around the track feeling like you're in a movie, palming the wheel and drifting around corners like a madman

Forzadrones, please leave.

Are you honestly suggesting TDU is better than Horizon?

nope

Yes, every other open world driving game.

TAKE ME DOWN TO THE PARADISE CITY

>Because TDU has the worst driving physics I've ever fucking seen in any fucking game ever released.
What if I said tdu2 ruined completly car physic? So imagine something worse,muuuuuuuuuch worse.

It has huge map, but it was extremely boring and repetitive

Tdu 2 seemd so off. So fucked in so many ways. It just disnt have the same appeal as it predecessor. I wish i could go back and play this game all over again. I never even finished exploring the whole island

>I wish i could go back and play this game all over again.

But you can?

>go into classic car dealer
>sit in one of their cars
>constantly open the doors and windows over and over
>blast the horn non stop
>rev the shit out of the engine for like 5 minutes
>no one in the dealership cares

refunded this

formatted my pc and came back to no cloud saves, no way was i starting over. It's not nearly fun enough.

WHERE ONLINE COSTS MONEY AND THE GAMES ARE SHITTY

OH SONY PLEASE TAKE ME HOOOMEEEE

AH YEAH A YEAHHHAAAA

!ONE MORE TIME!

I loved TDU.

I just downloaded The Crew™ which is fully* free from September 14 from Ubisoft™'s monthly giveaway program, Ubi30™ which celebrates 30 years of entertainment in the industry.

>*DLC not included
>*requires UPlay™
>*requires an internet connection to play

Do I get to keep the game dear ubi shill?

>is also shit

Yeah it's permanently free if you grab it during the month

My best friend has it, but with the DLC, and says it's alright with friends.
We'll play later today and tomorrow, but the free game doesn't have the DLC and my buddy says the DLC makes the game good, it's not just a few extra cars it really changes the game

I know that, I've played the game and the DLC, just don't own it. It's an okay game, but nowhere near Forza for example.
Better than the new NFS

So fucking hyped for horizon 3, on PC we didn't have arcade racing games this good since TDU1.

open world racing is shit

>it really changes the game

It really doesn't. It gives you access to a monthly tournament where you can win a new car that's exclusive to the tournament for 1 to 2 months.

All the normal gameplay updates the expansion added to the game were also applied for free to the base game.

YOU'RE SHIT, user.

you're shit.

No, i bought it at launch for the 360, and played all verisions. The PSP one is suprisingly good

My shit?

In this case, "you'e shit" is correct.

I'm looking forward to Horizon 3. It feels like a while since there's been a "fun" racing game.

Glad it's coming to PC. I hope it doesn't turn out shit.

What do you consider a "fun" racing game?

Is it weird that I don't have a license and no interest in cars, but still enjoy racing games a lot?

That was me from 8 to 24 years old
Then I got a license and a car

I don't drive fast, I follow the rules and go slowly and safely.

No, that's very normal.

well shit

It's not that i'm too young or anything, i could have had a dl as long as 12 years now where i live. I just don't care, don't want to spend the money and don't even like driving. And i always felt like people who marathon racing games are mostly car fans who watch formula 1, but i might be wrong.

Not necessarily. I'm a huge car nerd and spend a lot of time with my BMWs, but I can't sit down and play racing games for more than a hour or at best two in one sitting. I still enjoy racing games like Forza immensely and always bought the latest release and bought all the DLCs. Now waiting for Horizon 3 to release so I can drop 100 bucks on a god damn video game.

I had a neutral interest in cars when I was a child, but when I turned 22 I bought my first car that I used to learn how to drive.
I didn't get my license until I was 26 since I didn't need it in the city I moved to but got it since who knows when you have to move.

Not having to wait for a bus was so much worth it even if I have to endure the pain of having to service my own car be it change wheel bearings, spark plugs, oil change, filter, fuel filter etc.

But one thing is certain, it will be costly...
Fuel price here is $9/gallon and insurance is $700 a year and that's not including service and yearly inspections.

Is a wheel worth it? I have never gotten into racing games because I can never get my muscle memory to comport with driving with thumbsticks, or worse yet a keyboard.

If you like racing games and driving it's sure worth it.

Hyped as fuck for Horizon 3. Can't wait to run over Kangaroos and finally have a worthy TDU successor.

>play mad max game
>every car spins out or is sent flying if you so much as hit a pebble

this is what happens when you just slap havok onto a driving model with no tweaking whatsoever