What went wrong?

What went wrong?

it needs better anti-aliasing options

I can't think of anything else wrong, its better than UE3 for sure

its the best engine right now

Why is it taking so long for devs to release more games using UE4? UE3 had more popularity back in the day.

Engine is fine just incompetent devs.

Tripwire for example. Yeas of experience with it and still can't get it to run stable/smoothly

Only thing wrong with it that I know of is that it looks blurry and the antialiasing isn't very god.

best engine atm, too bad few games use it.
the few that I've played that do use it had GOAT visuals(Obduction, Ghost of a Tale)

no one's using it; that's the only problem

all major AAA studios have their own engines now; EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft, and yeah, still Valve.

Bethesda and EA hit gold with their recent engines but a lot of games are using UE3 still for some god forsaken reason.
Tripwire isn't using UE4

every other dev has their own engine now.

Very poor performance.

All the bells and whistles means nothing when you can't run the game

ugly visuals, shitty performance, i bet they wrote this with playstation and xbox in mind

This. It's pretty good but only DARPA's computers can run it.

This is a joke, right? I max out all UE4 games and still get 70+ fps

They made an engine and dindn't have any big games to show it off when it was new. UE 3 had Gears of War and UT III, by the time UE 4 came out Epic weren't a game developer any more.

This, the only games that Epic is working on is UT 4 which has about 4 guys working on it, that survival game they announced like 10 years ago and then they never talked about it and some shitty ASSFAGGOTS.

Do you not remember how long it took for people to move over to Unreal Engine 3 in AAA?

We didn't get AAA UE3 games until like 2008

Final Fantasy 7 remake and Dragon Quest XI will use UE4. Also, Tekken 7, Gears of War 4, Crackdown 3 and Days Gone among others. 2017 seems to be shaping quite well for UE4.

Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas were 2006. Mass Effect was 2007.

Kingdom Hearts is UE4 too

NieR was done on UE3 and Automata seems to be using UE4

What do you mean?

Your computer must be pretty good then, better than 95% of pc's playerbase at least.

Actually Nier had it's own engine that's why it ran well on both 360 and PS3, Nier A seems to be using a new version of the Platinum engine
Drakengard 3 was unreal 3