Is this the perfect third-person shooter?

Is this the perfect third-person shooter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DAdGb_Uj_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its shit

no

only if it gets a sequel

No, because on higher difficulties you need to play it like a bootleg Gears instead of using your japanese exploding knee thrusters to get into people's faces for a rocket fist haymaker.

I played the demo like a million times but the game itself was pretty meh.

>third person shooter
>three persons shooting on cover art
goddamn you bioware!

>can't wallbounce
>no multiplayer
>no co-op
>no wave-based PvE co-op mode
>"b-b-b-but its C-CUHRAUZUHY"

Yeah no, step aside child, real men at work here.

>no wave-based PvE co-op mode
oh wow what a shame

lol no

>Slow and clunky as shit
>Muh brown and bloom
>So edgy gorey chainsawgun!
>MUHRIAAHHH

No.

It's within the top 10 for sure tho.

>muh flashy QTE and slow mo slide guiz

Off yourself

Platinumfags are in no position to criticize other games' presentations.

>slow and clunky as shit
A very good observation, it is, in fact, the dark souls of third person shooters
>muh brown and bloom
Its yellow and bloom, get your eyes checked
>so edgy gorey chainsaw gun
Takes inspiration from good material such as WH40K
>MUHRIAAAHHH
That was Gears 2 dipshit

It's definitely a game where you need to know what you're doing in order to pull off any cool shit.
If you play it like regular old cover based third person shooter then that's what it's going to feel like.

What I liked best about Vanquish is that it gave you the tools to be a bad ass (rocket knees, bullet time, etc.) but it completely left it up to you to determine how you go about doing it.

>gears of war clone
me2 was shit. nice reddit opinion

Is this worth mentioning?

>barebone gameplay, shit ai, shit level design
>perfect

might as well mention Warframe then, which has really fun combat and movement, but is a coop grindan

hello i am an utter retard what is story
theres more to videogames than gameplay

>shooter
>controller
>perfect
No.

here's your (you)
also
>shooter
>story

Not him but
>Anyone with an opposing opinion is obviously a (you)-baiting low-tier shitposter
>A certain genre of games doesn't deserve stories
That's stupid

>anything shooter
>have to play with a controller
No

Max Payne = Luden
Gears of War = Electronic Art
Vanquish = Video Game
Uncharted = Interactive Movie

GoW2 > GoW > GoW3

they're all shit though desu

actually you can use the i-frame rolls on higher difficulties, you can even combine the thrusters with rolls for longer rolls, it's pretty silly that you need i-frames to do it though, i'm sure they could've found a better way to raise the difficulty than to make every opponent an aimbot

2 was the least best of the main trilogy. 3 perfected and polished everything brought to the table, and 1 laid the foundation and had best atmosphere.

Also stop trying to fit in so hard, Gears are great, besides Judgement, which still had a decent campaign but the rest suffered

>Playing tps on mouse/keyboard

Funny picture of Bayonetta

Any shooter is better with a mouse since it's still basic point and click gameplay.

It's extremely apparent when Gearsfags start posting webms and you see all the wallbouncing and shitty aim that's incapable of reacting to the quick movement that occurs.

Specs Op had a shit story retard.
>Kill that guy
>K
>You're evil

This

any story is shit if you dumb it down like that. you removed everything of substance about it.
>kill the emperor
>k
>vader is actually your dad

>The only way to upgrade your weapons is to either use them less or find upgrade chips

How does that system make sense?

Also the weapons are largely pretty generic.

>shit at everything but plot
>perfect

NEVER EVER PKEKS

Not that guy but the story in Star Wars is purposely generic as shit.

don't be so sure

It's still aiming.

Yea and it had a couple cool mechanics that people never took advantage of! You could light a cigarette and throw it up and the enemy would be distracted for a couple seconds. Overall not a bad game!

I hear lots about "needing to play it correctly" with this game. I adore Bayonetta, who does, but I never got along with this Platinum work. Supposedly the official guide is able to put you in the frame of mind required to play it as it was intended but at face value it just feels like something akin to Gears of War with a very limited (frankly useless) sliding mechanic.

I want to like this game, but it just doesn't feel good to me.

It was a nice touch, certainly.

Sounds like someone didn't get the story

*doesn't

far from it. vanquish is below average, unless you like 5 hour QTE fests that rely on style over substance. platinum in a nutshell, basically.

I love it, even though it's repetitive as hell.

You're literally retarded. Probably a praise le gaben massturd race too, to boot.

>Star Wars
>generic

nigger is practically invented the genre

No

epic shitpost, but that doesn't refute anything I said. try to be a little less cancerous, platniumdrone.

Through worldbuilding, not story. Same can be said for LoTR.

>(frankly useless) sliding mechanic
Using your abilities in conjunction with one another is where this game shines I feel.
Rocket knees are great for mobility, but combine that with your bullet time and heavy melee attacks? That's when you've got something beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=0DAdGb_Uj_Q

I never played this, but every time I saw some footage of it, I got nausea. People commented about the FOV on Cred Forums, but I'm too much of a pleb to know the effects of a low FOV. The camera is just too shaky, and I can't look at the running character for long.

Final boss was great, significantly moreso than the rest of the game and it's worth playing just for that bit.

Vanquish and Gears are top 10 for sure but not the king

Vanquish, Max Payne 3, and Binary Domain are three of the most underrated TPS games of last generation. Prove me wrong.

Step aside weaklings

Great destruction system but generic, run of the mill shooting mechanics.

>PS3 title
kek

this thread reminded me at how shit this genre is in general.

I liked these more:

Gears of War 1
Max Payne 1-3
Lost Planet 2
Resident Evil 6

Vanquish is fun though.

>Great destruction system but generic, run of the mill shooting mechanics.
Still made it a better game than 90% of this thread, also
>Shooting mechanics
>How weapons are used is somehow importante beyond aiming and shooting
Why do everyone mentions "shooting mechanics" when its all the fucking same, and no, quick reloads are not a distinguishing mechanic.
I bet half of you don't even know what it means.

>the dark souls of third person shooters

Lost Planet 2 is much more underrated than MP3

Far from perfect. There's a bunch of not so great sections like the part where you have to snipe the searchlights out and other scripted parts where you gotta stay in one spot and can't slide around shooting and punching shit. There's also those annoying parts where you had to listen to people over the intercom and walk at a snail's pace like in the arkham games or gears, god fucking knows why platinum of all people decided to add that in.

Overall it was still an enjoyable experience though. Much more so than your average TPS. It's probably one of my favorites along with these

Gears was pretty nice too I guess, but too multiplayer focused. Kinda died after the community dwindled.

Had quite a lot of fun with this. I enjoyed the multiplayer much more than expected, shit like using rhino on people in buildings was cool as fuck.

Vanqush is great. But don't forget the OTHER Sega TPS game too.

>snail's pace
didn't that mask the loading screens

Shit I didn't even know that had impact on gameplay.
I just appreciated having a smoke button to be cool.

>2
Everyone knows ME1 > ME3 > Cancer > ME2

Vanquish: best SP TPS
LP2: best MP TPS

>i do not know what does shooter means

Im not a fan of ME2 but I couldnt even play past the prologue of ME3

>platinumfags

Honestly it is for me and I'm sad no ps4 sequel will ever be made.

>I'M GONNA ASK HER TO MARRY ME

>MUH GRIMDARK 60+ HOURS OF GRINDAN

More like Mikamifags. The makers of Vanquish have left Platinum ages ago.

I never feel like I have enough boost energy or whatever in Vanquish. I feel like I can either do spurts of cool shit bouncing between cover, or try to do something more extended and end up stuck out in front of a bunch of enemies with no boost, so at best I end up in the fetal position behind a chunk of cover waiting for it to stop overheating or whatever.

No, this is by a longshot. It's criminally underrated

You obviously didn't get good because I platinum the game on PS3 and hiding behind cover got you killed.

Your suppose to use cover to recharge your boost meter so you can keep going and attacking at full speed.

For example, trying to use cover In challenge 6 just gets you bombarded and killed.
The game literally forces you to get good and be offensive.

It's the ninja gaiden of 3rd person shooters especially on its higher difficulties

Will Mikami ever return to make the best action game ever?

The key when starting out with this game is learning how to pick your spot. Watching for openings in enemy formations for you to quickly zip in, wreak some havoc then zip back out. The only time you should really ever overheat is after a heavy melee attack, which I always held off and saved as a last second finishing move.
Also try to develop a sense of balance or rhythm for how long it takes for you to pull off a stunt and how it takes your speedy juice to recharge.
I always kept pushing until I had but a fraction of charge left before rolling my ass back into cover. Laying down one or two seconds of covering fire and reloading/having the occasional smoke break from behind something was usually enough time for me to get some juice back and fly back into the fray.