>いい具合に戦ってくれるというようなチューニングは入ってます
>弾を全部避けるんで死なないです

What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vNmdeuQw_xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QH59xLOcEx0
youtube.com/watch?v=h-jtJrOFRCM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq3_phBQA_Y
rpgsite.net/interview/4971-nier-automata-interview-square-talks-rpg-systems-and-the-platinum-partnership
twitter.com/RPGSite/status/776993967527174148
youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0
youtube.com/watch?v=3APGw7o1YOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=anxlM3CBxgk
youtube.com/watch?v=V0Y5uKfJJqw
youtube.com/watch?v=WKUZwTqojIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bayonetta also had something like that with the touchpad
Sounds great, customization is always good.
The last one seems pretty obvious.

Fucking hyped. Was there a stream?
Why did I miss it?

THE NEW QUEEN OF CUHRAYZEE

Yeah, but in Bayo it was masturbation mode.

Surely noone will jack off to some blind robot chick.

All weeb games need a "story" mode these days.

It's hilarious, seeing everyone chew out hamburger helper for saying games should have a "skip gameplay" button to get to the story, and every Japanese game already has one.

Easy mode wasn't enough for Persona, so 5 has a Safety mode where it's literally impossible to die.

>Surely noone will jack off to some blind robot chick.
You're a bit late for that, senpai.

>ほぼ始めて触った女性の方でも安心して触れるようになってます

Typical Japanese sexism desu

We're going to get a worldwide ladder for that highscore, right?

UE4 engine? I hope there will be freecam hack for PC version.

Best country in the world.

>You eventually have to play 9S.
>A2 won't get enough playtime.
JUST

>A2
>Doesn't like to speak and often keeps to herself.
WHY WOULD THEY BUILD A ROBOT THAT DOESN'T WANT TO REVEAL THE INFORMATION IT HAS.

THAT IS SO RETARDED.

Because A2 spent the entirety of the stage play prequel learning to feel emotions and going rogue.

>Automata (machine) enemies will be roaming around freely in the world
What do they mean by that? The enemies are just walking through areas not giving a fuck about restrictions?

They probably meant it in contrast to the first Nier, where enemies would fade into/teleport to your general vicinity if you walked through an area they were programmed to spawn at.

Shades were only very rarely found just roaming around freely.

Yeah but all other animal-like enemies and machines were already just walking around.

what minute famm

No idea, like 10 or something.
He intentionally stands still and pans down the camera, you can't miss it.

thats a pretty wild assumption, user

Reminder that this is not a pantyhot. She's not wearing visible pantsus.

So it's her mechanical body painted over or what?

It's a leotard, no pantsu.

Same difference, especially if she's wearing a skirt on top of it.

This is literally one of the only games I am excited for and it's looking fantastic.

Reminder that they confirmed a delay at TGS for the Western and PC versions of Nier.

>Only 2 games I'm looking forward to both have similar names
>Both involve fucking shit up with melee weapons
>Both release within days of each other

February is going to be a good month.

NEVER STOP SHOOTING EDITION: WHY EVEN MAKE THE SHOOT BUTTON OPTIONAL HD REMIX

In a way, Yoko Taro has the last laugh because this game wound up being more like a shmup than I even expected.

I'll be playing it 02/23 no matter what.

As always, EOPs can't get a break.

But what if you don't understand the story?

I don't see much of a point in picking up a PS4 now it's coming to PC. Then again, they might actually be stupid enough to only release it in English on PC.

It still says Early 2017 though so I'm good unless it comes out at the end of May or something

Source / how long of a delay?

The end of May is still technically "early" 2017. It'll probably be a month or two though.

>But what if you don't understand the story?
Already own a PS4 and been buying Japanese games for years, no problem there.

Cool.

That's what I mean, I#'d hate to see that long of a delay simply because of spoiler reasons and because people will actually pick this game up unlike DoD3

I don't like your tone user.
You have to appreciate me more!

Even if the delay is a week, it'll all be spoiled. Honestly, they'll be data-mining the trophies from the PS4 version a week before it comes out and spoiling everything.

...where are people even getting the idea that there IS a delay?

They announced the release date in Japan, but I can't find any confirmation that the western release is supposed to have a different date

What if the game doesn't even have trophies?
I mean why would it? They serve no purpose.

I hope we get mods for PC version.

>I mean why would it?
Because Sony demands it?

Name one game released in the past 5 years that doesn't have fucking achievements or equivalent such as trophies.

>YOKO-SAN!
:(

>Because Sony demands it?
Since when?
I always play with trophies disabled so I wouldn't know.

Since always.

I love that they wheeled "him" out on a mannequin since he couldn't be there.

Should have MF Doomed it, though, sent someone to be his body double and just not answer questions.

At the end he takes the mask off, and they're all surprised to see it's totally not Taro

Looks boring.

Noob mode
Something only a shareholder could have come up with

So many semen demons.

jesus christ

Knowing platinum games you'll be able to unlock everyone step by step on new game+

>camera pans back in a sweeping cinematic view of the monolithic industrial cityscape around you
>you are a tiny dot in a vast canyon of factories
>suddenly enemies pop out
>you cannot fucking see them because, as stated prior, you are a tiny dot
>game helps you out with a little text readout showing you that they're there, because fuck you I'm being cinematic
"Looks boring"?

We've seen all of 2 minutes of actual, non-debug-non-fuckaround gameplay here, and we've already got one bizarre Taro moment. I love it.

>thigh-boots and high heels: the game

Can someone actually explain to me why everyone is looking forward to it? Looks like another Korra tier Platinum shit game. Wasn't the first game a comfy JRPG with comfy music, story, characters, villages and also a trap which fags loved and is missing here?

Why is everyone looking forward to this?

I just imagine they would do a Platinum Xenoblade game with such ugly corridors and generic Platinum gameplay and everything missing people liked about the original... Why would anyone be hyped

Or Hideki Kamiya, who put "Mommy Mode" AKA Very Easy Automatic in Bayonetta

Making the game scalable to your skill level is a big part of what Platinum does, and they try to extend it from "I don't know what a videogame is" to "Q3A champion"

I fear for my dick.

>Why would anyone be hyped
Because it's Platinum Games X Bullet Hell.
What's not to like?

The first one was a very shitty game gameplay wise

The first one was a turd of a game. Even 3rd rate Platinum C-team combat is an insane step-up from previous titles.

He's a 3DPD poster, of course his post is stupid.

Platinum Games are mediocre as fuck

>dat nier music

>comfy JRPG
TAKE IT BACK
First one was literally ultimate depression.

But I agree with you. They show all the cuhrayzee gameplay, but do we even know anything about the story? Doesn't look like Taro has huge involvment in it from what I saw, doesn't even feel like his game.

The first game was not a "comfy" anything, it was an emotionally devastating clusterfuck of a rollercoaster

But the gameplay itself was tedious

And now Platinum lifted the Bayonetta combat framework out crammed it into the previous game, thus fixing the worst thing about the previous game.

Also
>Korra-tier
Kek. Just look at it.

You've already confirmed you never played Nier OR Korra OR probably anything by Plat, now hush and soak up the hype

the ingame OST is pretty hype desu

are asian women retarded?

does this have anything to do with the first Nier?

参考になった

One thing I hate and is annoying as fuck is when japs do these demos they always have that one annoying as fuck girl who obviously have nothing to do with the game other than a dolled up pretty face and squeals like an annoying fucking rat every 30 seconds.

She's just a ぶりっ子, it's all show.

You should pay closer attention. We know a SHITLOAD about the story, since it's based on a stage play Taro wrote, and they've revealed a number of characters.

In fact the character reveal trailer not only shows a connection to the previous Nier (with Emil, Dev&Pop returning) but also DoD (with allusions to Brother One / the Watchers appearing on Adam & Eve)

man her character design is so cool. those heals and legs are so fucking hot

no

Japanese are so over the top. Imagine if this shit came out 20 years ago.

Fuck, that looks amazing

I thought they are going to put maneq head on someone when it fell off.

Commander's body is fucking fantastic but her hands and feet are disproportionately small and it feels like her thighs are a tad too long before they hit the knee also.

>The first game was not a "comfy" anything
That's fucking stupid. Game was literally comfy, your house, your village, tavern with Devola singing, that sea town, hills of radiant winds, come the fuck on. MUH DESPERATION only starts at the bossfights and only get to full force at new game+. You still spend a lot of hours in comfy locations with god tier comfy music.

...I'm 90% sure that she and glasses boy are both Japanese VAs. They're there for the panel interview.

And people, especially around Cred Forums, still loved it for whatever reason people love JRPGs. Characters, story, music, atmosphere etc. Now this looks like the most boring, grey piece of shit corridor with generic Bayonetta light gameplay (guess every franchise will have its Platinum spin-off soon).

>You've already confirmed you never played Nier OR Korra OR probably anything by Plat, now hush and soak up the hype
XDD

But I did. Now kill yourself and make an actual argument.

This.

Because the JP release date is listed as February 23rd and the EU/NA release date is listed as "Early 2017" most likely

Will they ever stop reusing assets from Bayo\MGR?

Some characters are confirmed to be returning and there's definitely going to be references to the first, but they've said that the story isn't very connected because they want people who haven't played the first one to be able to jump in with Automata.

I love the GUI so far. Reminds me of Armored Core or Vanquished.

I still havent finished either Nier or Drakengard 3

>the story isn't very connected
>still believing it when Eve got the Watchers' symbol on him and red eyes

I have a feeling Emil will be way more important than we think.

Wasn't it called "Girlfriend mode" ?

Why? I haven't touched dod3 dlcs even though I platinumed main game.

looks more like a shooter or shmup with melee elements rather than the other way around. I'd prefer it the other way tho 2bh but still looks interesting.

It's more an homage rather than reusing.

>pc release
confirmed shit

That was Borderlands 2, not Bayo

>being this mad
hahahahahahhahahahha

When's this fucking game coming man? We were supposed to have both Nier and Nioh this year and they've both been fucking delayed :[

I finally got Nier and DG3 for my old PS3. Should I play DG1 before (heard DG2 is quite shit)? What am I in for? Is Nier really that depressing?

fuck those sugoi kakkoi commentator shit is really annoying

K. My actual argument is that "boring and grey" doesn't describe what we've seen of this game.

Yes, this one "industrial ruins at night" backdrop is a little bit bland-colored (and I guess if you count Bunker, which is always rendered in B&W), but most of what we've seen hasn't been.

Pic related.

Also, "generic Bayonetta light gameplay"? Christ watching the gameplay footage it's a solid 65% shooter. Homeboy kills more enemies with the Pod gun than he does with his melee attacks in the time trial. It's got strong shmup/danmaku elements, not to mention what we've seen of it so far suggests it's an open-world RPG with a high degree of customization and exploration totall unlike Bayonetta.

The only time this game has appeared Bayo-esque is when you see someone mashing the melee buttons like they don't know what thay're doing, and even then what we see just looks like "DoD3 but not as repetitive". This is the same type of melee combat that's been a staple of all of Taro's games, just executed with a little more depth and flair.

Remember, Nier had a fucking COMBO COUNTER, and an AIR DODGE. It opened with a wave-style Musou shade attack. You would heavy-strike sheep and send them flying for 25 linear feet. It was ALWAYS supposed to be a game like this, Cavia just couldn't execute properly. Taro makes games centered around critiquing the game-player's obsession with violence and in order to do that, he needs violence to be fun.

Nier was beloved in spite of Cavia's poor execution of the combat, not because "it didn't have combat it was just so comfy"

youtube.com/watch?v=vNmdeuQw_xQ

I'm late to the party - what do we know about the new characters, and are those the same Devola and Popola from Nier?

Also thoughts on the ????? at the end?

I'm glad taro is making nier more and more like the bullet hell he always wanted to make.

It's Jouji Nakata in a serious game so it's probably a villain of some kind

I wonder if she has some iai moves. They are what made Sam so fun to use in Revengeance.

RIP Yoko san

Tarooooo

I'm already feeling oppressed.

game looks painfully barren and empty. the camera changing is really cool but I hate games with uninteresting level design. really boring looking open spaces 2bh

They already confirmed multiple times in multiple interviews that the only reason that they are showing the battle system instead of the RPG elements is because they know how goddamn shitty the battle system of Taro's games are.

They also already confirmed in multiple interviews that it's an Action RPG. It's not the like your Rising or Korra or whatever. It's an RPG. You can look up the interviews in that site that is dedicated to Nier if you have doubts. The interviews are translated there.

Can we expect ultiamte feels like Nier 1?

>2b - "Belief"
>9s - "Loneliness"
>a2 - "Vengeanse"
>Pod042 - "Follow"
>Pod153 - "Plan/Scheme"
>Adam - "Hate"
>Eve - "Rely (?)"
>Operators - "Support"
>Pascal(?) - "Love"
>Commander - "Responsibility"
>Emil - "Survive"
>Devola & Popola - "Redemption"
>????? - "Exceed/Overcome"

>are those the same Devola and Popola from Nier?

Nope, they are other models. The Devola and Popola we know were models 21 and 22, I believe. These ones will probably not even sound like them, since the Popola and Devola of NieR were pretending to be human and actually grew fond of the village they were taking care of.

These new ones will most likely act very differently, although their role may be the same.

so fucking hot my god

hottest character in years 2bh

Well, it's the point. I think Taro is going for this desolation-feeling from DG1.
Reminds me pretty much of Demon's Souls atmosphere honestly. Something that was fucked up for so long there's no hope anymore (such a shame Dark SOuls never had this feeling to it).

Remember to watch the E3 footage because this industrial scape is like the 5th environment they've shown

>likely act very differently
They're already confirmed to be heavy drinkers.

Is there any possibility of the first Nier coming to PS4 or PC? Conversely, does it seem like Automata will be comprehensible as a newbie?

So does the red eye'd, watcher branded dude have anything to do with that door guard kid from the Utahime 5 manga? Or is his design just a coincidence?

How can I ask Taro if Papa Nier is in the game?

Automata should be comprehensible from a narrative perspective as a new player.

Expect to miss a shitload of lore nods, though.

Also IIRC Nier RepliCant was re-released on the PSN in Japan (or announced to be), but no word on Gestalt/western Nier

Even DMC1 had that.
DMC1!

He's not, probably. If only because they basically confirmed early on that only Dev/Pop and Emil were returning (and I think they mentioned Beepy as well).

>showing off pantsu in a live stream
Oh man, they're gonna have to give her granny pants in all versions now. We've had this before.

But what if Nier is in the game and it's Brother instead of Papa?

After watching the video I'm not that hyped anymore..
Combat system looks way too simplistic..

POST MORE TOOBIE

I'm hyping it up because it's the first genuinely fun-looking action game in a while WITH A PC VERSION

Demo won't be available on PC, right?

Father Nier isn't canon and Taro hates it.

>this is a colorful area
>t. shill

Shh, don't rile up the EOPs. Whenever you remind them that they played a joke version instead of the real game, they get very angry.

You what

youtube.com/watch?v=h-jtJrOFRCM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq3_phBQA_Y

It doesn't really look all that simple, at least not when Taura (meaning, someone who knows the ins and outs) plays it.

Also do remember that it looks simpler now than when we saw it in the past if only because the Time Attack mode is showing a Lvl3 character (the story mode showed them at Lvl25) which means a lot of abilities are probably not unlocked. In the past we've seen the game run in debug mode which probably gives a better impression of late game combo ability (though if the pod Laser is anything to go by they're still adding moves and mechanics, even now)

I am gonna enjoy buying and playing this game.
On my PC

It doesnt matter what it is. It is what we see that matters.

Definitely has more depth than MGR at least, there's much more to do and that's without the RPG mechanics.

What if they don't release the Japanese version on PC?

I think you should play Drakengard 1. At least for the story.

I'll concede it isn't Benten-Cho from Jet Set Radio but I hardly think "boring grey corridor" would be an apt description, though it was the description you chose

Backpedal away!

Oh thank god
It seems like they have turned down the hitstop that platium alwasy fucking do.
It actually looks smoth now

I'm a bit confused about the battle system.
Never saw anyone heal in all this footage. Is it even possible?

An easy automatic option is nothing more than a plus for everyone involved. Its an option so it bothers no one. Besides the obvious devtime that it may take up they probably re use the system from bayo

I kinda miss it
t. platfag

I didn't even notice.
Games do this so much that it feels oblivious to me.

So that's why it looked so much more fluid to me. Hitstop is a stupid idea unless you have a punch that winds up for 3 seconds.

Read DG has some rhytm game aspects to it that are supposed to difficult af. Why does dark RPG has rhytm game in it?

>game comes out
>find out they added it back in the game because the earlier showcases were unfinished versions of the game

WHAT COULD IT MEAN

It's a secret ending.

Want another asshole Taro moment? Near the crusher that fucked up 2B, there was an enemy hiding in the shadows with their weapon primed. You can imagine what would happen to someone who doesn't spot them fast enough.

Oh boy, it will make you wish to go off this loony ride.

I don't live in japan and cant read Japanese so i don't care.
Also for we reason i like the voice actors in these guys games better in English.

That the mask was dropped on stage at TGS and broke during the livestream.

that's tragic
i hope he gets better soon

It seems they will be mostly the same, the whole drinking is still there and they seem to want to fix the fuckup by their previous version, to the point their word in the trailer is "Atonement".

Probably not in Time Attack (Bloody Palace) mode, no.

I'd bet my hat that there is a way, though, hell most Plat games let you assign items freely to the d-pad (and the ones that don't still have them in the items menu)

I will fucking kill Taro if he slips this fucking DDR bullshit into the game again. I fucking broke my controller on the final note. Ho are you even supposed to time it with black screen and music going silent?

NOOOOOOOO!!! YOKO-SAN WA SHINDAAAA!!!

I'm expecting a sudden SHMUP section. The more genre shifts he can squeeze in, the better.

Who is the one in the middle to the left?
She makes my dick so fucking hard oh lord those hips, that face

I think Nier would be dead by now even if he didn't erase himself in Ending D.

>Doesn't know A2

How?

>cuhrazee RPG sidescroller shmup

wtf is this game? They should add a racing section and some sports to make sure they've got every genre.

Boar racing would be the best.

You eventually play as one of the robots, and it turns into a 1st person flight shooter, like Descent.

I unironically hope they do.

I actually want that.

>tfw Boar Drifting is almost certainly back
Imagine Tokyo Drifting around the forest on pig-back and then tell me it needs a racing game segment

(Nier 1 also had the forest of text-based adventure)

Was that Zero?

Actually I imagine it'll be a flight shooter, Star-Fox-style, at one point, given the F-15 entry wingsuit.

I also expect that the game will shift from Star Fox to top-down shmup to side-scrolling shmup as you play

Because the guy who actually directed and wrote the previous game and the Drakengard games still has creative control. Platinum getting involved just means the combat will be better.

Everyone human in Nier was a robot.

They were replicants, which definitely had limited lives since they had to keep recreating them.

Fuck I just woke up and I missed all this shit.

Any word on release date and CE outside japan? For what I've seen the version with the Toobie figure is more than 200 bucks (25.800 yen).

what do you mean by that?

Last I heard (E3 2016) they were shooting for a worldwide release, I dunno why everyone is saying the western release date isn't Feb 23.

No word on the Black Box outside Japan yet

This is the best Platinum Game and it wasn't made by Kamiya.

Will I need to get a gamepad for this?

Probably a good idea. Plat's games are notoriously not good when it comes to KB/M controls, especially with non-disableable negative mouse acceleration.

looks like MGR shit tier combat
what's your point?

One (You) is the best I can do

So given that Eve was the first human who ate from the tree of knowledge and was ultimately responsible for original sin and the downfall of mankind we can assume that this guy is the one who fucks everything up for everyone right.

>posting a webm of that garbage gameplay
Story is literally the only decent thing about Drakengard 1.

I just saw, as a lot of us already suspected, that most of the new character designs weren't actually made by Akihiko Yoshida.

Surprisingly enough, not even the new thick robots, although it's obvious that the designer tried to follow his style.

Adam, Eve, Operator 210, Operator 60, Pascal and the Commander were made by Nagai Yuuya, who works on the same company as Yoshida (CyDesignation)

Devola and Popola were designed by Itahana Toshiyuki, from Square Enix, not even Platinum. Interesting.

Likely. Platinum's games are always designed with a controller in mind. You can probably play with keyboard too if you really want to though.

>MGR
>Good combat
You're the reason action games are shit now. I bet you think too that Bayonetta is the new "DMC"
Just fuck off.

Even boiled-down MGR combat is better than the combat in any previous Taro game, which is all people really want. It looks fine for an ARPG, really.
If you're hoping for the next big curazy game, you're looking in the wrong place.

This is one of those faggots who can't into creativity for themselves and has to wait for their favorite Youtube combo mad faggot to make a video showing all the depth because he can't see it or do it himself.

Like here a webm. IT'S FUCKING NOTHING!, right? To you it is. But to someone with creativity this confirms that you can repostion yourself during robot special attack as the robot is static during those moves and 2B can do things like cross under or over the enemy.

But someone like (You) would not see that until your sugardaddy combo mad shows it off to you.

There also other things I could easily list, but I won't do that for the likes of you.

Fuck me, that actually looks pretty good. I love the effect when you're 'teleporting', really nails that feeling.

Too bad I won't get to play it because I won't be buying a PS4. Maybe someday

MGR has shallow shit combat, but Nier looks nothing like it.

It looks a lot like Bayonetta/TfD, melee-side, plus all the shooter stuff.

Now go play DMC3 for the 997th time and fuck off with your obvious bait

Look at this filthy casual

It's coming out on PC too.

Why are you so mad, bro? I even said the story was why someone should play it.

Just get it on Steam like everyone else

>boiled-down MGR combat
Looks like an improvement to me, you can switch between four weapons on the fly now while also having the ability to use ranged attacks at the same time, all without having to stop dead and go into an inventory screen.

The combat will be neither like Bayonetta nor like MGR, they have made it very clear that there are significant RPG elements. Your ability to kill stuff depends a lot on your stats.

>We wanted it to be so that you'll be able to clear the game by leveling up the characters rather than having to really rely on your own skills.

rpgsite.net/interview/4971-nier-automata-interview-square-talks-rpg-systems-and-the-platinum-partnership

>don't want to support Square
>this game looks good tho

What do?

W-what? A sequel to a Drakengard spin-off that's only being made for the PS4 ( of the current gen consoles ) is also coming to PC?

This is more bonkers than any storyline Taro could come up with.

Rude. Many people in the West played the joke version and Papa Nier is moe.

Buy this game and not anything else by Square? Pirate it? It's not that hard. Refusing to buy FFXV isn't going to stop it from selling regardless. Or being an absolute trainwreck.

>there are significant RPG elements

You can see the damage numbers in op's video.

Tales of games are RPGs and they have technical combos and such plus bosses that are difficult, so what is your point? The game still has Platinum Games combat.

I'll probably pirate it.

XV fiasco makes me want FF franchise to just die because they are never going to learn their lesson.

I don't care about that Tero shit the first Nier story was mediocre at best.
All I want is for Platinum too do a great combat system again, they've been so lazy lately.

Who are you to go full ad hominem on me faggot?
I can see pas the cool animations and SFX to discern the mechanics of a combat system. And mechanics here speaks volume about the lack of depth.
I can see already all the signs of a bad combat system: long-distance snapping, camera-dependent dodges, movement inertia, half of the mechanics are on "AUTO" mode, and the most blatant thing is that amount of visual annoyance on the screen the visual feedbacks are all over the place.

A webm of someone doing crazy shit doesn't mean anything to me, lately Platinum has been in a "Style over substance" mindset, and this looks no different.

Please stick to your tranny fetish cringeworthy design discussions instead of arguing about shit you clearly don't know about.

Yeah it LOOKS a lot like it for anyone not paying enough attention to the underlying mechanic, thanks for proving you're not even trying to make a decent argument.

>I'll probably pirate it.

Good Luck, it's Behind 7 Denuvos

>Your ability to kill stuff depends a lot on your stats.

Almost certainly incorrect.

From what we've seen, this is using the same "RPG" format as Transformers Devastation: you can, with skill, crush the game on the hardest difficulty using starter gear at min stats if you want. The game also gives you the ability to grind for perks and gear that you can combine and upgrade to make builds which make the game easier.

You couldn't grind through TFD on a purely stat level (well, you could, but it would be hell): what you COULD do was, for example grind up your spreadshot to regenerate ammo over time and trigger confuse states on each shot so you could spam it to daze enemies around you. Or grind up the attack speed on your Dev Drills so they were triggering damage every frame on toss and then plugging into the thickest part of enemies to one-shot any large soldiers.

Nier looks similar; you can dump all your gil into techniques and attacks so you can win by playing well, or dump it into gear and perks to make a game-breaking loadout that makes you immune to danmaku shots and lets you spam Pod-beam to sweep through enemies.

That's actually pretty standard for action RPGs these days, isn't it? Win-by-skill or win-by-build. Grinding for levels to up DPS and durability (without spending any time designing your build in the equip screen) seems like a pretty old-school way of doing it.

>I don't care about that Tero shit the first Nier story was mediocre at best.
Well then you're not the target audience, no one really gives a fuck what you think. Sorry.

>he doesn't know

>Tero
Who is this Tero you speak of?

>Being so BTFO he called Taro a Tero
Kill yourself.

not him but
>if you value gameplay over story you're not the target audience for a video game
the shit I read on this board sometimes...

Is there a reason the weapons hover so far off the character, its really annoying me

They have little anti-gravity rings on them.

It's an RPG before being an action game. The DoD series target audience isn't the same as the curazy target audience, it's not that complicated.
You really think people suffer through Drakengard's shit combat for the gameplay? The selling point of this game is being a Taro game (or even just a Squeenix RPG) with better combat, not the new curazy Platinum game. I'm sorry, but it's true. Live with it.

Okay Professor Platinum, since you can see so well into the underlying mechanics, you must have noticed that during any attack which detaches the sword from the player, you can start an attack string with the other weapon without interrupting the hurtbox, right?

And that launcher attacks are tied to the perfect dodge mechanic, meaning juggles are inherently bound to reactive dodging rather than punching-bagging enemies up?

That you can weapon-offset through combos during switches, continuing strings rather than restarting at the beginning whenever your weapon set is switched?

Surely you've noticed that the lock-on mechanic makes shots auto-aim but also widens the spread significantly, encouraging manual aiming during combos?

Or that larger enemies are designed with weak points which can be targeted with melee attacks?

That dodging is not directionally-bound and you can freely redirect your dodge movement mid-dodge, even in air? That dodging into environmental hazards (like bushes) causes the player to stumble, interrupting the i-frames?

I mean, you must have noticed all that stuff. So surely, you can tell me what to make of the animation team designing dual-wield cross-weapon animations (i.e. one power fist and one sword in each hand) despite that not being an equippable "weapon" on its own, and what it means for combo chain crossovers.

Or what 9S doing a "hadouken" with his pod in the PSUnderground footage implies about special attacks.

But why, is it just laziness or is there something in the lore?

Not even that guy, but you're generalizing. Most of the games that Taro is known for have pretty mediocre to downright awful gameplay, but people play them because the story / setting is uniquely fucked up in a way that only Taro can do. I would not recommend any of his games to people that highly value gameplay.

So no, if you don't care about the story and only care about the gameplay, stay the fuck away from any of the Drakengard / Nier games because you're going to have an awful time.

oh then so it's ok, and suddenly because there is a reason for them to float in the air it doesn't looks bad anymore, thanks you

Knowing Taro it's a meta-joke about floating weapons in videogames.

This is the man who, when you opted to "erase Nier from existence" at the end of the first game, gradually erased the in-game menu, cleared your save file, and then made it impossible to start a new file using your old file's name.

>And that launcher attacks are tied to the perfect dodge mechanic, meaning juggles are inherently bound to reactive dodging rather than punching-bagging enemies up?

Not him, but you're wrong. And there exist Bayonetta air launchers too.

Souce: During Taura-san's time attack run he does it against the giant enemy with multiple heads on its body.

Why even ask if no answer was going to satisfy you?

>Announced for PC
>The original Nier is not

How do they expect me to play this without knowing what Nier is about? I think i'm going to pass

He does, and it looks like it's dial-able or callable in some way, but you can count up the number of times that launcher occurs after a perfect dodge vs not after a perfect dodge and conclude that they are almost 100% certainly connected in some way.

Either the attack inputs behave differently right after a perfect dodge, or a perfect dodge is somehow necessary to "stock up" a launcher, or something. I dunno, but there's no way that every player just happens to elect to juggle following a perfect dodge every time and essentially never any other time (except that one time against that large enemy)

>Complaining about Platinum hitstop
>not the original NieR hitstop which was a million times worse.

Wait, so what is Yoshida doing?

>How do they expect me to play this without knowing what Nier is about?
All the games are loosely connected at best, Automata takes place thousands of years after Nier.

Is that scuff on her boots? This pleases me for some reason.

From what I've heard it's pretty unrelated. That being said, the original is an underappreciated gem and you should definitely pick it up if you have a last gen console or it ever comes to PC. You guys finally got Dragon's Dogma, who knows what you'll get in the future.

I say "you guys" but I primary play shit on my PC. I'm probably going to get Automata on PC if it supports 144hz, if not I'll get it on PS4 for the best collectors edition shit.

They hired his company to do the designs, they didn't think they'd get him because he was so busy. But he was a fan of Nier so he contributed the leads (2B, A2, 9S, etc), and I guess delegated the rest

Ey, that's the sword I used in Nier. I love big ass swords.

twitter.com/RPGSite/status/776993967527174148

youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0

! 1:24 there's a manual launcher used. Not a dail up because we know that's not the next attack in her combo sting.

2B
B

But seriously, Yoshida is paid a lot to put in his love for thighs in great games. What a man.

Still can't believe they are porting it to PC.

You fucking betrayed ud for a couple of sales at 4$ on a steam sale.

Enjoy getting pirated to hell retards, some games just don't belong on PC and this is one of them.

Alright, that makes sense.

There was an interview where they said it would match the PS4 version implying it will be locked to 1080p 60fps, but it sounded a bit like he misinterpreted the question as "will the PC version be worse graphically than the PS4 version" so we'll have to wait and see.

So command launchers are a thing.

But in some way they're ALSO tied to PDs.

Maybe attacking post-PD auto launches? Maybe calling a launcher outside that window consumes magic or something?

No idea. But it's not a purely Taura thing, when the 9S VA (not on automatic mode) does his launchers they're all post-PD, same as Taura usually shows, meaning the connection is more than just "that's Taura's play style"

My heart.

I can't believe Yoko Taro is dead.

9s > a2

build a bridge and get over it

I can tell you two things.

1) Plat has done games in the past that went to 4K (TMNT) on PC
2) Plat's engine is constant-frame-rate (not delta compensated) for hurbox reasons, so if the game is set to 60FPS, it will always run at 60FPS (slowdown literally slows events down, it doesn't just make the game look choppier). "Unlocking" the frame rate would probably spectacularly break the game, they have to choose a target and stick to it. So 144Hz is probably not happening
3) experience tells us that at max settings, the game will look like the PS4 version. Scalability (outside resolution) is implemented for toaster-friendliness, not for improved fidelity on monster rigs.

YOu're not missing much honestly. It's basically wasted potential: the game. The second half is nothing but backtracking and you have to repeat that second half a bunch of time to know the full story.

...so DMC4SE, then?

youtube.com/watch?v=3APGw7o1YOQ

yeah except, you know, with garboo tedious gameplay instead of one of the best gameplay ever.

>the clunky robot is a companion
>perspective shifts out of nowhere just like the first

Shit this is looking great already. Do you think we'll get something like the sealed verses to finish off bosses?

makes sense

>fixed 2D sections
>looks like some sort of challenge mode

holy fuck

man i cant believe Yoko is fucking dead

...neat. Anyone check to make sure it doesn't have adverse backend effects though? Like how if you did it in DaS it borked durability?

Looking forward to paying a Japanese scalper mega $$$ for the Black Box.

But I loved the hitstop in Nier, it felt perfect given that I was using the biggest weapon in the game as intended.

>faggot ass brother Nier instead of awkward angry old man Nier who condones genocide so long as they're okay

>watchers tattoo
there isn't much to assume

>You destroyed this entire village, but you did it to save our lives so it's kinda okay, Emil
>Let's go

Why do I feel this is going to flop and become yet again another Platinum underrated game that barely sold 500k?

>pantsu
what did he mean by this

Because you don't know or care about what Nier/DoD is?

I mean, you kind of slaughtered everyone there before he destroyed the village, so technically HE didn't kill anyone...

Hey, I'm not crazy about it either. I prefer things like sheathes and holsters myself.

He was announcing upcoming censorship.

>Do you think we'll get something like the sealed verses to finish off bosses?
I would be very surprised if Platinum of all people don't have over the top finishing moves.

A lot of villagers were still in their houses when Emil vaporized the Aerie.

Because it probably will. But calling that a flop is a bit disingenuous, I doubt their western sales expectations are particularly high.

Actually I do, and it hasnt gotten a very good track record sales wise, or else it wouldnt be a cult favorite and be actuallt a known franchise. The marketing for this game just isnt the type that would draw in millions of buyers, considering how people are already reacting to them. The ones in the stream should have been in the trailers too, and considering not many people knew about it in the first place, they'll only see the ones with repetitive enemies and the "lazy" one where people just talk too much.

I feel bad for Taro though since he clearly wants this game to succeed, but not with this kind of marketing strategy. Just compare the last few trailers to the one Horizon has.

The little option bot gun looks too good. Getting DMC2 flashbacks.

Well, that kind of mentality might not be moraly right but it kept him going and he got shit done. I really liked this character trait, he moved forward in a world where good and bad was hard to distinguish.

well it's marketed towards japs and weebs, i'd say it succeeds there

After playing the game a second time and reading Gimoire Noire I no longer feel bad for that village.

It feels good because then we can keep the comfy Nier/DoD threads and avoid the Platinum-only guys

It's safe to say those enemies were all weak as fuck, so you don't have to worry. You might keep firing at enemies in the main game but the main function of doing that would be to stop projectiles I think.

Yeah but so was the demo character, so it wasn't a level thing.

I think my problem is that they were killing things with the gun itself. In other action games like this, guns are for complete trash enemies or filler for combos when you aren't in range. If you look at the numbers in the demo, it's doing almost as much damage as melee in a short period of time.

Also it looks kind of dumb because 2B doesn't have any animation, she's just running around while the bot goes to town.

>nier automata and nioh both coming in february

Yes :)

You can shoot things while you attack them I think.

But look, this was just a showcase. It's pointless to argue about it.

>Also it looks kind of dumb because 2B doesn't have any animation, she's just running around while the bot goes to town.
It doesn't look dumb at all. You just want a new DMC, don't you?

It looks stupid if you're just prancing around like a fairy and the hovering option is shooting things independently. It brings up the question of if it works by itself, why isn't it just flying around doing everything while 2B hides in a corner? If she's not going to be an active participant, she might as well be out of harm's way.

It's fine when she's moving into do melee things, but there were lots of times in the demo where they'd be running around doing nothing but dodging and shooting, and that's when it looks stupid. Ideally she should be pointing in the direction she wants it to shoot or something.

Also it look slike you can shoot while you attack, but then I don't understand why you would ever stop shooting. In the gameplay, the players seem to stop when doing melee stuff, but there's a couple points where they definitely are doing both.

And it's not pointless to discuss something they clearly want to show off. That's the point of these threads.

>Nier Automata
>Nioh
>Horizon
>Persona

There's not even enough time in the day to be honest.
I hope Horizon

>2D mode

WTF I HATE NIER NOW

>It looks stupid if you're just prancing around like a fairy and the hovering option is shooting things independently.
No it doesn't.

>why isn't it just flying around doing everything while 2B hides in a corner?
Yeah how come the book doesn't do everything for you in Nier 1 too?

>Ideally she should be pointing in the direction she wants it to shoot or something.
Why? It's a robot. You're a robot. The camera is a robot. You're killing robots. You wear a blindfold as a robot. Why would you need to face things?

>I don't understand why you would ever stop shooting.
To press other buttons maybe.

>it's not pointless to discuss something they clearly want to show off.
Sorry, I'm talking specifically about the level of difficulty.

It's sonic generations all over again.

That was in the first Nier...

Never heard of it.

It's called Nier and it's about Nier.

What's Nier?

Nice try, but Nier isn't even a real name.
I think someone like that would be remembered by everybody.

>NieR : Automata - Black Box Edition Unboxing by Square Enix
youtube.com/watch?v=anxlM3CBxgk

I doubt we will get this in the west :^ (

>ce is $250
i can't afford that shit
my dod3 white box is gonna be lonely

youtube link?

>they look at the panties on the figure
>"it's white!"
>"they're not panties! it's a leotard"

>roughly 25,000 yens ($230~$250) for a figure, soundtrack, artbook, novel, and misc. CDs
>square e-store exclusive
Is this another one of those crazy Taro things? Or is this Square just being as shitty as possible?

Time the button presses to the dialogue.

#notalldragons

>Faggot ass brother Nier

The only faggot is you because you because you want an old guys cock throat deep down your throat and don't care how much weaker it makes the narrative.

Yoko Taro agreed, otherwise Father NieR would actually show up in ANY of the side story material.

This is actually cheap, when I was in Akihabara those figurines were really fucking expensive.

>Platinum Games
Nah

No, the figure itself is of really decent quality (the paint job is low-quality, the base is a detailless black circle, her face will undoubtably have weird lips and hair) and standard CEs come with most of all of this stuff for half the price. That figure itself would be worth at most $30~40 on its own.
What's funny is I can't tell if Taro had a hand in this since it's outrageous, or if it's the more likely situation where Square is massively overcharging like with that FFXV superdupermega edition.

I bought a lot of these special boxes recently and found out I just look at them once and then they just take up space in my room for nothing.

I think I'm cured of special editions now.

I hope they make a 150€ version with less stuff. I really want to buy the CE, but 250€ is just too much money for me right now.

This one will be different from the last 4, I'm sure of it.

God fucking damn user that was brutal

For some reason the japanese think that only a brother is capable of that level of love towards a female family member. Apparently no father in the entire history of japan has given even a single shit about his daughter(s)

Or they just enjoy siblings incest more than father-daughter.

Reminder that there's a robot with the flower in this, hope you like giant singing statue ladies.

Out of curiosity, when did Taro say he hates Papa Nier?

>how much weaker it makes the narrative.
Explain.

A father's love for his daughter is so much more interesting than NIISAN! I LOVE YOU!

Why are Japanese game presentations so shit?

random female literally who blabbing about nothing and constant talking over gameplay.

Standard CEs like the witcher 3 and DaS3 ones? Come on. CEs are shit. Most of the money goes for useless boxes, and artwork and soundtrack that you can find online anyway. I was under the impression people bought it to support the game developers and company. If you want the figure that much 250 is nothing. At least you won't buy shit you don't really need if it's that expensive, right?

Oh shit it's the fun police, we better bail you guys!

Moodmakers, Japs like females acting all innocent and helpless.

The brother fits better, the time skip for example has more impact when you realise he's gone from a naive teengager to an adult instead of a middle aged man into a slightly older middle aged man.

That's funny because Dragon Quest V was one of the first games where you played as a Father.

Your argument holds no water. Brother Nier was a deliberate choice because his character arc fits the story since the story was built around it. He wants to fuck Yonah about as much as Father Nier wants to but you retards all pretend he's some fucking incest crazed pervert when Yoko Taro literally made that type of shit a core of Drakengard because of how much he hated it.

You know what? Yeah, Father Nier wants to fuck Yonah. He wants to fuck his daughter's tight pussy. If you guys can be willfully ignorant, so can I.

All the side material is written with Brother Nier.
The romantic elements between Kaine and Emil fit better.
The parallel arc between NieR and Gideon both being siblings driven to a mad quest for revenge is lost.
The parent-child dynamic between Devola and Popola is lost.
The fact lengths at which Brother NieR went to try and keep Yonah alive is lost.
The slow realization that NieR is beginning to resent his sister as much as loves her.
The timeskip actually serving a purpose in the grand scheme of things.
NieR's nativity turning into cold hard bitterness.
Little touches lost all over

Yeah, I to rather wish to have boring E3 presentations were the only spew lies.

>there are seriously people who prefer Weeb Nier to Father Nier

Western gameplay presentations are pretty shitty too. Mostly because the games are bad and they try to hype up mechanics and features that you know are worthless.

Want to be fucked by one and want to fuck the other while kaine watches.

I like both Niers but Replicant deconstructs JRPG clichès by turning the young and optimistic Nier into a scarred and shade slaughtering anti hero. The time skip is much less subtle and leaves a big impact. Also due to being the Nier that has been made first, the most popular in Japan and Taro's favorite, he got more side material on Grimoire Nier. Brother Nier is not to throw away or be dismissed.

On the other hand Papa Nier is an adult man going old as a JRPG protagonist, and he is in touch with his emotions, talks about adult things, shows that you can be stubborn even if you are older and more experienced... Plus, he is old and ugly, but both Kainé and Emil are still in love with him, it's very touching and in tone with the series.

They are both good for different reasons. But I am sad Papa gets the shaft, even if he was born as a marketing strategy he was interesting in a Japanese games context and very original.
Plus he DID make Western players feel more connected to the story, as shown by many "I prefer the father/daughter" dynamic comments.

The problem is the price markup could be BECAUSE of that figure for some reason, and if it includes those artbooks/novels/stage CDs, that's the only way of owning those weird side-materials that have story stuff on them.
And standard CEs are half the price, even if they include some massive 30cm figure or whatever, along with containing a select soundtrack/pity artbook.
Even if it was just 200 it'd be a bit more reasonable, but $250 is almost the full price for a PS4 console alone right now.

I'm sorry but I don't enjoy the story of a father raping his daughter whenever he comes hope to the point of mind break.

The fact that he uses his daughter to take the place of his wife is just terrible.

Father Nier holding Yonah on the bed while he rams her again and again and again. She's not so sick because of the Black Scrawl she's sick because of the physical abuse

He didn't. It's just that Bro Nier is the one he had in mind when he wrote the story. As much as I like Papa Nier he was kind of an afterthought.

It's almost like people could have different opinions. What nonsense.

You're there for the games, right? Best E3 is a day later when you can watch the standalone trailers/gameplay presentations and autism without the connective nonsense.

>lies
Even better, you skip the advertising fluff and get more unmolested gameplay.

>there are people who prefer Brother Nier to Papa Nier

Anyone else don't like how it's a character action game, yet it zooms out that far during the first part and it looks like a side scroller? I hope that doesn't happen that much.

>You know what? Yeah, Father Nier wants to fuck Yonah. He wants to fuck his daughter's tight pussy. If you guys can be willfully ignorant, so can I.

What the fuck are you babbling about? I meant love as in caring about what happens to the object of your love in the sense that you want the best for them. Nowhere did I say or even imply that he wants to fuck her. Love can include a sexual component, but that doesn't mean it always does.

I'm buying a new GPU just for this game.

as much as i enjoyed papa nier shit isn't canon
nobody named nier even exists anyway so why argue about it

No, I quite like it. At the beginning of the presentation it went a bit too far away but other than that it's perfect. In nier 1 it was good as well. It won't happen everytime don't worry.

Papa Nier held his mouth over Yonah's face. He could feel the tears streaming down but he didn't care. He was in the mood and this little girl was going to pay rent.

He knew knew no one in the village cared how he used Yonah because of the Black Scrawl she had, but it'd be inconsiderate if she yelled too loudly. Might wake some one up.

He'd forgotten how great his daughters vice like pussy felt. It'd been nearly a week since his last session.

why the fuck does A2 look exactly like a bitchier version of Yonah?

She looks like Zero if you want my opinion.

see

Are you butthurt that Brother Nier is the butt of incest jokes?

But how often? I just don't feel like a 2.5D view serves an action game like this, and yeah, it would probably better if it didn't go so far out, hopefully they'll change it.

ain't nobody got time for dying.

people juggle a family and a job and play games in the last hours of the night before having to get to bed so they can slave at work the next day.

last thing we need are hard boss battles

can i play this with my shitty pc?

>will only get one or two at release because notime
>surely it will the first one to go on sale

Looks great, can't wait for it to come out.

But man, why do the nips always have include some loud girl who overreacts to every little thing in these presentations?

It's being ported by Platinum. They got MGR to work on i3 processors. So maybe you will be able to.

>but Replicant deconstructs JRPG clichès by turning the young and optimistic Nier into a scarred and shade slaughtering anti hero.

He still looks like a young, typical JRPG protag with generic, "I want my little sister to be safe!" motivations that are shit and everywhere.

Who thought this garbage looked fun? Molding two completely uinlike genres (bullet hell + action) just doesn't fucking work. lmfao enjoy your delayed game, cuckstation holders!

Because it turns them on

B-but I loved that 2B used her foot!

Kind of. I'm annoyed because you've got people who haven't even played his version of the game and decided it was entirely INCEST focused when that sort of shit is a pet peeve of Yoko.

If they want to cry LE JRPG INCEST PROTAGONIST then I'll force Father Rapes his Sick daughter for pleasure because it's just as valid as what they're saying

It will happen in specific parts of the game and in different manners. I think they can handle it really well if they want to.

I wouldn't mind if it's not the usual action game.

Man, my sister's body can really take a beating!

It's not like guys like Papa Nier aren't everywhere in Western games.

There is no need to hate the Niers because in the end they are extremely similar characters. It's even implied Papa looked like Brother when he was young, in the DLC.

>with generic, "I want my little sister to be safe!" motivations that are shit and everywhere.

Meanwhile Father Nier is so deep in wanting to protect his personal fucktoy so it doesn't die and he doesn't have to pay for pussy anymore.

It's amazing. An entire quest about a horrible rapist father saving his daughter not out of love but just because he wants his piece of ass back.

>8:00

>That Remix

I AM IN LOVE

>there are seriously people who are so stuck in the cultural ghetto that they can't enjoy a story because muh weebishounen

>doesn't work
yes it does, cuck black man

I mean, the camera going up during the boss fight we saw for the bullet hell was awesome, I just hope they make the controls work well enough for the 2D parts.

Just stop, no one's biting.

I was able to play MGR so hopefully ill be able to play this. What engine are they using for this?

Controls looked as if they worked like a 2D game and quite well in the part we saw at least.

What? No one's biting like how Nier gave Yonah a black eye the first time she bit during their special time?

It's tough love but that's what parents are for.

stay mad kiddo. the gameplay is obtuse as hell. pay attention.

they've got months, they need to rework the gameplay systems or the game will be DoA, loved only by retarded weebs.

I don't believe it's their engine, since they're only handling the gameplay and it doesn't really look like theirs. I'm not sure of anything besides that.

>obtuse

oh so you're bad at videogames, retard

>Platinumfags will now shit up Nier/DoD threads

what did you mean by this?

Even worse, antiplatinumfags now shit up Nier/DoD threads

They haven't said anything about it, but I'm pretty sure it's the same one used in MGR.

Thanks for contributing to the quality of the thread then.

BIG, SMART BRAIN

did they really only announce the release date for jap only
can't wait to be spoiled jesus christ man

my only concern is how much development time / budget they gave this, recent platinum joints have been complete garbage mostly because of that reason.

>assblasted Platinumfags

2B dies not one but three different ways.
The fourth ending has entropy destroying the planet which could also count as death from a certain point of view.

I hope we get their outfits for 2B/A2.

>girl picks up the controller
>sucks for like 30 seconds
>then starts perfect parrying everything and playing with bullets up close

so this is the power of Japan

Platinum is only responsible for the combat, nothing else.

Cavia is responsible for the actual Nier development in terms of world, story, lore, music etc.

Can you blame them though? Yeah they are shallow but after seeing how in many Japanese games brother/sister dynamics are borderline incestuous, it's not farfetched to think Young Nier is in a similar situation. Sure it shows you don't know crap about how Yoko Taro deconstructs and corrupts JRPG tropes, but I doubt they are familiar with his work.
There is also the fact that who gets into Nier is probably trying to escape these JRPG tropes to begin with, so I can see why the initial disappointment with brother Nier exists. Imo this attitude is pretty stupid because after all the game is still the same, albeit with a little different view.

Plus this is Cred Forums and shit. Nobody can say their opinion without a hyperbole.

I personally loved Papa Nier and I don't think he is out of place. It's hard to find a game where a grown, older man is so sweet and caring to his friends. A JRPG with an older protagonist is a rare thing so I'm glad we got him, in the end.

Cavia doesn't exist anymore.

on the other hand I can't wait to be spoiled either because I like doing illegal things like knowing things before playing

I heard there's an automode?

The Cavia team does, just not in name. It's still the same people

Nioh?

What the fuck are you talking about

Why would Platinum join up with some random ass shitty rpg series?
like who has even played this shit?

Only reason literally anyone is paying attention to this is Platinum, not some literally who series that died a death with shit ratings.

I hope this doesn't tarnish Platinum's legacy by being bogged down in "RPG" shit. I would've preferred Rising 2.

>he typed as he smirked and chuckled to himself alone in his room

>Yakuza 0 - Feb 4th
>Ni-oh - Feb 9th
>Persona 5 - Feb 14th
>Nier Automata - Feb 22nd

ITS TOO MUCH

Don't forget console war faggots.

Most of their recent projects were with Activision, known for their 20$ budgets and super tight schedules.
Hopefully SE will behave differently, although I think a 6 month delay would do a lot of good to the game.

The amount of shitposting and falseflagging is going back to E3 levels of intensity, please, to the people that actually care about the game, have some dignity and self-control and ignore them.

No, it's not enough!

If you think Nier is "obscure" you only prove you've been here since before 2013. Nier was nonstop talked about as GOTYAY to the point mods had to delete the threads left and right

Stop showing your underage.

is he a ninja turtle?

What the fuck are you talking about?
I just don't see why a critically acclaimed dev that are consistently seen as the best in the business are teaming up with some guy who made a bunch of 4/10 and 6/10 rated RPGs.

Why would they go there instead of making Rising 2, Bayo 3 or going with some other series with similar acclaim to themselves? Like Persona or something.

Some weebs circlejerking on Cred Forums doesn't make it not obscure. Any relevant video games platform and consumer has not heard of this shit, especially with those review ratings.
Platinum are famous for being the best of the best.

Not him but where are you typing from? An orgy?
Why is being by yourself in your room when browsing the internet supposed to be offensive?

>Platinum are famous for being the best of the best.

(you)

Bayonetta is all they're known for. Rising is a spinoff only Metal gear fans care about and their licensed games are wayforward tier of notoriety.

Kamiya is legendary, Not Platinum. Get your facts straight.

Platinum games ratings avarage somewhere around the same 60-70s that Nier did. Nobody knows the studio except for people circlejerking about them on Cred Forums

Probably because platinum can only into action but cant into story so they just got the story from the series

Not him but I did exactly as I said in my post too. The difference was he said retarded shit for fun while I didn't.

Have a (you).

Your platinum dicksucking is Nintendrone tier

>implying
Metal Gear is one of the most famous video game series in history. A collab between that and Platinum was legendary and everyone has heard of it. It was voted GOTY by many and was a game to go down in history.
Fans of all games constantly have discussions about how good it would be to have a spinoff featuring Platinum.
Bayo was getting 9s and 10s across the board too. They are famous for their quality.

>liking a critically acclaimed, consistently amazing, legendary developer is now dicksucking
Really, nigger?

WEISS, YOU DUMBASS

Platinum are known for taking absolutely any job and make passable action games, that's about it

>Platinum are famous for being the best of the best.

Kosm we both know that ain't right. If it were they would have NO blemishes on their record, and yet..

>Anarchy Reigns
>Korra
>Dontebound
>Star Fox Zero

>Why would they go there instead of making Rising 2, Bayo 3 or going with some other series with similar acclaim to themselves? Like Persona or something.

Translation: I have no fucking clue how second party companies work

They don't /go/ to other people, Other people come to them. If atlus wanted Platinum/Persona they'd look into a deal, they obviously don't.

Not to mention Persona of all things? It's a turn based RPG series, Platinum is action based.

>platinum
>legendary

they made two good games and a bunch of average action titles

you might want to tone your fanboyism down a notch, your kind is the reason why platinum threads have kind of a reputation here

Open a fucking thesaurus and stop writing "legendary" into every second sentence, jesus fuck.

>Metal gear is one of the most famous video game series in history.

Um, No it's not.

MGS is legendary. only GMS fans care about anything after it. MGS2/3 Pw, and all that crap is only followed by fans who like the series. "Normies" as you call them don't care about anything but MGSV because of its marketing and open world, and the Original MGS on the Playstation for nostalgia.

MGS ain't no Call of Duty.

She will always be best girl. I'd seriously buy that black box edition, do it Square so I can have more room in my room taken up by useless game statues. I hope we get the game earlier than Japan. I'd rather not be spoiled unlike P5 whose story I'm not expecting much out of.

>It was voted GOTY by many

What, IGN? Metacritic? Your favorite youtuber?

WOW! It must be good if some people who get paid to write game reviews said it was! I'd better be a total sheep and eat up everything they say! om nom nom!

I want to tie Caim up and put a vibrator up his ass

Then clearly they should decline those who are below their status. It doesn't bode well when they could work on something much mroe fitting of more fitting of them.

It is a befitting term for a company that good.

This is blatantly false. MGS is world renowned and always ranks on the very top of games consistently by critics, journalists and fans alike. Same with Platnium.

Is this really the level of Nier fans? Is this the kind of person Platinum are now having to aim towards?
This is a fall from grace.

>people comparing this to MGR's stiff movement

You have to be fucking blind to not see the differences in design and controls

>Then clearly they should decline those who are below their status.

Good thing they're not you who clearly has an inferiority complex. Get that checked, along with your head.

None of their games actually sell well enough for them to reject offers. They use that chump change to fund stuff like this.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. You know the drill.

Ignore, Hide, report.

>Anti-X poster have ruined another good thread.

You people disgust me, everyone was having a nice time and then you had to come in and start shitting on the rug.

>It is a befitting term for a company that good.

No it isn't. It would befit Clover studios or Microprose or Westwood. Because they are fucking dead and we only have legends of them left. Expand your goddamn vocabulary.

I hate this trend of special editions with figures and all sorts of other bullshit that inflate the price. I just want the artbook, not all that other shit. Dark Souls 3 and Odin Sphere did this too, in recent memory.

More like psychotic shitposting in this case.

What do they do in it? Been forever since I read the translations

please kill yourself

Hates it so much he included him in the high school AU as a gym teacher that Kaine has a crush on?

Not to mention the fig will probably be Agnes-tier given the shitty prototype.

Has it been translated? I need this.

>Not wanting the OST

It's not the OST, it's a part of the live concert.

...Oh.

That's why this collector is shit. Only the artbook and the other book are worth it.

OST is fine I guess, but figures is just too much. I guess I could sell them though.

This is actually really interesting if you've followed all the recent Nier threads.

When a few days ago, the trailer that showed all the new characters was revealed, we had like 4 great threads reaching bump limit in a row, with barely any shitposting at all, and all discussion was about the story and characters.

Now, they release a gameplay trailer and, well, the thread speaks for itself. And I'm not trying to make it worse by pointing fingers, but if people want civil discussion, just ignore the shitposting and talk about the game.

>YOKO-SAN!

Well, there are people wanting and expecting this to be the usual action game so it's hard to talk about it.

North America better get that blacked edition. I want to get blacked!

Is that a remix of Nier's music playing?

Also, stop giving me fucking German street names, google

This game doesn't even look fun, why is there so much hype surrounding it? The first game looked more entertaining.

Anarchy had one of the best and most fun Mps I ever played. Such a big shame it died out in a fucking month.

>different artstyles for characters
Oh god, everyone's going to look weird when they stand next to each other. Atelier is even worse with this shit since the artists don't even try to emulate each other.

Yep, another Emil remix. Sounds pretty nice from what I could hear.

youtube.com/watch?v=V0Y5uKfJJqw
youtube.com/watch?v=WKUZwTqojIM

b8.

Beat em ups are not fun, and 3D Jap games in general are low quality unless produced by Japan Studio.

Killing wave after wave of trash mobs sure is fun. Nier looked like it had more of a fantasy setting than this.

I thought Yakuza was in January.

>beat em ups are not fun
That's just an onion. And Automata is different from the first nier anyway.

They are just showing the combat system in that video, the game won't be like that, silly.

It will be just like Nier. Slower pacing, pseudo-open world, exploration, towns, side quests, stuff like that.

One looks like she would have a great ass in that picture.

>Nier looked like it had more of a fantasy setting than this.
Nier had an industrial area full of robots too, don't judge the whole game from one location.

People here are so flabbergasted about people here that don't care so much about the combat system as they would.

People who like Taro's work are just happy that there will be a serviceable battle system now compared to his previous games.

>Nier looked like it had more of a fantasy setting than this.
Nier had an entire military base level and you went there 3 times.
Maybe you should actually play games instead of shitpost

I don't even care about the battle system after Drakengard 1, I'm here purely for Taro's bullshit and nothing else.

I was gonna play Nier but then it went up to like 40$ in aftermarket fuck that it's an old game and doesn't even look worth that much anymore.

So you admit that you were just shitposting after all? Goddamn. Talking like you know shit.

fuck someone beat me to it.

Yeah likewise, I don't give a fuck about the combat I'm just here for the story.

>doesn't even look fun
>Nier Looked like it had
I never once claimed to have played Nier

Even as a trustfund-babby NEET I don't have enough time for everything in February.
Christ almighty.

Maybe you should play games instead of shitposting.
Nobody gives a shit about what you think

>just realized the trailer with the release date said for Japan
W-we'll get it at the same time as them, right?

In b4 you can get it with dual audio + subs but the english subs fuck over the characters personalities and censor some of the dialogue :^)

You do have to aim it manually.

It can lock-on to enemies, but only when enemies are in lock-on range (i.e. roughly melee distance) anyway; and it scatters the shots wide making it a game of probability whether you hit.

In 3D mode you aim it like a TPS (it shoots center camera), in the 2D modes it uses a twinstick aiming, but it's definitely 100% confirmed to be "manual aim but you can also use lock-on when in range".

Interesting how we've seen concept art of all the shown characters except Emil.

Maybe they haven't actually shown the original Emil yet, just one of his copies.

I don't follow Square Enix that much, but I think they usually go for global releases on games like this.

Nier had a world-wide release of only a few day of difference depending on the country, but then Drakengard 3 was released like 4 months later after the Japan release, so it's hard to say for sure.

I'd say they will try to go for global release considering the game is getting quite a bit of popularity for better or worse, but the fact they haven't confirmed it already, probably means that they haven't decided yet.

I JUST WANT TO SEE HER ONE MORE TIME ;_;

That fucking Zero NTR doujin still blows my mind.

>still no doujins of Zero domming Kaine.

So those blind hoes have dicks, right?

That UI kind of reminds me of MGS3.

There's an attachment slot for a cock, does that count?

I'm flabbergasted by the people who looked at the combat system and saw shallow trash instead of one of Plat's better efforts, especially in the way it blends 2D and 3D together in a similar set of core mechanics.

I guess that's just DMC faggots who only like Bayo for the ways it tried to be exactly like DMC, though, since I know amazing combat systems like Transformers Devastation and TW101 also get comparatively little love around here.

But I wish those people wouldn't come into these threads and shit them up with whining about "SHALLOW WEEB TRASH" when the game looks pretty goddamn amazing (and I don't even care about the DoD series)

Robots don't have genitals.

Fucking google search

Google Image search has been shit for a long time

Yandex, my dear son.

I really like how smooth everything looks.

>Beat em ups are not fun
That's just your opinion
>Jap games in general are low quality unless produced by Japan Studio
Now that's just plain wrong.

Didn't they say they were going to show off more of the RPG side of the game? That means there must be more footage to come right?

Stop making these threads, Liam.

>Liam
Who?

?

>Didn't they say they were going to show off more of the RPG side of the game?

RPG
Really Pretty Girl
Didn't you see the statue?

Fuck off, Woolie.

FUUUUCK YOOOOU

WHAT

So why isn't Taro & his go-to music composer not recruited to SE yet? I'd love to see an experimental FF title with them involved.

It's a joke

the shit taro does will never fly in fujoshi fantasy

>Taro writing FF
Oh boy

>he haven't seen the newest trailer
>he didn't hear the newest song yet

What the fuck are you even doing here, go

Taro has blackmail material against a lot of higher ups in the gaming industry.

You know how he got Akihiko Yoshida to design Automata characters? He just casually spoke to the Cygames CEO and the guy immediately ok'd Taro's request.

Taro is the not-so-hidden master of the JP gaming industry.

>"You did it Cloud! You rode a Chocobo!"
>"459035874867 people are dead!"
>"But we had fun, didn't we?"

How does Drakengard 1 emulate? I was also gonna buy 3, and is 2 worth playing? No one ever talks about it.

Does Yoshida design Granblue characters? That would explain a ton about the character designs. And I know you're just joking, but I'd honestly like to believe what you said.

ugh thciker

God fucking damn

Minaba does them.

>How does Drakengard 1 emulate?
Horribly but good rigs can make it run.
>and is 2 worth playing? No one ever talks about it.
The only thing that 2 did well was Squeenix realising that it was Taro who made the first one sell and be talked about. It's literally the game that gave him auteur license, that's how bland it fucking is without him being the main writier.
But if you get attatched to Caim in 1, play it. It gives him closure and hella good closure at that.

decent
2 is the most generic jrpg that you can imagine
the third sometimes runs at 10 fps

Nah I was joking about the blackmail part. But he actually really did speak to the CEO of Cygames by himself to ask for Yoshida to design his Automata characters. The CEO was a big fan of Taro so he ok'd it.

It's in an interview somewhere.

>How does Drakengard 1 emulate

Fine you shouldn't experience slowdowns, but be warned it will look like shit no matter what you do

>and is 2 worth playing

Not really

>I was also gonna buy 3

Be warned the DLC for 3 has major plot points in it

Then what's so important about Yoshida? What does he design?
Of course I knew you were joking, but that's also really interesting at the same time.

Yoko Taro just has this unquestionable, puppy charm to him that makes him slowly but steadily become very well-known in the industry.

Sweet jesus

>Fucking thigh squad 1

We're reaching critical mass of best girl on multiple levels. This shouldn't be possible, yet the workings of an antisocial man in a skeleton mask spit in the face of such laws.

Jesus Christ I am excited for February. Can't believe I'll actually be buying games for my PS4 for once.

As in, Minaba does the art for GBF, Yoshida did the MCs for N:A.

Jokes aside, he really seems to have a very good reputation in Japan's industry despite not being a mainstream director. It's like japanese creators value him for doing whatever the fuck he wants.

I don't recall having any trouble emulating with a decent PC.

2 wasn't made by Yoko Taro and it really shows in terms of story.

It is kinda funny in a way that he has a lot of fans in the industry itself, but it seems like they don't want to be latched to his craziness to produce a game.

Well yeah, but what does Yoshida do at Cygames I meant.

It's understandable. He's that quiet friend that is great company and can drink like a goddamn camel. You just know getting involved with him will lead to two things: greatness and a huge hole in your pocket.

I'm glad they throw money at him every now and then, even if they don't expect a return of the investment.

A Taro game would place you at the perspective of a soldier of the opposing enemy in FF games stealing crystals for whatever reason you believed was more righteous. It could work.

Are we actually expecting a happy ending? I know he said that but...

Go look up the original reveal trailer and make a list of all the names working on the game. Then go and look at the work of each name on that list.

That's why people are excited. One of the best character artists, composers, crazy directors, and gameplay mechanic bosses has combined to make the ultimate game development team.

The day that Taro gets to write and FF game is gonna be the day everything changes in JRPGs.

That would be a sight to see really.

>You will never go out drinking with Devola and Popola.