Lets have a good old fashioned 4:32 am yakuza thread

lets have a good old fashioned 4:32 am yakuza thread

i'm playing through 3 myself and i'm enjoying the game a lot more than i did 2. the story is't quite as interesting or dramatic as 1 or 2 but i'm guessing that's because i haven't left the orphanage yet. i'm hoping i'll be able to clear this, dead souls, 4 and 5 in time for 0

Other urls found in this thread:

buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/emulators/playstation-2-bios-pack/
youtube.com/watch?v=TuqPiPdxslk
youtu.be/lR7OahhCVx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

get ready for the stories in the series to go downhill with retarded plot points

Has Kiryu gotten laid ever since he came out from prison?

Don't overdo it. Take a break after every game.

Are there any news about psp games translation patches?

oh i have been

i beat yakuza 2 like a month ago and my last savedata for 3 was from last month as well

i assumed he would fug the cabaret girls or did something with kaoru

4 was so fucking bad I didn't bother with 5.
Who the fuck asked for multiple characters? Completely fucked the sense of progression that the games had.

Yeah, you wouldn't like 5. Its pacing is pretty fucked up. Thankfully they learned their lesson.

Gameplay is better than 1 and 2. So are the boss fights. The only real problem is the pacing.

And just remember everyone, Yakuza 2 had KOREAN KATSUKI!

Every hostess girl is down to fuck whoever gets their hearts to max and finishes their sidemission

That means like 8 girls a game

I actually liked 5 better than 4. 4 might be my least favorite.

Id say play it, sajima is fun and only shinada sucks. Unless you hate idol shit.

>cabaret girl
There's a saying that one place that guarantee you're not getting laid is the strip club

There's a saying that noone would refuse banging Kiryu

>Unless you hate idol shit.
I still haven't picked up 5 because of this chapter. Loved Saejima's and Kiryu's gimmicks, but not Haruka's dancing. And I just can't skip shit in Yakuza games, so I have to do everything in every chapter.

Speaking of which, am I missing something? Those minigames in all the games are impossible with exception of Yakuza 4 pimp your cabaret girl minigame. The girls always ask whats her hobby is or some shit like that and without a guide it's impossible. IRL some losers might just sink a ton of money, but I just want 100% completion and its kind of a chore

The actual dance battles I find entertaning and harukas revelation is kinda funny. You also get to serve basic bitches.

Yeah it pretty much comes down to find a guide if you want to breeze through it as quick as possible, and remember to wear cologne and nice clothes. Just like every other affiinity-raising dialogue system in a video game it's just guesswork. It's not difficult, just time-consuming.

People complained when it was removed from 3 and I can see why people would be against less content for any reason but it's just so god damn boring and monotonous

Started the series with 4 the other day.
This shit is bananas.
Just got up the prison chapter.

First game has the information about the get girls scattered across the city, there is one host expert that knows everything about them, and you can get some expensive items with the keys.

>started the series with 4

If it's consolation I watched all the reminisce in the menu before I started a new game.
I bought it a few years ago when 4 was the only one you could readily get in Australia without spending a fortune.

If you like it - be sure to check out first 3. 1 and 2 are easily emulatable.

buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ Go here, take latest version of pcsx2, download these: theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/emulators/playstation-2-bios-pack/ and put them in your downloaded pcsx2 folder. These are system files from ps2, they are needed for emu to work. Download Yakuza iso (just google 'Yakuza iso' and it'll find you game on emuparadise or somewhere else).
Load up PCSX2, select plugins (default will do just fine), select Bios (look at game iso and choose EU or US depending on a game version, go with latest version of bios), then press Config and set-up your gamepad as you want and set up video plugin and "Emulation settings" based on these settings.
You can decrease resolution to 1x, 2x or 3x Native if it'll slow down. Also you can try to use frameskip if slowdown will be unbearable.

Why must be the End Boss THAT hard in every Game Q.Q
I can't even finish Yakuza 4. I am on the Roof with the Police Men and 40 Enemys at the same Time tries to finish me, I need 30 tries until I stopped playing. In 1-3 was it possible after I turned on "easy", but even that doesn't work.

4's final boss just takes a lot of patience, trust me I did it on Ex-Hard. Also if you have any equipment that helps shield against bullets then use them. Don't forget to bring tons of healing items.

Abuse Tanimura's parry, it really helps.

>DX9
isn't that picture deprecated at this point? the wiki pretty much just says to use opengl

DX9 doesn't render some bloom effects that appear broken if you use anything other than x1 resolution. If you play in native - openGL will do fine

>35 hours into 5
>only just entered Tsukimino
I miss Saejima's hair.

youtube.com/watch?v=TuqPiPdxslk

this theme is cutting me deep, kiryu about to earn that honorable death

>Akiyama's Coliseum in 5

Why is he so fucking weak?

i used your settings but this is what happened in yakuza 2

What the hell.

These games fucking suck.

Not as much as your mom.

This is a bug that doesn't appear on Yakuza 1.
There should an option on the hardware hacks setting on the videocard, about Half pixels or something.
Try to enable/disable it.
Which video plugin are you using?

That puts lines through the screen in a cross pattern and makes things look worse in general. gsdx with dx9. Different versions of gsdx do the same thing.

Yeah, I'm not sure. This is with OGL, but you can see the bloom issues I think during cutscenes? But they're there in DX9, too? Latest builds of PCSX2.

Also what I think is the bloom bug in OGL.

That said, doesn't this game do some kind of weird motion blur thing? I don't know. It's more obvious in other parts.

What is with the series and balls?
I don't think japs bang on about nuts that much but I might be wrong.

Another bloom issue I'm pretty sure, or maybe it's just the game's old DoF effects. Still in OGL.

i don't know. emulation isn't perfect so i'll just roll whatever. if i really wanted to that badly, i could just play on my ps2

It seems it got fixed, what did you do?

It pretty obvious on some parts but the ghosting (itt: the lights in the pics) definitely help to make it more easier to notice.
Try to disable the ghosting and you will probably be fine.
Also try using fxaa shader, while it doesnt remove ghosting, it makes it much less harmful to look at it.

>It seems it got fixed, what did you do?
That shot was OGL, not DX9. The previous one with the weird head was using the settings in that other user's post.

And, yeah, I got it with FXAA. It seems to help a little bit. DX9 with any settings seems to cause problems, and half-pixel makes there be big lines across the screen, so I'll just roll with OGL.

I don't keep track of changes on PCSX2, but could it be possible they changed something more recently to make not work as nicely?

I'm on a 1060 with latest drivers, so maybe that could be it, too.

That inisetting is probably a year older that the new OpenGL that they shit out.
While that image was out, the OpenGL plugin was good only for a very handful amount of games.

Yeah, I remember that. It was like suddenly OGL was good or something, and I couldn't understand why everyone was recommending it because I remembered it being fucking ass for everything I tried.

A while back when I thought about playing the series, I also remember those settings working, so maybe it's just something now.

Despite owning 1-5, I've still only beaten 1. I guess now is as good as any time to play 2.

A new developer joined the PCSX2 team and he completely rewrote the OpenGL plugin, which was untouched for almost a decade and now it's a pretty good plugin.

>You can decrease resolution to 1x, 2x or 3x Native if it'll slow down.

>the wiki pretty much just says to use opengl

user who got helped with settings yesterday and had to decrease resolution to 1x here. Tried opengl, now it works to 3x.

Where were you when in Yakuza 6 you will have to care for Haruka's child?

I am being serious, by the way.

time to become the best grandpa

I have 10 bucks down that it's not even her child.

I guess it's time to update settings. I remember there were some troubles with OGL back then.

DAME DAME

It's probably this guys half brother.

But it's not 4:32 am are you retarded.

You mean the series with such plot twists like rubber bullets and your dead adoptive father's brother being his twin and also a CIA agent that was thought to be him alive? That's ridiculous, user!

please no

I'm interested in this franchise, can I play them in any order ?

1/4

1-2-3-4-5-0-Kiwaki-6
Only correct way.
Release order.

play in release order

>can I play them in any order ?
it works better in order

Might as well go with 3-5 if you don't own a PS2 or capable PC to play the first two. The prequel to the series comes out in Feburary for PS4.

It's KiwaMi, user

2/4

ill kiwami your mother

3/4

Oh jeez

4/4

Well, anons?

youtu.be/lR7OahhCVx8

waiting to die because I'm too pussy to kill myself

128 days kyodais
HYPE

i want it so bad.

>yfw no kyodai

One day.

working for translating Yakuza games must be so fun
and they give you money

B-be my kyodai?

Sorry, but Akiyama is my kyodai.

O-oh...

I want to be as cool and smooth as Akiyama one day. I'll miss being able to play as him.

Yeah. Hostess are definately implied to be down for fucking and in Y5 he has that woman that lives with him, so i'm pretty sure they fuck at some point.

He only has one true waifu in his heart though ;)

>Kaoru will never appear again
>Kiryu will die alone

I'm gay for all Yakuza protags. Except Tanimura

They don't, Kiryu never making a move on her is addressed in the story.

Yeah but after the old Yakuza dude's mansion gets blown the old man forces a confession otta her and it would be ridiculous that Kiryu won't act on it when the old man literally says "I entrust her onto you".

>Heard a bunch of great things about the Yakuza series
>Want to try it out
>Don't own a PlayStation
>Try to emulate 1, only to find out I need a BIOS for the emulator or some shit
>After buying a bunch of consoles on impulse and not playing them as much, I'm afraid of buying even a used PS3

I know it's a long shot, but is there a possibility for Yakuza games to be ported to PC? I mean, Valkyria Chronicles did well.

At the very least, are there any other games similar to the Yakuza series? I mean, besides Shenmue.

>Try to emulate 1, only to find out I need a BIOS for the emulator or some shit
>I know it's a long shot, but is there a possibility for Yakuza games to be ported to PC? I mean, Valkyria Chronicles did well.
Who knows, it's SEGA we're talking about. Would be great if they'd make PS4 ports of all games from PS3, remake for 2 on PS4 and ported this whole package to PC.

Trying to get through Yakuza 1 for like the third time, first two attempts were foiled by a scratched disc and previously shittier emulation. It feels like work and it is killing me but I really want to get to the rest of the series.