They've got to at least announce when they're going to make their announcement soon

They've got to at least announce when they're going to make their announcement soon

What the hell are they waiting on? Is waiting longer really going to be beneficial to them?

They did announce the NX

>Iphone 7

>yfw it's an unified OS for both 3DS and WiiU

>yfw you'll still need to buy all your VC games a third time

They should have announced it at E3

I just don't want a hybrid.

They will announce it at E3 and release it Holiday 2017.

Why not?

It would never be a powerful console. All this means is that you won't have software droughts as intense as before even if you dont use the handheld portion.

If you're buying it as a handheld you get a really strong handheld and that's a great upgrade.

I'd rather they just make SNES 2.0 and make hardware third parties don't have issues putting games on.

If they make it a hybrid console, that means the home console will be using ARM too. No sane developer will make games for ARM unless it's on iOS or Android. If Nintendo is going the route of iOS or Android anyways, then what's the point of NX?

>If you're buying it as a handheld you get a really strong handheld
You're also getting a really big handheld. This is something I don't want to take outside the house, which means it might as well be a stationary device. Either give me a proper handheld or a home system, not a tablet with an identity crisis.

The PS Vita wasn't really big but was still powerful

This myth really needs to die.

Third party support of Nintendo consoles has NOTHING to do with being hard to develop for.

Thirds know that they simply would NOT be able to compete in a Nintendo dominated industry. This lack of real support for Nintendo platforms is entirely due to trying to wrest control of the industry from them.

And it's not working.

Jesus, I fear for this little boy.
My uncle used to have a Arara. It was the most jealous and violent animal I've ever seen.

It'll be just a box containing Reggie and Shigeru's dried spunk. $250.

Wasn't there a leak claiming the announcement is in october?

They've been taking so long because they haven't had anything really far enough along to show off and leave a good impression.

the system will probably be rushed out too early.

They're still figuring out how to hype up an iPhone dock.

They will announce it one day before release date

"We want the Saturn audience"

You think we'll get Bill's spunk within the launch window?

It's not hard to develop for Nintendo, it's just there's hardly any incentive to.

PS4 and PC have a way bigger marketshare, they both share the same CPU instruction set architecture so porting isn't difficult compared to porting a game from x86 to PowerPC like it is on Wii U, PS4/PC are region free, their publishing restrictions are way less severe than Nintendo, the list goes on and on.

The only reason I can see a third party developer ever going to Nintendo first is if Nintendo paid them or they are a shovelware dev.

Except that's wrong.

If they want to do third party support on nintendo systems they need to do too much work to port games to their underpowered, gimmick laden, powerpc bullshit.

The money can literally be spent on advertising for the game and generate more money than wasting it making an underpowered wii u port that people won't buy.

Let alone that nintendo doesn't offer the promotional or logistical support that sony and microsoft do, and mostly cater to a separate portion of the market than most third parties develop for.

There are actual clear business reasons to not supporting nintendo's platform.

Hybrid is a misleading term.
It'd just be a handheld that can also output to the tv.
The Vita is a hybrid or at least wouldve been if sony ever actually released the HDMI out cord.

Vita's screen is 5" and was already a big handheld. NX's screen is rumored to be 6.2", with sizeable controllers that attach to its sides. Not something I can stick in my pocket, like my smartphone.

Nintendo is planning on doing a Sega Saturn type reveal. Please look forward to it.

You NXfag are so thirsty for a dream it's hilarious.
Find a better hobby.

I'm not saying it's hard to develop for. I'm saying that Nintendo is a nobody in the home console market so they don't have the luxury of making console hardware that requires anything other than bare minimum effort to port to.

>Thirds know that they simply would NOT be able to compete in a Nintendo dominated industry. This lack of real support for Nintendo platforms is entirely due to trying to wrest control of the industry from them.
>And it's not working.
Oh yay, a post pushing conspiracy theory crap to excuse why nintendo has a shortcoming.

1. Nintendo hasn't had control of the industry for decades.

2. Nintendo made its own decisions that damaged its third party relationships. They ignore input from third party devs and treat them more like competition when everyone else treats them like assets.

This is why everybody else has a base standard and nintendo is the oddball with the goofy underpowered hardware.

is nintendo going to make a new console? I mean they delayed Zelda so long I thought thats what they were waiting for.

Whatever NX is, I can tell it's going to disappoint. Nintendo seems to be at huge loss of who they want to appeal to.

They desperately want the casual normie audience but that's already taken by Smartphones and PS4/Xbone and Nintendo doesn't want to commit to those 100% yet. They want to do their own thing even though people aren't really interested in their console thing, people just want to play their first party games.

Nintendo also wants to appeal to hardcore Nintendo fans but they are having a tough time showing it seems. They want to DMCA fan projects, censor their own games, and shit on IPs people love like Metroid and Star Fox.

It's interesting to see how Nintendo is going to do 5 years from now.

Nintendo is incompetent as fuck.

Don't expect anything good, they have been coasting off the successes of geniuses before them

A fuckload of tablets are already that size or bigger though. It's as portable as anything else in the market.

In another ten years, when most all of the senior leadership at nintendo is retired, things will get a bit better for them.

They've got
>We were big in the 80's and 90's so that means we are infallible
syndrome right now, which was a huge problem for a lot of japanese companies. They can't question overconfident and out of touch leadership because of seniority and past success. They just have to ride it out.

I hope Nintendo does get better or at least consider becoming a third party developer like Sega. Imagine what they could do if they put their R&D money into their game development instead of hardware development.

the claws alone make me worry.

They'd honestly do a lot better if their aim was pure game development. For over ten years now their whole deal has been hardware first, games second. They push a gimmick, then try to justify it with the games. They are doing it backwards.

At this point I just assume the NX is vaporware. Nintendo doesn't want to confirm or deny if it's still coming out in 2017

>hybrid

I dislike this. I feel going a Vita or Nvidia Shield route would be better than a 2-in-1 system