Game footage recording general

since shadowpaly now requires login and people are lazy

is everyone gonna switch to something else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC4T8Cfv4_Co3-bWQVetwNHw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I never used Shadowplay to begin with. OBS has always been my preference.

everything else is way too bloated and performance affecting to use. I just made an account to use shadowplay.

this thread doesn't belong in /vg/ retard. OP shouldn't have put general in the title though

my OBS settings
rate control:CRF
CRF:18
keyframe:0
preset:ultrafast

i have a mid tier PC and i can record 1080p 60 FPS BF4 and still playable frame rates

Your mom's too bloated and performance heavy.

dont see threads every day about this

I use Xsplit.

why?

Because I got a 3-month premium trial, and it works really well.

so when the trial ends what will you do?>

why the fuck are you using shadowplay when you can enable nvec or vce with obs?

dumb fucking retarded normalfags using gpu driver bloat software

i have never used shadow play and i can get VCE to work with obs studio and i refuse to go back to old OBS

Can you provide tips on how to use NVENC with OBS?

I like the two programs enough that I'd suck it up and get myself a legit year. I'm making a lot of stuff for my youtube channel so I don't really want to throw a wrench in my pipeline. That being said, the simpler program Xsplit Gamecaster has some trouble with emulators, but honestly after the latest update Shadowplay doesn't suck as much ass and works well enough for that kind of stuff.

My channel to give you an idea of how much I'm using it, I started in July.
youtube.com/channel/UC4T8Cfv4_Co3-bWQVetwNHw

How good is OBS?

I don't stream or anything but I just got the new version of Dolphin and wanted to download something to record some footage. Can it maintain 60fps at high resolutions?

dxtory

OBS
Anything else is either shit or bloated shit

i liked dxtory for a bit but the menu translations were fuckey and you had to make sure it was running before starting the game

That's dependent on your hardware.

i7-6700k @ 4.0Ghz
GTX 1080
16gb ram

you cheeky cunt

you asked the question just so you could post your rig

but yes that can easily do 1080/60 and probably 1440/60

Yeah Dolphin runs really well, but just to clarify I was talking about OBS. I have zero experience with any desktop capture programs so I honestly have no idea how well they can run at good quality, especially if I'm already running an emulator in the background.

You are going to need to at the very least SLI your 1080. You could also go up to 32 ram and should get a sound card. But don't worry a 1 Mbps upload rate should be fine for 1080p 60fps if you want to stream.

What? I saw earlier that the icon during gameplay was crossed-out. So it means it wants me to update and register? Fuck.

It just does that sometimes. Sometimes it's for an actual reason such as the harddrive being too full, but most of the time it's just an error. The problem is, to fix it, you'll need to go into Geforce Experience, turn Shadowplay off and then turn it back on again. That means yes, you will need to update.

Yes, the newest version of the control panel changes stuff up. You sign with either your gmail or forum account to update. Recording got rid of the horrible UI with the stupid flip switch and now you can just press Alt+Z and hit record and it actually works.

How do I set up OBS so that my footage is not compressed to shit?

Go to "Settings"

OBS > everything else

I use Windows 10 :^)

Literally just have to press win+alt+g to record the last 3 minutes of gameplay when playing anything in fullscreen, or win+alt+r to start/stop recording.

spoonfeed me senpai

I don't have a Win key