Nights of Azure

How is Nights of Azure? Good? Bad? Worth a buy? Thinking of picking it up

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_(genre)
youtube.com/watch?v=z1n5NiisAT8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a bit simple on the gameplay side

But great sound track and art style. Give it a shot if you like lesbians and it's on sale

It's very good if you like gust games. If you are looking for a deep arpg (lol) then no, it plays more like musou than anything. Worth it for the characters, setting and mood. The game play is fun but repetitive. Don't play it for more than a few hours a day.

It's not good at all. I wouldn't give them money for this if I were you.

It's a simple action game with yuri. If you can get it cheap, it's worth a shot. Fortunately I have a weeb friend that likes to power through games quick. So I borrow some games from him after he's done.

Is there REALLY yuri though? Or just the usual 'romantic friendship' bullshit tease.

>Tfw you will never cure them of their degeneracy

It is by no means a bad game. Just a tad repetitive because there are only a handful of skills and you will use only one most of the time. I just wish there was a hard mode.
Get it if it's on sale, but I would not pay full price for it.

Come for the handsome action girl, stay for the amazing soundtrack.

If you really like your weeb dosage with lesbians, go right ahead.

Otherwise just wait for a price drop or a sale.

Can someone answer this please? It's a make or break for me.

That really depends on how thick your goggles are.

So no then.

God dammit japan just give me some cute lesbians for fuck sake.

The gameplay had to be very simple because the target audience play it with one hand only

It's pretty damn romantic and they kiss in some endings.

Guts make games to ronery otakus and they hate lesbians because they won't open their legs and otakus already face too much rejection on real life to face it on their fantasy escape land too. Unthreatening girl crushes are fine because women can't fuck for the lack of a cock so it's not real love. Besides, thanks to the typical incompetence on Japanese videogames, the game went too far in some places, see so the producer had to say on an interview that the female leads aren't lesbians

The character design doesn't fit the story. I'd expect a fairy tale design rather than a blatant otaku/JRPG design. I mean, I love big tits but Lylisse should look like a Disney princess rather than a seasonal waifu

Nothing is wrong with pure love

There was a yuri thread on 2ch years ago when a nip otaku said he always made a sequel on his mind to yuri works where his favorite girl fall in love of him

I wish I could punch that faggot to death.

Holy shit, that projecting.

>Guts
You mean gatsu.

>projecting

It's a genuine fucking phenomenon that industry professionals in all mediums from mangaka to anime screenwriters have talked about at length. Otaku erotomania fuels a lot of decisions.

You seem troubled

So that's why he spent so long on that boat, he was making yuri games.

Yuri won't unrape you or your waifu or make Griffith better, Guts.

Did the rest of the nips agree with him? Or did they call him out for being the giant faggot he is?

That's the typical reception yuri gets from the male audience. That's why it sell like shit. I mean real yuri, cute girls doing cute shit doesn't count.

I wonder if he ships the Im@s girls

I just don't fucking understand japs. I never will. There's plenty of male mcs for you to self insert into, why ruin perfection?

>it plays more like musou than anything

OP here, thread had no replies when I left, came back to see this. I'll be giving it a miss, musou blows ass

Japanese bullying is really hardcore on high school and Japan has a culture of stop whining and work harder, what made it into one of the most developed nations of the world but also screwed up certain individuals. Some of those social rejects like to pretend 2D girls are their girlfriends

I played this game all the way through.

They lesbians

It's not like the game sold badly considering its a new IP, maybe it's a minority that complained?

Probably but given that we're dealing with a Gust-level project and not something from, say, Nintendo or whoever, a minority is still a considerable chunk of your audience.

Dunno, I don't think they wouldn't even buy the game in the first place if two girls kissing gives that kind of outrage

The producer disagree

They should have hung from a lamppost.

The game doesn't make any sense otherwise. He either doesn't mean what he's saying or he's out of his mind

There is literally nothing wrong with purest love.

Even if he disagrees it's still in the game?

The doublespeak and legalese they go through in these situations always makes me laugh, like when they were doing that radio show thing to promote Nights of Azure and one viewer asked one of the main girls' VAs if there was any yuri and she basically went, "As much as I can say yes without confirming it."

Like when a girl makes it big and starts doing these promo things and they have to train her to sing, act, model and also how to handle interviews when playing a girl in an anime or game who's ambiguously gay.

The funniest thing is that it seems to be isolated to Japan, so when they localize this weeb stuff they don't give a shit.

Whenever they dub shit like this, actors will go to expos or they'll make extras where the VAs are playing around with gag dubs of the anime they acted in, and half of it is gay jokes.

He knows his audience. The otaku is delusional enough to deny yuri but am official statement is harder to ignore. PR

So he's just saying it to quiet them then. It's obvious the two's relationship is meant to be viewed as romantic.

He was just telling those otaku sweet little lies.

PSLS: Some fans of Nights of Azure have taken a number of signals in the game to mean that Arnice and Lilysse have more than a friendship. Was this something the development team did consciously?

Kikuchi: The underlying relationship between Arnice and Lilysse in Nights of Azure is that they are close friends and cherish each other, but they shoulder their own heavy fate. It has been left to the imagination of players to decide whether or not they are more than just friends. We encourage players to imagine and enjoy whichever relationship between the two that they see fit outside of the game’s story.

Looks like he is trying to be preety ambiguous instead of outright denying

Pussies.

>As much as I can say yes without confirming it
This is unintentionally hilarious

If we don't get a polyamorous lesbian trio end in the sequel two nukes weren't enough.

They are just lesbian friends user

These kinds of stories depict lesbian attachments as emotionally intense yet platonic relationships, destined to be curtailed by graduation from school, marriage, or death. The root of this genre is in part the contemporary belief that same-sex love was a transitory and normal part of female development leading into heterosexuality and motherhood.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_(genre)
youtube.com/watch?v=z1n5NiisAT8

>The root of this genre is in part the contemporary belief that same-sex love was a transitory and normal part of female development leading into heterosexuality and motherhood.

If I go to Japan I'll see a bunch of schoolgirls kissing each other because it's totally not gay?

>These kinds of stories depict lesbian attachments as emotionally intense yet platonic relationships, destined to be curtailed by graduation from school, marriage, or death. The root of this genre is in part the contemporary belief that same-sex love was a transitory and normal part of female development leading into heterosexuality and motherhood.

Are you trying to use to the wikipedia article talking about the proto-genre Class S that would give birth to yuri later in the century, to define yuri?

Class S is what the old farts approve.

Actualy, schoolgirls kissing each other is a current trend

And otakus are too right wing even for the Japanese right wing standards

Leaving it ambiguous is the same to deny it under Japanese standards.