So they posted this image in last PCSX2 progress report

So they posted this image in last PCSX2 progress report

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PS1_Tests
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We can finally play Crash Bandicoot 2???

so?

>emulating an emulator

>BIMulating on BIMULATION

Might as well play goat BIMULATOR

it's basically just how dolphin does it.

the emulator itself is still dreadful though, and the fact that it exists means that no other competitors will ever be developed.

So they're going to work on PS1 capabilities that are readily available on other emulators instead of improving their PS2 emulation?

>So they're going to work on PS1 capabilities

Nah, they're literally just enabling PS2's backwards compatibility, which works out of the box. If PS2 is well emulated, PS1 games will only gain from this.

With the small difference that Dolphin started out as a GC emulator.

Literally why?

I dunno what the point of this is.

Well if they're focusing on emulating the IOP more accurately now, perhaps PS2 games will improve? Klonoa 2 needs this badly.

Why? I only emulated Drakengard, and the only issue I had was that it would slow down during credits.

but there is already a ps1 emulator called ePSXe and to my knowledge it's pretty good

wasnt there an update that fixed all the warping/stretching

This is literally worthless.

It's actually worse than worthless, because PCSX2 is a very lazy emulator made of HLE trash and hacks, while the PSX is so simple that we actually have 99% accurate LLE with programs like MEDNAFEN now.

But hey, this is for all the dumb kids who think PCSX2 is a good emulator, so maybe they'll support this turd too.

ePSXe is absolute garbage. Probably the worst emulator ever.

Not really. PS2's original bios was a PSX chip. Since the emotion engine is also essentially a better version of the PSX chip they eventually took out the PSX chip and got it working with only a few incompatible titles

epsxe is actually more accurate than mednafen now

user, don't talk shit about what you don't understand

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PS1_Tests

>PS3
was sony even trying

>epsxe is actually more accurate than mednafen now
Not by any possible stretch of the imagination, on any imaginable metric.

>ePSXe in particular seems to deliberately target these tests(partly by using the Amidog software GPU plugin), at the expense of accuracy, rather than for the sake of it, as using the plugins and settings that would get these results causes serious bugs in actual games.
Do you even read the garbage you post?

No, the BIOS and PS1 processors were both on the PS2 motherboard and had obviously different uses. The latter one being the spiritual successor of the Genesis' Z80 chip (which also ran SMS games natively). Only that in PS2's case, use of the chip is mandatory for audio and disc access of PS2 games.

And and what about the graphics? I don't see no GTE on the mobo.

GTE (along with MDEC) is inside the same R3000 CPU, as with a regular PS1.

GPU functions are simulated/remapped on the GS using code inside the PS2 BIOS.

Hey, it works for Kega Fusion

it really isnt. It has problems with some games but for the most part it gets the job done just fine.

>fact that it exists means that no other competitors will ever be developed.
How so?