So I just completed Blood and Wine last night, and thus finished my adventure with the Witcher 3

So I just completed Blood and Wine last night, and thus finished my adventure with the Witcher 3.

What a wild ride it has been. I've read all the books in original Polish, played the first two games multiple times, and it took me almost 300 hours to complete TW3. Geralt chilling with Regis after the shitstorm died down was the perfect way to end it, I got so emotional when the title logo popped up.

And then that little fucking scene, the one where Geralt acknowledges he can finally rest and looks directly at you and smiles.
>I never asked for this feel
It's like after following his adventures from the very beginning in the books and spending hundreds and hundreds of hours with him in the game, he acknowledges you and says goodbye. This is the single greatest and most memorable fourth wall break I've ever seen, just thinking back to it brings tears to my eyes ;_;

All in all, I think Blood and Wine was on par with Hearts of Stone. It's been an emotional roller coaster, and I can't imagine a more perfect way to say farewell to Geralt. At least it soothes to think that he's now retired in his comfy vineyard villa with Yennefer (trissfags get out)

post it on reddit for upbotes

now get the fuck out

The witcher 3 is overrated and shitty enjoy your normie meme game lolololololololol

Yes the little nod was pretty fucking well done

like clockwork

Yeah I liked it too.

Witcher fanboys are groan inducing

Skyrim>Witcher 3

Prove me wrong oh wait you can't.

This is how your spend your weekends? Pretending to be an ass on the internet?

>DLC for the true end
why is this allowed?

It's cdpr so they get away with it. Cdpr drones are the worst.

why is it that every witcher thread gets flooded with shitposting?

you do know you get the proper ending in the base game? this is more like a last adventure, besides it's a full on expansion and not some shitty horse armor

that's what happens you spend over a year spamming threads claiming it's perfect

It's the goty thing. If it didn't win, the autists wouldn't have been offended

>telling lies
It's mostly been witcher hate threads you people have been creating for a year and a half.

good goy.
if you really think "hate" threads started first, you're very new

>literally everyone who's judgement isn't clouded by memes and anime unanimously agrees it's one of the best rpg's ever made
>hurr y-you guys are just spamming threads, nobody actually likes the game, bloodborne shoud have won goty r-right bros?

who are you quoting?

>what is the hundreds of downgrade threads like a year before release

that happens to every fucking popular game that gets downgraded a lot.
just look at FFXV

Syanna is such a qt, I wish she took turns with her sister dominating me and sitting on my face with her unwashed anus

Also she did nothing wrong

if the post was about some random jrpg or a souls game you'd be applauding it

god Cred Forums is so fucking hypocritical

you sure assumed a lot from that post.

well it's true, if you're not shitposting or praising something made in japan chances are you'll be called a redditor

not even true.

I seriously think that the reason for all the hate is that people are mad that the Witcher gets good games and their favorite games don't.

Witcher 2 was boring and generic as hell.

>wearing the urine meme armor
>unironically saying that BnW was anywhere near HoS
You make me sick.

I've only played the Witcher 2+3, so maybe someone can answer this question:

If we're going by the series sequentially, are we to believe that Dettlaff is the strongest enemy Geralt has ever faced?

BnW was better. I don't get what everyone gets their dicks so wet about HoS. It was great, most everything about TW3 was great, but it wasn't anything THAT special. I liked BnW story more, and it did atmosphere WAY better.

did nothing wrong.

goodbye

Up until he started massacring the toussaint population

other than Master Mirror I guess so.

i liked HOS story more but overall, bnw was better.

it also helped it was released in okt to get the halloween theme going.

the reason HoS was so great is because it was a modern retelling of an old polish legend, it was very experimental of the writers to use the video game medium as an adaptation of old folk stories and polish cult classics (an old polish heist movie and a play about a wedding attended by spirits were all clear influences)

it's pretty unfair and ignorant to compare other witcher stories to it, obviously none of them will be the unique experiments that HoS was

Blood and Wine was fantastic in the context of Witcher storytelling, you explored a new land and culture, and most notably you got to learn more about vampires who weren't really touched upon that much in earlier entries and the books

Unseen Elder or Gaunter is the strongest enemy

yeah I thought so too and I was doing my best to reach a happy resolution with him, but in the end I killed him because he pretty much forced me

it's like with Dijkstra, I really liked the fucker and wanted to support him but the cost was too high as I couldn't abandon Broche

>in his comfy vineyard villa with Yennefer (trissfags get out)

Bitch please.

Especially with the incestigator Regis gave him, this ending was some real shit.

>he's a yencuck

>t. non-book reader

also trissfags are just fucking manchildren who want a pretty girl with no personality

What do the books tell btw?

t. not him, only played TW3

>Story rich immersive action open-world rpg
>Fantastic side quests and main quests
>Fantastic Graphics, soundtrack, animations, cutscenes, detail to the game-world
>120+ hrs of quality content
>Deep and immersive story that brings you tears
>Varied side-quests, consequences, deep rpg-elements
>Best open-world ever made with tons of exploration
>16 FREE DLCS, 16, I repeat 16 free DLCS
>2 BIG expansion packs just for 10-20$ that have more quality content than full 60$ games
>Continuous support through patches and bug fixes

Seriously why is CDPR so based? How they manage to create this masterpiece? Holy fuck this game is not a video game, it is an art.

they explore geralt's and yennefer's relationship quite in depth, showing that despite all the fighting and bitchiness she was extremely loyal and dedicated to geralt and ciri and loved them both to death

one of the examples is when yennefer and geralt were separated and yennefer went around raising the prices for witcher contracts so that he'd get enough money to survive, and she practically gave her life trying to save him at the end of the saga

triss was pretty minor character aside from blood of elves where she spent time with ciri and the witcher in kaer morhen, she was always good to geralt and all but they were just lovers, it was even stated at some point that she got turned on by the energy that the witchers emanated with, so she pretty much just fetishises witcher cock

You're gonna carry that weight ;_;

At which point of the main story should one play the DLCs? I'm doing everything in game, 126 hours = lvl26 in Skellige, the game is so massive

Best RPG since Ultima VIIs, Poland is based as fuck.

If only combat was on par with Souls/Bloodborne it would be best game ever created.

just do them after you finishing everything desu, release order

the dlc's have some pretty challenging enemies, I got absolutely rekt by the first HoS boss on death march and had to do a new build, even though the base game was easy mode

play HOS before the final boss. play BNW after finishing the main game.

Dunno, personally I'd probably do them after main story. However HoS also fits earlier nicely. B&W really should be played after.

Just make sure to have the enemy upscaling box ticked in your settings whatever you do

>it's pretty unfair and ignorant to compare other witcher stories to it
Just because it's head and shoulders above anything else in the series doesn't mean it's an unfair comparison.

>you explored a new land and culture
And it was fantastic. But then you get to the main story and realize that its writing is just slightly better than W3's. Doesn't help that the best part of BnW is a reference to HoS.
Overall though, I still enjoyed it for what it was. It's just that everything about it, aside from Anarietta, could've been done better.

>Just because it's head and shoulders above anything else in the series
Just why?

yeah, but nevertheless I found the combat to be one of the most enjoyable elements, played on the highest difficulty

the thing that brings it down most is that it kinda lacks the responsiveness and total control that souls games give you, and your hits feel like they don't have much weight to them

but still it's pretty good and better than any other open world rpg game's combat, maybe apart from dragon's dogma

you ignored everything else I've written, HoS story was experimental as fuck and it was probably a one-off thing, we're lucky that the Witcher universe fitted perfectly for the kind of thing cdpr writers have planned in the first place

>>Deep and immersive story that brings you tears
I don't believe anyone actually thinks this.
The quest design sucks fucking balls too.

>The quest design sucks fucking balls too.
Cool now we can just ignore everything else you write

>everything about it, aside from Anarietta, could've been done better
the vampires were fantastic too, and fucking Regis, they took him straight out of the books

I teared in the quests where Geralt and Ciri met. And in the Blood and Wine dlc. Quest design is great.

why is he so fucking handsome

>I don't believe anyone actually thinks this.

literally everybody outside of Cred Forums? I personally cried twice during TW3

>And then that little fucking scene, the one where Geralt acknowledges he can finally rest and looks directly at you and smiles.
fucking amazing.

HoS and BaW were so good. where HoS had a perfect story BaW had a lot of new content.

will there be a better game thsi generation, my dude? probably not

>when Ciri comes to Kaer Morhen for the fist time and gets embraced by Yen and Triss
tears of joy.jpg

it was so nice to see my little waifu family united just this ocne

Except for being a rash prick no he didn't.

Yes
Cyberpunk 2077

mfw you're gonna carry that weight fits in perfectly with that scene

ooh yeah bro, I totes loved following glowing red shit while geralt mumbles exposition to the play- to himself for like a thousand times!
So refreshing and varied quest design, because as we all know, that mechanic doesn't repeat itself over and over and over and over and over again, again and again, right?

fresh af opinions my man

Lore-wise, Eredin is by far the most hard-core enemy Geralt could have faced.

Gameplay-wise, Detlaff is more dangerous because he's the end boss of what is basically an epic-level adventure module.

would you prefer just mindlessly following a marker on your map like in everything else? the whole witcher senses thing is a nice variation on what you usually get in open world rpg's, it's also very lore appropriate and helps you roleplay as a witcher

also you've conveniently left out how well written and directed every minor side quest is, the dialogues and decisions, fighting contract monsters etc

I didn't ignore anything, user. A lot of witcher lore (and book stories) was already based on slavic folklore. HoS took that further and it worked perfectly, experiment or not.

>they took him straight out of the books
And did nothing with him. Regis was painfully underutilized.

I read the books. Yen is a manipulative psycho who continually reads minds and uses magic to control people's minds. Cronologically the first time we see her she's enslaved an entire village, tries it on Geralt, fails, and then convinces him to make a wish that he'll be bound to her will forever.

Then she keeps reading his mind, tries to force him to give up his whole life, and tries to force him to start a family with her.

Yen can get fucked. Even if you aren't doing a Triss romance, she's a terrible person and a bad match for Geralt.

I'd prefer if the game actually treated its players like intelligent human beings and didn't place a literal cookie crumb trail in every single fucking quest

Shit like Eagle Sense or Arkham Vision gets a ton of shit on here but when its Witcher its suddenly okay because I don't know.

>also you've conveniently left out how well written and directed every minor side quest is, the dialogues and decisions, fighting contract monsters etc
Sure, all of that is pretty good except the contract monsters. They're just reskinned, ever-so-slightly tougher variants of other large enemies. I think theres like 5 fucking contracts where you kill the same kind of wraith.

>Shit like Eagle Sense or Arkham Vision gets a ton of shit on here but when its Witcher its suddenly okay because I don't know.

Because it makes sense lore wise?

Why are you making this Reddit post on Cred Forums?

Well said OP.

Arkham Vision does as well.
Also, justifying bad, boring and repetitive gameplay with "it fits with the lore" - is kind of lazy.
Just saying.

Because CDPR shills are massive cocksuckers and they're here to advertise Witcher, not to discuss it. Just sage their threads.

The gameplay was fucking shit though. You Polacks act all high and mighty over Witcher 3 when it's just average AAA westernshit we get five times in a year.

Im about to finish the dlc as well, and have never played any other witcher games or read the books. Are either worth investing time into? I enjoyed this one a decent amount

you don't get it, yeah, book stories were based on slavic folklore, but Hearts of Stone is by far the only actual beat for beat retelling of an old story, Pan Twardowski with some twists that allow it to fit the witcher universe, and this doesn't really happen at any other point as Geralt's adventures tend to be more or less original stories

In regard to Regis, he is the character that guides you around different vampire lore and is all in all a central character in Detlaff's arc who pushes you towards saving Syanna near the end. I don't think he was underutilised at all, to me just having that one conversation where you two chill and catch up was enough to keep me more than satisfied. And then the very last scene was with him too, it brought quite the feels.

Witcher 1 is great and 2 is okay too, both are worth a playthrough. Don't know about the books though.

Witcher 1 will be a major step backwards in graphics and gameplay. The plot is still good though.

Witcher 2 is similar to 3 for gameplay. Plot is great but you'll feel Iorveth's absence retrospectively if you go his path rather than Roche's for Witcher 3. Iorveth was cut content from 3, they ran out of time/money.

If you liked the game and enjoy reading you'll probably like the books. I'd actually suggest you get fan translations since the official ones are very dry.

>think theres like 5 fucking contracts where you kill the same kind of wraith.

Which ones? Name them.

I'm not sure if the books are worth recommending, I've only read them in the original language so I don't know whether the translation holds up. The appeal of the Witcher is how Polish and slavic it is, generally I have a hard time imagining how a western audience can fully appreciate and enjoy the world when they're not really in touch with slavic culture.

It's almost like you're on Cred Forums, not /lit/. And in the vidya Triss is just better than Yennifer.

Winds howling

>le bad gameplay meme
okay, so in this case what is an example of 'good' gameplay in an open world RPG?

Never forget, user.

except she's not
she's manipulative as fuck, doesn't tell you about the lodge, and worst of all she takes advantage of the fact that you lost your memory so that she can have geralt all to herself

Books are absolutely not worth in English. I mean, it's a competent translation but all the souls and uniqueness was ripped out of the books because whoever translated didn't really want to invent new words for their Polish counterpants. Any translation is apparently better than English, but I'd highly recommend a Slavic family of languages.

I can think of three off the top of my head, Devil by the Well in White Orchard, Jenny of the Wood in Velen, and White Lady out near Oxenfurt. Maybe you can fight the Plague Maiden on Fyke Island too but I've never pissed her off so I dunno.

It is kinda repetitive, I did a normal mode playthrough and NG+ on Death March, shit gets repetitive.

Should I refund Dead Rising and get the season pass? It's not like I hated it, but I'm low on money and I'm not too ecstatic about what I've seen so far.

I have the main Witcher 3 which I'd assume I've almost completed (Brothers in arms questline) and I'm currently running out of content by exploring every question mark on Skellige.

Vilgefortz is better than Eredin.

Gaunter>Elder>Vilgefortz

Nigga what? She didn't mind control the town she was in. The elders didn't like how she was making money by selling out her tools of trade so they started to talk shit about her which passed her off and led to her casting a spell on Geralt as payment for her saving Dandelion's life. Yeah she mind controlled Geralt but it wore off fast and Geralt decided to cast the wish on his own free will as that's what he wanted.

Absolutely, the expansions are GOAT

>manipulative as fuck

What, because she gets you to help her out a bit in Witcher 1? Which she apologises for?

As opposed to Yennefer, who's always reading your mind and trying to control it with magic? And who got back at the same time as Geralt, didn't lose her memory, and did fuck all to contact him or use her connections to find him because the high life at the Emperor's court was so good? And who orders Geralt around and manipulates him repeatedly in 3?

Vilgefortz was just a mage. Skilled, but Eredin would have gone through him like a hot knife through melted butter.

Also, the dudes Geralt talked to in that village where Yen was are under mental domination. She does that shit a lot because she regards people as retards and thinks it's easier and faster to do that than go to the effort of trying to talk to anyone else or explain shit.

All of them have different monsters.

Vilgefortz casually shit stomped Geralt,beat Yen in a magic duel, bitch slapped Regis and would have killed Geralt again of he wasn't so handicapped in his final fight. Eredin has an army so yeah he would beat Vilgefortz but in a 1v1 Vilgefortz shit stomps him. The dude moved faster than a witcher and was also stronger. Eredin ain't got shit on him.

>trissfags in charge of understanding characters and the story

Yen did lose her memories. Try to pay attention next time.

While a piece of shit game like for example DE:HR got a lot of shills because it sucked and needed hyping, TW3 hyping happens on its own because the game is great

>this delusion
dumb ass

>mfw that ending

Feels good man.

I got Blood & Wine at release but stopped playing approximately 2-3 hours from completion because I don't want the Witcher 3 experience to end.

I know exactly what you mean user, it took me like 3 months to complete it. I played so little because I knew that every quest completed brought me closer to saying farewell.

You should go through it though, it's worth it for the closure.

Vilgefortz beat Geralt in Round 1. Round 2 did not go so well for him. And in neither fight was Geralt hopped up on combat drugs.

That aside, Geralt isn't even the best fighter in the books. Leo Bonhart would straight-up wreck anyone else in a fight without magic or potions.

Eredin is a centuries, possibly *thousands* of years-old Elven weapon-master who's slaughtered his way across dozens of worlds. He lead the Wild Hunt from the front in actions that resulted in genocide for the races he fought.

One is clearly more dangerous than the other.

Bonhart is overrated.

>He lead the Wild Hunt from the front in actions that resulted in genocide for the races he fought.
damn, I actually really want to see that

>tfw no mountain blade inspired game set in the witcher universe where you play as a wild hunt commander on a bloody crusade in other dimensions

You ask her about it and she says she recovered much faster than Geralt and without outside help. Couple of months, tops, as opposed to Geralt's almost year of amnesia.

yeah, I think she also said she found out geralt was banging triss all this time so that's probably why she didn't find him sooner, she thought geralt regained his memories just as soon as her

Killed three Witchers in straight fights. Wrecks Geralt harder than Vilgefortz.

Does go out like a bitch but then Ciri is OP as fuck. Also he was old by then.

The Aen Ell are giant dicks. The Wild Hunt apparently act like the Predators from the movies and target the most dangerous prey they can find but that's mostly out of decadence. Back in the Aen Ell's heydey they'd just wipe out entire worlds with bio-magicially engineered plagues. They killed off the Vran with one and in the novels Ciri realises the valley she's standing in at one point has actually been filled level with human bones.

I kinda wish she could have been more selective when she fought the White Frost, let it eat all the Elven worlds because fuck those guys, seriously.

Eh, that's a line that doesn't make too much sense because of how prior choices are (or in this case, aren't) tracked. It's entirely possible to complete the prior two games without banging anyone, let alone Triss.

On the other hand Yen is a jealous, possessive psycho any way so accusing Geralt of infidelity is totally what she'd do regardless.

She still could have gotten to Geralt within a year just by going to Kaer Morhen during the winter. The remaining Wolf school Witchers always go back there then. Or had someone from the Lodge and Geralt meets plenty in the games) pass on a message for her.

It's just a bit awkward, I kinda think it would have been a smoother integration if she'd returned only a few days before the game started. I thought with the trailers that she had arrived in some recent battle between Nilfgaard and the Northern Kingdoms but whatever.

Geralt fucks Triss no matter what in the canon timeline during the first game.