Why are there so many driving sims

Seriously, what is the point of this? Every racing sim is exactly the same. Same cars, same tracks, same handling models, same controls. At least Madden players wait a year before buying the exact same game again. These things come out every couple months.

Fun racing games are dead, user.

I see you are gay

I agree user, i miss fun racing games.
I find rally sims fun though, at least there's track variety.

Yeah, it's like there's actually a market for those types of gamesĀ”

Gran Turismo should go on PC to be frank

Because they actually do have different featuresets and levels of completion, not to mention that every single one is inaccurate in terms of handling in some way. I don't own a lot of them anymore, but I can assure you that having a large market actually is important for this.
also
>Pcars
>Gran Turismo
>sims
lol

>sims
those games nowhere near sims. these are the CODs and battlefields of racing games.

>Project cars
>sim

I shiggy diggy

>tfw no way to emulate any of SEGA's post 2005 cabs despite them being the only company doing fun arcade racing games in recent years

Why the fuck did Wipeout/Outrun/Burnout/F-Zero/Motorstorm all have to die?

There isn't even major things that differentiate them, they are all designed with the exact same goals in mind. I like racing games that focus on gameplay rather than trying to mimic real life.

The only sims in your pic are Assetto Corsa and Raceroom. GT and PC are sims in the sense that Ace Combat is a flying sim.

And no, each sim has its own distinct driving model with nuances and handling. iRacing plays nothing like rFactor, nor does Assetto Corsa resemble like Automobilista.

There's always Redout or Fast Racing Neo, right?

Because they all have different features and physics approaches

There is also no racing sim that doesn't have a ton of flaws

>Assetto Corsa

Lazy incompetent devs and a broken physics engine that goes mental with stiff car setups so you have to fake it. Car sounds are terrible

>Gran Turismo

Not sim at all, but more serious than an arcade racer, cars sound like hoovers

>Project CARS

Buggy mess with dodgy physics

>Raceroom
Dead as fuck, don't know much else about it as I haven't played it much. Sound is good though

>rFactor 2

Retarded pricing model and an insanely complected tyre model means not many mods are release for it and we're still waiting for promised content like Super GT cars etc

>iRacing

Retarded business model, terrible community, can only have 4 different cars on track

One day we'll hopefully get a racing sim that isn't totally fucked in some way

Redout is good but lacks weapons and the soundtrack/number of tracks to reall be a Wipeout successor.

Fast Racing Neo is entirely dead online and was only okay even when it was alive.

BallisticNG is the closest we currently have but I'm not fond of the pitch/yaw controls or lack of punishment for hitting the side of the tracks.

>Every racing sim is exactly the same.
From my perspective, every FPS is the same - when I look at Destiny, Halo, Overwatch, Titanfall, Call of Duty, or Battlefield I see exactly the same game. Because guess what, if you don't like a genre, all you see is the very core mechanic and nothing else.

>You don't like the genre
I like the games listed here , but not this modern garbage. What then?

iRacing doesnt have that much of a bad community outside of the Rookie series. Its not even a contest compared to other online racing games, it IS the best multiplayer sim. Only thing that comes close are a few racing leagues in rFactor.

I miss so much the fun of those games..

New Burnout when ?

>futuristic racing games are dead
>arcade racers are dead

By shit community I don't mean the racing skill of the player

It is good for just being able to go into it and have a race. But the amount of money you need to spend on it is dumb

Oh yeah the pricing system sure is jewish but if you can get one of the year subscription deals its pretty worth in imo. There isnt really any other multiplayer game that comes close.

Then I have to pay $15 a track etc

I just don't feel it's worth the money

I only play assetto corsa and dirt

I was playing redout for a bit, got a little bored though

nobody would buy it on PC

Every racing game on PC is far better than Gran Turismo

HEY HEY HEY IT'S TIME FOR KUH-RRRAAAAYYYYYYYYZZZEEEE TAXI

That just means you only like one sub-genre of racing game

what about games like Driftstage and Distance
I like those

outrun 2006 is on pc

its insane

i play it at 4k 60fps on a 50 inch tv with a 360 controller

>current year
>still no realistic car damage in any major racing sim

Why? I don't understand why developers don't make it a priority.

cause physics models are more important and if you screw up you already lost anyway

This and Forza Horizon 3 are going to be the only racing games on my PC for quite some time.

Actually, no. It's like saying that all fighting games are the same. Racing games are to driving exactly what fighting games are to martial arts or rhythms games are to music--i.e., they are entirely unrelated in anything but theme. These driving "sims" don't simulate shit, they're fully abstract video games, and each can and does treat its abstractions in any way it likes. One can be good and the other bad--it all depends on execution.

>outrun
>Sega lost the Ferrari license
>you can even buy it digitally anymore

Gran Turismo and Forza are arcade racers.
Ass Corsa and P.Cars are simcades.

They say car manufacturers don't allow devs to make extensive damage for the cars because it would taint the products' image.
I don't know if that's a meme though.

>Being such a neutered millenial that you can't tell the difference in the handling models of 4+ different driving sims

Those games all feel completely different.

Castrate yourself, if you haven't already.

futuristic racers suck
arcade racers need to come back though

Those cuts man. They ruin the flow.

EA killed Criterion. You wouldn't want a new Burnout anyway. I could only imagine the bullshit they would pull

>CTRL+F "Trackmania"
>0 results
Cred Forums sucks reeeee

This.

As much as the devs have consensus on graphics, programming physics is something that's not at all agreed upon.

BallisticNG

Yes, but at least they bother changing the look and the levels.
Racing sims often use real life tracks which are also featured on all other racing sims. Not to mention the very same cars.

Truly France's greatest achievement, ironically killed by a french publisher.

>release the sequel as 3 separate games
>it flops
>make some dumbed down console shit for the next game
>it flops

Ubisoft was a fucking mistake

It was more like assisted suicide. They started making those other *mania games instead of focusing.

Trackmania isn't a sim racing game, which is what this thread is about

jesus, outrun looks fun like fuck

I must have it

>. These things come out every couple months
Not really.

>>release the sequel as 3 separate games
This is such a fucking puzzling decision to me. Non-Nations servers built their strength from their ability to switch Environments to keep things interesting, and then TM2 comes along and sell each Enviro. as a separate game for twenty fucking dollars. And hell, Stadium is just a rehash.
I guess it really is too much to expect Ubisoft to understand how to build a loving community.

What are the best arcade style racers I can play on PC?

I already have Crazy Taxi 3, Outrun 2006, and Burnout Paradise

can you actually save the game now?
i tried it and it never worked

Driver SF, NFSHP2010, SASRT, Trackmania United Forever.

So turn them off.

This looks fun.
Should I download it?

Is Burnout Paradise worth buying still? I remember playing it on my friends Xbox 360 and nowadays can only think of it with a warmth in my heart. I don't want to ruin it for myself on PC.

Absolutely.

It still pretty great and runs smoothly even on a cardboard box.

Did someone else like that little period where we would get edgy nu-sims like Grid, Dirt 2 and NFS Shift 2? Their ambience really made racing exciting.

These games aren't sims at all, but yes, they do share a smiliar late-2000s-early-2010s aesthetic that was close but not quite the minimalistic approach a lot of modern games have.

Feels like outside of kart racers, splitscreen local racing is also a thing of the past.

Still not sure why Motorstorm Pacific Rift support 4p split screen, but the follow-up, Apocalypse, was 2p only.

funny how nu-Cred Forums doesn't know Sean Murphy was one of the lead devs behind OG burnout series

lads, really, driftstage is a pretty sweet racing game (currently in alpha) that looks like a well stylized ps1 game
it controls good and looks sweet

It was because of the shifting tracks. The PS3 couldn't handle rendering the track as it underwent whatever disaster gimmick there was afflicting it four times at once.

>Those games all feel completely different.
That probably means that they're all shit and completely wrong if they can't get the same car to feel the same across the board.

>no seeders
Well fuck. Anyone got a mega/gdrive?

Yeah but it's taking fucking years to make progress and the only ecelebs shilling it are the Super Best Friends because they dick ride initial d and are friends with the devs.

So it's practically unknown as a result.

>same handling models

Nope.

If you don't play the games you don't understand them whatsoever, so why comment?

comparing project cars to gran turismo is comparing crusader kings 2 to age of empires. they're both games with countries and historical units! that means they're the same!

can confirm, fun as fuck

huge potential if it's ever released, even more so if it's got multiplayer

Wait what I can only recruit the elf or the lizard but not both?

Seconding this

Nobody has friends anymore apparently which is why devs in every genre ignore local multiplayer

>that looks like a well stylized ps1 game

it doesn't look anything like a ps1 game. it's meant to look like a NES game, specifically rad racer, and sega's outrun. just made polygonal.

Driftstage is garbage and I regret backing it

Seems more like they just want to sell loads of dumb merch rather than make a game

>drifting everywhere
>hearts coming out of the bonnet
>retardation everywhere
>Cred Forums loves it

You are complaining about the very aspects that make sim racers appaling: real life cars, racing disciplines, tracks, sounds and physics.

Every game may look the same because all of them try to doo the same thing. Only with different aproaches.

My guess is you guys complaining just don't like simulating car physics and just want the arcade flashy experience

GT is a big fish in a little pond on consoles, it's literally surpassed by everything on PC

You realise that outrun is one of the best racing games ever made right.

forza horizon 3

>All these racing games
>Literally 0 of them lets you paint anime pictures onto your cars

so? most people will only own one. A PS player will always have GT, PC players iRacing for multiplayer or Assetto Corsa for singleplayer etc.

You really can't even begin to understand these games unless you have a racing wheel either. "same control" is an utter lie, Project Cars and Assetto Corsa are worlds apart in terms of handling

The only thing iRacing brings to the table is the dev run community and leagues.

good

I guess I must of been imagining the Goodsmile Racing Miku livery I have for the Z4 GT3in Assetto Corsa & Project CARS

GOOD

FUCK YOSELF

Just get Forza Horizon 3 :^).

>wipeout hd
>sucks
getaloadofthisguy

>pcars
>gran turismo
>sims
kek

And no, those have no "same handling models". All of those games are very, very different when you'll get more into it.

Seriously, what is the point of this? Every First Person Shooter is exactly the same. Same weapons, same setting, same mechanics, same controls. At least World of Warcraft players wait a year before buying the exact same game again. These things come out every couple months.

Where can i download outrun 2006?

Why there are so many billiards games?

Seriously, what is the point of this? Every billiard game is exactly the same. Same balls, same cue sticks, same hitting the ball, same controls. At least driving sims have different psychics, track selection and ways to setup your vehicle. These things come out every couple months.