Dark souls 3 dlc boss leak

Potential new boss?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersky.com/news/201609/809070.shtml
gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/150475717907/tgs-nioh-balancing-toward-final-product
youtube.com/watch?v=cXoNKKNjJeA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>we want the weeb audience

Dark Souls is dead

OOOUGH U RIKE RITTLE RICE BRADE AWW WE GONNA GIVE U RICE RITTLE RICE YUKI

are we finally getting a proper waifu

gamersky.com/news/201609/809070.shtml

No

i still remember the first screenshot for this game..

what a load of bullshit

You're pretty retarded if you honestly believe your post

aint this the superior game nioh?

>game has theme
>we want the X audience
X game is dead
see how you're retarded?

yes

yeah not so thinly veiled Nioh thread, it's going to be great.

If you wanted a Nioh thread why not just make one onii senpai?

felt like trolling a bit . Normally its not my nature to troll though

Holy shit. She's beautiful. Is this the prettiest DS boss so far? Fucking based.

its a boss from nioh. OP is mean :'(

Yare yare user, and here I am wanting to post big essays and shit about that new change list that no one will read, but there hasn't been any threads.

YOU THINK YOU HAVE ME

>assmad soulsfags

i would like to read it if you dont mind posting

Model looks too good for a souls game

How does this japanese looking bitch fit in the Souls universe? Also isn't the DLC's going to be "DUDE TUNDRA LMAO" themed?

well played op

I suppose I could do it now, but the thread seems kinda small and it'd probably overly stand out. Also there's some disparaging words.
Just to clarify, I'm talking about this change list in particular, since I don't know if there's been any other one: gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/150475717907/tgs-nioh-balancing-toward-final-product

you can create a new thread if you want to

>when you get triggered by shitposting

Weebs, when will they learn.

But then a fun thread goes to waste. I just want to make sure there hasn't been anything new announced so I can get right at it but I can just post it again anyway if a new thread happens.

>X twice to represent two different things

Alrighty, resident Nioh expert/stubborn asshole here to go through the changes with a fine folded comb. Put on your seatbelts.

>Rebalancing to ensure game difficulty is hard but not artificially hard
Means literally nothing. The game was never "artificially hard" at any stage in development and difficulty is difficulty regardless. If they want to talk about difficulty give examples.
>Adjust levelling up parameters to ensure game doesn’t get too easy too fast
This was expected, the Alpha and Beta levels were set specifically for experiencing things quickly, doesn't even need to be mentioned.
>Improve the UI, it’s still too hard to use in several parts
Not really unless you're blind and stupid, but again this tells us literally nothing unless they give examples. The skill menu being changed for one is ok, but they had two versions in the Alpha and could have kept that.
>Bows and Guns will use TPS controls. L to aim, R2 to shoot, etc.
Some people will like this, I don't care too much. If anything having it on square and triangle gave more importance to lining up the shot and gave ranged it's focused role but whatever. Readd the quickshot if anything.
>Add in more samurai skills, particularly adding more options to how to knock down an enemies Ki so players can come up with more original ways to play
More skills was a given, more options to lower Ki sounds interesting but should also be a given, plus it wasn't like it was something that needed addressed in the first place.
>Fixing enemy knock back, chase AI, group AI, etc.
Fixing how? It better mean that they go back to Alpha levels of aggression but I know better now.
>Adjusting weight of armor, right now if it’s too heavy it’s just plain unusable
Gee, if only there was a stat that increased your equip load so you could wear heavier armour without reaching 100%. Did they not realise they programmed their own game so that C agility was plenty viable in both demos?

Part 1/4 (told you it'd be long)

>In twilight stages the bosses will no longer have small enemies added it’ll just be a much harder boss with new motions as well
This is stupid for one reason. Why not both? They've done the same stupid fucking thing again, hear people whine for idiotic reasons and drop everything instead of seeing the full picture. Other enemies were fine, they gave a unique spin on things and tested how well you knew the boss, while being great fun in co-op. They just didn't appear often enough, and could have been incorporated alongside new moves depending on the boss. But people have to cry murder at anything they perceive as unfair only when they can't handle it.
>Fixing issue on falling off cliffs, etc. as that was not supposed to be severe but was
The fuck? It wasn't severe at all since you could just dodge back on. If people panicking couldn't even accidentally figure that out then they're a lost cause. Need details.
>Rebalancing enemy attacks (some weak looking guys hit hard, some big guys hit light so they will fix that)
Details, absolutely nothing comes to mind from either the Alpha or Beta. Damage was relative to the type of swing moreso than the size of the enemy, how it should properly be balanced.
>Expand items pouch from 200 to 500
You know how I read this? "Waaaah I have to sort my inventory in a goddamn RPG but I'm shit at it!" Except not only does this not stop you from having to do that, but it's actually going to end up WORSE for these chucklefucks since they'll have to check through so much more at once. Even having to only check the rare and strong stuff won't mean a thing now, and carrying 500 makes the storehouse obsolete. Tada, you dumbasses asked for this instead of not taking the 1-2 minutes max for item and equipment management in a loot based Action RPG focused on strategy, tactics and patience. Or just asking for a damn "Send to storehouse" option at the Shrine.
Part 2/4. Next part promises to be 73% more scathing and bitter!

>Fix item drop rare so you stop getting TONS of crap you don’t need
Surprise surprise, people not understanding how the game works again so clearly the game is what has to change. All the extra equipment was a currency either for offering to get Amrita and extra items to keep going and make a comeback on death, or reforging/soul matching/fuck all else since you don't have to fix weapons or buy whetstones anymore because of what I said about people not understanding. Having both made even this interesting.
>Fix reforging, it was too easy to make a god weapon and that robbed players from being able to enjoy progression and difficulty
Fix it how? This is a difficult thing to balance and I find it hard to change without making it painful trying to reroll for anything decent. Either they could make the rarity of effects tied to the resource used leaving fate to RNG, or remove it entirely and make it purely based on Soul Matching while changing it to a way I suggested, making the effects be added/replace same types rather than only replacing the inheritable effect.
>Adjust remnant rules for drops as it was too easy to get overpowered items in the beta
Two ways to do this maybe. Either reduce the drop rates so revenants are a pain in the ass to get anything decent from (they probably did this) or make the level matching a bit closer which will remove the appeal of having a shot at getting something rare from a tough duel. Hard thing to fix in any case, perhaps revenants simply need to be stronger, use skills etc.
>Item that will let players respec their character
Fine I guess.
>Better UI
Better how? Not that it wasn't nice already, the new Skill Customization menu is ok but Alpha had an alt version that was fine.
>More Tutorials
You're kidding? What more are people not failing to grasp that they can't fucking take a few moments and god forbid actually enjoy discovering for themselves in a videogame about improving your skills?
3/4 End of rine next.

>In twilight stages the bosses will no longer have small enemies added it’ll just be a much harder boss with new motions as well
This a good thing. If I wanted to fight bosses with fodder enemies, I'd play DaS2. Adding enemies to fights for the sake of making it more challenging is lazy. Glad they will give bosses more moves

Time to end this *unsheathes part 4*
>Fix camera behaviour in areas of inclines or tight spots it did not react well
Alright, vague but can't argue with trying to make the camera better, except where they removed the far better lockon camera angle from the Alpha without even making it an option.
>Improve enemy AI for handling co-op
Should be good but no details woo. More important is that the enemies' severe lack of health is only amplified in co-op, they would be better served fixing that first.
>Let players skip boss kill cut-scenes in co-op
In what way? If it skips the cutscene for the host then that's a terrible idea, but surely they're not that dumb. You were able to skip if the host did though and both could skip during Yokai Realm co-op.
>Allow players to turn the auto camera movement ON or OFF
What does this mean? The only time I can think of where the camera ever moved by itself was during the grapples, and you already had that option.
>Make sure no frame rate dips
Goes without saying, but it's nice that they're reiterating it's a priority.

So, ultimately it's a case of far too little details on the important things, the changes while comparatively slight not actually being necessary/being a detriment, and some things that are actually important being ignored. Naturally this won't be the full extent of the changes, but I pretty much knew such things would be the case, with all the nonsense I heard and saw from people during Alpha and Beta. And of course people will act like they're justified since it was changed rather than it just being the men in suits reading it then looking over at the devs while drawing a line across their neck. Really the main problem is that the worst changes weren't reverted and they're focusing on all the wrong areas. Just makes me sad I didn't have time or opportunity to think of everything when I gave feedback, or can't talk to the developers myself. The uninformed rule the day and we are all worse off for it.

i thought the auto camera movement had to deal with the lock-on camera from the alpha and beta

>can't talk to the developers myself
Have you ever made a game?

What if you want to fight them with Nioh's combat system? I don't like the accusation of it being always lazy since they have to put some thought in what enemies go into the fight. On the outside it seems like it doesn't change much but it adds a pretty big layer of dynamism to the fight. As I said, new moves is fine, but there's nothing wrong with both depending on the boss. Onryoki feels like a solo job but Hino-enma worked great with backup.
You mean like having the old camera angle? I'm not sure, it's a really weird way of saying it. I blame the translation but there'll probably be an inhouse version released sooner rather than later.
If someone made a Nioh thread now I've finished I'd be pretty embarrassed

brb making new thread

Jokes on you when I was a kid I downloaded RPG Maker and half started all kinds of games.

So it's still a no

Bullshit. From can only make weird, disproportionate frog faces. She's way too pretty to be a souls boss.

>O-Ren Ishii is the next souls boss

user, onegai. If other threads do happen I'll probably just link back to this rather than repost it all though.
Well, if you want to be a stick in the mud about it. But developing a game isn't the single defining aspect necessary to talk about game design, especially from the perspective of those that play them. On the contrary, having the virtue of being able to play a game itself and see it for what it is as a sum of it's parts can give someone a unique insight that the developers might miss. It's part of the reason why they did the surveys in the first place. It's just important to still have a wide range of experience and sound judgement, and I can at least vouch for having played a metric shitton of videogames and Nioh itself.

>inb4 puffy vulva

>we want the waifu audience

ITS OVER DARK SOULS ITS RUINED FOREVER

I wonder if they make all the NPC characters in their own character creator

>implying Dark Souls doesn't already have great waifus

NO FLUFFY TAIL
NO BUY

That is a Yuki-onna
A snow woman.
From japanese folklore.
Also a boss in Nioh.
We know this because it was shown at TGS yesterday.

OP is a faggot.

Went back to playing DS3 after playing the Nioh Beta. Everything feels so much more sluggish and clunky.

It's only a matter of time until they show a Kitsune.
That's not just any Yuki-onna.
That's Nouhime, the wife of Nobunaga Oda, at a frozen Honnouji.

greentext is used for quoting

>This is going to be the very first boss in the DLC and I'll be unable to continue because I won't have the heart to kill her.

T-thank you From.

>more options to lower enemy ki
thank god, i hated kicking bosses to death

N A G I N A T A
A
G
I
N
A
T
A

Thought this was Yuna from FFX from far away.

That's actually something I was thinking about, naginatas were bound to be in the game anyway but maybe this hints towards them being a full on different weapon class.

OP did it on purpose

I'm really excited for Nioh, I just wish it wasn't coming out in February.

>Why not both?
Because the trash mobs in the Twilight boss fights are just annoying and don't really add anything interesting to the fight.
>Oh now one of those small crawler enemies can just spawn behind you and do it's grab attack on you halfway through the boss fight
>Now an archer spawned behind you and shot you in the back from range
>Don't try to go attack him, though, because the actual boss might throw a huge iron ball at your back from off screen and most likely kill you.

thats from the ni-oh trailer

Nice attempt at deflection, too bad it doesn't change the fact that you're an idiot.

What you just posted is a pretty interesting predicament right there though. How do you handle both of them coming at you at once? Do you try to split them up, focus entirely on the little guy to kill him as fast as possible, poke at both of them in turn to keep them both at bay, or just ignore and dodge him entirely? What kind of enemy is he, and does that affect what you decide to do and when?

It really isn't, though, because the guy in the back will just pelt you with arrows and Onryoki will just throw balls at you.
If Onryoki actually summoned the mobs around him and used them in some way, that would be interesting, but they just tossed some random enemies into the boss room and called it a day.

>use greentext to quote another person and distinct that it is separate from my own input
??? dingus

Also I'm going to add the only efficient way to deal with the extra mobs in Twilight missions is to uses your Living Weapon so you won't get hit offscreen by an attack and die immediately.

one thing i think they should touch on is it seems scaling is a bit messed
in the beta i got a really good sword at the beginning of the second level and just obliterated everything

Goddamn you people never cease to amaze me with your dedication to schoolyard tier shitflinging

One more thing is that there's no way to use the environment to your advantage in the battles because they're just flat, square/circular arenas.
Even the fire in Onryoki's boss doesn't harm enemies or you for that matter, so you can't do something like push enemies into the fire to kill them, or use something like a pillar in the room to block the weaker projectiles

That looks clunky and unresponsive as shit

okay

Yet another PS4 hypebeast thing that took for fucking ever to come out. Seems like almost the entire consoles catalogue for this and next year consists of massively delayed development hell shit from the mid 2000's

its ok. The game is not for everyone. i hope you can find a game that brings you great joy in the future

Don't forget started as a JRPG and evolved into an action game

I love that he adopts an Irish boxing stance when unarmed.

The arrows and balls have different timings and that's not Onryoki's only attack. Getting too caught up in dealing with the arrows means he can slam dunk you. Plus there's also the zombies that are purposefully there since they have slower attacks so you have a chance to react and deal with them. Same idea with Hino-enma having zombies and axe guys.
If you're getting hit by enemies offscreen, that's because you're not keeping them onscreen or staying aware of what they might be doing by using time and sound. I never had to use Living Weapon specifically to deal with the extra enemies, though it's a perfectly reasonable use for it, but the idea of the challenge is being able to keep up and manage the extra pressure.
Hino-enma's arena is huge, that gives you plenty of room to play with and use in regards to dealing with the extra enemies. Onryoki's arena was made to be much more claustrophobic and tight to make him more threatening and always bearing down on you, which is also what the enemies are there to help with, but I actually found Onryoki himself to be what to use in the environment, since he's so fat you can circle him easily and he gets in the way of his buddies. It's just a matter of expanding your thinking and taking any advantage possible like Musashi said.

Stop making these threads, game isn't out for like half a fucking year

youtube.com/watch?v=cXoNKKNjJeA

i noticed that in the tgs demo they brougth back low stance ki pulse

Isn't she from FFXV?

Isnt even in souls art style who you tryna fool fag

Yeah, I don't like that either, giving it to high stance was one of the few mechanics changes I really approved of. With it, low stance is mindlessly OP with no Ki threat at all and without it low stance loses nothing since it already has low costs and can still do the same things at a less ridiculous level. Low stance had no use for Combo Pulse either for that matter, both should be on high stance and the enemies' health should be increased back to an actually threatening level.

>Yuki-onna
My penis is intrigued.

More like Yuki-Onahole

The DLC comes out in a month

they may have brought back for the tgs demo so its a bit easier for the crowd.

Yeah I'm sure you know what is best for the game, you nobody loser child.

he's talking about ni-oh since this is from ni-0h not dark souls

Yeah I realized that right after I posted :/

Niok looks fucking awesome though. It's the game that finally convinced me to shovel out for a PS4. I'm perfectly okay with having threads about it

Possibly, but random people wouldn't be likely to know about Ki Pulse and it would only benefit those that stuck to low stance, while not helping those in high stance. I remember many people bitching about it as well early on so I could well believe a kneejerk reaction, that's been the case for most things after all.
Rude. Considering I played so much of the game's Alpha and Beta and see their history and influences I think I've got a solid idea. Feel free to express your own thoughts though, oh wait.
>no suggestions or counterarguments of your own

My counter argument is to stop trying to make the game unplayable you fucking autist.

shinken shiraha-dori!!!!

and here i was hoping nioh threads would continue to be polite and offer proper arguments

Sasuga...

Sasuga sasuga...

Low stance should be the most mobile and the "don't worry as much about stamina" stance because the damage output is fucking shit.

funny thing is how extremely responsive and fluid it is

>the damage output is shit
elemental
2kat
lmao

as expected of country grown sasuga posters

Well if that is a problem with 2kat make it weapon dependent and remove it from 2kat.

What needs fixing is that there is little reason to put points in anything other than spirit and the stats for weapon categories are highly misleading since scaling it shit.

It just looks like any old Post DMC3 action game to me somehow. I also love how the Hud seems to have gotten blander and blander with each successive trailer as is apparently necessary for modern games. Everything must look as similar and "realistic" as possible or something like that.

Look nobody said Japanese designers were original these days. They're obviously going for the same sort of Yamato Nadeshiko warrior woman look.

Is she voiced by Yumi Hara? Anyone know cause it sure sounded like her and it's her kind of character type too.

It already is though, without completely removing Ki from the equation it gives you a lot more mileage even with no Ki Pulsing at all. Plus the damage is actually still solid with all weapons. Dodge Pulse let you abuse constant dodge attacks to do even more damage with no timing necessary to avoid getting hit and with next to no risk for your Ki to run out. Putting it on high stance gives that stance some self sufficiency, makes that dodge a little more usable and gives it a nice role along with the rest, and fits with the offensive, timing based style of the stance.
That's not really 2kat specific, all weapons ca get some big sustained damage from low stance, although high is still best most of the time. Points in other things is fine since you get benefits as well as damage from every stat which is really nice, but Spirit scaling was just far too strong in both the Alpha and Beta and overshadowed them. I'm sure they'll nerf it, at least I would hope so but there's a worrying track record.

Also lets be really honest for a second here. Just doing attack dodge attack dodge ad infinitum back in the Alpha wasn't really as fun as it looked. It's cool in short bursts but as the main attack method it gets old fast.

Gomenasai, my name is William-Sama.

I’m a 36 year old English Anjin (Navigator for you gaijins). I plot courses on my charts, and spend my days perfecting my map-reading and playing superior Nipponese games. (Hanafuda, Mahjong, Janken)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my scroll of sword mastery two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Nipponese fluently, both Kanji and the Kyushu dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Nipponese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Nipponese Red Seal, I am moving to Edo to attend a prestigious Academy to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a vassal to the Shogun or a merchant!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Nippon, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Nipponese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Zipangu!

kek

Every Nioh thread has to be at least 35% copypasta.

I fucking love his portrayal in the manga.

>DaS
>No a huge Weeb audience

Yet when i invade/am invaded 99% of the time its some faggot with katana/dual katanas.

>gamersky.com/news/201609/809070.shtml
/thread

Me too, I've only seen the pages posted here but he seems great.

Thats Velka

WHERES MY BEARER OF THE CURSE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

please elaborate why

seek seek lest

Best waifu

Built for sexual

Are you saying you would chill with her?

Living with Aldia and Shanalotte
Speaking of that, which Dark Souls MC had the best outcome in the end?