youtube.com/watch?v=5G88VWa5dLA
youtu.be/zGddWeCR4LA?t=915
youtube.com/watch?v=cMz23Md1GhU
youtube.com/watch?v=77SfC-gmK9o
lmgtfy.com/?q=videogames real world applications
youtube.com/watch?v=HTB7k1tVujA
youtube.com/watch?v=6y9iJDFDh7w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Demanding learning curve. Can't win others with builds like in other PvP games and pretend you are good.

they're hard

Because assfaggots are more popular and homos like your pic are why

ohhh and they hugged ohhh

That's why. Autistic dirty sweaty community of minorities.

Because they're fucking boring and just shit. All you do is mash buttons and memorize combos.

Does he still cast?

they're not fun to play or watch

the genre crawled up its own ass

they used to be pick up and play, now they're not

Shoryuken: Z-Motion + P
Generic MOBA spell: Q key

The "Z-Motion" is really just Forward-Down-DownRight, but the FGC's resources don't really make this clear and a lot of things like 360 turns and charges require practice. Basically the new generation of gamers are fags who want everything handed to them. I've played with some younger players and they mostly just pick one easy character and spam it against everyone and piss in the well when we're playing as a group.

remember when I beat you in smash

Because the inputs are needlessly complex and you know it.
There is no reason for shit like Half/Quarter/Full circles and DPs and that sort of shit to exist when modern controls have 8 fucking buttons nowadays. Reducing the inputs to simple directions with the usual button combinations (and maybe pressing a different direction partway through some inputs) would make fighting games far better than shit like the goddamn pretzel.

Reducing shit to a single button with a MOBA cooldown is a terrible idea, though.

And they hugged... Awwww, and they hugged... and they hugged...

Massive skill gap between good and bad players, difficult for beginners to get in to, requires a lot of dedication and effort to learn, pretty boring to watch as a layman because you need some comprehension of the underlying mechanics to appreciate watching the game.

you need to learn more and more and more shit just to get your foot in the door

remember when these games had short combos and high damage? that was important because it meant the games were still fun even when you were bad at them

now you need to spend time in training mode just to do average damage

The FGC is caustically inclusive and elitist, discouraging newcomers and turning off all but the most hardcore players.

When were they such a thing, in the arcade? The death of arcade experience isn't really the genre's fault.

>simple directions with button combos
how fucking hard is it to do a hadouken? Even more so, just tapping quarter circle twice does a super. It's so fucking easy to play shoto and it's always viable.

Rising Thunder was a decently interesting take and had the chance to bring new players into fighters but Riot had to go shit all over it.

Fighters need a bigger community to get behind them so newbies can play against people of appropriate level. Getting your friends to play with you and learn isn't hard in my experience though.

too demanding, they require true skill and dedication

>you'll never have a cute brown bf like sky

Oh boy. Can't wait for 400 replies going.
>they require true skill

You have to be good at them, and they're part of a social culture.

So everyone here is fucked.

I agree with the people saying the genre is too hard for newcomers. Recently a friend of mine humoured me and played some SFV with me, and he wanted to play as Guile because he is a meme character. I showed him Guile's moves, and my friend just could not do charge motion moves reliably (or barely at all desu), and that totally ruined his experience. He pretty much said "I tried fightan games, they are too hard, I give up".

because white people still play games

yeah instead you pick s-tier characters and ban mirror matches

They literally have no point other than being the best

They're not games they're fucking competitions.

If I wanted to memorize lines of bullshit and get passed over by Koreans anyways I'd go back to college and get another STEM degree

Isn't this guy like really gay for Dunkey?

this post reminds me of the time dunkey beat sky in smash

Just sounds like shitter friends desu -- Charges have been in the game since the coveted Street Fighter II days and people loved it.

Isn't that the case with the MOBA genre anyway?

It takes time to learn how to do things

user, it's not exactly hard to do a hadouken, but it's harder than it needs to be and if you're playing on controller there's a good chance your input just will not work, especially for shit like DPs.
The main problem is that a lot of people recommend you buy a fightstick, but a good game really shouldn't need an extra peripheral that it DOESN'T COME WITH for the most enjoyment you can get out of it. Not to mention that shit like DPs ARE needlessly complex.

Aside from that, you have to keep in mind that the main reason hadoukens are so easy for you is that they are a learned skill. Most of the average vidya community who don't give a shit about fightan will look at you like a madman when half/quater/full circles start getting into the mix, because those inputs are only still there because previous games had them. There's no reason that inputs need to be that way any more.

REMEMBER THE TIME DUNKEY BEAT SKY IN SMASH!?!

because they actually test individual skill level and normies can't play them with their friends engaging collective lobotomy

There's a pretty huge time investment before you're good enough to play with people who really care about fighting games. Friends are fine but if you want to go into online mode or meet up with other people you need to spend hours and hours not even playing the game but performing the same moves over and over to build up that muscle memory. You need to be able to react to certain attacks instinctually in order to punsh them.

It can really turn people off especially if they don't main a certain character. The fundamentals of the game can transfer over but you need to spend another dozen hours just practicing moves before thinking of switching to another character.

High learning curve
Can't blame teammates
Have to leave your house to play at a respectable level

Don't worry though. Riot's dumbed down fighting game will cater to people that can't do a basic qcf

I spent two days on fightcade and I can hadouken 100% of the time with a logitech gamepad. People used to do it with the SNES controller. FGC diehards are elitists who think fightsticks are the best way to play and it turns off newcomers but it is in no way the game's fault for that.

What is a real substitute for old school inputs? In fightan the characters supposedly practice martial arts and they require technique to execute, putting their abilities in the hands of the player. Smashlike fighters like Brawlhalla are doing better for not taking that approach though I suppose.

It's true of other competitive games, it's just that there are more shitters to learn from than your friend who is really really good.

They are, it's just not popular with this board. Unlike most things on Cred Forums, you actually need to play the game to make an actual valid complaint instead of bullshitting, something Cred Forums does not do. Also white people can't play fighting games to save their lives. So that must suck for this board as well.

DP inputs were first designed in this way because they were being balance around having to release block to be able to reversal you.

Reminds me of the time I beat Sky at Smash

Fighting game threads are always cringe. Why are whites always so bad at video games?

>buy street fighter IV on steam, close to release date
>finish story mode
>practice some combos
>look for match
>get destroyed
>get shittalked by a nigger

>download Dota 2 based on a custom map thats almost 11 years old
>get paired with people my level
>win some games lose some, enjoy both

Why would I want to play a dead game? Theres not enough people for matchmaking to work.

Characters are never completely balanced, true, but choosing a character doesn't make you win. In (most) other games, pick a build and you have already won.

Because becoming good requires you to play cheap and casual players are in opposition to that

Sky, we know it's you. Dunkey will never love you.

It's because there's been very little innovation in the genre for the last decade or so.

Difficult learning curve and many aren't tailored to teach you this anymore. Take a look at SFV at launch, absolutely no tutorials or guides to help you learn mechanics. Even now 7 months later it still barely has any and lacks a simple vs cpu mode to help you get to grips with a character more. And no survival is not a vs cpu mode it's survival, they act like total retards until say Ryu 26 and then they become frame perfect reaction machines.

>white "people"

because they have jobs

Fighting game creators can't into balance, they're known for ditching their games, huge paywall, huge learning and practice curve, simply can't enjoy the game if you're bad at it, online is always wonky as fuck and many other reasons.

Like I said, just reduce circle inputs to holding a direction with the usual button combination, maybe switching a direction partway through, or just having a couple simple direction presses that look a whole lot less intimidating than a fucking pretzel.
You mentioned releasing block for a DP, right? Change the DP to hold forward, a couple buttons that need to rapidly be pressed, and then holding up with one more button. Obviously, I'm no game designer and can't really structure a better thing here, but my point is that you can still have inputs that take the same amount of time to execute and leave you vulnerable in the same ways without resorting to absolutely ridiculous shit.

Hell, maybe just set aside a button or two that isn't used for anything else as a button that's only used to bridge parts of an input.

Because white people can't play fighting games that's why they pretend Smash is one, to feel good about themselves.

I remember it like it was just yesterday, when Dunkey beat Sky in smash.

>Playing MOBA's
>Enjoying yourself

sure

This. Love fighting games but this was retarded. Would've preferred 10 more years with SFIV.

This is only true of SFV (and maybe GG/Blazblue) when it comes to jewish practices.

Why are there so many nigs playing smash then? I see nothing wrong with accepting both types of games as fighting.

maybe things besides combos should do damage again

when did combos go from being the highest source of damage to practically the ONLY source of damage

Cred Forums is mostly white and they can barely play tic tac toe right.

like remember when projectiles and throws and normals actually hurt

what was wrong with that

When capcom looked at the hardware and said "wow we can have more than three combos per character now" after SFII

2 hard for Normy casuals

Smash is a party game. It's so strange having grown ass men playing Nintendo characters and making tiers with them.

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yIWj7pdb9c

because Blizzard hasn't made one yet

>nigro games

and sf2 was the most popular street fighter by a wide margin

its almost like they made a mistake when they did that

Because it isn't the '90s anymore. The genre got oversaturated just like platformers and first person shooters and the public got tired of them.

Cred Forums are mostly white males living with mommy. And they still can't play video games.

Because it got blacked.

It's not that black people are GOOD at it, it's that the community is very black. It's all shit talk, violence and OOooooooohh OH SNAP SON HE DOUBLED UP ON HIS PRINGLES NAH DAWG DIEGO IS GUNNA GIT HIM GOOD!

No one wants any part of that

Everybody wants human killing fps and sports games. And normies shit on anything not them.

What can be said of Brawlhalla/Lethal League/Etc. though
this
You've made your point, user. Still feel like the shitty presentation of SFV as a whole contributed just as much as that in the current generation.

>anime

opinion discarded

Because it actually takes effort and skill to get good at them.

are there any good i.e not SF 2d fighter games with healthy online communities for PC?

it's humiliating to lose

They're too competitive and still has a real community, and most people are bad at video games and most "gamers" are actually just consumers that want to connect over the products they buy and not achievement or competition.

Too hard, requires strong reaction times and manual skill like shooter's but also requires a lot of mental thinking like strategy games so it attracts neither audience.

Since there's no team involved there's also no legitimate blame for losing besides on yourself, shitters don't like that.

Fightcade but only KoF if you are adamant of avoiding SF

I'd guess that the anime fighters have a better community on PC though

They are popular, but the shitshow that was the Street Fighter V launch could send them spiraling back down again.

Tekken sells 3-4 million copies per installment

DoA sells about a million

SFV could've sold 3-4 millions aswell if Capcom hadn't gone full retards.

The genre isn't dead. It's alive and well. It just needs something big to change things around for casual players.

I'd rather play other games

If they did, it would just be a poorly made team based rock paper scissors fighting game that only exists because of unlikable 20 somethings and memes sustaining it and barely any updates that actually make the game decent.

MKX just got the online netcode patch but Mortal Kombat is shit

Xrd has some players but is basically dead since they haven't updated to revelator

>all this salt

Just admit that black people are better than you in every single way.

For an entirely balanced fight you must have a mirror match in blank god damn room.
Understandably there are tier lists and can commonly end up as so.
Not the most entertaining thing in the world to watch.
You can count frames and use phrases like
>Rush down
>Wake up
>Cross up
But at the end of the day it is two stringy asian fukbois playing with what looks like from the outside observer perspective as fisher price toys with less buttons.
Depending on the game the match could just be waiting for the first one to make a mistake who then gets down right juggled.
Maybe the match is just two characters flinching repeatedly and chip damaging each other.
Then you have party games like Smash.
A game with no health system and is entirely based on getting ring-outs.
More fun to watch which is why it is popular, it has items and interesting levels, but by no stretch of the imagination is it a fighting game.

This.

There ain't many top tier black people in the FGC but man do they make up about 80% of the crowd at EVO. I remember someone came up with a theory.

With fighting games, you don't need to know how to read. It's why you have so many people saying names of characters wrong, not knowing the names of moves. It's all a big brain dead black culture.

go away Cred Forums

>it's another people don't understand fighting inputs episode
Fuckin hell

Devs don't keep those inputs because it's the standard, it's the standard because devs kept the inputs for a reason
1. Feel. A hadouken and a shoryuken makes sense with the motion. Characters with different inputs obviously would feel different to play which allows for more character diversity and helps you find a character perfect for you. play a charge character and then play a shoto
2. More options. You stated that the special moves should just be one of the 8 buttons, you're retarded. Guilty Gear has 8 directions and like 4 buttons, each combination is a different normal. The inputs are there for the specials. Makes sense to you? More options=more strategy and more technical skill=higher level of competition
3. Balance. Inputs force you to leave yourself vulnerable for longer than a button would, even if only slightly.

Why?

I have a job? They don't.

>>Bu---buhhhh muh dick

Congrats, you got a big dick and yet all you do with it is get yourself in trouble. A big sword is useless in a world of guns Tyrone

They are fun to play but extremely boring to watch. Especially fucking Smash 4. If you got insomnia, just watch smash 4 and it will instantly put you to sleep. Fighting games is literally like baseball of esports. Fun to play but boring as hell to watch.

>Change the DP to hold forward, a couple buttons that need to rapidly be pressed
They already exist. They are charge characters

It's PVP and duel only. People like team games. 1v1 is stressful because you have no one else to blame for being shit at a game.

Whatever nerd, I just know that I've tried to get into fightan before but there's just too many cons compared to pros. I didn't even mention that fact that in most cases you will need a $100-200 stick, a $200-400 console, $20-60 games, and some kind of local scene which don't really exist outside of Cali.

>if you're playing on controller there's a good chance your input just will not work, especially for shit like DPs
On what fucking planet?

You have Louffy winning EVO in the hardest bracket using a goddamn PS1 controller in a game like USFIV.

You have people like SKD playing extremely execution-heavy characters like Izayoi in a game with multiple input-specific OSes, all while playing on fucking pad.

If you can't do a goddamn DP motion on any controller that's not literally broken, then you're beyond a shitter.

>reduce circle inputs to holding a direction with the usual button combination
Those are called command normals and already exist for a different purpose entirely. Command normals require significantly less commitment to use compared to a special move, not only because of startup/endlag and shit like that, but also because of the process of said motion.

Changing motions or controls for options can drastically influence the game. Look at a game that uses 6X for a throw, and compare it to something like BlazBlue that uses BC, and you'll see the changes they have to make to accomodate even that.

God I fucking hate fighting game threads on Cred Forums.

Honestly the genre is in trouble, all fighting games are selling poorly lately.

I have not seem much hype around Tekken besides the FGC.Right now the only thing I have confidences that will sell well is NRS games because there fanbase is casual and does not give care about quality.

>Fighting games is literally like baseball of esports. Fun to play but boring as hell to watch.
>baseball
>boring to watch
You take that back you fucking double nigger.

What would you define as "innovation"? What exactly is so samey about the genre that makes you say that it hasn't innovated?

depends on the game, 3rd strike is fun to watch, i wouldnt watch smash bros either, or even play it

Smash isn't a fighting game

HAHAHAHA
ITS FUNNY BECAUSE ITS FORCED AHAHAHAH HERE COMES DAT BOI HAHAHA FORCED MEMES AMIRITE XD IS MILLHOUSE A MEME YET AHAHAHAH SPONGEGAR

You can't blame anything but yourself and lag.
They have a high learning curve.

Would a game with somewhat simple combos be liked in this day and age, though?

I had the opposite problem when I was getting into MOBA. I always felt my team was dragging on me. So I played Hearthstone for a while and felt some more responsibility in my results. Of course I realized RNG and Pay2Win were hallmarks of the game so after a while I got into fighting. Sure, tierlists and all but really it's gratifying to play on your own regards. It's also not a 50 minute slog to watch your team slowly lose.

Here's a question, is Smash not a fighting game, but are other games that have adapted the ring-out style not fighting games either?

>Honestly the genre is in trouble
Why? Because there aren't 20 million sellers? FPS games sell that much. Yet the genre doesn't have better games than fighting games do. In fact, if the genre goes big, it will just invite shitty western publishers to step in and casualize the shit out of it. Just like what happened to FPS and RPG games. Fighting games are doing fine. It's a niche but fighting games are rarely AAA productions anyways.

This post reminds me of the time I beat Sky in smash

This really. It cracks me up when I see Cred Forums constantly shitting on fighters because it seems to be the type of genre that they should be good at. Fighting games are all about the bantz and then proving through your skill that you can back up your banter.

Fighters are hardly ever about the loadout or build that you chose. They rely more on your ability to control space. Different fighting games have different methods of controlling space. Street fighter is all about footsies to confuse the opponent, then zoning to control the opponent's movements. Tekken & King of Fighters are more about knowing how to move around the opponent while keeping at a decent poking range.

Shit like Mortal Kombat is just about special move spam & rushdown which is why it's the most popular fighter in the USA. It's the game with the least tactical depth.

Games are supposed to be a competition. That''s literally what the word "game" means. Man Cred Forums fucking sucks. I really only come here because this shithole likes a lot of niche Jrpgs that aren't really talked about outside of this board.

They're 1v1, exclusively PvP and entirely skill based.

AHAHAHAHA DONT KILL ME BRO XD

>getting your friends to play with and learn isn't hard

Not in my experience. When we played mk9 all we did was look for the most damaging combo and mash until the opponent got hit. When they got sf4 for free, they didnt like it cause "it didnt have combos." I tried to get them to play 3rd strike, but it looked gay.

They had no issue doing specials, look at the list and try not to suck. They thought sf4 didnt have combos cause it didnt buffer your inputs for thirty years.

And anime is gay. This point I find interesting. I was on floes stream yesterday and he was playing alpha 2. I thought it looked like complete shit, how was this series popular back then? Cause it wasnt anime. Same reason kof isnt popular here. Now everything is 3d and its either not gay or its anime, no in between.

What more could they possibly innovate? The Dead or Alive series are like the only fighters that do something different but most people don't take it too seriously. Innovation is just a shitty buzzword anyway. Wrpgs went to shit after they innovates as boring action open world games. I like fighters because they stick to simplistic goals "beat the shit out of your opponent." but there's a huge variety of methodologies to beat your opponent. My personal fave is the elusive zoning style of Juri from SF. She seems like a Chun Li type at first glance but she's more of a bait character who relies on zoning for opening and then rushing in with quick successive combos to destroy her opponent. Juri can do 3 medium kicks that hit six times in less than 3 seconds which does as much damage as two roundhouse kicks.

That's what I like about fighters. If you get bored with one character you can switch to another who has a different playstyle. Balrog for instance is all about chip damage and forcing the opponent to block while Zangief is all about absorbing damage and then grappling the opponent during the opponent's combo.

Cred Forums pussies seem to think that fighters are all about spamming moves & combos when all you need to know is how to apply those moves during certain situations. Cred Forums sucks at fighters because you have a 1-dimensional playing style, which makes you predictable and easy to beat down.

Cred Forums hasn't been hardcore for some years now. Look at front page. The only reason to come here, is as you say, because of the niche Japanese games that sometimes get mentioned.

1. because they're the most confrontational genre
it's always 1v1 and there isn't much room for anything else except for beating each other while always being close in proximity. also notice how games like smash are more easy to get into because they don't have that claustrophobic and competitive feeling and can be played casually as well.

2. high barrier of entry
mostly inputs. on top of that sometimes the game mechanics are designed so poorly that a new player won't even get to play the game properly because he's getting comboed to death.

3. see >the genre crawled up its own ass
i feel like the genre is a little bit too incestuous. they really should explore more different ideas for the genre, because they are building on top of gameplay that was created for the arcade.

quick, give this man a cigar, he speaks the truth

Now that post reminded me of the time Sky lost to me in smash

1-on-1 multiplayer games will never be as popular as team-based competitive games.

1000x this
>be good fighter player
>be on the inside looking out

Fighting games are pure gaming buy Cred Forums is full of butthurt story gaming faggots that think they should be given a gold star just for playing.

Button mashing is boring and repetitive.

Casuals.
If the fact that people get their ass handed by someone X amount of points or hours invested into it doesn't let them learn the game.
Honestly this is why Smash has so many fucking moron fans. Low skill barrier.
I just wish there were no delay in SFV and it was on X1

>people still believe the button mashing meme

So is losing and playing against weak opponents, I'd imagine, if I were the kind of person who believed you can win by mashing buttons.

>Basically the new generation of gamers are fags who want everything handed to them.

Every time this thread comes up you see the fighting game fans blaming the NEW PLAYERS for fighting games falling off rather than the games themselves. How does one perform these mental gymnastics?

Yeah, it's defiantly out of era

>niggers
>not playing SFIV on PC

It's not that fighting games have fallen off. They're more popular than ever, it's that new gamers don't play them as much as Uncharted because new gamers are babied faggoys that want games that let you hold forward on the A button to win, that give you big trophies for 1000 steps taken, and don't show you a scoreboard or let you compare yourself to other players performance

Generally the hardcore audience that plays competitive games like games that are hard, so MOBAs are more popular.

its a dick waving contest that non-autists want no part of

Because when you start losing in fighting games not only do you lose control of your character as they get combo'd but they also yell out in pain as they get hit and upon defeat you get a big red "YOU LOSE" screen. The average gamer has such thin skin nowadays that they can't handle seeing that

There needs to be incentive for people to want to create new IPs or continue/revive there old ones so yes you need a 20 million seller once in a while. Unless you want shitty western indie games or the random Japanese fighting games developed by two people dominating the marketplace.

Mortal Kombat with friends is aids, t. guy who has his friend spam johnny cage and noob just to special spam against the five of us while one guy who plays MK since the old days can actually outskill him. Normie appeal is working wonders for MK right now but I personally am not very good/ don't find much appeal in it.

Truth be told I picked up fighting games for real very recently and just sat down to learn the moves and get stomped. It requires getting shit on and learning bit by bit, which is absolutely against the handholding most games now encourage. If you tried to learn LoL and then SF (hell, even Dota which is supposed to be harder to learn), you'd see what that means. LoL doesn't challenge you at the basic level, and a lot of other games coming out to be "competitive" don't do so either.

I actually like LoL but it's something you gotta be honest about. Most players just want it handed to them.

>Lose 1 on 1
>"Fucking peruvians/russians/Brs"
>"Valve please region lock"
Wait, something doesn't add up...

Other online games, you play with friends. Fighting games, you play against friends. I wonder when we will see the first team-based fighting games. TTT2 and KoF already offer it but it's not fleshed out and not really the focus of the games.

There are a lot of new IPs

Why did you not have him start as Ryu? It's your own fault

It's called Brawlhalla and it's decently popular on steam. Cred Forums will reject such games as fighting, though.

It's literally 100% because the games are too hard and they don't mollycoddle you when you lose.

They are made for tryhards and autists. Fighting games that focus on fun are popular like Smash Bros.

Westerns want easy and fast. Certain left wingers want sjws themes in Japanese games, all cancer.

Most western reviewers are biased towards fps.

Don't help many nerdy people grew up and gave up on video games in the west while Normies took over with love for the Fps. Makes sense a gun culture societty like Usa loves fps.

Most westerns suck at fighting games or hate the Japnese or Anime culture most fightng games still retain. Lets not also forget westerns prefer guns or hand to hand combat fighting.

I'd rather play physicists based fighting games when it comes to melee. Pure skill, and not bullshit move sets. Stuff like Toribash is just more interesting - among other innovative fighting games. Completely balanced, no bullshit, raw skill, and judgment.

>physicists based fighting games
That actually sounds hilarious. Like you could have Oppenheimer vs. Feynman and Stephen Hawking in a robot could be the final boss.

>It requires getting shit on and learning bit by bit,

Which is bad. And stupid. LoL, for example, DOES challenge you at the basic level because you're always playing against people relative to your skill rather than someone who will Perfect you for literal years' worth of attempts to 1 v 1 them.

You keep saying the issue is with players wanting whatever "just handed to them". That's not the issue. In pretty much any other genre of game you can be new and have fun. In fighting games, that's literally not possible unless you like getting slapped or turning your hobby into a second job commitment

>but by no stretch of the imagination is it a fighting game
here we go again

You mean views and all that stream bullshit? Okay.

The main problem with fighting games, like real life sports, is that they are singleplayer. Take for example Tennis vs Football.

Tennis is easily the most popular single-sport out there, but is not nearly close to Football. Just see the best two players, Djokovic and Nadal (I don't know which one is the best right now) playing each other and look up the ratings. Then watch a Football game beetween Barcelona and Madrid, do the same.

People feel more identified to a team than to a player, that's why team games are going to be more popular. You always hear "I root for the Manchester United" but almost never hear "I root for Rafael Nadal", that is because teams and institutions exist beyond players. Same aplies to fighting games and MOBAS, Shooters or whatever shit that implies teamwork.

It is not about complexity or whatever thing you read in this thread.

So normies can't handle being alone and need dick riding? Makes sense.

people like teams better because they want their shit ass to be carried by some one better

what are some cause I can't think of any.

No, even solo fps games like quake 3 were more popular than fighting games.

Because fighting games were super popular in popular arcades.
The only places that the arcades or arcade like communities that exist are Japan and Socal/norcal. Even NYC that has chinatown fair barely gets entries on weeklies.

Capcom holds SF on a pedestal. It does no wrong.
Even when SFxT was a flop, they blamed Tekken.

These combined with the fact that most FG devs are Japanese companies means they are lazy if it's not popular (in japan) they wont even try other countries.

If fighting games adopted a BW style of team play where the team performance still matters despite it being 1v1, they would be a lot more popular. The FGC is too open for this kind of league though and the FGC seems to enjoy it better this way. Doesn't help with popularity though.

No, as in generation of physical properties - like Overgrowth (if you're even remotely familiar with that game). Games seek to simulate the body and it's structure. Health is determined by physical damage to the body's structure

>overgrowth
>game

If there were more players who were willing to get into it, you would have more players and the matchmaking would work just as well. That's just the state of the game as it is. Also a "basic level" isn't really last-hitting or map play, it's more that hitting Q does something strong instead of having to do QCF. If more nu-male gamers had the balls to learn the basics, you would have a better matchmaking system.

>competitive Quake
you cannot be serious

You mean like teams in the Formula 1? They are single racers but in teams like Ferrari or Mercedes. It has a similar problem, just see how Ferrari racers fuck up each other when they are going 1st and 2nd. They want the victory for themselves, beacuse it is not shared. Less people remember a 2nd place

>Because the inputs are needlessly complex and you know it.
The most complex shit is pretzels/early Fatal Fury DMs (pretty much gone) and 720s (easy enough to buffer). 360 isn't even a full 360 (usually just half-circle+UF/UB depending on which direction you start with). Quarter circle, half circle and DP aren't even remotely complicated unless you're literally retarded.

I think you're mis-identifying the root of the issue in assuming there's a solution that simple, honestly. While narrative is more easy to generate with teams rather than individuals since you can use location almost exclusively, remember StarCraft dominated a country's entire pop culture. There are however lots of impediments to fighting games' attractiveness; the fact that they have a tendency to piss you off when you play them especially if you suck, that they're not very palatable to women given they're direct one-on-one physical conflict based. Mix that with a truly fucking weird mish-mash NSFW culture full of autism, testosterone and persona creation and it's pretty hard to market.

>Quarter circle, half circle and DP aren't even remotely complicated unless you're literally retarded.
They are not complicated if you want to do them one time, but to be good you have to be able to do them consistently in every situation, which can be pretty damn frustrating.

>pretty boring to watch as a layman
SF5 did well on ESPN2 and plenty of normies who had no real familiarity with Street Fighter got into it. Fighting games are arguably the MOST normie friendly vidya to show because matches are generally short, the games are flashy and while you might not pick up on every intricacy you can still watch and get a good idea of what's going on same as in most sports.

>WAHHHH fighting games too fucking hard
>I can only put in 5 hours and in those 5 hours I learned how to shoryuken and hadouken
>5 more hours of playtime and quit
>puts 5k hours into assfaggots

It only took me 50 hours to hit gold, meanwhile people have to put in 500 hours just to be your average player in a mobashit

Kind of. BW had individual tournaments running alongside Proleague where people could actually prove themselves, but the team play is what kept the fans invested. It also had the Winner's League format, in which you play until you either go 4-0 and all-kill the opposing team or send out the next player if you lose.

It's really not.

There are smash two v two tournaments. But theres hardly enough space for movement to matter and combo is piss easy if you what your doing. So its like mobas, the only skills necessary are teamwork and positioning

casuals don't understand what's happening on screen

Of course it is. Even pros still don't have complete consistency in their inputs.

People put millions of hours into assfaggots because assfaggots matches take a really long fucking time to finish

Explain

They do. Overwatch and MOBAs are way more hectic and that doesn't stop casuals.

Fighting games haven't fallen off at all. But most new players pick up the game excited, train a little bit, then get their asses absolutely handed to them by someone experienced. From here on, 60-70% of new players will just give up and start cursing about whatever that the game is shit and people are shit and etc.

They take effort to learn and the 1v1 gameplay prevents people from shifting blame.

If you suck, it's on you, and you can be sure it's on you.

There's a reason why overwatch, with 5 other fuckers to blame and no real scoreboard for how badly you're doing, has a billon people playing it

>Schrodinger's 50/50

excuse me? I have nearly 200 and can't get into silver

No they don't, most casuals are going to get blown up by tick throws, left right mix ups, fuzzy guard, hard to see high low mixups and unblockables.

Most fighters don't tell you what's happening. Only one I can think of was p4a

This is the issue. Fighting games are in a bad spiral of niche playerbase that grows increasingly niche. It's a shame SFV was a blunder because it was the perfect game to capture a new casual audience. They just had to finish the game first.

I was thinking about this earlier, and I'm not sure if fighting games are all that spectator-friendly for people who don't play the game. The game may be flashy, but without understanding the execution behind something, people don't understand why something is impressive. Incredibly tight combos could just be mashing a button to the uninformed. Deep system mechanics are nonsense to the uninitiated.

I think it's much easier for an average person to comprehend shooters or RTSes because the individual actions are so simple and universal.

Pretty much. This coming from someone who played SF2 and SFA series. Once a fighting game has deep fighting mechanics you just get lost on it and fall behind everyone else. This is why SF3 failed as it tried to make the SF series have deep mechanics that us norms could never fully take advantage of.

Just not fun that you get blown up with a 16 combo and you'll like "fuck I can't never do that" and just resign.

lol
Casuals barely know the basic moves of each. character.
They watch a tournament and think it's just button mashing, get wrecked online and quit.

nah it's not the learning curve. look at any high-level FPS game. being in the upper tier takes a long, long time.

fighting games are just inherently more boring to people than other genres.

Wait what? Why do they ban mirror matches? Doesn´t mirror matches prove who´s the best the easiest? If they both trained up their game with Ryu, why can´t they both pick Ryu to see who´s the best Ryu master?

It ain't the 90s anymore. Fighting games were good only when played with friends on the same couch while passing blunts around and bumping the Wu Tang Clan. If your friend is gonna pull some bullshit, you can reach over and smack them. You can't smack strangers through the internet while sitting alone in you rplace.

>not the learning curve
>compares a game where you point and press button to shoot to a game with multiple characters that have dozens of moves each to be memorized
You're literally insane.

I tried kof when I was young, I used to visit the arcade with classmates from school, but I usually went to play metal slug or some racing game there, I used to think they were hard, with all the shit you had to remember
Is not like I hate being a single player, because I used to participate on magic tournaments, maybe I should try them now, I have more free time

>Doesn´t mirror matches prove who´s the best the easiest?

Yes. But the reason they might be getting banned is probably because of too many people picking the same character.
I think watching mirrors is fun, but when you see the same top-tier character mirror in the tourney finals for 2 years straight, well. That's a problem.

>not just playing Smash
Literally the natural evolution of the fighting game genre with a huge and ever-growing scene. Combos and flow are organic instead of cheesy memorized button pressing. Inputs are less arbitrary yet the game is far more technical.

>Implying I'm not playing fightans with my bros every sunday over the couch
Just because you fell off doesn't mean everyone did.

FPSs are literally the easiest games even chads love to play, you moron.

It's not the learning curve itself, but it's the insane requirements to even enjoy the game in the first place. In an FPS you already understand the concept of aiming at something, so you try to aim better. In fighting games you need to understand a huge variety of moves, special moves, the range of each one, what links are and what links into what, footsies, whether things are safe on block, etc. These are all too nebulous for a newcomer, especially someone who didn't grow up with arcades and was forced to learn this because there was money on the line. Then you have some newer games that try to innovate by adding 5 different types of blocks or 3 different types of jumping and it all becomes a mess.

you're right, thats a problem, with the game

what the fuck are you trying to say? in fighting games you literally hold left/right and hit a button to kick or punch. now obviously at higher levels the genre becomes way more complex than that, but that's the same for every genre.

compare "learning dozens of moves each" to all the nuances that exist at the top level of CS.

>In an FPS you already understand the concept of aiming at something, so you try to aim better.
In fighting games you understand the concept of killing your opponent, so you try to kill them better.

Party games are already pretty popular, we're talking about fighting games here

Because the fighting game genre has neither changed nor evolved in any meaningful way in years- it's still about two people fighting in an arena, and years from now it'll still be about two people fighting in an arena. It's extremely limited and small in scope, and no amount of combo moves or special attacks will ever change that.

This genre should've evolved into side-scrolling beat-em-ups ages ago, and it hasn't. It's stagnated, and now it has no idea how to stop stagnating.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and Street Fighter 6 or Soul Calibur 7 or whatever-the-hell-number-they're-at-now-I-refuse-to-look-it-up will save the genre.

no, even at beginner level you have to do more than that.

Kill them better how? It's not as simple as punching harder or moving faster. There's a huge difference between "aim better" and "learn all this shit".

People don't like getting BTFO and having no one but themselves to blame.

It's why people get into ball sports instead of combat sports because even if you're a shit player you can always get carried and claim victory, as if you accomplished something, or blame the team for your failures.

throws are retarded strong in SFV m8

I love this webm so much

It is, but I can't think of many fighting games nowadays that still have that problem. I was thinking of UNiEL when I typed that, and that game is the prime example of balancing failure.
But if you consider the bigger fighting games nowadays (SF, BB, GG, KoF, Tekken, etc), that barely happens anymore. The occasional mirror match happens and it's always pretty fun.

Your argument is weak because you're implying FPS games don't have equivalents to "understand a huge variety of moves, special moves, the range of each one, what links are and what links into what, footsies, whether things are safe on block".

All my friends are in different places, user. Sports and fightan were about socializing back when the only multiplayer was couch multiplayer. I've no doubt they're just as fun if you still do that but take that away and all you've got left is autistically practicing and playing them.

eh don't be so biased. they just aren't comparable.
but the point is that smash is more intuitive and natural, mainly because of the way you move.

Side scrolling beat em ups aren't as fun as fighting another person

Because inorganic combos (set play) are complete cancer

That's not what I'm implying, what I'm saying is that none of that is required to enjoy the game to begin with. Aiming is a simple concept that gets better with time naturally. This leaves people a lot more open to learn about gun properties, spread, range, tracking, the concept of flickshots and whatnot, it all ties back into that one simple aiming mechanic.

Looks like you're just a shitter then. I got to gold after 100 hours of SFV and it was my first fighting game. I had fiddled around in Tekken in the 90's but never actually tried to be good at it

i pretty much only play KI. the balance in that game is fucking superb and i fucking LOVE mirror matches with spinal.

>all that laughing and rattling

thats why i got into fighting games. i regret nothing.

>innovation is just a buzzword
This is what retards actually think.

I'm talking about normalfags though, you know, 99% of a game's playerbaase.
They can understand what aim and shoot is and even try to get better at it.
But a fighting game you have punch and kick buttom and a bunch of moves that make no sense so you have to read move lists for every character.
Guess what, normalfags don't want to fucking read a manual to play a video game.

>aiming and shooting in an fps is less intuitive than figuring out frame data

Well, I'm sorry then.
Maybe one day you'll find bros that you can have fun with again.
Online play is convenient, but local really is just pure fun.

That's more of a problem in the game design rather than the casuals. Fighting games have a ridiculously high entry barrier in contrast to the skill cap, whereas you can have fun in an ASSFAGGOTS even if you are pretty bad. In fighting games you either spend a lot of alone time in the lab or spend a lot of time getting your ass handed to you, both of which aren't very fun for beginners.

Name a fighter without setplay

because it's full of people Autistic, that take them too fucking seriously.

also no one but tournamentfags like tournamentfags

>being a reasonable, non-hyperbolic adult on Cred Forums

I don't know what you're doing here, but hi.

How about that Shrek Super Slam huh?

Double dragon was already a thing. Also Tekken did what you're talking about multiple times.

same reason why other genres are dying or dead
>RTS
>arena shooters
>fighting games

Honestly, good.

I don't want to see Guilty Gear go from the amazing game it is to another "press x to win" shitfest because casuals can't handle anything more difficult than a single button press.

DOOM 1 on I'm too young to die, is too complicated and hardcore for the modern casual. Most can't even hack it out in Overwatch.

The solution of "make it piss easy so that even a comatose meth baby can do well" is not a solution at all.

It's because real fighting is a lot more fun and takes actual skill. Who the fuck wants to watch a bunch of people who wasted their time learning complex combos and fake patterns that have no real world applications.

Actually, unless you're playing SFV, 95% of people don't care if you suck as long as you:

a) don't pretend you're better than you are or blame other things for your lack of skill
b) constantly try to improve even if you don't have a lot of time

I keep seeing so many say the FGC is cancer(which is kind of true, but) that shuns anyone that isn't god, and I've yet to see that happen. Never seen someone interested in the game outright shunned for not being automatically good.

Lol, I'll bite. What real world application? I've never been in a situation in life in which fighting was a practical answer.

>Typical nu-male cuck millenial who never stepped foot outside his campus and realized that the world is a violent place and that people are not reasonable and you can't always talk or avoid your way out of a situation.

They have a steep unforgiving learning curve with no real reward. Both in terms of competition and enjoyment.
This could be based on my bias of hating fighting games, they are shallow autism simulators that requires a good memory and lots of practice.

That's a lot of buzzwords for such a young child. Where do you live that's violent enough that you need to fight? Sorry I live in a civilized society.

>why aren't fighting games more popular?
They need to be more casual and accessible for everyone to just pick up and get into.

It's mostly that they're hard to play for newcomers. A friend of mine picked up SFV, couldn't even manage to pull off a cancel and quit.

I think it's partially the game's fault, but the majority of players simply don't have the patience. Even with proper tutorials, when going online you'll still get wrecked until you learn how to actually play. It requires a lot of patience and execution compared to most games. Most people just don't enjoy losing over and over again because they don't feel like they're improving.

>Typical basement dweller that doesn't realize that a broken bottle invalidates most martial arts and guns exist and are plentiful.

Your opinion would change if you actually stepped outside.
Wanting to get in fights and getting in fights are two different things. The later is unavoidable in the outside world.

>Cred Forums talking about fighting games

Every time the same congregation of retards.

No more arcades, kids don't play in the same room, etc.

>mfw these guys start lifting and learning karate after some guy with a bbc starts fucking a girl that they talked to once.

this reminds me of that one time

ROFL
I've stepped outside, and how the fuck do you just get into fights? You try so fucking hard to sound edgy and cool. If you don't act like a fucking retard you don't get into fights, and if someone got into a fight with you then you can just not fight back and the law is on your side.

Because they're stressful fun. Most prefer relaxing fun.

They are also much more at home in an arcade than on PC/console over the internet.

>mfw this guy realizes I haven't spoken to a female in 5 years

you should get stabbed in a bar to see how effective "martial arts" are

>The later is unavoidable in the outside world.
Real life is not Yakuza. People just don't stop you to fight every 20 steps when you're on the way to the corner store to buy some ramen.

If you think being able to do special move motions consistently is the fundamental challenge of fighting games, I'm here to say you actually suck ass and should shut the fuck up.

Looks like the cuckee has become the cuck

It's not really fair when a large group of the people who "played" sf2 were SNES shitters who ate up any kind of arcade port despite the quality.

There is title popularity, then there is competitive popularity.

Self defense, if you work in law enforcement, security, or the military, there's a lot of reasons you might find yourself in need of some combat skills.

As someone that have actual combat experience, you can actually avoid most fight by talking, or just by calling the police, you niggas need to go outside more

So now it's gone from being you need those skills to go outside to you need those skills in these specific fields? Massive goalpost moving. I'm not in any of those, and neither are the majority of people.

My mind can't comprehend the stupidity behind these world views. Do you all live in ghettos or what is it?

You don't go outside at night for drinks?, niggers get mad easily while being drunk

>Get in fight with guy. lol I'm not going to fight back because law is on my side. He keeps on beating you up. H-hey bro, law is on my side I'm not fighting back you're not playing fair. He doesn't give a shit and keeps on beating you anyway. Wait bro, I have the moral high ground. :^)

>>Cred Forums

Actually, no. Where I live we don't have many niggers though.

they're hard to get into

I wasn't talking about black people

Then the cops show up and he gets put in prison. But oh no he got to beat you up for a while!
I'm not a degenerate so I don't drink.

Yeah, it's crazy that people can be such brain damaged savages.

>Posting this on what started as an anime image board.

Get rekt.

>Cops show up 10 minutes later
>You're lying there with multiple fractures and contusions.
>Guy took your wallet, smartphone, and other valuables and is long gone
>Cops take statement then leave and never catch the guy because they got other shit to deal with
>You have the moral high ground :^)

Do you have no honor? Fucking hell, I bet you're Australian.

Why is this place full of pussies, worse than nu males

I always thought this was a big factor as well.

It's weird though how people think this is a problem that needs to be solved. They talk about fighting games as if they aren't popular by themselves and the community needs to be fixed. Fighting games are pretty huge for what they are, and they are growing fine without any kind of internal changes.

Tennis doesn't need to change it's fundamental competitive aspect for popularity, and I don't think fighting games do either.

>Get in a fight with guy. lol it's k I'm trained black belt in happopyuken karate and master in ball-busting krav smag, the deadly art. Oh no he has knife. lmao it's k i got this disarm this guy ezpz. ow my hand got stabbed but it's k i'll show him. oh no he has friends. it's k, whirlwing kick! why am i dead

Also Riot tried the whole casual shit with Rising Thunder and it completely bombed. Fighting games should never abandon its core. If it happens then it becomes as fucked as modern "RPGs" are.

Nice strawman.
If some random fuck I don't know attacked me I would obviously run to a place with more people so that he is more easily stopped and the crime is more easily reported. Not that that situation would ever happen to me because I don't live in Chicago.

Moral of the story: get a gun and don't let niggers get the jump on you.

>honor
Holy shit I can't stop laughing!

FPS really don't have equivalence to that. They have a handful of nuances by game and that's it.

YES, THIS. KNOWING HOW TO FIGHT IS A LOT LESS POWERFUL THAN GUNS.

Does this retard not understand that the "law is on your side" also in the case of self defense?

If you are actively getting into fights in a first world country, then maybe you need to rethink your braindead sperg life.

Because most people dont have that much time to dump into a game.

People who are good at fighting games are no-lifers, without exception.

>He's too retarded to block.
>He's too fucking casual to learn a small handful of oki setups.

As mentioned, casuals and normies are too retarded and should stick to the complex task of moving a cusor towards a target without shitting themselves.

Hey, whatever justifies your lazy excuse ridden lifestyle, am I right?

Lot of liberals in this thread.

Street Fighter doesn't need casual player am I right?

By your definition of game, all children's games should require them to memorize skills that are out of their mental range of development.

Nigga' I'm 6'1, 215, I have a 405 deady, and can do half marathon distance even untrained. I'm not worried about 99.9% of males trying anything.

I don't even give a shit about the "smash isn't a fighting game thing" but brawhalla just sucks ass, it's like brawl with how floaty and garbage the controls are. It also dosent help that EVERY CHARACTER HAS THE SAME MODEL EXCEPT THE HEAD it looks cheap and plays like shit.

couple reasons:
>blacks are more common in the fgc, crackers are too scared of them
>esports are fucking dumb anyways
>shit new releases like kof xiv, mkx, and sfv
>fgc is complete shit at the moment outside of 2-3 games
etc.

Played SF and some anime games serious for about 4 years. Stopped with sf5 bc I honestly just wasn't having fun anymore.

Yes I can grind out combos and block stings in training. But with that time I could play multiple different games a year. I'd rather have more varied game experiences.

Or people want to have FUN! What a novel concept, huh?

Anyone play Darkstalkers 3 here? I'm looking for a training/casualplay buddy since I'm finding the game fun as fuck, but dead.

Fightcade or the PS3 release is fine.

This.

>6'1"
M A N L E T
A
N
L
E
T

I think this right here pretty much sums up why competitive fight games, and the genre as a whole, is dying.

>dying
What makes you say this? The competitive aspect has been on a strong growing streak for years. Major new releases in key franchises are coming out all the time and the future looks good.

Or are you some kind of entry level tard that thinks only Capcom games fit into the genre?

Wrong. In a game with builds, what happens is a bunch of autists write algorithms and build spreadsheets to determine objectively what the best builds are. Then everyone in the community who knows what they're doing uses those builds. At that point, it boils down to luck and skill just as any other game does.

6'1? your deadlift doesn't mean much when it barely has to go off the ground

I've seen all kinds of autism from competitive games, but the FGC takes the prize. It's just a weird mix of turbonerds and dudebros thinking they're still in highschool actually beating each other.

youtube.com/watch?v=CsJfLKtGlfw

My locals have gone largely unchanged for the last 5 years aside from retarded Smashers having events at our tourneys now.

Lanklets pls go.

This is why skill trees and such are ultimately pointless, they inevitably become a puzzle for aspergers to figure out instead of a way to customize your character

youtube.com/watch?v=5G88VWa5dLA

How come smash players are angrier than fighting game players? Only incident I can think of similar to this is Sanford Kelly's stick toss.

>tfw a 6'1" midget
>lift all day and still get punted around by skinny tall guys because I'm an less evolved from a muscle mass standpoint

>actual physical exercise or having a real job instead of learning to press buttons in a pattern means you are lazy

Hit a little too close to home I guess

>he is so depressed and psychologically unhealthy that he can't balance basis expectations of life like excercise and working with a hobby.

okay my dood

>Projecting.
>Manlet posing as lanklet.
GG no RE.

i dont understand fighting games. You can actually train a combat sport and fight in real life. Its fairly inexpensive, gets you in shape, and could potentially earn you money. At least then the banter and machismoism would make sense.

I'm so sorry user...

It's not really a simulation of actual sports-based combat if that's what you are thinking.

It's like saying "Why would you learn chess, when you can just become an officer in the army?". The only thing they have in common is a very basic theme.

I don't understand video games. You can actually go out and jump on things in real life.

Can you fucking throw fireballs at people?
Do you know how to do whirlwind kicks?
Can you move at 10x the speed of the average man?

If so, please fucking teach me.

Yeah but chess is for nerds

Your analogy is poor, because if you have a fight sticks worth of money, you can participate in a combat sport, you cant do that with being a general.

because theyre boring as hell

Show me where a fire breathing dragon is, or a space ship i can pilot. Ill wait.

>Implying some guy pressing some buttons to making something happen in some simulation is as impressive as somebody pulling off some feat of technical or physical prowess in an actual combat or combat sport situation.

high learning curve, boring single player, boring to watch, not a lot of innovation
they're fun to play when you have friends over, and that's kinda it

Fighting game enthusiasts are either retarded or black, so naturally their hobby will die.

FGC salt moments come sparingly but each moment is so varied that it makes them all wonderful memories that stick with you
youtu.be/zGddWeCR4LA?t=915

Fighting game players are like those guys who play tons of dating simulators, except more pathetic because dating sim players have the dignity to not pretend they "got game"

forgot to reply

Not really because the fundamental experience of a fighting game is completely unrelated to the experience of martial arts.

That have nothing to do with each other in terms of content.

Nice argument bro

>boring to watch
t.plebian
youtube.com/watch?v=cMz23Md1GhU

Wrong. There is hardly any game where there is simply one meta build - there are many. And these builds are better and worse against each other. And as the game doesn't require much learning, the one with a counter build wins.

You clearly know nothing about one of those two subjects. Excluding physical motions, the mind games, prediction, and the like are just as important.

>Physical Motions, mindgames, predicition
By these vague ass terms, you can say Quake gives you the same experience as boxing.

I doubt you know anything about boxing lardo.

Equivalent to yours. Takes one to counter one.

chimpouts are fun, but I don't consider them a part of gameplay

well those things suck. cinematic games that are closer to reality are more appealing and that's why they're popular, because no matter how much you try to escape from reality, you feel empty in the end regardless. might as well play a game or watch a movie that actually has something to do with our lives.

Sky should seriously get aids and die.
Made smash 4 Genesis crews unwatchable. And then he's like mmuh discwimination. Poor d1.

meant for

>high level player
>spams fireball

They're more appealing only because they're more cinematic you fucking ding dong. Those movie games are just as unrealistic as any other video game.

b/c fighting games when full retard 3D and are boring slow now.

For the same reason most people don't play instruments.

truuuu

>spam
t.plebian who doesn't understand pressure and spacing

Where has this happened ever?

It requires you to learn fundamentals, combos, setups and then get your shit kicked in for countless hours until you start winning, and people love their instant gratification.

Dude, that hasn't been the came since like SFA3 with Akuma.

Its been well over a decade man, let it go and come up with better "reasons"

I think he's referring to smashbabbies and their love of rules that keep their top players the same like whining about pools or begging for VIP rooms

You realize if I jump over one in your face you're literally losing half your life, right?

What we all can safely agree about is that FGC is the worst community in gaming history. There is not a single proper human being in the entire competitive scene.

All top tier players: McDonald's workers, uneducated, immature (as displayed in that Gllty video someone posted here), plain dumb outcasts of modern society. Basically all people who have had nothing else to do in life have climbed to the top in their scene, people who have simply bothered. And as inside they secretly feel regret and anger for their wasted existence, they spend their days who is the best player and who is the idiot. It's fucking cringeworthy.

Sure thing.

Honestly, you're terrible.
Just terrible.
Your taste in everything is awful, you're the kind of person that makes Cred Forums worse.

I do hope whoever made this little vid wasn't trying to prove anything.

>It's so strange having grown ass men playing Nintendo characters and making tiers with them.
You're of low intelligence

Is this what passes for banter on your board Cred Forums?

>What we all can safely agree about is that FGC is the worst community in gaming history

No that honor goes to the DOTA/LOL/Overwatch community.

>I can not build an opinion so I just list up the most played games to make my point xDD

Bad online play and the communities are ratchet as FUCK.

I dont understand army games. You can join the army in real life, gets you in shape, earns you money. At least then the banter and machismoism would make sense,

>FGC
youtube.com/watch?v=77SfC-gmK9o

He's right though, except maybe not about Overwatch. The LoL/Dota communities are the top trash in vidya, nothing comes even close. You can't go any lower than this.

>"that was-- my controllerrrr...", being a bit of an autist but still being the good guy
>"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT"
Fuck that guy

It's not an opinion, it's a fucking fact the communities for moba games and OW are 1000x more cancerous than even the Smash community let alone FGC could ever hope to be.

THIS

At least FGC players are more serious, I suppose.

but smashs community is like 20 people and some drifters competing for pizza at their mothers basement.

>I can not build an opinion so I shitpost in greentext and add xDD randomly to make my point

>KayoPolice

since when has smash banned mirror matches?

shit is repetitive as fuck and only autists and niggers play them. fan-base is just as cancerous as any assfaggots as well.

>video games have to have real world applications
do you only play simulators or something
what a retard

the fuck is that mini bat-butterfly?

A moth doll

lmgtfy.com/?q=videogames real world applications

t. mad cuz bad

the community has always been blacked/full of minorities

>why are people so emotional

I don't know, maybe they aren't autistic robots?

i know it has probably been said but

>not a team game, can't blame your teammates for losses
>no rng to blame your losses on
>actually takes mechanical skill and execution to do well

button mashing still gets you far though

You don't need to read to play Smash or Lol, but a ton of blacks play them.

>people saying lol's community
>go to lolg
"how do I do X"
>"focus on doing Y, X is superfluous, and doing Y instead will help you do X in the long run"

>go to fgg
"How do I do X"
>Kys
>Git gud

Too many black people at tournaments, so white people don't want to go. Turned into a non-white genre, and white people buy more games.

In fighting games you have to get used to figuring shit out on your own instead of relying on others.

Then what's the point of having a general?

that doesn't explain why you think every game needs one

>competitive arena shooters like Quake or UT are dead
>RTS games are dead, too
>CoD and mobas are the go-to competitive games
>only fighting games are left, but they remain a side note in today's industry

thats marvel

Carl pls.

youtube.com/watch?v=HTB7k1tVujA

>go to fgg
>"lol how do I win"
>Kys
>Git gud

ftfy

Actively engaging fights for nothing is stupid but sometimes fighting is the better option obviously.

There are dozens of resources you can look up online and communities outside of Cred Forums are usually helpful, unless you act like a faggot.

isn't the future of gaming looking brighter everyday?

>he lives in an upper-middle class area
>he never steps out of his house

People will try and fight you for literally no reason here in Florida. I know that's not saying much because it's Florida but I know it happens at other places too.

Fuck you, fighter faggot, the flight/combat genre is practically dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=6y9iJDFDh7w

to circlejerk on how much they hate smash

Like most other generals, to breed cancer in a semi-organized environment.

>no more Wing Commander games
>no more X-Wing/Tie-Fighter games

Skill based and you can't blame teammates or artificial difficulty when you get your ass kicked. Gaming attracts too much losers nowadays, it used to be activities for mostly nerds and hardcore gamers. Nowadays the avg gamer is prolly some 9 yr old, or the high school dropout and the devs have to cater to these guys or sales will be lower.

>communities outside of Cred Forums
Back 2 reddit

Filled with minorities and is elitist

i'll go to reddit to learn then come here to shitpost and you cant stop me

>I bet you're Australian
Fuck off, you yank faggot. Aussies fight way more than you pussy Americans. Every time you people get a hard look you go scurrying for your guns like the fat little bitches you are.

Because most "gamers" don't possess the BBC gene.

But the inputs have an inherent bearing in use and playstyle. A Hadouken is quick and easy to do but forces you to come out of guard for a split second and leaves you open for a while after. Meanwhile, Sonic Booms need to be more deliberate and can't be dialed in quite as easily, but are much safer not only in frame data but also in that they don't really require you to come out of guard. The difference between Shoryuken and Flash Kick is basically the same, but more so.

Commands are "complex" (that is, have a couple of directional inputs rather than just one) because there is a reason for them to be that way. They're not even difficult at all to do for anyone that isn't literally braindead; if I had no problem with the Hadouken and Shoryuken when I was playing Mega Man X as a 9-year-old, you have absolutely no excuse.

Because most nu-neo-nerds aren't confrontational enough to play fighting games.

>Requires a huge time investment to become even remotely decent
>populated by manchildren
>literal sausage fest
>forced to play the same game for years
>everything you worked on becomes immediatly outdated once the next big fighter gets released
>if you don't like the sequel you're forced to play it if you want to keep your edge competitivly
>the current line up of games is terrible from a normie's perspective
i wonder why

>confrontational
That explain why the scene looks like a coal mine.

Inaccessibility, and not because of the mechanics of the games but because you have to front $100+ to really get to experience the genre correctly. Arcades used to bridge this gap by making the initial learning and feeling the game out period a fun, cheap, social experience.
Before I got into fighting games my main gripe was that the movement felt so binary and restrictive compared to other games I enjoyed like fps. But after giving them a real go it hasn't bothered me since I now I can really appreciate good fighting game movement like any other genre

>8 buttons
>most fighting games have 4-6 normal moves
>2 - 6 command normals
>2 - 8 specials
>1 - 4 supers

Oh enlightened one, how do you propose we change the fucking inputs then?

>Requires a huge time investment to become even remotely decent
like every competitive game
>populated by manchildren
>literal sausage fest
>forced to play the same game for years
Just like MOBAs and CSGO
>everything you worked on becomes immediatly outdated once the next big fighter gets released
not every person jumps to the newest game
>if you don't like the sequel you're forced to play it if you want to keep your edge competitivly
look at melee

You could have made the exact same post in reference to every single genre of competitive games, try again

same
I don't particularly hate Leffen but seing his soul crushed is so good

I just recently got into KI and I'm having so much fun learning
The lingering fear of never being able to get to the level of the early adopters fucks me a little but I have kept going

Because people want to win and be done with something. Play any single player game and you'll most likely be able to win with some time and critical thinking. Play a multiplayer game with friends and you might win or make progress to a final goal. With Fighting games, you're never done. There's going to be someone above you and below you in skill and performance, always. Your play can be measured and critiqued, and you can only make huge strides in skill with hard practice, experience, and or ingenuity. Casual and professional/amateur fighting game players can't have a meaningful experience with one another unless rules are set or handicaps are applied. Some people want to get better and will work for years while some just wanted to play what they know as a fighting game.

Demanding button learning curve for a genre that in practice should be relatively simple in application. Traditional fighters are a contradiction unto themselves, this is why the Smash kids games are so popular and have stayed popular regardless of how mad stream monsters and /fgg/ noskill shitters get at them. The games are simple to get into with a high skill ceiling (just 64 melee and that fanmod. From what I'm told, and what I learned SSB3 and 4 are really simplified)

While yes it is satisfying when you execute properly, and while its fun to have a noncasual centric box for us to push out nonskilled "gamers", you gotta understand that it's toxic to itself and eventually its goin to collapse. For gods sake look whats happening to fucking SF5, Capcoms already shitting themselves and giving up because ppl learned from the last game.

Seriously though, I go out out of my way to use Smash bros as an example because their games are honestly deep with the simple controls. It's stupid that we're still confining ourself to these inputs just to have a "HAHA I can do it and you cant" preschool mentality. It's pointless..

Shitposting and memes about not a fighter incoming, if you actually take the time and learn the good games in their series you'll see how far it actually goes. They have an absurdly high ceiling because they're not held back by the input we have.

>be black
>be gay
>get a free pass at life despite having no talent whatsoever
How did this even happen?

This.
Also for how much black people play these games there are very few black top players.