Was Modern Warefare that bad? Im not talking who made it or such. Im just talking about the games

Was Modern Warefare that bad? Im not talking who made it or such. Im just talking about the games.

>Not its fault othet games wanted to copy them

>Not bad that people enjoyed it.

>Is a game with a campaign. Multiplayer and modes

>I bet most of you enjoyed the campaign more than you think

>MW1: Classic COD. campaign was good, not too unrealistic. Guiile up. The Nuke scene. The ending. Pretty awesome

>MW2. Had faults. Some of it was annoying. But the U.S defense missions and others were pretty nice

>MW2. Personally my second favorite. The war going on seems fine. Missions were good. Again a solid game

>Following Price and his team through the games was pretty neato

I mean compared to current CODs they are GOAT. Other than Blops 1 and 2 which are great.

pretty sure most people judge it based on its multiplayer, i don't know anyone who dislikes CoD4's campaign. the developers are really bad at balancing weapons and they make these tiny maps where it doesn't make sense to use something other than an SMG.

Its not a long term game and the yearly releases dont help but in moderation sure they are fun and i have a itch to play some of the mp or zombies but i dont have any of the games and i dont think i really want to pay for something i will probably drop after playing a few times

It's dumb as hell, but dumb as hell shit can often be fun. They're alright to play for a few hours now and then, but they don't really do anything interesting or special. It's just a pity that they've been some of the largest budget releases, when they only do one thing (even if they do it really well).

I'm just tired of a new CoD game every year.

If it was every two years I might actually get hyped and buy it but when it's every single year I just can't give a shit.

Advanced warfare came out and it's like oh cool mobility mechanics that's awesome. Then Black Ops 3 came out and it was extremely similar. Now the new ones coming out and it's still super similar.

Most people here love modern warfare and probably even really like Blops 1 and MW2. But after that it just turns into a blur of samey shit.

First off:

>Modern Warefare

Second. No. It wasn't bad at all. It was arguably the greatest CoD ever made. You could argue MW2 was better (For the sniping scene, it was).

It had its share of balance issues, and faggy perks. But I didn't fucking care. All guns in CoD are viable, as long as you yourself aren't trash. People these days are just bad at the game, and they bitch and cry about certain guns being why they're bad. Guess what. G36C was ASS in MW. I still slapped kids' pussies with it. Map design wasn't a 3 lane slot machine back then. At least not to the degree it is now.

Juggernaut was shit tier. 3x stun and grenade was gay. Those are my only 2 complaints.

So much went right for the series from MW-BO1. Then original InfinityWard left, and Sledgefaggots entered and started shitting on everything, and now Treyarc and Nu-InfinityWard is working hard to drop a new toilet choker on the franchise every year.

>Russians are the bad guys
>not the Chinese
>Russians using AK-47s
>in the 2000s

This. CoD used to be about how good you were. Nowadays (((they))) specifically engineer it so that anyone can get a kill.

>sniping scene
end your life.

>Not sniping

Trash detected.

i actually love sniping but faggots like you who treat it as a "culture" were one of the driving forces in turning the series into the shit it is today. so i think you should kill yourself since you are guilty of homicide.

MP is trash for Koreans but the campagines are always B-movie goodness

>Snipers are the reason that CoD makes shit games now

Oooo. Le sniper Boogeyman! Better hide I am coming to ruin all the other games you like too!

Fucking faggot. My post had like 1 honorable mention of sniping. Nothing I said made it sound like a culture. I just mentioned it. Now that you mention it though, I've noticed you have an irrational hatred of people who don't really exist anymore anyway. Snipers as a whole died at ghosts. But if you want to have somebody to blame for CoD being shit now, other than the developers, why not snipers, right?

Was BO3's story the deepest narrative ever?

No. It was a shitfest.

>Better hide I am coming to ruin all the other games you like too!
Don't even joke about it!

>ever not using the sniper rifles
they give you a free awp and you dont want me to use it?

>Grenade indicators
>Regenerative health
>Low TTK
>EXP system to mask the shallow gameplay
>Next to no recoil
>Showing enemies on the minimap
>Perks

CoD4 is very much like Goldeneye, an ultracasual shitfest designed for consoles that retards think is "hardcore" because of its style.

the fact that you consider it a "scene" is evidence enough. pretty soon after that game came out every lobby was packed with tryhards trying to get feeds for their 15 youtube subscribers. i remember on many occasions joining a free for all lobby in black ops 2 and seeing ghillie suits jumping and spinning off the top of buildings. there were literally enough people doing this for complete randoms to organize games together. you and your sniping scene are cancerous and you should all die.

They were good for what they were.

>juggernaut
it was less effective as protecting you than whatever the damage up perk was at killing things, juggernaut was the pussy choice

>people actually play CoD's multiplayer

???

This isn't an issue in any of the recent games

MW1 was praised and is probably the best CoD ever, especially at the time
MW2 i liked even more but for some reason people didnt like it as much
MW3 was where it all started to go down hill tho i enjoyed it

>People play CoDSP
Why not just play MoHAA, it's exactly the same game.

Nah, more like GitS for american babbies. MP is great though.

>cod4
>best cod ever
t. 20 year old neo faggots everywhere

So you're mad about free kills? Is that what I'm getting here? Surely if they're spinning and jumping off of things they're easier to kill right? You weren't getting meme'd on, were you? Ahahah.

The fact that a playstyle of shit tier players (less than 5% of them are any decent) triggers you this much, is quite a reflection on your skill level.

It was inferior to Titanfall in every way

the recent games aren't call of duty games, they're titanfall and destiny ripoffs.

i'm mad about them making the game boring. i don't want free kills, i paid 60 dollars because call of duty used to have intense firefights with heart pounding moments. i didn't pay 60 dollars for a fucking target shooting game. not everyone plays cod just to jack off looking at their stat screen.

>cawadoody
>that terrible green texting
you couldn't make it any more apparent that you're an underage neo Cred Forums faggot straight from ifunny

>regen health and infinitely respawning enemies until you cross the invisible progress line

Yeah nah it was shit.
Some of the sneakan and special interest missions were okay (like the AC130) but overall it was interesting cutscenes punctuated with bad gameplay you rushed through to see the next one.

Quake 3 / UT would like to say hello, and that they miss you.

>Intense gunfights
>CoD
>Ever

Hey pal I think you got the wrong game.

No one ever said CoD4 was hardcore. No one even tried.

no i think you do. search and destroy and free for all, those two game modes made for the most intense gunfights and are also the two game modes irreparably destroyed by the ''''''''''''''sniper scene''''''''''''''''''

I'm not even comparing it to Quake/UT. I'm comparing it to CoD1.
CoD2 and everything afterwards completely destroyed the mechanics of CoD1 in order to make the game playable on controller. I'm not even complaining that it got popular, but to say 2 or 4 is the best in the series is absolutely retarded and objectively wrong.

It was nice, the problem it that it has spawned shitloads of terrible other CODs based on it's formula.

Tell that to the comp scene.

COD4 was good, of course it was the birth of killstreaks like a helicopter and airstrikes that would do killings for you. People disliked that, but it was still very popular. COD4 is considered last good call of duty, guys on Cred Forums that are bitching about COD4 are just retards that jumped on the COD hate bandwagon and have no idea what they're talking about

real COD hate started with MW2. MW2 was the birth of quickscoping, hardscoping, trickshooting and all that retarded shit where 13 y/os would cum in their pants when they would get a kill after spinning around 40 times on Rust.

MW3 was pretty much the same as MW2

>i didnt pay 60 dollars for a target shooting game.

Yes you did. You seem to think CoD is some sort of realistic heart pounding war simulator or something. There's no "Heart pounding moments" in multiplayer. Or even single player. You are buying the game for the wrong reasons and getting mad when it isn't what you think it's supposed to be, and then blaming the most obvious group, even though the core problem is with you buying something that isn't what you want.

while autoregen health is bullshit, endless stream of bad guys to shot was often actually fun. This way I could just fuck around and try different weapons dropped by killed bots for the sheer fun of it.

Also: AC130 mission >>>>> retarded Predator control via laptop mission

CoD is the Fifa of Ego shooters... they release the same game every year and autists will think it's the best thing ever.
Every normal guy just gets one every 3-4 years and enjoys it especially because it's retarded shit.

Actually MW was the birth of quickscoping.

a shooter doesn't have to be a simulator to be heart pounding. just the fact that anyone can kill you in a split second at any time is enough. combine that with a very fast pace of gameplay and you've got an exciting shooter. i don't care if you've never had a nail biting match in call of duty because i've played in hundreds and i know it's there.

>neo
bitch i played it when it came out, as did the first CoD and MoH games, fuck off

counter strike, and the first call of duty game also had quickscopers.

It was competitive, not hardcore.
CS isn't hardcore either.

It doesn't have to be, but you won't find "Heart pounding moments" in CoD. That's for damn sure.

If CoD makes your heart pound, and bite your nails, you should see a psychologist, because it shouldn't be giving you that level of stress.

>CoD4 is very much like Goldeneye

it's not stress it's called fun. you are ridiculous. and you will find it in cod when you're playing against good competition.

Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty Black Ops 1 were the best, any other opinion is coming from an autist with shit taste that unironically likes most recent Call of Duty games.

Actually I like Big Red One.

Black Ops was just a blander MW2, although I loved the setting.
Shame they just dropped it after one game.
Treyarch should stick to making Cold War and Vietnam era games, Infinity War WWII ones, and Sledgehammer to Futuristic ones.

I used to like MW. It was a fun game to jump into with friends and play for an hour or two but now I get sick of it after a couple games. Once you step out of your comfort zone and actually make an effort to try other shooters and adapt to new mechanics and play styles the accessibility and shallowness of COD just isn't fulfilling.

MW is a good CoD game, but since the CoD games are shit, so is MW.

you never liked it then, i could play that game for 8 hours straight.

big red one was super solid tho