You now remember that sony shut down the studio that made fucking WIPEOUT

You now remember that sony shut down the studio that made fucking WIPEOUT. .

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-03-22-sony-confirms-closure-of-evolution-studio
steamcommunity.com/games/473770/announcements/detail/611748592052679670
steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=473770&browsesort=mostrecent§ion=readytouseitems&actualsort=mostrecent&p=3
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=714072377
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's no F-Zero so who cares.

You now remember Sony shut down the studio that kept the playstation network relevant during 6th gen.

me

Yeah it sucks, formula fusion is far from finished.

Maybe check out redout.

Oh hey I brought that up in another thread before. I'll never forget, sony...

>you will never play Extreme-G again
fuck... wipeout is shitty slippery no fun game, EG was just pure fast fun with weapons. this is the greater tragedy here.

>he sucked too much to be able to play wipeout properly

i miss wipeout so much.

there's this steam game in production called redout or something like that which i've been following but..years of letdown have made me all too cynical about reboots/spiritual successors and the like.

I want to believe..I just want wipeout back.

Maybe if you fuckers bought the damn games...

actually did.
twice. due to switching account. so shut the fuck up.

The Vita wipeout game was good, the vita was just a flop.

>sony makes them make a game for a flop ass console
>game doesn't sell well
>shutter the studios

not fair.

Nigga Redout is out, and from the looks of the reviews, it's pretty good. If you want an authentic Wipeout game, then try out BallisticNG, it's an Open Source gravgame.

Wipeout 2048 was kind of lame.

>30fps wipeout
>good

no

It was OK. Even one of the worst Wipeouts is still a pretty good game.

Redout is released, from what I've heard it's pretty good but the track selection leaves a bit to be desired

There's BallisticNG which in gameplay and aesthetics is pretty much a fan-made version of the PS1 Wipeouts that's on Steam for free right now if you want to give it a go, it's making progress.

Slipstream GX which plays kinda like Wipeout HD is pretty much developing at a snail's pace, it shares some devs with the above. Last demo released two years ago.

No idea what Formula Fusion is like now, but apparently it needs a lot of work.

That's all I know of when it comes to other anti-gravity vidya.

Should we add Sony London now or wait till they are formally shut down after VR Worlds launches.

Poor San Diego getting a fate worse than death becoming a Baseball Factory only.

why is BallisticNG a slideshow on my machine? it's not a great PC, but it can run most modern PC games at high. It can't run BallisticNG with low settings in a tiny window?

You don't need to remind me, user. I always remember. And I'm still bitter about it too.

If Sony hadn't shut them down we'd probably be looking at a 4k (dynamic res most likely but still there sometimes) 60fps Wipeout on PS4P, and probably some kind of VR thing as well.

Mad as fuck.

play some Fast Racing NEO

Besides EA, has any other company shut down as many studios as Sony? I mean, I guess it's a good sign that they have so many studios that they can shut so many down and still have plenty, but still.

Evolution is next

The best Wipeout game was 30fps

The only studio worth a damn in that picture is Incognito.

so you don't like the PSX entries, user?

Let's be fair here. Almost every studio that Sony shut down fucked up hardcore. Look at Zipper; all they had to do was polish Socom 2 but they kept fucking it up over and over again.

Liverpool/Incognito were the only studios that got fucked over by Sony.

Criterion is shit senpai

Japan studios next

>GR2 gets good reviews and fan approval but low sales
>Tomaya fired
>Ape Escape sold to Nintendo
>AE4 is a reality and Spike gets in Smash.

There's no F-Zero anymore either, so we all lose either way.

What's with all the big good series dying?

no, wipeout hd was 60

good for their time, haven't aged well

>>AE4 is a reality and Spike gets in Smash.
then gets nerf to hell with a much more awkward representation than whoever along with it

then gets a shitty spinoff/non-faithful main title because muh "transformation" with the sales manager saying it'll die if it doesn't sell past 250k units in it lifetime

>Japan studios next

nah, Bloodborne did good, and theres supposedly a new ps4 from game in the making

>PSX

Japan Studio won't go anywhere just on the basis they're often used as codemonkeys on heavy hitters like Bloodborne.

XL is better than Barrell Roll HD

I sure as fuck do and that's the exact reason I will never buy another Sony product or support Sony in any way at all if possible.

Zone was the best shit

There wasn't any wipeout games on the PSX user. The PS1 games were pretty good though

>not replacing smash samus with a giant Samus from MP:FF
or are you one of those same memers blaming a fictional character over the co-creator of the series

>the last futuristic racing game to come out wasn't wipeout or f-zero
>it was an indie game on the wii u
Why do I even bother living anymore?

What game?

I wish SOCOM would get a proper game instead of 4. 4 was so bad it fucking brought zipper to close down for good.

And now Sony is doing NOTHING with the series. not even a PS2 release with workable online modes or at least LAN support.

Fast Racing Neo

> yfw winning a race at phantom speed for the first time

Redout came out a week ago.

>You'll never play a new Medievil game
>or Legend of Dragoon

Shit, man. Developers always sit on a whole bunch of IPs and never do anything with them. At least the Shadow of the Beast reimagining came out of nowhere and ended up being really good.

>Phantom Elite
>+4 seconds in the green
I probably should stop playing video games when even that is trivial.

>win with 11%

Why didn't I hear about this game until this thread?

Because it's shit

Yeah, fuck sony, I can't believe they did this.
I still play 2048 and HD. Fuck I STILL play Special Edition
What the fuck is wrong with them? They have so much shit studioswho deserves to be killed

>Special Edition
You're cool you know that unless you support ass faggots

>I still play 2048
How? It's not like there's a racebox you can entertain yourself with.

More like you have shit taste.

Not him but there are A+ races though, the game is enjoyable even when finished. Racebox would have been extremely swell though.

Nah, it's just shit.

This. Everytime I try to play Wipeout, I just realize it's not F-Zero GX and I should go play the superior game instead.

F Zero has a completely different handling model to classic and modern Wipeout though, and they all have their merits.

I could say the same about GX. Despite that, GX was one of the few games I owned on my gamecube, that thing was such a waste of money for me.

>Nah, it's just shit.

Excellent criticism, you should be a professional reviewer.

I feel the same, Wipeout is the most stylish racing game ever. It's a crime that we miss out on playing it in 4K/VR

I know right, I should probably send out my papers to gamespot and IGN.

>zone mode
>slightly nudge a barrier
>start smashing around like a pinball

>incapable of enjoying more than one game in a genre

How does it feel to be on the autism spectrum?

Wait, why is Rayman considered dead?
Also who's the red-haired guy underneath Venom Snake?

Not my fault the handling in Wipeout is shit while GX got it spot on.

git gud

>GX got it spot on
No, just no. I always get put off by the awful controls and handling of GX.

Reminder you are a cuck if you didn't drive #TeamPiranha
>best speed
>best acceleration
>utterly garbage controls
>shit shields
YOLO

Hey guys, can I join in?

You're either trolling or retarded. Wipeout HD is a massively polished version of GX when it comes to controls. GX feels like a hand holding simulator in comparison.

Get good you slow faggot

They both have completely different controls though, it's improper to directly compare them.

Why is it that every time someone tries to make a WipEout thread, F-Zero fans burst out of the wood works and start throwing shit around?

Wipeout requires a lot more skill IMO but GX is probably better with friends.

Reminder AG Systems was god tier.

Don't worry Formula Fusion is coming along nicely.

Its not wipeout but goddamnit its fucking close (it models itself after wipeout 3 but I prefer 2097's physics) - big patch coming at the start of october as well.

store.steampowered.com/app/473770

Given the WOHD version of piranha had shit acceleration and shit handling but massive top speed and very powerful shields the ship you are describing doesn't exist.

They get violently angry when its obvious wipeout is the superior series.

Someone didn't play Wip3out or the Special Edition

>Shit shields

At least in post-Fusion Wipeout, they only had this trait in 2048

Their shields are actually second only to Triakis, which that team was actually a very popular pick in Pulse since they not only accelerated slower but also lost speed slower

Did it sell that bad really?

*Pure

Funny little bug too

>formula fusion

I want to play wipeout, not redout/f-zero: early access edition.

Sony forced them to make a Vita exclusive, which more than anything else is what crippled 2048.

So yes.

Formula Fusion is horrible

The queer thing is, with the recent influx of "futuristic racing games", only BallisticNG manages to hit the spot perfectly whereas all the other "WipEout clones" like Formula Fusion and Redout fail miserably.

I thought it was awesome, challenging as fuck but still fun. I spent hours trying to beat Zico, even after looking at guides on where to boost etc.
Zone mode was insane.

rerelease it on the ps4 and i'll buy it again at full price

Burgers didn't buy the games because wipeout - primarily from the first game - has a reputation for brutal difficulty.
WARNING: some viewers may find pic related offensive so viewer discretion is advised.

The only upcoming futuristic racing games that matter are ballisticNG and GRIP.

Readout is phenomenal. There's 4 areas, but quite a bit of varied tracks.

wipeout - anti grav racing
f-zero - bars of soap sliding around wacky courses

Evolution was already shut down earlier this year.

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-03-22-sony-confirms-closure-of-evolution-studio

Codemasters picked up the studio though. They still exist, but they're not Sony owned anymore..

>AG Systems
yes

yes

>try to beat that mexican faggot
>every single time I fail by a fraction of a seconds fraction
>pick Qirex HD to cool off a bit
>beat his time by 4 seconds on the first lap
I just don't understand

>yfw bling brigade trophy

FUN FACT: he set a faster time post release of the game than what the challenge calls for.

But SL literally did nothing wrong, it's Sony's fault for not shilling the Vita properly

How did HD sell? Each time I look at my times ranking in the 1000s despite being bad overall, I get mad.
This really isn't fair.

The only reason I know Wipeout even exists is because I got HD Fury for free after the PSN outage.

I know. Piranha is shit though. All the ships are shit aside for Qirex. Qirex is love, Qirex is life.
The antique Tigron Bull model was kinda cool in Pure though.

You quoted the wrong guy but yes Qirex a best
I wish their Fury ship design was better though

Is this getting more content still

Wipeout was so good man.
At first I played the campaign. I got pretty good. Then I played online and No one could beat me.

Is it too hard for most people?

Yups.

steamcommunity.com/games/473770/announcements/detail/611748592052679670

Bravo Sony

No, I didn't. I was pointing out that Piranha is shit and that's why the achievement is hard for me.

You're right, my mistake

Wipoeut is balls hard for most people because you have to act before you see something to actually go fast around the courses. If you brake when you see a corner at phantom class its already too late.

Damn that looks nice

Wiw that was fast. Nintendrone insecurities ove Sonyggers is a strong thing

In a sea of weeaboo shit and indie garbage, this game shone through like the northern star on a night sky.

I love BallisticNG, it's retro done right. They were thinking about merging BallisticNG with Slipstream GX and have a "classic" and "Future" mode in the game, where the classic was like the PS1 WipEout games and future mode was like Pure, Pulse and HD.

Yet Polyphony are allowed to take fucking years and constantly delay Gran Turismo while Kaz goes racing or makes japan-only satnav shit. Bravo.

>In a sea of weeaboo shit
Kek, I hope you never notice some details on the ships and maps.

Incognito didn't "die." They just changed to that studio themselves. Sony didn't do shit to them.

You mean the japanese text on the ships and the street signs/billboards?

>b-but Zelda Cycle
>le DooM 4 is bad meme
>not adding nu-ashnime for Pokemon
>le zero suit killed Metroid meme
>no SMR Mario
>no Skylanders Crash
>Boom Sonic when Mania/2017 was announced
>DmC Dante when DMC4SE exists
>no Dad of War Kratos (inb4 triggered NGBfags)
>implying Rayman hasn't gotten better since Legends/Origins
what a retarded outdated image

stuff like Douk and SFZ Fox is correct (though Guard was pretty good), listening to 64 nostalgiafags was a big mistake

lol, people still arguing over A+GX and Wipeout

good times

Rayman, Halo, Doom & DmC were alright you faggot memer.

SSGX is dead though.

Because all the development is focusing on BallisticNG.
I read up on the zone that they were thinking of merging the two games at a later date.

>tearing shit up on time trial, phantom class
>final lap
>die after bumping into a wall just before the finish line
>mfw

>Halo 5: BLACKED
>DmC
>alright
stop

Did you know that ballisticNG also has the option for wipeoutHD like physics (including pickup absorbing and side shifting)? Press 2280 on the main menu to activate (and deactivate) it.

2280 mode has its own leaderboards.

BNG and SSGX share at least three devs

I can't wait for this game to get a full HD graphics treatment.

Gonna be sexy as fuck

I own it, and I try to play it. But fuck it's pretty wonky game overall and hard to master.

Last time I played online I lost everytime and I consider myself pretty decent. Of course this was in 2016 and there were only two people playing online. I was always a couple seconds behind

You don't like video games. Just admit it. you just like jerking off to your own bullshit superiority complex on the internet.

Never going to happen - the main dev explicitly went with the ps1 graphic look (it even has the texture wobble the ps1 is infamous for!). Said texture wobble is disabled in the webm because I dislike it.

Damn. Guess Redout will have to do.

it you want it so badly, just ask.

The problem with SFZ isn't 64 nostalgia

you, I like you. No one ever gives zone credit, it's singlehandedly the most fun time trial format

>zone zeus

Off the top of my head it works out that you have to do a minimum of 20 perfect zones to have enough shield to actually complete the challenge.

It's not hard doing perfect zones on the lowest speeds. Syncopia is probably the easiest track for it. The supersonic section fucks me up a lot though, everything's just black

Is it possible to love WO and F0?

GX is okay

You now remember they're funneling that money towards talentless hacks like David Cage

AG Systems, innovating victory.

yes, only assholes disregard a game because they enjoy a competitor's product

F-Zero X is nice

Nope, in this world you're either a Nintoddler or a Sony Brony.

not him, honestly Zero only need more levels, more railshooting, and a better gimmick. (see: S&P2's wii remote controls)

also online multiplayer and leaderboards, but whiny star fox fans or autists like Cody think the entire series will stay alive if they stay stuck in the past during when arcade-y railshooter were super-popular.

rehashing Star Fox 64 forever isn't gonna cut it

yeah, who actually hates the former/latter because the other is likely inferior?

thats not how you spell Auricom

Yes, they're both good for different reasons.

That's a good thing? I must be missing some economic classes

Yes. Wipeout is a sci-fi anti-gravity racing sim (yeah, I know, weapons, but that's just a distraction), and F-Zero is just balls out speed junkie food with bonkers mechanics.

>not the Flyin Hawaiians

That being said, their games are among the best sellers regardless of fans' criticisms. So, obviously they give them more leeway.

Yes, certainly. Both are good series.

I wish my flatmate wasn't so much of a fucking F-Zero X fanboy though. Jesus.

>Playing HD/Fury on Phantom
>"lol look how slow and floaty this shit is!"
>He then gives it a try
>Keeps hitting the walls and shit

Because GT sells insanely way.

Are you trying to sell me this game?

Cos it's working.

well*

redout>>>>>ballisticNG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>formula fusion

Speaking of BallisticNG, I think I remember hearing you can import the tracks from the PSX games if you have the disc/ISO. Anyone knows if they spoke about eventually adding the same thing for Pure/Pulse? I know there was someone adding the ships via Steam Workshop, but I'd love to see tracks, too.

>sell

The game promotes itself. Plus its free to download and the dev says the game will always be free. Hell some people on the steam forums were offering to make music for the game for free as long as they get their names in the credits.

As of right now you can only import the craft from the first 3 games. Some dude has made a download on steam workshop for a bunch of the pure craft (I really like their handling model).

Relevant links:

steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=473770&browsesort=mostrecent§ion=readytouseitems&actualsort=mostrecent&p=3

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=714072377

The subtle difference is that wipeout craft are powerboats that float whereas F-zero craft are planes that hover.