Why do developers continue to port games to PC when they don't buy anything?

Why do developers continue to port games to PC when they don't buy anything?

Because the money they gain from sales is higher than the money they spend on porting. This is called "making a profit". Stop making this shitty thread over and over again.

[Sep, 2004] PS2 Monster Hunter (Capcom) < 20,000
[May, 2006] PSP Monster Hunter Freedom (Capcom) < 20,000
[Aug, 2007] PSP Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (Capcom) - I don't have data for this title.
[Jun, 2009] PSP Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Capcom) - 68,768
[Apr, 2010] WIU Monster Hunter 3 Tri (Capcom) - 126,000
[Mar, 2013] 3DS + WIU Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) < 130,000
[Feb, 2015] 3DS Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom) < 195,000 (290,000 including digital sales)
[Jul, 2016] 3DS Monster Hunter Generations (Capcom) > 165,000

wtf i hate pc now
fuck off

>using steam spy as a source

You're a fucking idiot, even the owner has said in the past that its hardly ever accurate when it comes to sales.

why is there NO torrents for this out yet??

>Why don't PC gamers buy shit games

Geez I have no clue.

DENUVO!

Because rheyre already driwnj my in shit games.

FPBP

>>Why don't PC gamers buy shit games
>goat simulator is a top seller

Yeah ok

This game is pretty expensive for a vita port desu

Of course the most relevant post here will be ignored.

No it's an estimate, he tells you not to use it as actual 100% accurate data since idiots keep ignoring simple statistics and even the very obviously mentioned margin of error.

Because 35K sales is still better than 0 sales you fuck.

first post best post

Isn't this fallacy disproved many times already by the companies themselves?

Why do faggots keep parroting this? To make themselves feel good about pirating games?

At least no one pirated it lol.

>[PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Bandai Namco, 02/19/15) – 234,180 (New)
>[PS4] God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Bandai Namco, 02/19/15) – 37,824 (New)

Because it sold about as much as the Japanese PS4 version.

>they fell for the "denuvo doesn't affect sales" meme

takes almost no effort to port to the PC and even 10k sales would be a profit

>Isn't this fallacy disproved many times already by the companies themselves?
Not really, considering the ports keep coming no matter how many "What went wrong" threads morons on Cred Forums make.

>Why do faggots keep parroting this? To make themselves feel good about pirating games?
Denuvo

No it isn't.

>cherrypicking one of the worst PC purchaces of the year.

> Buying a PSO clone
> For $60

Maybe during the Winter Sale...

To be fair, how expensive is it to even port it? I'm pretty sure they turned a small profit.

Prove 10k sales is a profit

hey look how denuvo is boosting sales

>denuvo
lol serves them right

Not once has that "fallacy" been disproven. It continues to be true, which is why ports continue to happen.

With this console gen, they are bacisally PC more than ever. Porting takes very little time and effort and minimal QA. It's always profitable, even if the profit is not very large. You are also increasing your public exposure, playerbase and popularity.

There's no reason not to port stuff other that exclusivity deals from sony/nintendo/microsoft

>serves them right for not wanting their game stolen
>serves that guy right for putting locks on his doors

Would be nice to have a demo though.

Meanwhile Earth Defense Force 4.1 was a success despite not using denuvo lmao

Well if he is keeping his store locked and only allows people who give him money for products in advance, not allowing people who just enter a store and browse before they decide to buy something. Yeah serves him right

i don't understand analogies if its not food related user
can you rephrase that ?

I know right. They should just make games for consoles therefore we wouldn't get downgrade (typical when pc port of a certain games is available)

You are browsing the store. The game's page is just like the back of the box you'd look at in a physical brick and mortar store.

Try again.

Because japs are retarded.

Sure

But how do you enter the store to look at the box if it's locked? Maybe they don't have what you need so you are not sure you will buy something so you can't enter. Sure if you are really interested and know what you want from the get go you can check their website I guess. Fair enough for some cases.

But maybe you are inexperienced in the products at the store and may need some advice or to actually see the tool to know if you can use it like some clueless dude who needs some emergency fixing that enters a hardware store.

And if that analogy is a clothes or jewelry store which are far more common than specialized stores where you maybe know what you need in advance - you need to try something on before you buy it so you know it fits in which case 'enter only if you buy' is a deal breaker.

God Eater is a pretty niche game. I bet they saw those numbers and were pretty happy with it.

Nah, it's worth it when you factor in you get two games.

>Nah, it's worth it when you factor in you get two games.
But I don't want the psp port.

Yakuza sells 100k in the west despite being console only. Thanks for ruining chances for more localizations, Sonyfags.

the game was already done

that just gave then 180k in profit

>Steam statistics

It's all money, my dude.

Based Nintendo