ITT: Nintendo NX discussion

ITT: Nintendo NX discussion

>Supposed March 4th release date
>Discuss leaks
>WHEN WILL IT BE REVEALED????

Also, post your favourite mock-ups/concepts, I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2010/06/rumour_3ds_could_rival_ps3_and_360_in_power_stakes
gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-talks-xbox-scorpio-and-the-end-of-consol/1100-6442774/
nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2015/150317/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=eL9Lmd-ndjA
nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-the-same-experience-on-nx-and-wii-u-supports-pro-controller/
smashboards.com/threads/wavedash-games-unveils-their-space-animal.441698/
youtu.be/0zHUUjcAw90
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thoughts on a hybrid? Also I hope they include coloured buttons like in this pic.

I can guarantee you one thing:
All nintendo games for this system will use 32khz audio.
Not 32000hz as on the PC, but the custom nintendo frequency of 32768hz specifically.

Since the snes era, every single nintendo game use this audio sampling ratio, no matter how powerful the hardware is or how big the media is.

Its the kind of thing Miyamoto would flip the table over if was not possible.

Any other launch titles or games revealed yet?

Huh. That's really neat. Say what you will about Nintendo, but nice little things like this is why I love them.

Nothing recently, mainly rumours, like there's a Resident Evil 7 rumour going around, due to Capcom trademarking a cartridge release of the game or something.

I'm not entirely 100% sure if its a "little neat thing" or some sort of bizarre brainwashing wave or what.
But its there, its on all the systems, its on their hardware choices pretty much.
The 3DS audio system was picked EXACTLY due that, or customized to use that.

Who knows. Is there any supposed benefit to the frequency or what?

Friendly reminder the NX is almost definitely a home console system, as Nintendo referenced to it as one in 2015.

what does this actually mean, though?

>or some sort of bizarre brainwashing wave

My God, so that's why there are so many Nintendrones...

So since we're halfway out of September, is it safe to say we'll get an announcement for the reveal event between this and next week and a full reveal in Early October?

Man when the fuck is this thing going to be revealed. We're six months away from the launch and the ONLY thing that has been confirmed is that it plays games.

That's why I really like this mock-up.

That's why the DS and Wii sold so much.

>bizarre brainwashing wave
could be the case on handhelds and the Wii U I guess (where speakers are built into the systems), but would be borderline impossible where the consumer uses their own speakers (such as the shitty speakers in your average TV).

I don't have a fucking clue why the fuck nintendo does that.
NONE.
There's no advantage on doing that on N64, Wii or WiiU, yet the madman did it.

My best bet would be some sort of audiophoolery superstition but i don't fucking know.

This French indie dev that has leaked things in tge past says that Nintendo will reveal the NX next week on the 20th.

I just fucking hope its not a damn handheld, thats all I'm hoping for at this point and the damn "leaks" or whatever make me nervous

Reveal the console, or reveal the reveal?

Remember this dumbass shit

>kill their blunder of a home console early
>replace it with a handheld

Fuck tge rumors, if that happens I'm not buying anything from Nintendo again.

Reveal the console supposedly, there's this wierd theory about how Ninty always reveals their consoles on a Tuesday.

I remember certain Cred Forumstards believing this 100%, even going as far as to claim the tree was the same tree outside of some game publisher's offices.

Well the March 4th "leak" also says it will be revealed September 20th

I kinda like the idea because it forces japan to do good games for a desktop power console.
They reserve all the actually good shit for portables and only do AAA gaijinclonshit for the main consoles.

I hope it's true. It hurts to wait.

I believed this one was a 3D render, and the other one was a 3D print.
Which is the exact opposite

I hope its also a phone

I hate how all of these mockups make it so you can't use the second screen while in console mode. It would completely ruin Splatoon.

This is my biggest fear

Kind of unrelated but didn't the vita and PSP try to be phones at some point? Didn't work out well at the time.

From 0 to 100% what are the chance NX will be normal home console with normal controller?

23%

50/50

They're going to have to have some way to read/write amiibo and a second screen for Splatoon 2 or a Mario Maker port.

Yeah, I never thought about that. Honestly though, Splatoon is the only game I can tgubk of that really needs the second screen. They could just put an on-screen map and map the warping to the dpad.

Very low I would think.

Considering we have two normal consoles with the weakest lineup of software of an entire generation and Nintendo being in love with being different, chances are at %0 that this will be a normal console.

B-but my HD remakes and weeb games are a perfect reason to justify my PS4, r-right user?

The Wii U Pro controller is almost as normal as it gets and I'm sure they will continue support for it. So I'd say 99%.

Having an uncluttered HUD is one of the best aspects of that game, and having the d-pad actions mapped to jumping removes the pings that come in handy more often than you would think, and doesn't give any room for beakon jumps.

Given the fact BotW doesn't appear to use the gamepad's screen for anything; along with the fact the NX has been referenced as a "home console" by Reggie in E3 2015; and finally how Kimishima has said it's something new, to distance themselves from the Wii branding: I suspect it'll be more standard than their more recent stuff. It will, however, have amiibo support (since BotW uses them, and the NX copy has been said to be "identical" to the Wii U version).

i have the same dildo
well without mariokart

Hmm, fair enough. I stopped playing the game after a couple of months and wasn't that great at it, so I'm no expert on the subject.

Like 20

how would you map superjumps to the d-pad anyway? Keeping in mind you'd ideally want superjumps to happen in a single press (as they do currently, you just tap on the screen to who/where you want to superjump to), and there's at most 13 locations to superjump to in a match.

I wonder if it has occurred to Nintendo the previous hype for the NX reveal anticipation has turned to annoyance.

>as Nintendo referenced to it as one in 2015.
No they didn't you retard. Read the full exchange including the question asked, it was not in reference to NX. This sort of shit causes misinformation.

Oh amiibos are a definite. Nintendo would be stupid to can them after all the money they poured into them, not to mention they still sell decently. They'll either put an NFC chip in the controller or directly on the console.

Why do none of the rumors mention that the NX has an NFC chip reader?

Hypothetically, you have it for your 3 teammates, and then spawn. But that's ignoring Beakons.

Nintendo doesn't literally gives two shit about the autistic hype of internet people more interested in discussing hypothesis about hardware than about videogames.
They will announce the shit when it's ready to be annnounced. That's it.

That looks horrible, I would never use that in public.

>including the question asked
???
I was referring to Reggie stating "we won't be talking about our next home console" in E3 2015, a mere 3 months after Iwata first mentioned the "NX".

I thought you could only super jump to your three teammates, I forgot about the warping station item thing.

Because it's pretty much guaranteed.

What was it user?

That doesn't rule out a hybrid.

Right
>reggie's quote: june 2015
>NX announcement: march 2013
>Nintendo saying they're working on a home console: 2013
Bt of course reggie was referring to something they said 2 years earlier and not to something that happened 3 months earlier. Retard.

Then you need to upgrade to NEW Nintendo console for NEW experience.

1%, only because I'm not cocky enough to say with certainly it would never happen. We don't need a third dumb down gaming PC on the market, and I can't believe you people think such a red ocean device by Nintendo is a good idea.

>I thought you could only super jump to your three teammates
3+(3*3)+1

3 for the teammates

(3*3) for the maximum number of beacons possible, that being 3 per teammate

+1 for superjumping back to your base, though this isn't used by most players

>That doesn't rule out a hybrid.
no it doesn't, but neither did I?
A "hybrid" (whatever that exactly means, I'm not sure) would still have a console portion of some description.

Ass filler, complete with nut poker. What will Nintendo think of next? This is the next evolution of motion control, control the games with the flexing of your ass muscles. Like that South Park bike.

All the hype is coming from the Internet, not Nintendo. All they've said is that "It plays video game, including BotW." While autistic Internet fanboys are going around making 3D printed fakes and saying it can do VR a make toast.

it will be fail

Just because it's a home console doesn't meant it can't also be a portable :^)

t. Emily Rogers

>but neither did I?

Ah, I think I misunderstood, I thought you meant console only. A hybrid would be like a home console you can take on the go, like an expanded, better version of PlayStation remote play.

This. Pretendos are desperate to try and pretend it's a home console so Wii U can be 'replaced' when, in reality, we have a perfectly good idea of what NX actually is, due to the Eurogamer leaks.

This is actually really coool.i wish it will be like this

shure sonygger.

At the time, people were concerned that Nintendo wasn't going to ever again develop a home console. Reggie BTTFO them with that statement.

NX being a home console doesn't mesh with what we know.

nintendolife.com/news/2010/06/rumour_3ds_could_rival_ps3_and_360_in_power_stakes
>IGN has recently posted an article referencing several unnamed developers that claim the console outstrips the Wii's graphical capabilities, stating it's closer to HD consoles than Nintendo's home console hero

HOLY SHIT IT'S IGN IT'S GOTTA BE TRUE

>At the time, people were concerned that Nintendo wasn't going to ever again develop a home console.
But they said they were, in 2013.

>Pretendos

You've been going through Usnet message boards have you?

>pretendos

Jesus christ please leave, you already shit up every paper mario thread you visit we don't want you here either

no worried mate, I just posted that before anyone came here to say it was a handheld. Although I suppose you could argue semantics over what counts as a "hybrid", that's not a discussion I care enough for. Either way, there's got to be some home console element to it, given it's been directly called one before.

Maybe NX is a space station.

Oh fuk

Can someone explain me why both Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are already developing new consoles to release 3-4 years after the last ones?

Sony and microsoft are copying nintendo strategy with the Gameboy color/ DSi/New nintendo 3DS.

Nintendo is in a weird timming cycle since the Wii.

>NX Stand

Pump the breaks there a little bucko.
They are more so copying the iPhone strategy of upgrading hardware.

NX will be nothing but an outdated and overpriced piece of hardware with amiibo miitomo bullshit launch games. Don't expect anything good or you will be disappointed.

Well, hardware mini-upgrade was not a thing on consoles until nintendo started the trend.

I expect the following:

>no backwards compatibility
>region free
>1 account per console
>e-shops are still linked to that account, so if you ever import games you're fucked DLC wise
>comes with entire virtual console library, with some kind of monthly subscription to have access to all of them
>Zelda BotW
>Some trailers for worthwhile games releasing a year later
>Some kind of gimmick because there's always a gimmick

Pretty sure most of this will be more or less correct.

Just let us never forget Nintendo is HIRING someone for the sole role of tracking and killing fan content. #FuckNintendo

Nintendo is waiting to long for the reveal.Ps4 pro and Scorpio are just around the corner. People wont give a shit if the reveal it after those consoles are out.

All the rumours fail to mention how the supposed detachable controllers charge

Because all rumours are bullshit.

4.5% of rumours are true.

nintendo will spend money and resources on literally EVERYTHING other than making good games

They're probably outsourcing it to another firm. Not to mention a lot of these dolts are generating ad revenue on these "passion projects" and nintendo has a legal obligation to take them down. Unless they smarten up like the pokemon hacking community they'll continue to get fucked.

We don't know ANYTHING. Every piece of news are bullshit rumors.

Please wait for an official announcement.

I'm certain it will. Believe it or not, I'm absolutely certain the WiiU gamepad was made as a compromise to capture the audience who wants something different, considering it had the motion controls and the touch screen could approximate the ir pointer functions and the people who want to have a traditional controller considering it had all the buttons necessary for modern games, but ended up being something that appealed to nobody, as it's size made it appear cumbersome and as it turns out, nobody wants to have their attention split between two displays.

I'd like to think by now Nintendo knows that a touchscreen controller was a mistake, considering BotW doesn't seem to use it. Though I would be surprised if they get rid of the gyro, but that has been optional in almost every game, with the one exception being Star Fox Zero.

>Nintendo
Because the WiiU is a sinking ship they are abandoning as quickly as possible

>Sony and Microsoft
Because they want to jump on the VR bandwagon, and their current consoles aren't capable of providing an adequate VR experience.

nintendo lied about the nx

it's not coming out, they're going mobile only

>1 account per console
but that would be a step back from the Wii U, where you could make multiple accounts for it?

how many people do you expect to tune in for the live stream unveiling?

i say a rough 100k

but any company does that to protect their IPs, am I supposed to be shocked by this?
That's just how copyright works.

I'm sure there's gonna be some sort of oversight with the e-shop regions getting fucked.

It's not okay when Nintendo does it.

Depends on how far in advance they let people know when the stream starts.

Looking at how all the recent Pokemon SuMo trailers have 4-8 million views it'll be a lot if the content is right.

I don't understand user, you can play almost all games with a pro controller ( aka a normal controller ), what is the problem ?

>but any company does that to protect their IPs, am I supposed to be shocked by this?

those companies actually have products though. nintendo doesnt make any games, they just market their characters in marketing deals and then go around attacking people who use them for innocent fan content (which is protected by the way). they are literally nothing but a marketing company right now who dont know what to do other than sell nostalgia and abuse kids having fun.

any clue when they plan to announce the nx

If not September 22nd it's delayed for sure.

this doesn't make any sense, if your complaint is that they "don't make any games" then complain about that, don't try to use that as some bizarro excuse for you to complain about how copyright works. Fan content is not protected like that, that isn't how fair use works - you can create a parody or draw inspiration, but you can't use actual characters as part of a company's intellectual property and get away with it.

Not any, only scumbags does.
See: Capcom embraced fans, SEGA embraced fans (after a bit of drama, but nothing as large as Nintendo's), Valve, Gameloft (in an interesting way: back when J2ME phones were still a thing, I emailed them about the idea of a N.O.V.A. for J2ME phones, seeing as few people looked into Android and iPhone back then and most still relied on J2ME. They took long, but eventually made a fun Metroidvania)

I had a dream I wasv holding an nx last night. It looked very similar to my gold galaxy s7, just bigger. The screen was 6.2 inches. It was also about twice as thick. I didn't have the controls hooked on but I could see the ports where they connected

The strangest thing was it had a lithium ion battery and old AA batteries, allowing you to choose. Oh and I was playing nsmbnx

They could just limit the region to the one you set on your first NNID.

>People here are unironically excited for this

Wew.

>Capcom embraced fans, SEGA embraced fans
[citation needed]
The latter example doesn't sound related, as if they're publishing themselves it's obviously not going to have any issues with breaching their own IP.

1. March 4th is an official or even projected release date.
2. October nigga.

>They are charged when attached

Done.

Capcom: Check the Mega Man Christmas video, it shows two or three fangames by Sprites Inc. Also Street Fighter X Mega Man, and the Mega Man Fan Film which is still up after long.

SEGA: SoR Remake cancelling? Sure, let's cancel OURS as well! They also apologized and promised to set things straight with the Shining Force Takedowns scandal on Youtube. And now we have Sonic Mania coming and SEGA went and told a fangamer to keep up the good job on a 3D Sonic in Unreal Engine.

For Citation and Source, learn to Google. if you can't google, don't beg others to.

The reveal wasn't planned in October ?

The diefference is that Capcom and SEGA are nowhere near as profitable as Nintendo. SFV, their biggest game of the year, flopped and their only source of income is Monster Hunter. SEGA hasn't made a good game in the past decade. So of course they have to resort to relying on fans.

The gamepad is a normal controller with a screen. I don't see why them removing the screen is such a hard thing to believe.

I have never seen any other company file copyright requests against fanart on tumblr.

damn I guess we know what the NX is now

>Oh and I was playing nsmbnx
even in the future everything sucks

>you don't have sex with your wife, so you should let her get fucked by random people on the street!
great logic

>Caring about what other people like

Wew.

I don't think that's the case... SEGA has been carefree for long, they even let copies roll all around in certain countries during 8-bits and 16-bits era. Even to this day you can buy a portable Megadrive Handheld.

Fuck off Emily.

How do you know capcom didn't explicitly give Sprites Inc. the rights to their IP? As it sounds like they did, there's a big difference between a developer using an IP without express rights, which is what most Nintendo fangames do. I don't really see how the SEGA example is really relevant either, but maybe I'm missing details on its context or something.

well I can't just google "capcom embraces fans" and get a relevant result

Is there evidence of Nintendo, or any other company, actually doing that?

Would also help matters if said fans weren't making money off the IPs.

>October

I don't think I can hold out that long.

Emily either makes up shit or takes news from other people. There have been whispers of the reveal being in October for some time now so of course she jumped on it.

Let's predict the launch lineup for this piece of shit

1-Zelda BoTW
2-Just Dance 2017
3-New Super Mario Bros (Fuck) U
4-Some shitty port game from EA
5-Super Smash Bros U port

Yeah, this. People neglect to mention the thousands of Nintendo fan games that don't get taken down, due to people not making money off of them.

If it's not revealed in late September, the NX aint coming out in March.

Highly doubt it has detachable controllers.

>believing Zelda won't be delayed in the delay generation

I really hope it's a hybrid, there's not really any point separating handhelds considering how underwhelming Nintendo's hardware is anyway. I'd rather have one console than another Wii U and 3DS cycle.

the Copyright Laws is broken, can be exploited in a variety of ways, specially if you are not from USA. And DMCA makes it even worse.

You can be clever when looking around, like: "Nintendo AM2R Scandal" or "Capcom Mega man Fan Game"

500+ Fan Games taken down from Gamejolt.

that's because the ones making money off it (either by patreon/"donations", or by ad revenue) are also the ones where the dumbfucks promote them the most.

I hope it's not another NSMB game. It's been almost 3 years since Super Mario 3D World, we're due for another one. Also I dunno how Nintendo could morally get away with another NSMB, considering Miyamoto's desire to "innovate", and the fact that Mario Maker was released a year ago. A newer Mario Maker with more art styles, objects, and ramps would be a great launch title too.

6-DQX
7-DQ11

>HD port of Pokemon SM

there was an interview recently where they revealed the next 2D mario game is not going to be in the NSMB series, I'm sure if you google a bit you'll find it as I'm too lazy.

>500+ Fan Games taken down from Gamejolt.
And that was a website that boasted revenue sharing.

I doubt those are gonna be launch titles.

Anyway, i'm getting DQXI for PS4 Pro instead.

Yeah, I know. there's worse case though. See Google Play Store, there are a lot of plagiarism there and GOOGLE lets it slip.

Does Gamejolt not make money from ad revenue? Genuine question.

I think hybrid is the smartest thing they could do. Getting mainline Pokemon on TVs, and Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter back on them is going to be a huge selling point for people.

Pikmin 4

Gamejolt itself might do, but that is not the issue... The issue is people can SELL fangames there.

But user, Pikmin 4 was already announced for 3DS

Which is hilarious because they are straight up Nazis about Youtube.

Not this shit again.

you forgot the system seller
>Miitomo Fun Sports: Amiibo Edition

Not that they are Nazis about Youtube. Google fixed the issue made by Audible Magic, which was an Amazon company that Youtube made contract with before Google bought Youtube.

The problem with Google is that they do not have dedicated staff to deal with Youtube and Play Store shit.

>this piece of shit
>calling it shit (or good) when nobody even knows what it is at all

1) BotW (extremely likely to be a launch title, though it's not technically confirmed as one [only as "simultaneous Wii U and NX release"])
2) Pikmin 4
3) some new 2D Mario game, either a series reboot or otherwise different title (since a recent interview revealed the NSMB has ended)
4) Whatever Retro has been working on these past few years
5) Project Giant Robot, maybe

Yeah I remember them saying the next title will be a "new kind of" Mario game. Whatever that's supposed to mean, we will have to see.

It already got a full year delay.

Zelda
Smash with added content
New 3D Mario
Just Dance
The usual 3rd party ports

>Smash with added content
I expect a fusion of 3DS and Wii U stages but no new content, just a definitive edition kinda thing.

>just straight up saying "NX reveal"
I call bullshit.

I think the Eurogamer rumors are more credible than the vague statements we've gotten before.

It is, the bottom one is true though, even if it might be just a placeholder date.

I'd be happy with that. A lot of good stages missing from the 3DS version on the Wii U version.

Microsoft is ending the Xbox console generations and are now just going to release a new Xbox every 3 years. It like a PC with Low, Medium, High, and Ultra settings along with Steam Machines. Xbox One will be able to play all future Xbox games no matter if it's own Xbox Scorpio or beyond until Microsoft finally decides that Xbox is too old to handle the newer Xbox games. All future Xbox consoles starting with the Xbox One and beyond are now all backwards and forwards compatible, in other words Microsoft has finally fulfilled their long time goal of making a PC for the living room.

After the failure of the Wii U, Nintendo has decided to combine their home console and handheld divisions. The NX is said to be a portable console that can be played anywhere, or plugged into a TV. You could of say Nintendo is done making home consoles.

I don't know what the hell Sony is doing and chances are the PS4 and PS4 Pro will not be forward compatible to the PS5.

*One

For nostalgia factor alone, I kinda hope Ninty goes back to cartridges for the NX.

I threw up a little in my mouth.

Why? For the last decade Nintendo's best games have been on their handhelds

I think that's pretty much a given at this point.

A moba that uses amiibo would be a system seller.
Nintendo's too fucking stupid to do that though.

>Goes back to
Why do people keep saying this? What do you guys think the DS and 3DS games are on?

Mario fps or open world.

i want 1st/2nd/3rd gen cartridges
big pieces of plastic that goes clunk
and like 2% of the inside is actual hardware

>Nintendo's too fucking stupid to do that though.
You got that right.
Amiibo should have launched with its own IP by now and it baffles the mind why it still hasn't happened.

Never going to happen. This thing will use slightly bigger versions of the 3DS carts.

The Wii U will be 5 years old next year.

I hope you'll need to blow into it to get it to read better
Because I guess to me they always felt like teeny tiny floppy disks than actual cartridges
This motherfucker gets it.

>Microsoft is ending the Xbox console generations and are now just going to release a new Xbox every 3 years.
Lol, that's still a generation though. They and Sony were the ones trying to push the extended generation meme thinking stagnating hardware would make things better.

Attached to a screen that is using its own battery to power a screen?

This is actually probably the best mock-up I've seen, I kept wondering why retards kept tryin to do the shit with it splitting into two controllers. It'll probably be compatible with some Wii U controllers (the ones that are actually controllers idk what to call them) for local multiplayer or they'll just release a new wave of controllers and hopefully they'll be affordable

gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-talks-xbox-scorpio-and-the-end-of-consol/1100-6442774/

Nope, that was shooped in. March 4 is confirmed by Nintendo's actual website.

>muh "it's a placeholder date"
Yeah, right, the 4th of March is such a placeholder date. I'm a web developer and not only do you not need to put random dates in production code to "test" or placehold anything, it wouldn't be March 4th.

>removing booyah
fuck right off

But you can do that with the d-pad?

Source on this developer?

Hey, guys. I'm a Nintendo employee willing to take risks. :)

The big reveal is coming up in the next couple of days, so I hope you have your calendars marked!

Breath of the Wild is not the only big game we have in store.

>New Super Mario 64

Kicking things is the return to the beloved collectathon formula. Expect huge, sprawling environments, a ton of new acrobatic moves, and the return of characters like Koopa the Quick and F.L.U.D.D.

>Wario's Wild West

A western game starring Wario, start your own Mario themed gang and rob trains, hold up banks, and kidnap princesses.

>Bowser vs Aliens (Working title)

Project Giant Robot has been completely retooled into a beat em up title starring Bowser. Aliens attack the Mushroom Kingdom using high tech weaponry and giant monsters, and it's up to the Koopa crew to stop them. Play as Giant Bowser and command your troops to protect the Mushroom Kingdom (And Peach) from being taken by the aliens.

>Codename S.T.E.A.M: From the Stars Beyond

Codename S.T.E.A.M sequel featuring more in depth historical fiction elements and improved giant robot fights.

>Kirby Adventure 3D!

Embark on Kirby's first ever completely 3D adventure!

>Splatoon Squad.

Splatoon's second spin off title (The first will be one for 3DS featuring Callie and Marie) Splatoon Squad will be a co-op based campaign shooter meant to emphasize cooperative gameplay, rather than competitive. Expect more in depth character customization, intense boss fights, and new antagonists.

muh nostalgia!!

> can't play and charge
DoA

>Kirby Adventure 3D!

>Embark on Kirby's first ever completely 3D adventure!

please kill yourself

What is this? A mockup for ants?

If you want to hold a press event for the reveal, invites have to be sent out at least a month before. So no not even October.

>>Wario's Wild West
>>A western game starring Wario, start your own Mario themed gang and rob trains, hold up banks, and kidnap princesses.

This actually sounds like it would be good. Why can't Nintendo ever make games like this anymore?

Just gimme a good 3D HD PMD and an terror game directed by Aonuma and whatever else worked on Majora's mask and thats it.

>Nintendo
>press events

Suuuuuuuuuuure buddy

Where's your proof?

Yes they have to. Usually Nintendo's hardware reveals are at E3. Any hardware reveal needs a press event.

Nintendo doesn't attend E3 anymore, so we have no basis for believing they're going to hold an alternative press event for hardware from now on. The New 3DS was announced during a direct.

I would buy these all

I've play tested Color Splash, actually. It WILL make you cry.

Retro's new IP is a horror game, actually. You play as a witch that can transform objects into living creatures.

Meant to say they don't have a conference at E3, not that they don't attend it.

Anyone else think that, whether it's hybrid or not, all we need is for it to be a little more powerful than the Wii U? Enough to run BotW stably, and have more 1080/60 games? Basically anything else and I'm fine with it, obviously the controller should be good, but I'm not worried about that.

>I've play tested Color Splash, actually. It WILL make you cry.

Why? Does it butcher PM even worse than Sticker Star did?

Okay Iwata. I'm just stating common sense here. But if you want to equate the NX to the N3DS then be my guest.

>>Bowser vs Aliens (Working title)

Instantly fake since that would actually be awesome.

>common sense
No, I think pretty much everybody except you expects the NX to be revealed in a Direct. Directs with significant announcements get all the press they need, and since they haven't done a press conference reveal in 3 years, changing the format now would be a big deal.

>implying people give a shit about the PS4 Pro

I have a feeling the NX reveal is going to be a big public event rather than a Direct.

It would explain why they're taking so long and also it would be good for promotion.

What better way to promote brand awareness than to let people play with NX hands on? It worked for Breath of the Wild.

The Wii U can't even run its most demanding games at 1080/60 -- and compared to the competition, those games really aren't that demanding.

People being willing to pay for Nintendo's poor hardware choices are a big part of the reason they keep making them.

Good idea, but when?
E3, PAX, Gamescom, TGS, it's all too late already.

>No, I think pretty much everybody except you expects the NX to be revealed in a Direct.
Haha, no. They are going to want the press the get hands on experience with this thing, especially with how much confidence they have in this thing.

Something like Spaceworld 2016

I would rather have a hybrid than a console. Handheld consoles are more comfy. To have a handheld with console power is my dream

Just saying, but Nintendo has to run their own convention for the NX if they were to go that route. Showing it at another event at this point would be them basically saying "Our shit isn't worth it's own event".

So? 1080/60 is not some minimum standard for game performance, that's just Cred Forums shitposting. There's nothing wrong with the Wii U hardware. The NX is a good chance to bridge the gap and have pretty much everything hover around 1080/60, which is good enough for the forseeable future while Microsoft and Sony waste money on 4k PR moves that will never actually compete with gaming PC.

It's going to be an exclusive even for the NX.

If that's the case, and the hardware is actually ready enough for demos, they better have playable units at Best Buy or wherever too.

If you say so. A Spaceworld-type event would be great, I think it's just hoping for too much with under 6 months left and no even preliminary announcements made yet.

There's no way we wouldn't know about this already if they planned that.

It's gonna be a direct, it's too short notice.

We're at an interesting point for Nintendo. Whatever the NX is, it'll be different.

We'll also eventually get a second NX in 6 years and I'm excited to eventually see that. Their consoles come in pairs and the second one always "improves" upon the first.

NES
SNES

N64
GameCube

Wii
Wii U

NX
NX2

So we're at the rare point for Nintendo where we're in between their cycle.

That would be lame

>There's no way we wouldn't know about this already if they planned that.
Why would we have to know about it already? It doesn't take that long for the media to travel and there's no real reason for convention halls to leak their schedules.

But iwata said home console and handhelds will be like brothers

i'm a little late here but 32768 is the max bound of a signed 16-bit integer

on the snes it was probably chosen to achieve the highest possible sample rate possible within the system's capabilities. either internal tools or some bizarre timesaving policy then led that to be retained through n64, at which point it was Official Company Policy and you'd have just as much a chance of changing it as anything else meaningful in nintendo

>GameCube
>Improvement over the 64
It was one step forwards and two step backwards.

It just doesn't make sense with all the tickets and stuff.
They announced that #FE event roughly a month prior and that was a small ass event.

There's not much time left until march. I just don't believe they'll do this.

My guess is they will have a direct first, then a month before release have public play test booths.

Yep, it's most likely because their internal tools and proprietary stream formats have carried forward that sample rate. No reason to change it.

How?

If that's the issue, Nintendo can basically throw tickets at people.

Also, I would treat March like its some kind of prophecy. The release date, considering Nintendo's track record, can easily be April or May.

I wonder if the NX will be some sort of household
It was an improvement at the time. Moving from cartridge to disc (at a time where discs could hold more data), vastly improved graphics, etc

Meant to say household computer or hub

>I wonder if the NX will be some sort of household
Not many people can afford to buy a house out of the blue like that user.

See

>two step backwards
?
Literally everything the Gamecube did was better. You mean discs + memory cards are less comfy?

>There's nothing wrong with the Wii U hardware.
There wouldn't have been if it had been released 6 or 7 years earlier than it was.

>caring about Nintendo when their last good console was Gamecube, released when most of you were babies

I miss memory cards. They fixed the problem of limited cartridge batteries back in the day, and let you take your saves with you to a friend's place without having to bring your whole console.

The Nintendo 64 was unveiled to the public on November 24, 1995, and came out 212 days later, on June 30, 1996 (like the NX and every other system here, it was first mentioned over a year before, but this was the first time Nintendo ever gave any real information on the system other than that it was going to be 64-bit).
The GameCube was unveiled on August 24, 2000, and came out 386 days later, on September 14, 2001.
The Wii is a bit trickier. It appeared at E3 2004 (Iwata held the system up), but no details were given. Instead, I'll use September 15, 2005, when Nintendo first detailed the controller. The Wii came out 430 days after this, on November 18, 2006.
The Wii U was unveiled at E3 2011, on June 7th, 2011, and didn't come out until November 18th, 2012, a whopping 530 days later.
The other companies have had similar periods, often stretching over a year. The Sega Saturn, usually remembered for its "surprise" launch, was actually unveiled at either CES 1994 or on February 16th, 1994 (depending upon what you consider "unveiling"), and came out 279 days later, on November 22, 1994.

The shortest gulf in recent memory belongs to the Xbox One, which came out a brisk 185 days after it was announced.

So...how long will the NX gap be? Assuming the March date holds, the longest it could be (provided it was announced tomorrow) is 195 days (which would result in a March 31st release date).

Having said that, Nintendo almost always releases their consoles on weekends (typically Sunday, but there are exceptions, like the Japanese launches of the Wii and Wii U, which came out on Saturdays; the European Wii launch was on a Friday). This puts the latest they could launch the system on March 26th, which is 190 days from tomorrow.

In other words, if Nintendo unveils the console on the 23rd or later, assuming the NX hasn't been delayed and they keep up with their tradition of weekend launches, they will have broken the Xbox One's record for shortest unveiling-release gap.

It could also free a lot of RAM if the tablet wasn't always required. Just poorly designed overall.

I think they're preparing a return to form. Like they'll go back to why people loved Nintendo in the first place

The Gamecube was a lot better than the N64.

Better controller, better games, better accessories.

It's March 4, and the reveal window is probably now to the second week of October. So the maximum is 167 and the minimum is about 141.

Nice research man, I appreciate it.
Only further strengthens my belief that if they don't announce it by next week, it's delayed for sure.

>streaming a video to a screen
>free a lot of RAM
You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

its over user. move on. no one listens to techno.

Wasn't it supposed to have a mid-september revel?

Why do you assume a delay is more likely than simply a short gap? Especially when the BotW release date was just accidentally posted on Nintendo France yesterday, and is in March?

1GB is always allocated for the gamepad & system functions, architecture wise.

Plenty of people listen to techno, Eminem

the Wii could copy saves to a SD card

>gamepad & system functions
>& system
Yes, that's important. The Wii U OS runs while games run so you can go to the home menu, use the browser, etc. This is the same as all modern consoles. PS4 apparently uses up to 3.5 GB of RAM for the OS, and Xbone uses 3.

I want the NX to be exactly like the Wii Mini.

Forgettable?

Joking aside, yeah it'll probably be tiny

>Why do you assume a delay is more likely than simply a short gap?
Just seems more logical to me. The BotW amiibos are for the Wii U too.
The NX version don't necessarily have to launch on the exact same day.
This way they'll also be able to sell the last few Wii Us

For some reason that's what I keep picturing. Probably has to do with how "edgy" the codename/logo for NX are. Like, actual diagonal edges.

For the fucking millionth time it's not a hybrid

it's multiple devices:
handheld : DMP + Arm
console: AMD + Arm

unified ARM achitecture.

He's right though, Nintendo is done for

so no online support or backwards compatibility?

>PS4 apparently uses up to 3.5 GB of RAM for the OS, and Xbone uses 3.
For what exactly? The OS barely does anything. IIRC PS4 uses linux and that consumes next to nothing.

I just want a vertical screen option

perfect for schmups and classic rpgs

>The NX version don't necessarily have to launch on the exact same day.

The OSes of those systems are gigantic. Xbone is basically Windows. They all have lots of features and apps and shit, those all run separately so the RAM is reserved. It may not be using all 3.5 GB, but it's reserved, so games can't use it.

Yeah, not everything they promised is set in stone. If they say the NX is delayed then that's that. Nothing you can do about it.

Never trust Nintendo. They also said BotW would come out in 2015, or was it 2014?

Nobody trusts tentative years-off dates for games that have just been announced. That tweet is from after the game had already been revealed and demo'd for hours at E3, giving a very close release date and specifically saying the launcg is simultaneous. There's no comparison.

>5) Project Giant Robot, maybe
that game came out long ago

I want a Gameboy again, a solid grey plastic box , that will last forever.

Over the past years I just learned to never be optimistic or take anything they say for granted.
And most of the time I was still let down.

>Project Reality
>Dolphin
>Oxygen
>Nitro
>Revolution
>Project Cafe
>Citrus
>NX

One of these code names is not like the other. Doesn't anyone else find it weird? I feel like NX is just the PR name, not its actual internal name, which further proves that all "leaks" so far are complete bullshit because unlike the Wii U, nobody even knows its real code name.

>I feel like NX is just the PR name, not its actual internal name
It's just the abbreviation for Nintendo Cross

No, it's the internal name. At Nintendo, the internal and PR name are the same.

Nintendo would be retarded to name the NX anything else at this point.

NX sounds could. It sounds "NeXt gen" It sounds like a NEW thing.

It doesn't need some fucking gimmicky name. NX is a perfect name that already has recognition.

It will be something else, I guarantee it

Such fucking bullshit. Do they really think that not saying a fucking peep about it when it's this close is helping them? There is a fine line between being tight lipped and pure agonizing bullshit. It's starting to get into the agonizing bullshit phase and it's killing my hype.

Given the Wii U flop, guess the brainwashing wave wore out.

>This way they'll also be able to sell the last few Wii Us
I'm pretty sure the whole point of releasing it on NX was to boost NX sales. If they release it on Wii U months ahead of time, all those guaranteed sales go down the drain.

I dunno, especially with such a close-cutting reveal, would they risk the "nobody even knows what it is" thing by renaming it? Everybody (who isn't a kid) already knows it as NX. Previously, consoles had a year or two under their codename, then a big E3-ish reveal with the real title, then months and months of PR under that name.

>Do they really think that not saying a fucking peep about it when it's this close is helping them?
I don't think they are voluntarily keeping quiet just for the sake of it, probably waiting for some footage, organizational troubles or the company they outsourced the presentation video to has run into troubles.
This won't just be a simple direct.

I'm bored and just reading a bunch of Nintendo stuff. If you haven't read the investor presentation by Iwata after the announcement of their mobile partnership, give it a look, it provides some interesting perspective on Nintendo mobile vs. consoles besides Cred Forums shitposting.

nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2015/150317/index.html

That makes sense. I own all consoles and not someone who says "HURR DUUR XBOX! HURRR DURRR SONY PONY!" But mother fucker they are dropping the ball. There is no excuse. But from that perspective it reminds me that shit like that could happen.

Also, I wonder if they won't do some special collaboration with a celebrity in Japan.

Their recent Nintendo directs have all been held by a staff member instead of the president. I have a feeling they'll want someone more charismatic to do the job.

I don't know about the English directs though, I never watch those.

Well, that's because Kimishima isn't charismatic at all. Having Takeda or another senior employee do it has been a good move so far. Dunno who they'd get if it were a celebrity, considering they need an English version too.

youtube.com/watch?v=eL9Lmd-ndjA
Peer is "100% convinced" that the NX will use memory cards (i.e. like 3DS carts).
NX is a portable device you can dock to your TV and play games (confirmed by their own sources & NX developers)
Share button seems plausible
They're really skeptical of the "split d-pad" rumor considering the traditional d-pad has been a focus of their marketing lately and the d-pad is something people love about Nintendo's systems, but anything's possible.
Detachable controllers are low budget. Very cheap (like the Wii nunchuck). Peer has heard they're using IR and it's not your main way of controlling the game (a "travel controller"). Speculates they could make cheap controllers that attach to the system.
Peer thinks the 720p resolution for the screen is "very credible" and "very highly likely".
One developer talked to Peer and called NX "a reboot for Nintendo". Peer says to him it means carts, not having to decide between playing on a console/portable whether going back to the glory days of NES, SNES, and the Wii.
They think the SCD with a dock with additional hardware is possible.

>nx_rumors_and_bullshit.jpg
Thanks user, it wouldn't be an NX thread without this!

It's fine as long as it's someone who also speaks English like back with Iwata.

I have a feeling they're gonna overhaul the entire concept of nintendo directs.

Do you think all these games getting delayed til March 2017 have anything to do with the NX?

They're gearing up for an entire brand overhaul. Nintendo is changing fir the better, while still staying "Nintendo"

Bullshit to go with the other bullshit. Outside a handful of games, we know nothing about NX

Which games?

True.

Remember how Twilight Princess ended up launching a few weeks earlier on Wii than GC?

0%

who wants that though? Wants the PSBone with Mario and Zelda?

nintendo is interesting now because they offer different experiences. Playing the same game on your handheld, plugging it into a tv, and playing with friends is a long sought after gaming experience. To me that'd be the only reason to get an NX; if its just a stronger Wii-U then I'll emulate BotW and forget about it

Yeah, because the Wii was the newer console that they wanted to promote.
He's saying they should promote the old, dead console instead of the new console that they're trying make the next big shit.

I hope it doesn't come in only black or white. I want more colorful systems, not a boring block.

>3-4 years
because that's a reasonable time frame? Are you serious?

The simultaneously launch makes the most sense. It may make some Wii U owners want the better version and get the NX. It may make some holdouts decide now's the time to finally get a Wii U and pick the best games from its lifetime. And of course it may convince people now's the time to get back into Nintendo systems, after skipping the Wii U, and get NX.

Depends on the game. Like Shovel Knight's Spring 2017 expansion makes me think its getting an NX version.

>How do you know capcom didn't explicitly give Sprites Inc. the rights to their IP?

We don't, we would probably have to ask and hope for a reply.

>there's a big difference between a developer using an IP without express rights, which is what most Nintendo fangames do

Because there is a stigma against asking. Bringing attention to yourself is just asking for a C&D and most people would rather work on it and have at least something to show for it then chance a company deciding to let some no name let them do what they want.

Even the guy that did the Megaman X Street Fighter game had already done some work on it to show as a proof of concept to Capcom before he continued. He took a chance and got lucky that Capcom wanted something for the anniversary.

But the truth is that most companies would shut down any project brought to their attention in an instant and Nintendo more so.

Irrelivent, it isn't backwards compatible anyway.

>Because there is a stigma against asking.
that's because you're supposed to ask BEFORE going ahead with the project.

A Splatoon sequel seems inevitable. Moreso, not having even the possibility of a second screen seems to shut the door to various paradigms Nintendo has been comfortably relying on ever since the DS. Maybe not everyone sees it this way, but as a Wii U owner from the start, it will suddenly seem weird if not every Nintendo console has two screens.

Man I can't wait for a mainline pokemon game for this thing. I sold my 3DS a while ago and really like what Sun/Moon are looking like, so I can only imagine how great gen 8 will be on a home console

>Pokemon
>home console
Seems a little Farfetch'd.

...Has there been a home console Pokemon game since Coliseum and XD?

no 'adventure' ones

>No Splatoon
>No Pokkenn: Poketag Tournament
>No Donkey Kong's Crash Course 2
Did you even have a Wii U?

>Donkey Kong's Crash Course 2
That game is disturbing.

Yup they thought it was some ubisoft dev building or some shit

Not that it's necessarily any more credible than anything else, but who's the source of the September 20th rumor? People just keep saying "some French guy." Link?

Why don't you watch the English directs? Do the Japanese ones have subs?

Because the English directs only show me games I already cleared months ago.

There you are

What with all these stupid hardware revisions I can only hope they go into the game with expansions in mind. I'm tired of being shafted for buying the "inferior" version of a console at launch.

Other than that I just want it to be able to hook up to my TV and not have a stupid controller.

>buying the "inferior" version of a console at launch
That's only handhelds, though.

In Nintendo history, yes.
But things are changing now.

And the PS4.
And the Xbox.
And even the Wii for the removal of GC support.

But we're talking about Nintendo.

>even the Wii for the removal of GC support
The revision in that case (Wii Mini) is an inferior version of the Wii. Don't think that counts.

I'm talking about what the other companies are doing and how Nintendo can respond.

And it wasn't just the wii mini. Later Wii models removed the GC controller ports and game support while still otherwise looking like a normal wii.

Why should Nintendo have to do anything to respond to shit like the Scorpio (even though the PS3 and 360 also had upgraded revisions)? If you haven't noticed, they sort of don't care about what the other hw makers do.

Hardware revisions are to be expect though. Parts gets better, smaller, more efficient, and cheaper.

I'm saying I hope they would. I don't really expect anything sensible decisions from nintendo at this point.

Who says you gotta buy an entire new console though? I'm talking Sega CD/32X type expansions.

That doesn't make any sense. You said
>I'm tired of being shafted for buying the "inferior" version of a console at launch
But that's exactly what the Scorpio and Pro are. Nintendo NOT doing that is a good thing.

Fuck me I want all of these

Okay, I kind of get your point about expansions. Upgrade the hardware without buying the console again. Eh, it could work, but that would be some serious back to the future 1990s shit. Personally I'm fine with the release specs of Nintendo's console so far.

Nintendo has always been sensible with hardware expansions, and if a game needed them they came with them.

Back when they still designed consoles with some room for improval in mind.

Idk much about the specs but is even possible this thing will be 4k? it seems like it needs to be if it want to compete with sony and microsofts new hardware

>user posts wacky cuhrayzee ideas
>shitposters pretend they sound good so they can complain how Nintendo has "changed too much"

>he thinks Nintendo competes with Sony and Microsoft hardware
Someone's never heard of the blue ocean. Are you new here?

as of now, the PS4PRO and XboneS aren't 4k native, so the NX wouldn't need to be in order to compete. The Scorpio, however...

I hate how console kids talk about resolution as if it's a feature that can be built into something

no, there's no way that the nx will render games at 4k.

perhaps it'll have HDR features while rendering 1080p images on 4k televisions, but that's a stretch even

None of the consoles will be 4k.

>The Scorpio, however...
Still wont be native 4k. It will have to run games at a lesser resolution and upscale.

I didn't think it would, is it atleast as powerful as pspro?

>I hate how console kids talk about resolution as if it's a feature that can be built into something
that's why they're console kids, they don't know anything about hardware, nor do they understand that a lot of it is down to optimisation on the developer's end.

depends entirely on the graphical fidelity of those games, but given the push for 'muh realism', you're almost undoubtedly correct.

nobody has even the slightest clue what hardware the NX has, there's even debates over whether it's a home console or andheld, or some kind of mix of both.

What rock did you crawl out from under?

>as powerful as pspro?
what the fuck does this even mean?
powerful how? it's GPU? It's processor?

you dont even know how to ask the right questions, and even if you did, you should know that there are not easy answers to them

bottom line is you'll find out when/if it gets third party support and you can compare the games to other systems

Considering Sony rushed the PS4Pro onto the market to not give the NX any advantages, probably not. You never know though.

Honestly, I think they could give away with having a GPU that's on par or slightly better than the PS4's but with a much better CPU. That would help a ton performance wise.

leaked

Why can't they just reveal the damn thing already!?

are you winning son?

BotW Amiibos release date for the Wii U shouldn't have anything to do with the NX, should it? Was there ever any info that the NX could use Amiibos?

BotW was confirmed to release simultaneously on Wii U and NX; on top of this, the NX version was confirmed as being "identical to the Wii U version", which would presumably include Amiibos.

i had that console when I was a kid..

>the NX version was confirmed as being "identical to the Wii U version"
This was never said. In fact Anouma said in a couple interviews that the "visual experience would be different." It is the same game though, not a different version.

he said they'll be the "same experience"*, so again presumably that'd include the amiibos. Didn't realise he also said the graphics will be better for the NX version, but that also seems to be true.

* nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-the-same-experience-on-nx-and-wii-u-supports-pro-controller/

I agree they don't, but why wouldn't it have amiibo support? Surely they aren't gonna abandon such a major new feature just like that. New 3DS added it for a reason.

Ninty's adding some stuff on Steam guys

Does the "March 4th" shit stem from the release date leak for the BotW Link Amiibo?

god I fucking wish

I fucking WISH it could just be a Gamecube 2.0, the market is primed and ready for it!

the gamecube flopped and it deverved to and a retread of the gamecube would flop as well.

different market back then, in today's market it would do well, especially considering it's fucking NINTENDO

>in today's market it would do well
it really wouldn't.

The market for franchises around in the GCN era have been largely forgotten by today (hell, they didn't even do that well during the GCN era, hence most [aside from Pikmin] were ditched). On top of this, the costs to create a decent-spec machine would kill their margins and "budget" (compared to competitors, anyway) image they've gained in more recent years. They'd benefit, financially, far more from targeting the 'normie' crowd (for lack of a better word) - with mobile games as a means of promotion, and deals with major third parties so the dudebros get their CoD and FIFAs, all with a big marketing push (ads with a catchy slogan, and an edgier/"hardcore" appeal). That's what sells in today's market.

>exclamation point
Reddit's that way

Sept. 20th

I remember nintendo doing a event specifically to show off the 3DS around early 2010 to detail all the games somewhat like spaceworld.

Think it was called "Nintendo World 2011"?

Holy crap it's been five years since i got my 3DS, I feel so old.

Hold on, I ment Early 2011. My bad.

I think they'll do something like that after they announce it.

But honestly, their schedule is all over the place. I wonder why they are stalling for so long.

I have a feeling they wanted to wait until Super Mario Run got announced, so they could get attention from all the Applefags.

No, its conformes it plays ports

both of them
in portable mode the graphics will look like a ps 3 game but in home mode the fps will increase making a visual enhancement upgrading the console

Whatever it is i hope they advertise it.
I literally have never seen an ad about Wii U other than the ones for splatoon here in mexico.

Now we are getting ads for 2DS and 3DS and other Mario stuff, pic related.

16bit audio is really low so there's a reason to change it in a world of standard 24bit 192

No one posted the Comfiest most God Tier Moock ever created for the NX that it's probably better than the actual thing

This is about the sample rate, not the bit depth, dummy.

HOLY SHIT

I would give my ballsack and a lifetime of limp dick for this

all moneys take mine now of

I would buy this, it would be a PSVita but with games.

*music stops
*record screaches

"You're problem wondering how I ended up writing this post"

"It all began when I finally saw a mock up of probably the greatest handheld mock up I've ever seen"

looks like a psvita, boring, they need new interesting gimmicks on the console for me and other gamers to buy it. Ex: Wiimote

Those colorful buttons! FUCK YES!

It's also a phone

That's just a Wii U gamepad with flatter sticks.

This beautifl manes

was about to post this.

anyone saying they like that mockup may as well buy a wii u right now.

>Audio Jack
Nintendo is with Apple now, forget it!

Those sticks dont look very appealing

Whatever it is I'm fully expecting the real name to be a million times less cool than "NX". It's practically tradition at this point that Nintendo's code names are way more interesting than the final thing.

NX will release next year, making the Wii U 5 years old by the time they officially abandon it. All Nintendo hardware cycles lasts 5 years.
No idea with Sony or MS tho. For me, they should be worrying about getting more exclusives and actually releasing them.

Who else picking it up on release regardless?
I'm an idort and Nintendo / Sony platforms always have good exclusives for me to pick up.

Plus if it's true that it's going to be a hybrid, even if it somehow is weaker than the Xbone (though I'd bet it'll be between the xbone and ps4 or slightly stronger than the ps4), a 720p handheld is too good to pass up. The Vita even with its 540p was godly, and only sucked because of a lack of any support, a problem Nintendo handhelds never really have.
Plus it means aan HD (true) Monster Hunter with good controls again.

Kek

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO i thought i was the only one

yeah

ME NUGGUH

Wtf? No, that's not how arguments work, if you are presenting a fact you are the one responsible to prove it.

>Who else picking it up on release regardless?
No, never ever. I made that mistake with the Wii U.
If at least 3-5 games I actually want are out, then I'll get it.

No, expect nothing but a delay announcement Jan 2017

You're stupid then. Nintendo hasn't been worth supporting Day 1 since the fucking GameCube. The 3DS gets support for games over Vita for install base, but also because it's cheaper to develop games at 240p. This is a hybrid of two terrible endgames: too expensive to support 720p handhelds and too cheap to bother making a port for big name titles. This is doomed so hard.

I love how much shilling Treehouse has been doing for the NX. As if that's going to save it from being a failure. Good job! Keep it up! You might break 200k on release!

It has all of Nintendo's first party devs on a single platform for the first time since the original NES.

On release? No way. I always wait at least a few months before even considering picking up a new console.

I likely will wind up getting it regardless, though, even if just as a family device. Nintendo fucks up a lot but at least they still keep up with the local multiplayer and party games.

>this amount of insecurity on an anonymous imageboard
lmao

you want a GCN 2.0 console, pick up a WiiU!

:^)

$0.50 has been added to your account. Thanks for your help in spreading the word of Nintendo!

>he thinks Nintendo actually HAS to pay people for shilling
please

So you're not allowed to discuss the NX?

Unfortunatelly Japanese games are no longer something to buy a Playstation console over anymore.
Their console industry is going to shit, which is making their games lower quality, and most are going to PC (except for the ones published by Sony ofc)

>NX reveal
NEVER EVER

>they made a pepe movie
this is why memes going mainstream is cancer

You're not allowed to discuss any sort of upcoming or recent release, otherwise you are some sort of shill.

Isn't Cred Forums such a great place to discuss videogames

My friend. My friend, that movie was from 2007.

>he never watched Flush Away
get out tumblr

Your mom flushed away some semen.

damn son, don't have to tell me about what your mother do on the daily basis.

Except since the gamecube, games started using 41000hz. Now with the Wii U, 48000hz.

44100hz*

I want to bet that it's an hybrid portable/home console AND VR !

Tbh, if the nx is the tablet-like device that we saw in every fan-design with every gimmick from their past consoles (gyro, motion controls, camera, ...), I don't see why they couldn't make a Gear VR like device for NX (it would cost way less than the PSVR since you would already have most of what's needed for a VR headset in the base console)

he was talking about frequency, not bitrate.

I hope not. I tried a lot of VR and had to deal with it at uni lectures.
It honestly adds nothing to games at all. Really hope Nintendo doesn't fall for it.

>It honestly adds nothing to games at all
Except more eye strain.

Nintendo have expressed a disinterest in VR

Nintendo or Miyamoto ?
Also they said the same for mobile games and dlcs, plus they're the one who released the virtual boy.

This mockup is hot. Colorful buttons are required as well.

Eventually two of your brain cells will collide, and then you will understand.

Nintendo have done glasses-free 3D. What if glasses-free VR?

THE NX IS A BRAIN IMPLANT!

Suddenly it all makes sense.

The Nintendo Heroine

>Implying he has more than on brain cell
Where do you think you are?

My guess is breath of the wild

SPLA2N, 5MAS5, Zelda and a gimmick Mario game are confirmed atleast.
Everything else is a rumor.

>Also they said the same for mobile games and dlcs
Not really, the quotes some people posted about are taken greatly out-of-context, and are from almost a decade ago. Also, the virtual bow is not the best example to backup your claim, given how badly it bombed.

>like there's a Resident Evil 7 rumour going around, due to Capcom trademarking a cartridge release of the game or something.
Capcom always trademarks their games with that sort of language.

>SPLA2N, 5MAS5
these are not confirmed, the former isn't confirmed at all yet and the latter is almost a guarantee to arrive at some point, but isn't confirmed as a launch title (same goes for Mario really)

>SPLA2N
Octolings, customizable faces, a longer story mode and multi maps using all the gimmicks from the story mode or riot.

>the most successful shit Nintendo has put in the entire century
Spla2n is 1000% confirmed. It's just a matter of when. But seeing how the early access model of the first game worked so well, they may as well do it again.

and for splatoon 3, octolings and squid kids join forces against abyssal alien robots.

just because it was an insane hit doesn't mean it's actually confirmed though, but whatever it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, confirmed is definitely the wrong word to use.

We still have Cuttlings.

That's true. And those would look quite scary. Has anyone mocked up any new species like this?

>tfw the inkling that it might be revealed next weeks makes every work day agonizingly longer

First comes the Callie & Marie Hatsune Miku spinoff game.
Spla2n will come 1-2 years after NX release.

If by scary you mean unexpectedly sexy, sure. I guess they'd have to have a longer, alien like, head with those peculiar flaps at the end.

Nintendo officially confirming it is just a formality at this point.

>the Callie & Marie Hatsune Miku spinoff game.
They don't have quite enough songs for that yet. After Spla2n comes out, sure.

>Callie & Marie Hatsune Miku spinoff game

Wait wtf how did my sister get the NX early?

It's still not confirmed until they say it, right now it's just an inevitability. Either way, there's no telling when it will actually be released.

I'd prefer customizable hair over faces tbqh

kek, that looks like the gamexplain guy

Don't act like it isn't gonna happen. They've had Splatoon concerts, they know what people want.

>Wario's Wild West
>A western game starring Wario, start your own Mario themed gang and rob trains, hold up banks, and kidnap princesses.

Is Bomberman in it? Please......

>Nintendo hasn't been worth supporting Day 1 since the fucking GameCube.

The GameCube had like 2 games at launch.

the NX is gonna have Melee 2 (pic related) released, right?

Pro yes, Scorpio not so much. The Xbox One will always be forward compatible with the Scorpio and future Xboxes until it becomes too old to run those games. Xbox is essentially a PC for the living room now, what Microsoft always wanted it to be. When the PS5 is announced I expect Sony to leave the PS4 and Pro audience hanging and starting over as they always did. Microsoft is done with that.

wait, isn't this Wavedash Games' platform fighter?

What is this?

ye
smashboards.com/threads/wavedash-games-unveils-their-space-animal.441698/
youtu.be/0zHUUjcAw90

>we want the Fox Only audience

Do they have any actual gameplay videos?
Because I wanna laugh at how bad it looks in motion.

The laziest shit I've seen in a while.

A butt-ugly mock up. I mean, jeebus.

hey, i guess this means we can have "Good Gameplay" back in newer Smashes after this game finds its successful?

looks like shit senpai

HORY SHITE, HORY SHITE.

Pleaseeeee be real.

>Bowser Vs Aliens
>Wario's Wild West

Fuckkkkkky fuckkky i want all these games so much.

It's like they're trying to mimick Overwatch's artstyle with an "ORIGINAL CHARACTER TOTALLY NOT FOX DO NOT STEAL"
I hope that the gameplay will be good.

i wonder if someone attempted did a scan of those hashes

no b/c I knew it was fake and then proceed to ignore the Cred Forumstards that did

this and their last reveal character scream "Hero Shooter" as fuck

i'll reconsider this until they show off the competitive gameplay
>Warchamp killed Project M for this

Are you gay?

Less than 5%

>having dildos means you're gay
this fucking website I swear

Not op, but I am a homosex, but i don't own a dildo.

Well, either that or you're a woman? (and a pretty shameless one at that)

Says a lot more about the Wii and U

What if he keep it to use it on women?

Why would he do that when he has a dick?
Makes no sense.

For women who have more than one hole ?

Just like every other "leak."