Digimon Thread

So apparently the PS4 port of Digimon World: Next Order is essentially a 1.5 edition meant to address consumer complaints about the original Vita release.

I guess they just decided it wasn't possible/worth it to get the new features running on Vita, or to fix it's technical issues for the West.

gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=281343

Some of the key changes briefly mentioned:
>30 new story missions woven into the campaign
>Higher FPS, resolution, and other graphical changes
>New digimon to expand the roster
>Higher difficulty options

Think of it as being like Decode, essentially.

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/bandai-namco-please-bring-digimon-world-next-order-to-pc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well it sounds like I'm going to enjoy it, I just wish it was coming out sooner

needs more sluts

wouldn't mind a PC port

Bandai never do them for niche weebshit like digimon unless they're announced alongside the localization.

As much as I want Next Order I don't think I'll get it, doesn't the game basically play itself and the actual player only has a few things to do?

It's a raising sim, so yes. Your job is primarily training and caring for your digimon, cultivating their stats/skills /personality and then letting them handle the (pretty short) battles.

It doesn't really play itself since you have other equally important things to do instead of controlling them during battle, but yeah. It's a very niche kinda game that plays nothing like a regular monster-catching RPG.

Is there a demo or a chance of having one?

Vitafags cucked again

feels good

I doubt it since AFAIK there's none in japan.

You could probably just play Re:Digitize on the psp to get a feel for it, they're very similar.

Okay thanks

How about real multiplayer

That's good news! If only I had a PS4.

Will there be a japanese ps4 version?

Fix the multiplayer and Ill buy it

What's wrong with the multi?

No its a raising sim

It doesnt exist.
Well it does but its a vpet simulator and you just "fight" an ai

>PS4 only

UH OH

>Tfw your Vita is literally just a Persona 4 Golden machine
I have never played a single other game on it. Is there anything even worth trying? And don't recommend PSP games, I just emulate those ever since mine broke.

Persona is garbage, why don't you try a decent JRPG?

Dragon's Crown is the only other thing I've spent a decent amount of time on.
Gravity rush was neat but I didn't finish it. Finished the Uncharted game when I bought the device but I haven't gone back to it.

I've played plenty. But not on a Vita.

You haven't updated your Vita to 3.61, right?
You have an excuse to try a bunch of games without sinking money into it.

>Vita gets a port of a 2008 game in 2012
>the Vita isn't ridiculed for getting 'console scraps'

Sure. Here's what I own for it and like:
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Demon Gaze
IA/VT
Taiko no Tatsujin V
Superbeat Xonic
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
TxK
Killzone Mercenary
Super Stardust Delta
Odin Sphere
Dragon's Crown
Muramasa Rebirth
Malicious Rebirth
Tearaway
Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
Soul Sacrifice Delta
The Danganronpa games

>Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
My nigger. It's not for everyone but it really grabbed me.

So is there a physical version of this coming to the US?

Digital only.

To be fair it's not a port, it's a remakester. It's got new features and things. And not just throwaway editions, it's the definitive version!

Yes for ps4

Who do I trust?

Believe I was mistaken, there is a boxed version.

The latter because they announced the physical version wasn't happening at first by mistake

The higher you train a Digimons intelligence the more control you have over them in battle. You go from very basic commands like attack and defend to actually choosing their attacks, target and distance between enemies.
I get why people are turned off by it but I love the Digimon World battle system.

Play the original Digimon World for PS1, it shits all over Re:Digitize

Is there a complete list of Digimon available in Next Order yet? I know the new version will add more but I want to start thinking about what kind of Digimon I want to raise.

Who am I kidding I just want Black Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon to make this beautiful bastard

So in other words their pulling another Cyber Sleuth
I didn't by a PS4 for that game so why would I buy one for this one?

I'll give it a try, I love digimon but the only game I ever played was Cyber Sleuth

This. Fuck persona and play trails of cold steel 1 and 2

Play decode it shits all over digitize

same garbage

The Vita's dead in the west mate, they want to focus on a platform that still has people on it. I'm not saying it was the best choice but I can see the logic there.

You can make this in cyber sleuth unfortunately near the end of the game

It's a circular problem.
The Vita failed in the west because Sony didn't bring the games over, and they don't bring games over because the platform is dead.
If Japan can afford to sell physical games when they have less people on the market then the rest of the world can.

Who is the digimon on the left?

The Disgaea games on vita are pretty good.

WarGrowlmon

>no PC version

What the fuck. Bandai Namco LITERALLY said that PC was very profitable, they even ported their garbage God Eater games to it. The PS4 CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!

change.org/p/bandai-namco-please-bring-digimon-world-next-order-to-pc

I literally had to make a petition since we don't have a voice, while the Sons of Sony get the game regardless because they are the Sons of Sony! PLEASE HELP!

Fuck me I meant the one in the middle in this pic

>willingly begging for shit ports
Don't bother groveling to Scamco

Shine Greymon

>falseflag feels guy
>description outright says that PC gets shit games
>petitioner is called 'Saul T. Peacock'
>avatar is some fat guy with glasses

>serious

I just wanted an excuse to call out Bamco on their shit

>No physical release

God fucking damn it, Bandai. Didn't Cyber Sleuth sell enough on PS4 to warrant another physical release?

Read the thread

In the meantime, maybe you can sign my petition.

tfw fell for the vita meme

Is shinegreymon or his burst more better in your opinion?

I really disliked how pretty much every digimon on Cyber Slut is useless but the 2 Wargreymons and a couple others.

My bad, user. News source I initially read gave old info.

It's sad that the only viable Digimon could all be put into a single team: UlforceVeedramon, Lilithmon, ShineGreymon, MarineAngemon, Belphemon, and another Royal Knight/Demon Lord or two to taste.

What makes marineangemon viable?

>There are cameos of Re:Digitize girls
>No cameos of Cyber Sluts

Fuck that shit. Cyber Sluts girls are better than Re:Digitize.

He's by far the best cleric available.

I just use angewomon because boobs

Recovering SP every attack makes it the absolute king of clerics.

Which really brings to light the problem with Cyber Sleuth's balance: the abilities
Some Digimon got broken shit like always going first or free regen, while most Digimon get slapped with piss-poor abilities like -20% less fire damage.

That and the existence of Pierce were what really fucked the balance.

I also thought that accel and character reverse both slowed combat down a bit.
They didn't think a lot of these systems through when they decided to implement multiplayer.

Yeah, you can tell they designed the mechanics and moves around singleplayer and then bolted the multi onto it after the fact.

Different human world universe is the justification I guess

World 1 and Re: Digitize take place in the same universe as this, Cyber Sleuth was some other version of reality that had crossovers with it and the DS games

Reminder that the next Tri movie comes out next week

Spoilers are out