Dragon's Dogma Bread

How do you play a Mystic Knight effectively against bosses?

I can tear shit like chimeras and cockatrices a new one but anything bigger (dragons, hydras, etc) I feel completely worthless. Spells lack precision. Can't climb for shit. Blocking is very tricky and stamina intensive.

pls respond

For blocking get the prescience augment (Fighter)
Practice perfect blocking. Also get the adamance augment.

Don't waste time climbing, it's not the specialty of the MK. Stone forest can be useful for hydras. Ice enchanted ruinous sigil can help against drakes.

That thing that gives your weapon a dark buff is pretty damaging, you should try it out.

How do you enchant the ruinous sigil?

Hit it with an ice enchanted weapon like the cannon?

just enchant your weapon.

just use the canon everything else is garbagio

eanchant stack 3 canons and fire away

it's good to have a utilitarian pawn, they may use the cannon.

If you wanna use shield go with Fighter, if you wanna use magic go as a Sorcerer or MA.

MK is trash.

MORE LIKE DRAGON'S DOGSHIT LMAO

Man if this game had had co-op you could have had a team of a MK and 3 archers spamming multishots into cannons.

Would be beautiful.

Opinion discarded.

Magick Archer is honestly the most boring class I've played so far.

It's straight Sixfold Bolt spam (Ninefold if you have the ring).

Immolation is the only exciting spell in the whole kit.

Just level up more, upgrade your gear, or use a stack of buffing items. Dragon's Dogma is fundamentally not a game of skill. It's a JRPG, so grinding is always the solution.

no it's a balance of skill and stats. That being said some classes are superior to others.

MK is only viable because of Abyssal Anguish, if it didn't have that the class would be worthless. Holy Furor is probably the worst offender, even the skill ring upgrade can't make that skill not shit.

MK is almost as strong as MA if you make use of its broken shit too

triple cannons with periapts stacked and Abyssal Anguish shreds anything in the game and ripostes wreck most trash enemies

only downside to MK is the low stat growth, so if you want to min max you'll be playing other classes first. though min maxing is pointless since level 3 gear makes all of your stats monstrous

Where are my Rangers at?

How does one effectively play the Assassin? Which monsters does Masterful kill work on?

I became a sorcerer at level 10 and am now level 22. When do I change into a Mystic Knight or Archer? When the sorcerer vocation is maxed or a certain level?

Where my FemWarriors at?

Sorcerer apparently has the best stat growth but only min/maxfags care about that.

Change whenever you want.

>How does one effectively play the Assassin?
Press "masterful kill".

>Which monsters does Masterful kill work on?
All of them.

change to assassin at level 25 for those attack growths

Is Ur-Dragon (online) even a thing anymore?

Made a couple attempts on him last night and didn't look like his health was going anywhere.

I would rather encourage to play warrior and get some useful augments. Those offer much more freedom when it comes to class choice. The difference in attack strength is negligible as soon as BBI gear is available.

what i do is discipline farm at the post-game nobles quarter. just stand on a wall and wait for your pawns to kill the infinitely re spawning guards.

How do i play Sword Assassin well? I just seem to be doing shit damage compared to every guide video out there, even when i'm a similar level.

what skills are you using?

Assassin skills generally encourage inflicting debilitations. Take a 3 star golden/aneled/rusted weapons with you. Or just use plegic arrow.

Clairvoyance / Dire Gouge / Intimate Gambit
Cant remember all of my augments, but i got the recommended ones from Fighter and some of the climbing strength ones.

Plegic doesnt seem to apply Torpor at all. I've used it on just about every enemy and i gave up after 5 hits and still not inflicting anything.

Dire Gouge should be murdering the fuck out of everything.

What was Intimate Gambit? I remember using Windmill Slash a bunch, mostly because I thought it looked funny. But it worked pretty well.

Intimate gambit is pretty much you having sex with an enemy, but with your sword.

clairvoyance is shit compared to masterful kill.
Intimate gambit is only useful for for inflicting debilitations.

Use windmill slash.

Many moves get really good in conjunction with other skills.

Dragon's Dongma 2 when?

don't use plegic arrow, use a 3 star rusted bow, then change back.

;_;

Fun things never get proper sequels

>Dragon's Dongma

Ignore all other answers:

Use 1 magick cannon and then do one of those holy shield augments and perfect block on it. If I remember correctly it is the most damaging combination in the game.

>Lost Planet 3
Ain't that the truth

Use daggers

I feel like the only person who was general unimpressed by Dragon's Dogma. The world was fairly comfy at times but it was extremely repetitive and the quests/plot/dialog were trash. Even combat, the games best selling point, is highly flawed in that some classes are just plain useless.

WARNING WARNING WARNING
A huge faggot is approaching!
WARNING WARNING WARNING

You clearly do not know what you are talking about. Here's the plan:
I will post some webms to prove you are wrong. You will say ooooooh, aaaaaaah, in response to everyone of them.
After the last one you will say "ooh ooh, aah aah, ooh ooh, aah aah" as a metaphor for describing how insignificant you then feel compared to my magnificence, and that of my lovely assistant and waifu Sabrina.
Holy Furor is OP as fuck. Activate it, then go into menu and unequip your weapon and re-equip it. You can now use Holy Furor without the long recovery time, and without losing stamina at the end.

MA is great on BBI, pretty mediocre elsewhere.

>got the game when it came out on console
>warrior is the first class I play because muh Guts cosplay
>never really got into anything else
>get game again for PC, decide to try out other classes
>they're all boring as shit in comparison because everything is so easy

I know warrior gets shit on a lot. But am I the only one who loved it because it wasn't as easy as other classes? When I play warrior I feel like I have to actually focus on shit like timing and placement, as opposed to other classes that can just spam bullshit everywhere.

Is the game playable with kb+m?

I suggest your respond right now.

Warrior is the most casual class. I mean stylistically, it is the most casual. There is a lot of room for making mistakes and getting hit. It's I-frames protect users who spam attacks unknowingly. There is no blocking or block timing required. And it's depth comes from realizing very small quirks in the mechanics that cause a slight improvement in player ability, but stays timid. Very comparable to something like csgo in terms of game mechanics, if you catch my drift?

The other classes are a lot more complex, which makes them automatically better than warrior.

The combat is basically dmc4, moveset split into 9 classes, divided by an obvious lack of skill slots, removed juggling, removed real time weapon switching.
It is a very dumbed down game while it still has the delicate mechanics tweaking you'd come to expect of a capcom game.
Post right now you faggot

I'm waiting you casual scum

>There is a lot of room for making mistakes and getting hit
Yeah I guess that's true.

>It's I-frames protect users who spam attacks unknowingly
The only warrior skill with i-frames that I know of is escape/exodus slash, which is exactly what it's supposed to be used for.

>There is no blocking or block timing required
No but effective attacks against high level monsters require very precise timing because not only are you far less mobile, but your powerful attacks are slower and have long charge times

>The other classes are a lot more complex, which makes them automatically better than warrior
That's kind of my point though.

Ur Dragon became completely irrelevant when Dark Arisen came out. The only reason to fight it is for collecting purposes.

>It's straight Sixfold Bolt spam

This. It's kind of a shame really. They should have either buffed Ur-Dragon loot to be on par with BBI stuff or made new loot entirely.

Is Dragon's Dogma online shit?

Besides the few timing heavy actions you can do the rest of the class is having to deal with casual mechanics. Warrior just has the most casual centric mechanics, and personally I don't understand why you would find that more fun than the other classes.

Still warrior has some fun stuff.

Thinking of starting a new character, not sure what class to go with. Last I played was Warrior, its fun but having just 3 skills makes it a little repetitive.

Sorcerer, Magick Archer or Assassin?

>dead
He's just spamming webms because one random user said they don't like MA.
Stop giving him an ego boost. It'll only reinfornce this shitty behavior.
Honestly, all this bullshit just because someone dislikes one of the classes. Shit's stupid.

some vocations are locked behind levels some classes are made from the divison of original classes from DD.

You can stop sperging out now.

Assassin can be fun, you need creativity and skill to use it well though. Also keep a sorcerer pawn with you.

Ah there's your pawn.

I'm not denying that other classes are more complex or that warrior is the most "casual" of them. But what makes is so fun, for me anyway, is the fact that I have to plan out my attacks carefully as opposed to just spamming tenfold fury or whatever else.

It has nothing to do with him thinking the class is boring. It has to do with him thinking the class is boring because he lacks the imagination/skill/insight of what to do with it.

People spouting their uninformed opinion as fact is not something we should support on this board.

put a magic cannon in the middle of a tornado, or bait your pawn as a warrior into smacking it. Kills your frame rate but it kills enemies just as much.

Is this game fun if I like to explore the world? I really enjoyed Morrowind.

No. The overworld is tiny as shit.

The world is small, and can be partially memorized, So no. Combat is the selling point.

The world is very nicely designed though especially bitterblack isle.

Well sort of. It is not comparable to morrowind, but I did have the most fun just roaming around and fighting enemies. Roaming around in search for content or quests is not something you'll find in this game. But if you like action games as well it might fit your interests.

A free roam action game is what I'd call it. The wrpg label is not applicable here.

What games would you panty sniffers recommend to me if I like large open worlds?

>The world is very nicely designed though especially bitterblack isle.
I never liked BBI. I don't know why people think it's interesting. The game needed random enemy spawns, not semi random dungeons that aren't random.

don't call me that.

Skyrim with mods.

This picture gets me mad every single fucking time.

>Look how cool Mystic Knights look holding their shield :^)

Just one fucking detail managed to ruin the whole class.

some people like dark, dank dungeons.

>just use the canon

Kill yourself if you play the game like this.

what the hell are you on about?

Your mom's vagina.

He's annoyed that the shield goes on the player character's back unless you're actively using the shield.

this is the best way to kill drakes as a MK

this is a dire drake fyi, not a regular one

The fact that this is literally false advertising you retard. They keep the shield on their backs like fucking retards until they block, meanwhile Skeleton Lords and Silver Knights hold it in their hand like fucking common sense dictates they should.

It's fucking awful.

>How does one effectively play the Assassin

Spam Masterless Skill like a faggot

Jesus I'm glad that I'm mentally stable and developed enough that something this small doesn't spawn so much childlike anger for me

When you want to play Mystic Knight.

IGNORE ALL STAT BUILD AUTISTS! I REPEAT, IGNORE ALL STAT BUILD AUTISTS!

The sorcerer augments are handy for MK though.

>MMO

>Using kb+m
Disgusting

>dialog were trash

Literally a pleb

What are good abilities for MA?

I have been using daggers and bow, should I also carry a staff as well to swap to?

I am currently using the holy ball thing, ricotchet shot, 100 kisses, 6fold shot, blink strike and the lock on arrow thing

I am slightly considering adding immolation since it seems silly

yes carry a staff for elemental utility.

holy enchanted blink strike?
What weapon btw

No, it's just that you are too dumb to appreciate fine details in games, and in a game filled with fine details this lazy shit stands out like a sore thumb.

Just a shitty rusty one for that topor or something that is actually good?

What are some good abilities to add onto it?

psshhh whatever autist. I didn't like how they presented the magick shield either, but i didn't sperg out like this.

It's Abyssal Anguish,

Practically all of MKs skills besides ripostes suck because they just augment your other attacks to do broken damage, so it's just boring AND easy.

Also:

>Using a sword as a Mystic Knight

Disgusting.

IT BARES THE HEAD OF A COCK

>psshhh whatever

You can get a rusted/golden or aneled staff.

just add any spell that complements your normal spells well.

Perdition can be used for softening up your enemies.

I play with gamepad. Didn't feel like getting acustomed to kb after playing 2000+ hours on console.

I have played this game many times but never finished because i get bored with my vocation. I fell like maybe playing an Assassin but that was my first character and i got bored too. I can maybe chalk it up to it being normal mode, something i haven't touched since.

Sword/Bow Assassin is basically Warrior 1.5 tough, because you have to hot glue a dodge ability to a slot and both of the sword dodge abilities are worse then the Warrior on at actually dodging.

Well that's a lot of letter missing...

Play a Ranger.

Was that a perfect block? Or some wierd staff skill that I never used? As I never used the staff for MK.
My gawd perfect blocking is so much fun in the game,

Is Ranger actually fun?

yes lightning riposte.

Just a perfect block. Had the staff out for experimenting that didn't go too well.

strider is more fun, but ranger is more strong

>Play a one skill Turret

What part of me not wanting to be bored did you not understand?

Ah, ok. Didn't see that attack.

On antoher note, can you perfect block that wind-up attack the minotaur do, when he's aiming for a pawn?

lol Well done

yes try practicing by inflicting torpor on your enemy. Use the prescience augment.

Just curious, never tried. I did get pretty decent with perfect blocking, not that it's hard with the figher augment.
Tried replaying the game with other characters, but man, I tend to end up as MK. Archery was fun with m+kb, but dunno, how often can you explode enemies with a towier shield and riposts.

climbing is meme

Option #1: Spam Masterful Kill on everything, get bored, switch to something else
Option #2: Play Sword&Shield/Sword&Bow and have the hardest time of your life
Option #3: Thousand Kisses, Instant Reset, Wind Harness, Showdown. Become Buff Sanic.

>That face and hair
>all this fucking make up

>want to replay this on PC
>i put so much time into the console version, beat it a bunch of times, did speedrun modes for the unlockable outfits, beat hard mode, etc.
>the only thing i didnt do is beat online ur-dragon because its autistic as fuck
>know the only difference on the PC version is updated resolution and 60fps
>don't want to pay for it again just so I can get non fucking retarded pawns

Welp.

Solo Warrior Hard Mode run. Pirate-friendly.