That one level or area you love best of all

That one level or area you love best of all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rIe_9yKx-lo
youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5SdMaQ0Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=Fp4VvJl20wQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bcJa5AOMoG0
youtube.com/watch?v=i_0G6WPuss4
youtube.com/watch?v=eOMEaAqHRrA
youtube.com/watch?v=uHQZNNajxOk
youtube.com/watch?v=J0F3OGodvRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4rWmSMN0fmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One of my favourite games.

Amazing OST right there.

Not to be confused with the last stage in Origins

This is the only game that ever made me feel like I was really hanging out with friends.

all memes aside I really like balmora

excellent taste OP

youtube.com/watch?v=rIe_9yKx-lo

they be mad

The fuck is this? Rayman 3?

Metro station escape level is probably my favourite alongside that one

I love that game

I prefer this:

youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5SdMaQ0Dk

my turf

youtube.com/watch?v=Fp4VvJl20wQ

Crash Team Racing
N.Gin Labs

Fuck yeah.
If only the sequel did better.

>sequel

Wasni't it a prequel or a reboot?

>Wasni't it a prequel or a reboot?
Technically it's a reboot. Entirely different universe and backstory.

I think it was a reboot. Couldnt really tell being that cutscenes didnt work on pc.

Yeah, reboot. I still call it a sequel because I don't care enough.

>that fucking music

In Catalyst, Faith is a lot younger than she was in original Mirror's Edge (she is like 18 or something) seeing as literally starts being released from a juvie. Which makes some people think it's a prequel.
But in reality, she is an entirely different character in an entirely different world. It's a different city, different history, different characters, different technologies, everything.

I just bought the damn game. It's not bad, but MAN does it fail to improve on what made the original so great. They even fucked up the music. How could they fuck up the god damn music?!

youtube.com/watch?v=bcJa5AOMoG0

First time in the game you do something big. And music is epic.

Is it really that bad?

It wasnt bad it was just short and the advertisement campaign was abysmal

>Is it really that bad?
It's not bad.
It's just not great in absolutely any respect either. It's a sort of a clueless stumble upon a formula that more-or-less works, but nobody knows how to really profit from it.

youtube.com/watch?v=i_0G6WPuss4

Nah.
One step forward, one step back. Personally worth investing a few hours in and maybe $20, but I regret paying $60 for it.

this. I bought it for $60 and definitely didn't get my money's worth. Even after doing all the side missions that aren't boring as fuck + main story, I only clocked in about 12 hours.
Not a bad game but it definitely isn't worth $60.

hopefully Dishonored 2 can top this

Today Op wasn't a faggot

Good Teir taste, that level is just pure fun

Playing it right now for the first time (got it of the recent promo deal for 15 euro), I can see they did not get any fundamental thing wrong, but they really fucked up so much of the little details. The environmental design and art direction is off, the music is completely dull and uninspired, what little subtlety was there to the story is gone... It's a shame, and none of that makes it a bad game or not fun to play, but it does completely lack that awe-inspiring mood of the previous game.

Also, who ever thought that in runner side missions, the mission is automatically over and the game pauses once you run out of time was a fucking idiot who forgot that learning the map ahead and figuring out a better PATH is absolutely vital to being succesfull in races here.

What game and level is this?
It looks really familiar

Mirror's Edge

>open map
>see this
>what

I enjoyed getting lost inside though.

i doubt anyone will recognize this, but bridge too far from bc2:modern combat was my shit.

I hated how you werent allowed to go upstairs. Wouldve been so cool. But no, the stupid guard tells you you cant.

Pretty much nailed it there. They didn't fuck up anything big, but every little detail instead.
Also man the combat is awful youtube.com/watch?v=eOMEaAqHRrA

Thankfully, I didn't buy the game and pirated the soundtrack.

Holy shit, 5 hours of just mediocre ambient music.

How did Solar Fields fuck up so bad?

I actually just turned the music off and play soundtrack to the first game in the background as I play... Improves things considerably.

Easily the best level in the entire series

To be fair, the music sounds a lot like his earlier works prior to Mirror's Edge.
It's more what he used to sound like, but I don't think that was awfully popular and I can see why it doesn't fit the game series as well.

spoiler fail

Is it?

>mfw that story about testers who wouldn't go upstairs because the guard told them not to so they got stuck
Fucking amazing

This fucking level right here.

Too lazy to find a really good pic, but Chapter 9 of Ninja Gaiden Black - The Military Supply Base.

Just that whole feeling of going in that base and fucking everyone's shit up while that awesome music plays. And the soldiers I've always found to be the most fun enemies to actually fight. Hell yeah, motherfucker.

I got stuck for so long in that goddamn rock and it happened every fucking time I replayed the game.

I know there's not a whole lot of content in Ash Lake, but I love it all the same.

>not Two Betrayals

I know that this is not the best level by far, but still this and Snowman's Land are the one's of which I have the best memories

Flotsam was great.

>mfw was just about to post this

I'm tied between this and Assault.

good taste

>2009/2010
>11th or 12th grade
>big math test starting soon
>family computers don't support modern games
>only played UT99 and Halo CE for the past two to three years
>someone installed COD4:MW on one of the school computers
>reaches this mission and leaves computer
>sit down and start the mission
>blown away by EVERYTHING
>shivering from excitement
>leave after the long range shot because math test
>put the game on my "to play" list

Eventually played it on the family laptop, which was basically a slideshow. It would be smooth only if I looked down at my feet, so that's how I progressed most of the game.

My fucking nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=uHQZNNajxOk

Thanks for posting the coolest part of mirrors edge

Atrium- ag here

>the music
youtube.com/watch?v=J0F3OGodvRQ

IMO Catalyst is fantastic in every matter except for plot. The characters and voice acting are miserable, the plot is cliche and uneventful, and it was too short with a huge letdown of an ending.

But the gameplay, combat, music, graphics and atmosphere are just as good -or even better- than the original. I have 80 hours in it already and most of that is just running about or replaying missions because it's just that good and fun. I really regret paying $60 for it on release though, it's down to $40 now. I really hope that there'll be a sequel and they hire more competent writers this time, that plot was so abysmal but everything else makes up for it. It just doesn't make for good story-driven replayability.

Atlantis in the PS1 game had such a great atmosphere
youtube.com/watch?v=4rWmSMN0fmo

time trials DLC is great