Just started playing this game, loving it so far

Just started playing this game, loving it so far.
what did Cred Forums think?
what class/race did you pick? did you have fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9867
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

acording to Cred Forums and rpg codex: worst game ever

but its so good, I'm having a lot a lot of fun!

I was very disappointed. I was really hyped for it to be the next BG as promised, but instead the whole time I was playing it I just wanted to go play BG again instead.

>what class/race did you pick? did you have fun?
ranger ciper elf glass cannon is my cup of tea
I managed to do tremendous damage while playing on potd and some of his powers are really fun to use

1st character was a human cipher and abused the shit out of all the OP per encounter spells
2nd character was a Fire Godlike Monk with speed buff gear that let me punch twice and run away each turn

Sharkman monk. I enjoyed the game but I never really got invested in the universe. I'll be excited for future Obsidian games in this style but a different setting.

>acording to rpg codex: worst game ever
>implying
It's "painfully medicore" according to codex.

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9867
Pretty accurate.

It was alright. Not enough to justify my $180, but then I only have myself to blame.

>fun
you're not actually having fun, you're just fooling yourself into having fake fun

>I was really hyped for it to be the next BG as promised
but bg was very simplistic game without any strategy
plus the only fun way to play bg is to play as mage aka immortal god while the rest of the classes are mostly boring and not fun to play
I don't get the praise, autism? nostalgia? both?

Codex calls it mediocre, but you know what else is mediocre? Dragon Age. And that didn't stop them rating it one of the best RPGs of all time.

>rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9867
>worst obsidian game
yeah right

>but then I only have myself to blame.
>blaming yourself for saving the crpg genre
user pls

Alpha Protocol is infinitely worse. No matter how much the codex loves to fellate it for its C&C. Alpha Protocol is a miserable game to play.

>did you have fun?

Not even once. I still remember my damaged brain tell me 'it will be good after X hours"

Never happened.

nwn 2 vanilla is ten times worse than poe

>linking Darth Roxor's review as evidence for anything
>the same Darth Roxor who found Underrail so bad he doesn't even consider it worthy of his time to review

If you want to know what it's like when he utterly trashes a game read his Arcania review. The fact that he spent so much time on giving in-depth analysis on PoE actually speaks quite well for the game.

I spent the first half of the game reading everything and then I just skipped everything went out of character the whole time just to make it end. It is boring. Classes are boring. Loot is boring. Gameplay is boring.

You are such a cool contrarian, I want to be just like you when I grow up.

I don't agree with that, but I agree that the game is painfully medicore.

Obsidian/Black Isle always blamed the publishers/time constraints for their fuck ups. No excuse this time.

Yeah, well, want to buy my CE? It's worth every single cent, I promise.

Got stuck with no visible way to progress
>game leads you to some kind of ruins
>wisps literally everywhere
>cannot go around them
>they're insanely strong to the point of fighting being a guaranteed loss

>>the same Darth Roxor who found Underrail so bad he doesn't even consider it worthy of his time to review
Wtf I hate Darth Roxor now.

Source? I don't visit rpg codex very often.

I think he's just a fucking edgy troll like the most of the codex posters

>Obsidian/Black Isle always blamed the publishers/time constraints for their fuck ups.

Seriously, it's amazing to me how people still buy this shit after almost 20 years. Broken game after broken game after broken game.

Edited my stats and character pic, got a yellow leather armor with a red cape and roleplayed as Saitama
Kind of fun

>If you want to know what it's like when he utterly trashes a game read his Arcania review.
I didn't read his review but Arcania is such a pile of steaming dogshit that it deserves every bit of thrashing it can get.

Underrail is extremely good though.

I don't have an account there so I can't use the search. It was somewhere in the main Underrail release thread, around pages 100~150 or so. He concluded it was MMO trash and dropped it. Never even bothered with serious criticism.

I like his reviews a lot though so I don't particularly give a fuck.

thank you jaded one, your tryhard level is truly remarkable

>Broken game after broken game after broken game.
was stick of the truth broken in any way?

If a good game to show the progress of obsidian.

>bg is 15 years old
>obsidian veteran devs didnt learn anything at all in all these years

sensuki?
You did a good job, I hope you will like poe 2

solid 7/10 tbqhwyf.

>He concluded it was MMO trash and dropped it
Funny, to me PoE combat feels a lot like MMO.

Underrail on the other hand doesn't feel anything like it. Sounds like he is butthurt about the trading system.

Sorry mate, user for life.
To be fair, I wouldn't sell it. While the box is quite nice, the map is so incredibly low quality that I would be ashamed of myself if I scammed someone out of his money for it.

Nah, it shall sit on my shelf and be my eternal reminder to never give in to hype soon to be joined by Numanuma.

I liked it. I got I think around half way through the game and just stopped randomly though.

It's good, but not great.

I was having fun before it was deleted on my GOG account because i bought it from G2A

Basically it's just because Roxor prefers even per rest abilities to cooldowns.

You might hate his style and disagree with his opinions (I often do too), but the guy is legit.

it was alright. its just hard to take in all the lore as fast as the game wants you too but its pretty great story once you get the hang of it.

the gameplay was your typical CRPG.

my dick rouge

MotB and SoZ make it amazing, however.

I like it, I think however it would be nice to allow paladins to choose a god

Read it. That review is literally the only enjoyment you'll ever get out of Arcania.

>Numanuma
for the sake of both of us let's let's hope that you're wrong
regarding recent fargo decisions i'm still enthusiastic about it
4 years of development, good people did the writing, mark morgan music, pre-rendered backgrounds
the alpha was also alright

I played as a cis human male hunter with a wolf pet. It was fun enough, but like all other CRRPs the magic using classes seem to be most fun (and broken).

pretty good
I think it was the best cRPG of the initial kickstarter wave.
White March is GOAT btw. It goes almost into morrowind territory in terms of story craziness and gives you a whole new perspective on the gods.

That my friend is what is known as an exception.

Unless you want to consider quitting on game mechanics half through the game broken.

poe wasn't that bugged either, especially compared to games like vtmb or arcanum

Didn't play the alpha, for the most part I'm staying away from any but the most basic info on the game. I don't want myself to have any expectations before going in, aside from expecting the worst.

As for Fargo, the game will not sell on consoles. How he doesn't realize this is beyond me, but some people never change I suppose. I'm quite disappointed about Saunders leaving however, and I never really liked most of the writers they brought in to begin with.

Well, at least this game will give me a hardcover artbook. That should be nice.

Alpha Protocol gets a lot excused because it's something different.
PoE on the other hand is yet another fantasy rpg, which makes it harder for it to present itself.

>autismo sawyerino forgot to add a stat that boosted hit rate
>replaces perception's deflection rate with accuracy
>it's only +1 each point
>the base dice is fucking d100
Fucking incompetent

don't you insult Josh Sawyer ever again!
He's beautiful and perfect

For some reason Cred Forums decided to hate this game, probably because mumble mumble sjws or some bullshit

I loved it. First time was a human pally, gonna replay it soon and prob be a godlike cipher for full special snowflake

the combat in this game is straight up garbage. the loot in this game is straight up garbage and is the fucking source of the huge ass load times later in the game. there is no xp gain for combat and even after the patches there are still way too many encounters. I decided to play the game on story mode just so I didn't have to deal with the disgustingly horrible combat and it still made me quit the game.

>the combat in this game is straight up garbage
Generally true, I liked it only because guns were pretty cool and realistic (great damage, long reloads, great for opening volleys, great burst damage if you equip multiple guns and shoot all of them)

> the loot in this game is straight up garbage and is the fucking source of the huge ass load times later in the game
Definetly true, itemization fucking sucks and even soulbound weapons in White March didn't fix that.

>there is no xp gain for combat and even after the patches there are still way too many encounters.
There is xp gain for combat, but it's limited and it's way too low. Good idea, poor implementation.