twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd choose playing dark souls for the first time again over mass effect

>mfw replaying ME2 and realising what a let down it is

>one button doing everything
>removing everything rather than repairing it
>S.S daddy issues
>thermal fucking clips
>utterly ruining the aesthetic and musical themes

I'd choose doing heroin for the first time again. Goddamn what a feeling.

good. The game was always massively overrated.

>tfw I just finished it
>tfw that awesome closing
>tfw dat credit song youtube.com/watch?v=MqdvLrioNc0
>tfw Mass Effect 2 just finished downloading
>It's 4 AM
>Super tired, need to sleep ASAP
>Go to sleep super hyped

Holy shit never ever.

I just have a trilogy replay week every now and then desu

>user plays ME3 every now and then
>Not just playing its multiplayer

Why torture yourself like that?

When the time comes, remember that it's ok to be mad.

Ok.. Yeah that first play through all those years ago was great, it was a fantastic game. Just a game tho, lots of other good ones have come out since then

Same but it has to be when it was in it's prime or new. Experiencing it for the first time now isn't going to be as great.

Fuck ME series. It got shit after 1.

ME1 is a short, mediocre game.

2 is good overall, even if it does basically nothing for the overall plot. 3 is when it goes to shit.

I've never played it, I'd rather jerk it to anime girls.

youtube.com/watch?v=IitCQCaKi3E

>mfw

>Can't play it the way I did before because of ME3
>tfw none a' this matters

>even if it does basically nothing for the overall plot

That's exactly how I felt by the time I reached mid game. Lost all hype so I just played it to finish the business.

That's why 3 hit me so hard in the balls because It was so uninteresting that I just played it to see how the trilogy would finish.

When pic related appeared I literally, figuratively, metaphorically, and all words that end in ly, laughed out loud so hard that I damaged my throat.

Didn't realise they'd changed it.

When I saw pic related, I just stared at the screen for a few minutes.

You're right, I posted the Extended Cut one, which is actually better.

The original one was just outrageous.

Now compare it to the ME2 and 3 title themes

I can still remember the ME2 one, it was part of the Suicide Mission theme, which also happened to be the only decent track in the game.

ME3 is lost to me.

Fuck you man. I wasn't ready for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=6atJNCv-Jx4

Not so good but It definitively has charm. It gives you that feeling that everything is fucked but there is a bit of hope.

I replayed it last week. Let's be honest here, it wasn't THAT good.
Most missions are really same-y.
>Arrive
>Talk to a few people
>Drive a bit in the Mako
>Shoot some nerds who can't even move because double singularity and Nemesis Lift Mastery

And don't get me started on the random planets.

>install ME1
>hear this
>cry
youtube.com/watch?v=hV1pPgpcAVw

To be honest the first time I played Mass Effect way back I got to the end of the starting planet and didn't get back to the game for a long time. Just didn't feel like something I'd like. Later I've played it through maybe 3 times.

>you will never stare at the galaxy map for the first time again while uncharted worlds plays in the background, wondering what the milky way has in store for you next, what strange planets you'll explore and what people you'll meet

Once you already experience the atmosphere, it loses effect. This is why OP probably made the thread, the flaws in the game become more apparent because the setting of the game covers up a lot of it.

Hopefully, ME:A will give the same vibe, except dosed in SJW and homosexual pandering.

Why did they mess 3 up so much when 2 was an improvement over 1 in almost every way?

But all the random planets were exactly the same

>when 2 was an improvement over 1 in almost every way?
b8

It is way overrated. Dragon Age Origins is a much better game.

My only actual problem with the game was that after a while the visuals are just boring. I replayed it several times and still enjoyed it overall, the visuals just get stale for me is my only problem.

Fuck you OP. Now I'm sad.

>Dragon Age Origins
I tried playing that game recently, and it's the most painfully generic RPG I've ever playing holy shit, boring as fuck.

>Terrible pacing.
>Removal of RPG elements.
>By the numbers weapons.
>Help with daddy issues crew.
>Assuming direct control shit instead of the menacing Reapers in 1.
>Shitty animations and catchphrases like him beating his fist into the palm or I'm commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." coming from every single store in there... would it kill them to do something about the straight up obvious lying?
>Fetishization of Asari.
>Flash game tier resource mining.

The original was a work of love, even if it had its numerous flaws.
ME2 was made to cash in on the popularity and ME3 was basically the equivalent of Bayformers.

>>Fetishization of Asari.
>implying

after playing ME3 I would be happy never have playing ME1 or ME2 in the first place

Uhm, no? The original was made to earn money, just like the others. Learn how to capitalism, bro.

lolno

Of course, but it seemed like the game Bioware wanted to make as opposed to the game EA wanted to sell.

>as opposed to the game EA wanted to sell
That's because they were owned by Microsoft back then, stupid.

bullshit

>nu-BioWare will never unfuck the Mass Effect franchise

Are you sure it's their desire to work? Are you sure they don't actually desire to be wealthy and have no problems with money?

And Microsoft lent them more creative liberties.

>wanting to die over a 6/10 game
lad

Which is better

KOTOR or Mass effect? Discuss!

>Complain about Andromeda without playing it
>Stop shitting on it without even playing it
>Complain about Andromeda after playing it
>YOU PLAYED IT FOR X HOURS YOU GOT YOUR MONEY'S WORTH

This

MA1 is painfully overrated and overall just not a very good game. The random planets are some of the worst gameplay I've ever seen and are ridiculously lazy and boring, while the main game and plot aren't interesting or engaging at all. The companions are either boring or just unlikable. The shooting and shit is kinda fun but everything else is just horrible.

I've never played it so I still can.

mass effect fans are among the worst fanbases in existence, yet somehow they get a pass anyway

Origins is overatted as fuck too.

Is this bait? If not please consider suicide

lol

It killed my x360 after 2h. Never was interested enough to pick it up again.

>nooooooo stop having different opinions!!

>yfw you find out liara cockblocked you outta getting sweet quarian pussy all through the first game in me2

I never played any ME games, are they really that good?

>you will never have the thrill of getting everyone killed for the first time on the suicide mission in ME2

The best thing about me1's inventory was working up from cardboard and wishful thinking armour and a 'gun' worse than water pistols step by step. Until finally you're a gaddam tank using full auto railcannon nuke rifles to fuck up everythings day.

>that entirely optional murder all the geth in multiple systems questline.

Shit like that made it the best.

The gameplay is OK at best but there's some really fun characters.

No. 1 is decent at times, but I wouldn't call it overall good.
Unless you REALLY love wrpgs, then you might find it prretty good.

The whole SPACE shit is interesting, shooting is a tad repetitive but adequate, carrying the choices to the next game with imported saves was a very interesting gimmick.

Sometime between ME1 and 2's release EA swallowed BioWare and they started going pants on head retarded, even though ME2 was still a good game in its own right.

ME3's ending objectively ruins the whole trilogy, it's a fact, it's not my personal opinion, and if you disagree with facts you're a fucking fruitfaggot.

No, people just have a lot of love for the universe. The actual gameplay ranges from an interesting mess to a generic GoW clone.

Thats not an opinion though.

This.
What kind of office politics beaureaucratic fucking bullshot went on behind closed doors for fucking bioware to go full retard mode so hard and so fast on ME?

>here we have an independently successful scifi author on staff to write the story for the games

>oh wait. Casey hudson a glorified gofer (producers organise shit. They're not responsible for getting shit done). We're going to sideline our qualified writer and put this fucko in charge!

>EVIL ROBUTTS SAVE YOU FROM DEATH BY EVIL ROBUTTS BY KILLING YOU HUEHUEHUE
literary genius! Give that man a raise! Promote him!

They moved a significant amount of the talent to their precious Tortanic.

And instead of just putting ME3 on hold or some shit they rushed it with B movie tier writing and overall quality. Because MUH AAA NUMBERS AND DEADLINES AND OTHER CORPORATE JEW SHIT AMIRITE

Because EA rushed it out. Remember it was out year and a half after ME2

Seriously. After the story of me1. We would have waited for a karpashyn trek-like semi-hard sci-fi.

>instead we got this muh reeepuz shit.

Origins is better , but ME1 is still God tier.

>re-playing start trek fanfiction game

> hating trek
>me=fanfiction

Aure it aint no aaimov or clarke but it's still decent scifi. Just not edifying limits breaking scifi

it's the kind of game that's a lot more enjoyable the second time you play it.

>You'll never experience this conversation again for the first time

It has the worst gameplay and combat in the series, possibly any action RPG.

wouldnt say so. At the time we with a friend thought that would be better to replay both games like in a first time than having sex with any woman on earth. My female friend also somewhat agreed.
She picrelated.

it should have been a little longer and the series should have ended with the first game

only neo Cred Forums didn't like the game play

handling the mako sucked ass though

The gameplay was fine, I didn't have a problem with it. The problem was the generic, unmemorable storyline, the random planets where the only difference was the flavor text, skyboxes, and the texture of the ground, and a cast of characters that you don't give a fuck about.

>random planets where the only difference was literally everything that you can see

Yes, you're entirely right, because the only thing you could fucking see was the ground and the fucking sky. No trees, no rivers, no towns, no random cool buildings, nothing except the same generic mercenary bases, downed satellites, mineral deposits, or sometimes ancient alien ruin which was just one small structure. There was no exploration because there was nothing to explore, you just went to the items of interest in the horribly designed Mako so that you satisfy your completionist OCD.

Nice atmosphere, nice music, ok story, absolute garbage everything else.

The entire trilogy is mediocre all the way around. Still worth at least one playthrough if you are into sci-fi.

well if you read the descriptions of those planets before you landed you would know that the vast majority of them are uninhabited. there were a handful where they could have put some towns but i think the idea was to enforce that lost in space feeling. the planets that did have cities on them would have had to be on the scale of Ilium from ME2, which was probably not possible at the time.

>tfw into sci-fi
>tfw didn't even finish MA because the world and lore was so boring

Okay sure, they're uninhabited, that doesn't excuse the total lack of anything else interesting. There's probably close to 100 planets and there's nothing unique or cool about any of them besides the skybox, ground texture, and flavor text. There could've been desert maps with cozy little oases and sand dunes, or island maps where you're surrounded by water and thick jungle (that you can easily drive through) or forest maps where you follow specific paths through the trees, but no, everything is exactly the same with no variation at all; a color blind person could not tell any of the planets apart. It honestly felt like the maps were unfinished with their barren nothingness.

Not same user, but they feel lazy and empty even as uninhabited planets. I remember this really old 3D terrain generator that would create random terrain with random elevations, but no vegetation, water, anything. That's how those planets felt like.

ME2 had annoying planet scanning, but being able to land on planets with actual stuff going on was a better way of doing it.

ME1 is still fun to replay since it starts off lame and builds up.

it was good but also quite flawed, then they managed to shit the bed with 2 and 3 was just a confirmation whatever talent they had left

has Bioware ever gotten gameplay right? Because making a shittier Gears of War when it comes to gameplay ain't impressive

I also liked the fact that they let you do things like get out the Mako and have a classic firefight and get more exp as a reward.
Modern bioware would never let you go off the rails.

BG2 and DA:O had decent gameplay.

Seeing just how much you could break the game with wizards was always fun.

I really hope that Andromeda is at least okay.

Chances are it's going to be another DA:I; Not as bad as what preceded it, but having a brand new plethora of incompetence nonetheless.

Reminder that as the three games stand, they should be reordered as 2 - 1 - 3

Starts off investigating human colonists disappearing, culminating in finding the fetal reaper.

Then you're inducted into the specters due to your insane heroics, cut ties with Cerberus, causing them to go super anti alien. Find out about sovereign, what the fetal reaper really means, etc.

Then 3 goes as normal.

Cerberus was a mistake.

No let me rephrase that, Mass Effect 2 and 3 were mistakes.

who is this semen demon?

If they were going for the political group, they should have had them be an alternate mission group you can side with.

If they were going for the evil route, they should have just been kept as crazy black ops that throw the odd spanner in the works before getting destroyed.

Going for both and achieving neither was just a disaster.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE

I don't see how it could. Literally all old BioWare employees have left and instead EA has hired some anti-white amateur coders/designers

It might be but they sure as shit don't want us to think so.

I guess the new requirements to work at BiowarEA is to be fat and a libtard

twitter.com/bioware/status/771815200081137664

>>you'll never play Mass Effect 1 for the first time ever again
Thank god for that.
Playing the game second or latter times I know to avoid the side shit and focus on main story planets and the few good side missions.

ME1 is one of those games where being a completionist totally ruins it.

>I replayed it last week

I wish I could replay this game, but everything I do feels null and void since I know how the series ends.

ยด>these are the people in charge of Mass Effect

jesus christ...

It's really fucking bizarre how the best part about me3 for me was the fucking marauder shields video on youtube

May his soul rest in piece. Gone but not forgotten.

Why do fat people have to dress like pigs? Like you're fat, fine, whatever. You can at least make an effort to dress nice instead of wearing some disgusting stretched out shirt that no longer fits.

Never forget.

I played it like last month, pretty good game desu

miranda is best girl 2nd is liara

I'm playing ME2 at the moment, i thought i didn't need to play the first game.

Did i fuck up?

yes, play the first one because you will have characters that will bring on to the 2nd and 3rd game if you plan to play it

You dun goofed

Mass Effect 2 is the best Mass Effect though.

Bioware's ladmst good game was NWN and the main campaign sucked

>you'll never play mass effect 1 for the first time
feels good meng

Fun fact: this is one of the (kinda few) instances when a console game went to pc and the series went to shit.

>le gaben though

Oh Know what you mean.

My surprise when when of my companions goes insane for a second and I see one of the options given to deal with it is to signal one of the most loyal followers to put the problem down like a bad dog. Easily the reason why Ashley was my favorite in ME1

I was laughing so hard.

3 nights ago I dreamed I was in a hospital that could wipe my memories and I told them to wipe Mass Effect of my head. Before that I wrote a note to myself saying "PLAY THE MASS EFFECT. Don't drop it at the Citadel, it gets good after that".

My first time playing ME I got kinda stuck on the citadel trying to complete everything I could and I almost dropped the game. Virmire was the planet when the game clicked me.

Don't worry for the nerdrage of Mass Effect 3, it's only considered shit based on the ultra high expectations we had.

pd: The DLCs of ME2 and ME3 are maybe THE BEST DLC's of the past generation. You should get at least The Shadow Broker for ME2 and everything ME3 related.

1 just has that pacing and atmosphere that just makes you want to keep going and going.

For me that question is like "Who do you love the most? Dad or Mom?"

I can't answer.

>it's only considered shit based on the ultra high expectations we had.
No.
That would be because the plot makes no sense at all in any place other than the genophage arc, and outside a few bits of banter, and Vega oddly enough, the characters all sucked as well.
Then they decided to further ruin the reapers by ripping off D&D and hoping changing fish to cuttlefish would disguise their masterful lifting

The ending is actually among the least of ME3's problems, but it got so much attention because it embodied them all, and was the confirmation that it was never getting any better.

If not for the multiplayer, outstanding performances by some of the VA and weapon mechanics, it would be DA2 tier.

ME3 is garbage, user

The ending is actually a high point it's so bad

Mass Effect 2 is fucking great.
You don't spend 90% game doing inventory management anymore. The characters are way more fleshed out. Seriously, Garrus is the only character in ME1 that actually has some form of personality. ME1 has an extremely generic RPG we have to stop the ancient evil from taking over the universe story, whereas ME2 is a much more smaller scale and is focused on personal stories between your crew. And Cerberus being a morally grey organization is much more interesting than ALLIANCE GOOD SAREN EVIL.

Scanning planets and Jacob do suck though.

Good, it was terrible. And not one game has improved on it.

I don't get how people can stomach this series' god awful animations / cinematic direction, the retarded story, the 2-dimensional characterization, the boring combat and the super primitive decision making. ME is shit.

ME3 before geth/quarian decision>ME1>ME2>ME3 after Rannoch
fight me faggots

only retards had huge expectations for ME3, after the retarded shit 2 had:

>human reaper made of human slurpee
>story pulls a race out of the writers' collective ass who was absent in a huge conflict of a single reaper against the galaxy
>story that goes nowhere
>game is mostly about solving your party's daddy issues
>focus on MUH EVIL CORPORATION instead of exploring the galaxy for mysteries, we get this trash that is more cliche than taking a shit sitting
>instead of making the Mako better, since it was an interesting concept porrly implemented, they remove it entirely and replace with planet scanning, which managed to be even more boring
>entire gameplay now is been there done that cover shooting, you can see from a mile away when fighting is going to happen thanks to cover placement

The problem of ME3 and the series in general wasn't the ending of 3. The series never had amazing gameplay, and the story/lore carried the game. Then the story of the game was thrown in the trash bin by inferior writers, and the gameplay was reduced to generic cover shooting. The ending was just the cherry on the top of a shit sundae.

lemee guess, you play faggy anime shit, dont you?

>bad at figuring other people out and guessing completely wrong
Guess that's why you're defending the ME games right now.

ME1:
>Best overall plot.
>A LOT of RPG stuff (you aim better if you improve your aiming with exp points, for example).
>It's the first one and it does an AMAZING job at setting the galaxy, universe, and the whole Scifi behind the game
>It's a PRE-Gears of Wars Third Person Shooter with covers, meaning its shooting parts sucks for today's standards but you have a LOT of powers if you choose a non-Soldier class.
>Best double plot twist since KOTOR
>Hundreds of pointless sidequest involving exploring empty planets with clonic hideouts.

ME2:
>Worst overall plot (it's cool but pointless)
>Gameplay was improved but fucking up some important lore stuff about the weapons.
>They erased almost everything that made this saga an "RPG".
>Best characters, best crew, best missions.
>Best sidequests.
>Best final missions where your choices determine if your crew lives or they die because you are retarded.
>People hates the final boss (I dunno why)

ME3
>Plotwise better than 2.
>Best gameplay of the trilogy.
>Recovered some RPG parts and character personalization.
>Worst crew (At least for me...Vega and no Krogan on my ship? NEVER).
>Best DLC's
>Worst game "enemy".
>Plot is ok but then you reach the final 5 minutes and you say "what the f...."
>They promised "choices of ME1 and ME2 matter!!" and they do but not in the way we though.
>We went from "DEFEND THE GALAXY" to "SAVE THE EARTH". That was a total lettdown for some players.

nah, you're definatlya weeab faggot, you are probably stupid enough to vote for trump too i bet

>Garrus is the only character in ME1 that actually has some form of personality
Actually, both Kaiden and Ashley had personalities and were probably the best 2 written of the 6. But most people refuse to give them a chance because Ashley is a human who doesnt like aliens and Kaiden is voiced by Carth's actor.

Those 3 characters are the only 3 with any form of personality. The other 3 are walking codex entries with Wrex having a small hint of a personality that just needed a little more work

For the most part I agree with everything you said, even so I still like ME2 the least of the series for reasons I wont bother to go into

man I love ME1, but Kaiden and Ashley were fucking awful

>>People hates the final boss (I dunno why)

Stop being off topic you cancerous fuck.

Who's the best ME2 companion and why is it Samara

>But most people refuse to give them a chance because Ashley is a human who doesnt like aliens and Kaiden is voiced by Carth's actor.

People hated them 2 after their reaction at finding out Shepard was alive.

Damn I was having a romance with Ash and at least I expected a "OMG YOU ARE ALIVE YOU IDIOT!" and a kiss...or a punch and then a kiss...not a "YOU ARE WITH CERBERUS I HATE YOU!!!!".

My gosh I fucked Miranda so hard after that.

>Cerberus being a morally grey organization is much more interesting than ALLIANCE GOOD SAREN EVIL.
Yeah, right.

The morally dubious business man guy and the suspicious corporation is not only cliche as fuck, it's something that could be done on a game that takes place entirely on earth.

Meanwhile uncovering the crazy things the galaxy has to offer opens a lot of wiggle room to expand the lore, meet new races and whatnot. You know, like a space adventure was supposed to be.

I'm pretty sure half of the post-COD4 campaigns have some sort of relationship with one "possibly evil corporation" at first doing bad shit, be it russian, american or global.

>Ywn face collectors boarding your ship for the first time
youtube.com/watch?v=S3_1gwzbV84
The hype was unreal, but they could've added SOME shooting, so it's not just running from point a to point b at low speed.
I hope they do something smiliar in the new game.
I'll miss Joker, too. What a glorious bastard he was. Often overlooked by people but he was one of the best characters.

>Who's the best ME2 companion
Thane, mostly because he was inspired by a sf novel, Slow Fall to Dawn.

Pity they forgot he existed until 3 months before the deadline

>Who's the best ME2 companion

Garrus. It's always Garrus.