If the final game is good, is marketing towards LP/Social media faggotry actually a problem?

If the final game is good, is marketing towards LP/Social media faggotry actually a problem?

Thread Theme (for that dreadful yet comfy RE mood):
youtube.com/watch?v=iPr6Oq2x4PQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pNko59hnVgc
youtube.com/watch?v=EMtdfoKUu9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some new screens that look like bullshots, or PS4Pro really did wonders for this game.

looks lit AF fampai

The problem is that while it definitely will have a lot of classic RE elements, they're being WAY too coy with showing them. The gunplay must be shit since they refuse to really show off any of it.

>Gunplay
The bit they showed in the new trailer did indeed look weak as fuck. It just a second but the pistol seems like a peashooter.

Then again, I would argue RE6 guns don't feel good either, while it's still fun to play, so who knows.

I wouldn't mind them being weak feeling if it were half-broken guns you found in the backwoods houses, I'm just worried the actual controls and shooting will be Yakuza Dead Souls levels of awkward.

>The problem is that while it definitely will have a lot of classic RE elements, they're being WAY too coy with showing them.

I think that's their strategy, try to spin the marketing as a typical streamer game and have RE staples not be a big focus. It's kind of dirty, but atleast we know how the inventory works and that combat, herbs and item management is present.

The lighting in this game is godly, textures can look like horseshit but at least the game can hide it pretty well.

>we want Outlast audience

Haven't played them, do they have some kind of combat and inventory management?

>do they have some kind of combat and inventory management?
Nope

That makes it quite different then.

Indeed it does, was just sperging out.

You have to manage your camera batteries, but nothing outside of that. It's also shit.

I fear this as well, this game is giving me alien isolation vibes, like weapons are not very lethal but they buy you time etc

Pretty sure that's gonna be it and the Bakers are the main enemies you face in the game.

Wouldn't mind if they continually mutate like Birkin though, that would be cool.

What the fuck was his problem?

You didn't eat your supper, son.

He wants you to get your ass off Cred Forums and welcome more people to the family

You're all Umbrella test subjects.

Familyman doesn't want you and your wife to leave.

Played through the updated demo

>Got the Ammo and Basement key from the attic
>Answer the phone
>Family'd

So is that all that was new?

If I skip the phone I get family'd at the door, dont I?

I dont wanna go on a wild goose chase like before.

>there'll be a pc port but without VR support
>they expect me to spend another fortune for a different VR dealie
This is exaclty what I was afraid of.

I hope to god that combat wont be quicktime events

Altogether, the update gave:
>moldy door that shakes and makes noise
>collapsed 3F wall which leads to4 handgun bullets, hand to insert finger into, a basement key, and a locked glass door to the roof
>new phone conversation about doors

I'm willing to bet in the next update, the door in the room underneath the stairs (with the hanging dolls) will be unsealed and the new basement key will unlock it.

I simply can't imagine that even the worst optimization in existence would make an extra room, extra audio file (phone call) and few extra items a 3GB update. Can only mean that there's something else to find (Or they went the lazy route with the update and just had you redownload the entire game again with the new content instead of patching it onto existing files.)

The new trailer showed it wasn't, and they've said it will have actually combat.

Hey i know shit about this game and i have a question.

Is VR supported only by PS4 or is the PC version Oculus or Vive compatible?

There's a chance the Lantern demo (2nd videotape) was included in the update, and it just isn't unlocked yet

Maybe there'll be another update following TGS just to spawn it

This looks really like the older games.

Probably because RE7 is a lot like the older games. Older RE hallmarks have been confirmed.

The marketing and tone is just different because they want to capture a new audience aswell.

I'm pretty sure VR should work perfectly fine on PC.

>Next Update
>10mbs

This. No way VR is exclusive to Playstation for RE7.

VR hasn't even taken off yet, exclusives only hurt you, right now what's more important is that people even buy them in the first place.

If you don't answer the phone it keeps ringing indefinitely and family man lets you live. But there's shit all to do after that besides getting family'd at the back door

>*also available on PC

This isn't the end of the RE7 demo.

Why would you include shit like a basement key and a locked window for something that's separate from the main game and have it end there?

Actually forgot to mention that there's a telephone icon option now in the menu screen, so when a phone rings it'll be highlighted in the HUD

>Devs actually bothering to improved the visuals by a noticeable amount for the PC release exclusively.

When was the last time that happened for an AAA game? PC ports are always just framerate and resolution bumps these days, some better textures if you're lucky.

>cannibal hick family in the boondocks
>trailers clearly indicate that the "combat" will only be at select moments of the story and that there's not actually enemies or anything
>more running away and cinematic scenes than anything
It looks so fucking bad. What the fuck.

We literally have only seen a fraction of the game

They already confirmed that RE7 will not have quick time events.

The terribly overdone narrative doesn't seem like just a fraction of it. Also, I doubt we are going to see much more outside the shitty variety we've seen.

>Trailers clearly indicate that the "combat" will only be at select moments of the story and that there's not actually enemies or anything

Dude, RE7 has secure Save Rooms.

That pretty much confirms not every encounter will be scripted.

I'm skeptical. If there's enemies, why not show them already? Instead revealing that there's "Save Rooms" seems like beating around the bush because they just don't have content to show.

youtu.be/pNko59hnVgc

Yeah, RE4 was just the village and the only enemies were its crazed villagers with big bosses

And literally no puzzles

Resident Evil is done

>I'm skeptical. If there's enemies, why not show them already?

Because Capcom wants to market this like P.T and have people speculating and discussing over vague shit, just like we're doing now.

>If there's enemies, why not show them already?
Why spoil the game before it's released?

>The terribly overdone narrative doesn't seem like just a fraction of it. Also, I doubt we are going to see much more outside the shitty variety we've seen.

If RE7 doesn't have crazy mutated monsters and some kind of secret facility I will eat my heart out.

No way they're just crazy hilbillies, Lucas gets his fucking arm cut Open and just whines about it and there's a photo in the demo of an Umbrella Helicopter that says "Are they watching us from that Helicopter?"

Bakers are Umbrella Experiments, no doubt.

>Bakers are Umbrella Experiments, no doubt.
umbrella is dead tho, and so is neo-umbrella, and so is wesker. Umbrella making its 4th comeback (or even more)

Who else reckons the little girl in the trailer is Alex wesker?

>showing enemies
>spoilers

Cred Forums never fails to deliver in retardation; he is not asking them to show the final boss, dumbass.

>umbrella is dead tho, and so is neo-umbrella, and so is wesker.
>Umbrella
>Dead
>WESKER
>Dead

Out of the loop I see.

Neo-Umbrella's story just started in 6, and for all we know Wesker could still be alive

The Bakers are likely just one family out of potentially many who were experiments of Umbrella.

The game isn't a rooty-tooty action-shooty, environments and atmosphere takes precedence over showing the BOW's. We got a short clip of shooting at Family Man, and it's definitely implied that he stalks you similar to Nemesis.

He's right, it is a form of spoiler though.

It's clear Capcom are very hush hush about the nature of the Bakers and what the threat actually is, just showing combat could tell people much.

user, you've already proven yourself to be an easy mark. Why would you think publishers are going to decide not to screw you out of money?

demo for other platforms when?

excuse me?

>Wesker could still be alive
excuse me?

Prove he's dead

>noticeable amount
what the fuck are you on about?

>being this deluded

Game won't have any normal enemies, 60% of the game will be walking around with random jump scares and puzzles. The other 40% will be playing hide and seek with hillbillies.

You're giving capcom far to much credit. Weapons will only exist to make family members retreat, or shoot puzzle related shit.

go play RE5 or 6.

I seen it happen man. there was a volcano and rockets

and then capcom said "yeah hes really dead this time" when they were asked about it

youtube.com/watch?v=EMtdfoKUu9A

>umbrella dead

>Weapons will only exist to make family members retreat
Explain why there's a chainsaw then.

I can't tell the difference between medium to max if there are things like DoF, and motion blur are enabled, therefore the graphics are the same.

Explain how having a chainsaw changes what I posted? It's still a weapon, could also be used as a tool in game to open shit.

>Weapons will only exist to make family members retreat, or shoot puzzle related shit.

What's the problem with that? Killing enemies in the original Resident Evil was best avoided anyway, especially in REmake since they could become Crimson Heads.

If we only have the Bakers and guns are used to make them temporarly defeated that's completely fine, though I would prefer proper Boss fights to finish them off later.

I'd like to see the game before making judgement

well, your loss

>could
You're basing your assumptions on absolutely nothing. You can't support your random claims.

>Who else reckons the little girl in the trailer is Alex wesker?

They'll be sweeping that plot line under the rug since big papa's coming back. No point having a she Wesker.

>basing your assumptions on absolutely nothing

A chainsaw being used as a weapon/tool. I don't think that anons assumptions are too crazy or unbelievable dude...

>only the intro of the game is publically shown
>user thinks he know what the entire game will be from that small amount of footage
What, are you sad that this game isn't just another RE6?

I actually hope you use the chainsaw like it's Evil Dead, slicing off limbs so enemies can't come back to life.

>I seen it happen man. there was a volcano and rockets
>and then capcom said "yeah hes really dead this time" when they were asked about it

That was Venom Wesker.

And you're not? Capcom haven't confirmed random enemies and none have been shown so far. Explain to me how you're not making assumptions?

Its a horror game. Sames as the movies you shoot the monster he is back later.

Reminds me of that game capcom made with a girl in a mansion.

Another new take.

The only thing that seems terribly un-Resident-Evil is the first person view.
The entire theme of The Hills are Alive esque setting with crazy family is different but I'm genuinely excited because this does seem like a real RE game. As long as they work Umbrella, viruses and zombie shit into it, I'm 100% in.

>As long as they work Umbrella, viruses and zombie shit into it, I'm 100% in.

ESRB leak confirmed mutated monsters but had no mention of ghosts. Also Umbrella was in the demo.

Not to mention it is fucking RE7, and takes place after RE6, which is both crazy and hilarious, I'm hype.

Doubt that stuff is in, the family are mutates left over by umbrella who mutate or regrow limbs.

Survial horror fps with evil family. Maybe theres crows or dogs.

>but had no mention of ghosts
thats a good thing

It's the inverse for me. The 1st person perspective is the only thing I find refreshing about the game so far.

this game is canon

Yeah that's what I meant.

People thought the Family Girl was a ghost.

i want them to pound my boy pussy

This game being canon is like the best part though.

They release this trailer that's just what the fuck and looks nothing like Resident Evil, and then they go "Oh no this is RE7, it takes place after RE6."

I can't wait to see how they're going to spin this shit.