FFX thread? Just got remastered. Any fans? Haters? Lovers? Contrarians?

FFX thread? Just got remastered. Any fans? Haters? Lovers? Contrarians?
I kinda like it despite the flaws.
twitch tv/lordniseb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o
youtube.com/watch?v=3TTFVl_V-4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

>Contrarians?
There's so many on the love side and so many on the hate side, how do you even be a contrarian about FF10?

By loving the complete lack of exploration and difficulty but pretending the battle system couldn't have been used to make a good game?

FFX was my first main FF game, and I'm quite fond of it. Enjoyed most aspects of the game (music and aesthetic in particular) but there are a few issues like dodgy VA and a good chunk of the game being linear. Sphere Grid was pretty cool too (only on expert mode though).

Currently playing as well. About 18 hours in. On the way to Djose i think...or some shit. Never played it before even though i should have. Story seems kind wierd. Love the battle system. Wish they would go back to turn/atb honestly.

what does VA mean? I'm curious.

Voice Acting. The voice cast sounds good enough, though Yuna's VA sounds a bit awkward at times.

aye I see yeah the voice acting can seem very strange at times.

>dodgy VA
it certainly had this, but for me, it added kind of a surreal, dreamlike aspect, which ended up being quite relevant.

bump

It is linear but it's still a good final fantasy. Only bad final fantasies are 2 and 13.

youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o

It was a nice game but

>long ass puzzle dungeons that are boring as shit

First FF i played all the way through as a kid so it I still hold it in high regards. I understand all the complaints it gets but that really never took any thing away from the experience I have whenever I play it.

>Any fans? Haters? Lovers? Contrarians?

It was my first Final Fantasy game. I loved it at the time, but when I played that remaster, there were so many things about that game that made me not want to touch it again. I think the contrarians are the ones that act like this game is any better than FFXIII, even though that game is also trash.

bump

Cloisters are actually really short if you have a guide. I hate them and was surprised at how easy they actually are.

It bores me to death. Honestly I don't see what people see in the game except for the music.

>Twitch
>bump

i had it for the ps3. got it again for the ps4 like 1-2 months ago.

during my run on ps3 i tried to platinum it. i captured every monster. i fought them all. and i still didn't unlock the final monster. so i was confused, just looking through the entire fucking monster list trying to think which one i might have backed out on and came back to later, but i went in fucking order. on top of that i realized i'd have to start a new game just to get those al bhed primers. i was like sheet.

i loved the game. the worst part about the game for me was obtaining lulu's ultimate weapon. i remember fucking up on 199, and i screamed in anger

Complete lack of exploration? Once you get the airship you can go do whatever the fuck you want. Adding too much "exploration" just leads into the open world meme with a lot of nothing to do.

Furthermore, how do you make a turn based RPG "difficult" in the first place?

Either you make it so a mob or a boss can only be defeated a handful of ways so that the player has to figure out what to do or you bump the numbers up a ton and wait until players grind it out to beat it.

what is with these overused complaints? there is plenty of exploring in X. it's pretty standard though but you can't deny it. there is lot's of different areas, pathways, secrets to find.

i don't even understand Cred Forums bots when they say there is no challenge. seems pretty good to me. especially where the end content is. like in xenoblade x, i've been playing that and everything seems easy in the beginning. some hard story bosses here and there like X, in my opinion. I always have fun grinding to get the better stuff and to be able to stand up to the better monsters. isn't that what RPGs are mainly about aside from dialogue/story/exploration? these elitists make no sense

FFX is my favorite and I have very fond memories of it, but it has a horrible post game and is definitely flawed. Still my favorite regardless.

I've played at least 1000 hours easily on ps2. i had the international version. played the shit out of it trying to figure out shit before the internet was a big thing.

bought it for ps3 when it first came out. race a friend for the first time play through. was fun but than realized that no skip cutscenes are the worst.

Bought it on pc. still no skip cutscenes but the mods helped alot. when i unlocked auron i spent like the next 12 hours remangering everyones sphere grids to get "max stats". finished the story-line haven't played it since

>isn't that what RPGs are mainly about aside from dialogue/story/exploration?

It is for me. I've ultimately dropped so many RPGs because I couldn't get into what they were putting down.

Tales of Symphonia and Bravely Default are notable ones. I couldn't get into the world at and the lack of exploration and world building just ruined it all for me.

>Playing FFX
>Leaving besaid
>That music
>that path
>that waterfall

YES.

You mean you can teleport anywhere, which is just places you've already been plus one new place.

The game is a straight bloody line, no less than FF13 is. Each area has nowhere to go but forward.

>how do you make a turn based RPG "difficult" in the first place?
Oh, this meme. Well, gee. How about limiting the player's resources instead of drowning them in free potions that they'll never need to use? How about designing areas you can get lost in so that running out of resources (potions, MP) is an actual possibility? How about not giving every monster an obvious weakness so that you can't just effortlessly kill them all before they move without taking damage? There are tons of ways the difficulty could be made not a joke.

And you don't grind to make the battles such a joke, they just are. Even if you rush through the game fighting as little as possible. You'll still always be strong enough to kill everything in one hit unless you go out of your way to avoid exploiting those obvious weaknesses or deliberatly choose not to spend your SP.

So your idea of difficulty isn't in the battle, it's in the world.

Correct. Do you not think that is suitable? That's how it has always traditionally been in RPGs. Not every battle is a fight for your life, but they can wear you down over time.

>people expecting difficulty in a FF game

Am I being trolled?

Go play SMT if you want a difficult turn based RPG.

when i was a kid and it came out. coming from a ps1 with like sypro and crash bandicoot. the linear of the game wasn't apparent to me. was way more focused on the story and narrative of the game. only other game with great narrative i played before ff10 was metal gear solid. i had the other ff7-8-9 but only the first disks. no idea why

holy fuck

Well, beat me to it

it the opening cinematic for FFx-2 REALLY that embaressing?
youtube.com/watch?v=3TTFVl_V-4o