What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ypUz1WYens
pastebin.com/0UAfZEUm
kotaku.co.uk/2016/09/16/sony-boss-on-no-mans-sky-it-wasnt-a-great-pr-strategy
youtube.com/watch?v=qBTWtOqyrQQ
twitter.com/NoMansSky
youtu.be/Lbfw1NPt_YI
reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lying to costumers isnt a gr8 strategy, I agree with that

Then why does it always work?

bcuz PC cuks IQ must be negative

Because people are gullible, mindless sheep.

Not Cred Forums though. Cred Forums was right all along.

>Sony just throwing Sean under the bus after the game sold on hype and they got all the money they will ever get from it

That is so scummy holy shit. I mean both are, but shit, this is why Sony is garbage

PC cucks doesnt mean all pcs gamers btw dnt get trigered

lol
If they ever get around to making DLC for this game, will there be anyone left playing to buy it?

HDR
HDR
HDR
HDR
HDR
HDR
HDR

>Nobody streams the game anymore

Lmao.

dumb faggot deserves it for pandering to sony in the first place

But user, No Man's Sky sold best on Playstation 4.

Sony washed their hands and condemned the jesus of conmen.

i dunno, i think lower education has something to do with it

Because there're always 15 years old kids who'll buy anything that was hyped and won't bother to check if the devs fucked up before.

bcuz on PS4 you cant get refunds

>jason schreirer
fuck off OP
still trying to be relevant?

youtube.com/watch?v=5ypUz1WYens

Because most of the gaymers are gullible idiots.

you'd have to be a retard to buy a game and not be able to get a refund if it's broken/not what was promised.

It's honestly retarded how people are so unaware how sony pushed for this game. No one is giving them heat for basically shilling the game and propping it up.

>pandering

They funded after that flood wiped his shit.

>Sony says "Sean was a massive lying faggot"
>Somehow retards interpret this as "Sony being garbage"

Holy hell, today I see the day where having actual ethics makes a company garbage.

>It wasn't a great PR strategy
But it was. They managed to sell a shitty """game""" far beyond what it should had. It's not even like as if it was any notably different from any standard marketing campaign.

As if there was an alternative to Trump

((((funded))))

What the fuck has Sean been doing this whole time? He kept tweeting like a fucking faggot about his indie trash game then instantly went quiet once all hell broke loose. Can he even go outside without getting looks from people? Does he just have food delivered to his mansion?

Because as publisher, they should have the insight to slap his shit. They just let him do whatever and ride the waves of hype, but now they are washing their hands because of the negative backlash.

Its like an annoying child and a parent who never corrects them

so... can you get refunds on ps4?

>Market and manage the PR for the game yourself
>Literally provide Sony PR people to help shill the game
>Collect the money from the sales of the game
>Then put 100% of the blame on the indie dev and blame him for what you were doing

Sure is actual ethics.

Jesus christ you go day by day not thinking Sonyggers are a real thing and then you see one right here.

Yeah you can totally believe what your favorite corporation tells you man. I'm sure a company like Sony that tends to micromanage in their game companies had no idea he wasn't going to deliver by the release date.

Because Sean did all the big PR and all the hype was based around the bullshit he constantly spewed

>Say that your own PR campaign was bad
>But somehow manage to shift the blame

Bravo Sony.

that's an understatement if i ever heard one.

Companies don't have "actual ethics" you naive faggot.

He's been busy adding all the missing content.

I've seen interviews of trump from the 80s that convinced me he isn't an idiot, Sean's never said an intelligent thing in his life.

Literally "at least we're not Sean Murray"

I see Sony is still using the same marketing tactics from three years ago, and remastering the same games from that time as well

Thats how sony works and this is coming from someone who owns a PS4

Sony literally had PR people with Sean coaching him for all interviews and public appearances.

>"He's saying a bunch of bullshit that will never happen, should we stop him?"
>"No no, this will be great for launch sales! Encourage him!"

>"He's about to let slip that an Xbone version is in development"
>"SHUT IT DOWN!"

So ethical.

It was Sean Murray's fault, he promised to Sony that he could deliver yet be blatantly lied. He also blatantly lied to consumers.

Blaming Sony is just asinine, but I'm not sure why I was expecting intelligence from Cred Forums.

So xboxers won this round?

>Kotaku
>Sony
>NMS

How much cancer a thread can be?

>Blaming Sony for something they did is asinine

>even Sony was blindsided by Murray

Phew, you got me good, I'll admit it. Thank god you were baiting.

And people still insit this palce is Nintendogaf when we have people who defend Sony for free

They obviously werent, its just damage control on their part.

It all depends on who lied when.
If sony said "Promise EVERYTHING" then they're at fault
If they didn't tell him to lie but knew he was lying, they should've stepping in and 'managed the message'
If he lied to everyone and they didn't realise until literally too late, then that's his fault (but you would've hoped that sony would have checked some of the claims).

That's fucking insane. I'd love to see the figures for refunds.

well he sure fooled a lot of sony cucks

To be fair, the game box shenanigans kinda point to that direction, if sony knew it was all bullshit, there is no reason for the change.
Sony totally overhyped the game tho' so fuck them

aswell as pc :(

bnecuase sonycucks r stupid to buy bad game

>muffled Komm Susser Tod playing in the distance

So why did Sony (the ones who paid for the marketing)let it fly?

Sounds like damage control to me.

>And people still insit this palce is Nintendogaf
Not people. Sonyponies. Deflection is a classic Sonypony technique.

Because the hype was too big, and since its just a shitty indie company Im pretty sure they made a neat little day one profit even though they did fund and market it.

You used to be able to

>Blaming Sony for something Sean Murray did is asinine

There, fixed that for you my dude. I know you're just baiting but I went ahead and fixed it in case anyone thought you were being serious.

Because a large percentage of gamers have the maturity of an 11 year old girl when the newest Twilight movie comes out.

What if the truth is that they couldn't get it running on the weak ass ps4 and were forced to create parity between the ps4 and pc version?

He's most likely a literal nigger, don't get so worked up.

They paid money and marketed the fuck out of the game with literal E3 spots and probably the expensive as fuck bullshot trailers, they also didn't tell him any different and allowed it to spiral out of control and even encouraged the price hike. They're complicit as fuck

Nu-male, please.

Yeah, probably. Unfortunately it's probably the last time they'll be getting any money that's not from a shitty mobile game (back where they belong).

>Companies don't have ethics
Oh man, he really got me there. I completely forgot that as soon as someone becomes CEO, they automatically lose all ethics they previously had and become money-hungry demons willing to kill a child for a little extra cash. Man, I was such a literal nigger for assuming companies could have any ethics whatsoever.

Good damage control. I would have thrown Sean under the bus too, especially since he's seemed to of run away. If he kept some kind of presence it wouldn't be so easy to just blame him entirely.

>trying to turn this on sony after they called out on sean murrays bullshit
>meanwhile microcucks gladly blame peter molyneux for all the shit he said instead of calling out on microsofts bullshit marketing strategy
Thats not even mentioning how they covered inafune "the con man" tracks by hiding the atrocious two minute loading times. Fucking hilarious.

>pay tons of money to shill a game
>game is bad

"Man Sean shouldn't have lied like that!" *wheelies away on solid gold ATV*

>b-but MS

every time. Besides, this would be equivalent of MS calling out Molyneux or Inafune, which they havent and probbaly wont because they dont need to damage control.

I can't believe that Sonyggers are so fucking dumb. I refuse to believe that they just shut their eyes to this bullshit.

Have the devs commented on NMS's bad reception?

Anybody who buys hype for any game is an absolute fucking retard. I learned my lesson after Twilight Princess ended up being shit.

At this point it would take an F-Zero and Redline crossover game to get me actually hyped for anything.

Except Sony has literally said he made this moves on his own without a PR person

Honestly I'll be fucking amazed if Sean isn't sued. He literally lied about massive features like multiplayer, STILL hasn't admitted they aren't in the game even when it's been fucking proved, and has gone silent instead of addressing his lies

>b-b-but sony
every time

Molyneux is literally microsofts sean murray. the only difference is microsoft doesnt call out molyneux's bullshit.

>b-but my microsoft!

Way to shift the topic, good job.

You're referencing a population that remains essentially silent because you shitters can't not defend Sony like you're sucking 10 billion cocks. Besides you can't "turn" something on someone who was supporting the game with tons of money and ad time. They paid for him to save those things and at no point in time did they say "hey, maybe we should check on the things he's saying since we're paying him and make sure the backlash doesn't hit us?" Of course they fucking knew. They just spun it well enough to get out of it.

bull shit.

that guy has boots on

THAT CANT BE SEAN

You're accusing him of changing a subject that he didn't change, because this thread is about sony you shitbrain. Maybe if you could stop deflecting you could actually defend you fucking stance. But you know you're defending bullshit, so you're gonna grasp at any straws that float your way to dig yourself out of the deep whole of definite self doubt.

>Molyneux is literally Micosoft's Sean Murray
I think you mean was

they haven't commented on anything except a patch or two's release date during the first week

That guard on the left of Hillary just thinking, "Oh boy, now the old bitch is croaking again".

Trump 2016.

Molyneux is the original you retard, how fucking young are you? Its "Sean Murray is Sony's Peter Molyneux" also nowhere in my post you just replied to did I mention Sony.

Cute victim complex though, keep it up, you'll be a mod on neogaf one day with that attitude.

>It's a Kotaku article.

>this low barrel shitter who can't include a pastebin

pastebin.com/0UAfZEUm

Supercuck Schreier seems like his balls might have dropped partway since the gawker destruction. Think he'll keep it up?

>It's a Jason Schreier article

Shift topic? Its the same topic. This is the industry thats been created. Sean murray worked for molyneux, who probably taught him all the tricks of the trade while cashing his cheque from microsoft.

Sean murray deserves to be thrown under a bus. I would be pissed if sony defended them and tried to spin it like microsoft.

I thought they didn't publish the game

Im referencing how every thread that somewhat negative about microsoft always shifts towards sony you retard.

Here, stop trying to fit in

INB4 autist all try to fit in by posting memes

I fucking love Rondo Duo

The point is to deny clicks, eurocuck low-brain, not push a meme.

I have you, genus

pastebin.com/0UAfZEUm

We'll stick to using the pastebin, thanks.

Yeah, and you'd also be making the same observations we are if they had let him go because you can't not suck Sony dick for about 3 seconds.

That's the real modern trend. Sony releases shit on a plate and gives it to you, knowing full well you'll call it caviar. They want to play on your idiocy, please don't be a part of it.

Ok

There are no 'microsoft threads' because you all ran them off the board by raiding every thread they ever created. That's why we call you out on shifting. You did the literal SAME THING.

Everything does.

Not EDF.

see You goddamned retard.

As do I.

This sony fanboys are way worse nintendo has a few ridiculous name fags like cody i see way more sony fanboy shit posting and falseflagging than any platform.

Whatever m8, go have an autistim attack over a link to a website somewhere else.

>you would do the same
Holy shit these desperate assumptions are pathetic. No I wouldnt, I would give microsoft props for dumping molyneux just like they did with mattrick.

But the reality is you retards are too busy slurping on microsofts dick and ashamed of it that you desperately want to shift it on sony when the opportunity presents itself. The whole molyneux fiasco has been erased from your minds. Sony is calling out on their bullshit instead of spinning but you fanboys want to turn that into a negative. You guys see PR spin and damage control as a good thing.

Its literally what trump and hillary supporters are doing as we speak. Deflecting and then complaining about deflection. Sad.

Why do we let people post Jason Schreier posts?

>Ont of the most cancerous faggots in the industry
>Probably one thread a day from him at Kotaku

>no microsoft threads
>they
Youre not fooling anyone

I honestly think I'll enjoy it for a few hours or so from what I've seen. Worth a few bucks at best. I already set CheapAssGamer to notify me once this game hits 2-3 dollars.

Molyneux overpromised but at least his games were decent and functional. He has also been involved in good games like dungeon keeper where as Sean has never been involved in anything worth mentioning.

They sold it to kids as a better minecraft.

Nice buzzwords, faggot.

You're a fucking moron, holy shit. This is the kind of person who votes for Trump.

>still trying to get a click
hi schreirer
now fuck off

You idiots, they're throwing him under the bus but you're so busy wanting an EPIC BLUNDER that you let it slide.

I got a PC asshole, and I only play RTS and TBS. Way to change the topic again! You'd make Sean and Sony proud you know! Are you auditioning for a marketing role?

when people unironically reply to his threads
just report, hide, and move on

>complains about speaking out and being honest and saying whats on their mind
>complains about trump and shills for shillary
sounds about right

Fable is a legit classic, even if it came short of all the Project Ego promises. The sequels were weaker, and everything after Molyneux left was just milking the cow for what it was worth, but I must've replayed Fable at least 10 times, trying out different stat allocation combinations just for the aesthetics or putting certain challenges on myself like only guile or only will playthroughs

Keep going buddy. Still not fooling anybody.

Thanks, I was scared someone wasn't gonna bring their trash political opinions into this completely non-political discussion. Consider my record corrected

OMFG don't give them ideas on what to do to get us hyped.

>Sony said it wasn't their fault

Dude, we can trust Sony! They've got us consumers in mind, you know.

#4theplayers

but you're literally doing the same thing with MS

Par for the course with corporate politics.

What part of his post is buzzwords?

What did you expect from Nintendogaf?

Is Sean okay?
It's been 1 month since he posted anything on Twitter

The morons who fall for this shit always think "No, this time will be different!"

You.
Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no multiplayer!" and "Sean Murray lied to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention. Tread lightly.
You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.
I don't feel awkward or anxious playing No Man's Sky around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We No Man's Sky fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow explorers, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.
Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you. I pity you.
I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that No Man's Sky is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.
I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall Call of Duty, start up No Man's Sky, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first planet, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

You're not being responded to due to tons of drones on here. It's because everyone on here can basically recognize the worst fanbase on the board.

>Sony in charge of PR
>I-it was a-all Sean guys, we had nothing t-to do with it!
Not taking responsibility for your mistakes, or worse; throwing your accomplices under the bus, is an extremely scummy thing to do.

He took the money and ran either that or went on a big vacation. Its pretty obvious the game will be completely abandoned and probably not receive any new updates or anything.

>sony is being scummy
CALL THE PRESS

Pokefaggots in a nutshell.

Falseflagging is a godsend amirite my fellow xbro? :^)

l can't begin to tell you how fucking wrong you are but Jesus Christ, who even gives a shit about Murray to care if he's thrown under a bus or not? He's a piece of shit. End of story.

These surveys happen all the time and they always end exactly like this

Come now user, xbox faggots have been mostly quiet since the utter disaster that was the xbox one. Sonyfags then decided to take that silence as encouragement to spam the board with more console war faggotry than ever before, despite consoles in general being shite and redundant hardware that adds nothing but retarded ransoming of games

>B-but g-go Sony
right?

I refuse to crucify this guy when Molynumale exists

This isn't about Sean Murray you dumb whore, Sean Murray is a done deal, nothing to talk about, he's garbage and that story is over. Sony evading responsibility for overselling that shit game even though PR was almost entirely their doing is what this thread is about

>Sonyfaggot being in charge of relevance and context
Just fuck off you moron.

>describing the cluster fuck that was the NMS launch as "not a great PR strategy"

The understatement of a fucking lifetime. Holy shit my sides are in orbit.

>as soon as someone becomes CEO, they automatically lose all ethics they previously had and become money-hungry demons willing to kill a child for a little extra cash.
but that's exactly what happens.

You're stupid to believe "Sonyfags" are spamming console war shit. It's all falseflagging.

Im giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming youre an xbot because the alternative is that youre fucking retarded and dont know how easy it is to falseflag and samefag on an anonymous imageboard.

>b-b-but xbots dont exist r-right?
..r-r-right?

If not because of Steam removing the refind limit of this game, Sonygger would propably shilling this shit right now cuz there are no refund on PS4 and the only reason they do refund this time is to show they are as "good " as Steam

You actually believe people that plays games exclusively on PS4 actually care enough about gaming in general to shitpost on an anonymous board that always use slang words.spouting meme and show discrimination to newfag ?

Why nobody sued those fuckers tho? How can they get away with shilling and then denying refunds?

Oh what is this, new Cred Forums meta shit?
>THEY are just pretending to be retarded!
Fuck me, you faggots are desperate.

The most hilarious part is that the refunds only worked for americans.

I hit up the chat myself and got told to contact the department for my country. Which doesn't have a live chat.

sounds pretty cucked to me

>t-t-theres no way anyone can be pretending to be anyone....no..no. it cant be happening
jesus christ it must suck to be desperate and autistic and take everything literally

He's wrong, my user friend.
A know at least 3-4 people on my friend list that were stupid enough to buy the game but fortunate enough to get refunds.

>new Cred Forums meta
the only thing new is you

Fuck off faggot

sales doesn't mean "how many people still own the game", it means sales

"Deflection"

Sony: Y-YEAH GUYS, It couldnt have been our fault, its not like we were in charge of all the marketing! As well as controlled what Murray could and could not say ! hah! ah-ha-ha-ha-ha! Yeah, Its all Sean's fault guys!

>Murray
>not nu-male
You must be nu here.

>tells Sean to lie
>prease understand

They meant "Always preorder" by this.

Lying?

>yeah well that guy was a total fag :)
good job, sony

>Sony throwing a small indie studio under the bus

So what exactly am I missing here?

youtube.com/watch?v=qBTWtOqyrQQ

>literally
Except not really. Molyneux has actually put out some games that are okay if you ignored all the hyping.

I bet they demanded Murray to promise a lot despite them being a small studio and now that the game didn't deliver they are blaming it all on Murray.

Google does.

why isn't his twitter active anymore?

Wow you guys!

Amazing!

Why does this make me sad?

because it's fake you mongtard

mhmmmmmm
twitter.com/NoMansSky

It was Peter Molyneux/Will Wright tier

Because he'll get nothing but ridicule and backlash if he posts, deservedly of course. He'll also be swarmed by questions asking him to clarify everything that he lied about. And if he clarifies, then I'm pretty sure he opens himself up to lawsuits.

Faggot should have stayed at EA.

Isn't he already open to lawsuits? It's literally false advertisement.

>false advertisement.
No such thing in the vidya business my friend. It's just developer vision and goals not set in stone.

>Isn't he already open to lawsuits

I'd like to think so, especially with how he directly lied on national television and then failed to follow that up with "we cannot implement this feature"

>bcuz on PS4 you cant get refunds
You can

they advertised an indie game as if it was AAA. with the same price as well. sony really fucked over that dev team pretty badly. i was surprised at the hype the game generated considering it first premiered at e3 during sony's "we love indies, look at these coming out" segment.

Good job at the faglords that still continue to pre-order games, or even worse, pay for early access titles.
It's your own fault to gamble with your money

So now sony has made a shitton of money advertising a less than medicore 15 bucks indie title as a AAA game and selling it for 60 bucks.
What will they do next to hurl in the retards moneys laughing their asses off?

I only pre-order sequels to games I liked.

This.
Whatever the devs actually did, it was obvious from the start that "investment money" from sony turned into a nightmare for them as they were forced to fill shoes they had no original intent in wearing.

>Sony

No no no. You're not going to remove all blame from that lying piece of shit Murray and place it solely onto Sony. Sony may be at fault for something, but Murray is entirely to blame for fucking lying to people.

No one mentioned ms you schizo

What so no one refunded it? how fucking stupid are people

Poopy goopy sonyponies butter blasted at the end of their relevance, so they spray out more poopoo and peepee in rage and slam their helmeted heads on the keyboard go wee ree wee ree sony still good sony still good haha fuck sony fuck chad warden fuck gaystation for dummies you all suck so much penis made of poopoos get off Cred Forums 4chan is for nintendo fans only mario is the most amazing character and even he wants to poopoo on Sony fuck Sony hahahahahahahaha fuck SOny

Nice try, Sean.

Sean's new patch looks pretty sick, VR ready...

youtu.be/Lbfw1NPt_YI

Checkmate athiests.

The number of people buying the game must be equal to the amount of people refunding it if there is no change in the amount of people that own it.

Sony fans, everyone.

Not that different from most SP only games.

Can you find another game that had a 98% drop off in players after three days?

including new purchases, there appear to have been at least 100,000 refunds / 800,000 purchases on steam. who can possibly say what the statistics are like on ps4.

There's nothing wrong with pre-ordering games so long as you're informed of what it is you're pre-ordering.

That is the most retarded graph I've seen.

t. Engineer, so go fuck yourself if you think I'm wrong, faggot nigger fuck.

I'm sorry Cred Forums, Forgive me?

>PS4 has no refunds

I could go to best buy right now and refund a recently bought game

You can never be sure that what you pre order is what you're gonna get. Many games have turned out radically shit compared to trailers and pre-release footage.

Even if you absolutely trust the devs and you're definitely gonna buy the game, why not just wait a bit after release so you can get an idea of whether the game is alright or not? How impatient can you be?

Just had a look on Steam...

That's even worse people were stupid enough to buy it even though it was blatantly obvious Sean lied and that the game was shit

Its not so much about impatience as it is about trusting your own judgement.

I've pre-ordered plenty of games over the last few years, haven't been disappointed by any of them.

>download the gog version just because I want to test it
>pic related with optional random things suddenly appearing in normal textures is all I can see

This happened to me too, only textures didn't load in.

Any fix to that, or is my pc too shit to even handle the game at the lowest possible settings?

Please die.

I have no idea.

>Its not so much about impatience
But it is though, isn't it? The only advantages to pre-ordering that I can think of are that you can play the game the second its out, and that you might get some wank bonuses in the game.

>I've pre-ordered plenty of games over the last few years, haven't been disappointed by any of them.
That doesn't mean you won't be disappointed in the future. You can't even trust in-game footage nowadays, how can you be really sure that a game will be good before it's out.

Granted, you don't stand to lose that much money, so it's not like it's the worst thing ever. The only problem is that encourages shit like what happened with this game, with ridiculous hype being all you need to rake in cash.

Eh, at least I know I'm not the only one with the problem.

Is your card a Radeon by any chance?

What exactly did Sean Murray lie about? Provide a source please.

Hard mode: don't give me anything he vaguely hinted at 2 years ago because that applies to every dev in the world

Yes.
A lot of my PC's components are out of date. I mean, my joystick is a fucking Sidewinder.

That could be a problem with compatibility or whatever, I guess.

Eh, I'll need to upgrade my shitty dual core 2.8 too. And ddr2 ram.

Have a happy eternal life, mum

youre a moron. reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/

Have a (You), it's on the house.