Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary

Final Fantasy (one of the most iconic vidya franchises) is turning 30 years old. Can we have a comfy Final Fantasy thread to celebrate it?

youtu.be/e3XGWhvyelA

>Favorite FF Game

>Favorite OST

>Are you looking forward to Dissidia PS4, XV and VII Remake?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YPEzumonJv4
youtube.com/watch?v=Zfd9krEsr-k
youtube.com/watch?v=De2yLOOs4pE
youtube.com/watch?v=MVTXZruqP2w
youtube.com/watch?v=epBRiq-BK5c
youtube.com/watch?v=AbWvorOS7U0
store.steampowered.com/app/39140/
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7EVCuK7ZqM
youtube.com/watch?v=NoQ48HIR-x0
youtube.com/watch?v=8JPfQb549Eo
youtube.com/watch?v=PxtIXjtV6qw
youtube.com/watch?v=D2-bWotLKqo
youtube.com/watch?v=EBm4MOdkCiI&index=24
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminous_Studio
playstationlifestyle.net/2010/03/21/ffxiii-director-wants-to-make-final-fantasy-vii-remake/
youtu.be/qVZBHTN_ZuU
youtube.com/watch?v=fY3e4a5EwmU
youtube.com/watch?v=VsZgc0uTYU4
youtube.com/watch?v=LRKU5iW89NQ&t=4m48s
youtube.com/watch?v=BfL5o1EaJ1o&index=2&list=PLx1aYneGQyQ-twifVJ3tMMYcOFnhFTDo0
youtube.com/watch?v=Rfb3hYdqwIw
youtube.com/watch?v=iesY1XssACM
youtube.com/watch?v=kzrmwcSizIY
youtube.com/watch?v=zc3_8BszRHM&t=6m22s
youtube.com/watch?v=RVkcmx2l3WA
youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o
youtube.com/watch?v=giI1sYmGOBk
youtube.com/watch?v=s9MGnYkh3bE
youtube.com/watch?v=sJlga0yRUeE
youtube.com/watch?v=J7Q7OXR6bhk
youtube.com/watch?v=9PRU2-uzg7g
youtube.com/watch?v=UMvHTlWyxH0
youtube.com/watch?v=3jho-peCAKs
youtube.com/watch?v=oxZlJGtFGcw
youtube.com/watch?v=kHw2V0C-D-o
youtube.com/watch?v=o0uqhC29MOw
youtube.com/watch?v=D7J_8IB5i6k
youtube.com/watch?v=NnvZ6Dqv7Ws
youtube.com/watch?v=nFN0091wRww
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQa2_d6YgY
youtube.com/watch?v=P5V2vQE2Pss
youtube.com/watch?v=P5WdHa4IpCw&list=PL3E7F37EFE9C06C27&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=bkg95LqqkZ0&index=24&list=PL3E7F37EFE9C06C27
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Theme_of_Love
youtube.com/watch?v=foPmm6jLeGk
strawpoll.me/11248812
youtube.com/watch?v=GJZeucmtURQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cQruNODIjvA
youtube.com/watch?v=aC63WHC7SQs
youtube.com/watch?v=IzQikBYRLUY
youtube.com/watch?v=4TGe6PC-Tk4
youtube.com/watch?v=88viaYPNMwc
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1x_udEq5YM
youtube.com/watch?v=W7RPY-oiDAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lc6AguFMnoo&list=PL4D1A3C43B286ADFA&index=8
youtu.be/ByrG_YEJs1s
youtu.be/aBtuy0ug5h0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Final Fantasy has now been shit for a third of its life

The Lightning Saga was kinda underwhelming yeah but i don't think that the games were so bad as some people claim.

>6
>8
>cautiously

Small whiney vocal minority.

I still get chills listening to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zfd9krEsr-k

At least Wada's gone now.

IX

Tictacs

I just want FFXII The Zodiac Age on PC (I want to believe)

The third one was good, the second one was ok, but the first one was just bad.

>Tactics, VII
>XV
>XV and Remake

Yes they were fucking bad. Especially first one.

V
IV
XV

>Doesn't mention World of Final Fantasy

I'm excited for that one, It'll be a day 1 buy.

The first one was pretty mediocre, yes. But i don't think it was terrible.

Tactics was the best FF.

>Favorite FF Game
FFXI
>Favorite OST
FFXI
No. Yes. Yes

>Favorite FF Game
XI
>Favorite OST
IX
>Are you looking forward to
>Dissidia PS4
Not really. Would rather a PC port of Dissidia 012 so the modding community could go nuts with it.
>XV and VII Remake
Yeah.

What does Cred Forums think about Heavensward?

MMOs are shit even if they're got the FF name on them.

Great OST and world design, but i don't really like MMOs too much. I always feel like i'm forced to play them because of the subscription

>Favorite FF Game
>Favorite OST
Looking forward to all except XV

Apparently, it's saving MMO's.

Just download FFXII IZJS and apply english patch. Thats literally what zodiac age is.

youtube.com/watch?v=De2yLOOs4pE

I miss that game so much.

I think it is time for me to finally get started with this series. I think I will start with the the FF1 remake for PSP.

How long does it take to beat it?

It's actually pretty short. Be warned, it's old school in all the best and worse. Don't expect any hand-holding.

>IX
>VIII
I am for Dissidia, loved it on the psp, FFXV not so much and FFVII has to be handled the correct way and most likely wont be nearly as good as the original.

Dragon Quest was here.
Final Fantasy is a loser.

>DQ

People outside Japan don't give a damn fuck about it.

I worship Goddess Lightning!

Me too senpaichi. Me too. No game will ever fill the void left by old school FFXI.

I have nothing against FFXIV, if anything it's cool to see some people loving it and having a grand time of it, but it's no FFXI, it doesn't scratch the same itch, and I don't have my place within this game.

What I've seen of latest updates only confirms that.

I liked it, but my fc died and a IRL friend, who got me into the game in the first playe stopped playing, I then played basically alone for a long time, but got eventually tired of grinding out tomes, I wish they wouldn't limit them, but I understand why they do it, first they have to jew that monthly subscription out of you and autists in this game would probably want everyone to have a full set after one day for the simplest instances even tough it's not even remotely necessary.

Favorite is FFVII, I know I'm a pleb.

Favorite OST would be IX.

Not looking forward to any of the new games. The last one I enjoyed was X. I played the demo for XV and it wasn't bad but I don't think it's worth $60 at launch.

I always see everyone talking wonders about this game.

Wish I played it too.

I think you should better play the GBA versions of FF1 and FFII

Why is Promyvion so comfy bros?
youtube.com/watch?v=MVTXZruqP2w

Really good MMO. I'm excited for patch 3.4, The Creator and Sophia look a lot of fun.

CoP had GOAT music.
youtube.com/watch?v=epBRiq-BK5c

To be honest you're better off not knowing this feel. FFXI is now a shit show and no MMO will ever be made like it again cause now everyone (including Square) make WoWclones.

Always loved the mood of promies. Cool, calm and collected nightmare. Beautiful art direction brilliantly making use of very sparse base material.

And then of course, managing to beat them for the first time, the exhilaration, the shared happiness with friends, and then Lufaise Meadows as that horizon of things yet to come.

It was a brilliant set up.

>Favourite FF Game
VII. It was the first I ever played when I was 7 so it'll always be nearest and dearest.
>Favourite OST
Aw shit nigga, how the hell am I supposed top decide?
Fuck it, I'm going comfy
youtube.com/watch?v=AbWvorOS7U0
>Are you looking forward to Dissidia PS4
It looks like they've butchered the EX system so not really. Graphically it looks cool and the roster as potential but I get the feeling it's just going to be gutted.
>XV
Can't say I've paid much attention to it
>VII Remake
I don't get it. I really don't.

Why don't Square Enix just make 2 versions - one with all the updates and changes and expanded lore they could want to include and one that's just a straight remaster?
Then you'd please the wants and want-nots.

Does the audio glitch out when you emulate IZJS too? I hate when that happens on FFXII.

>ywn experience FFXI
I wonder how good it was, if the OST and atmosphere is anything to go by, it must had been godlike...

>Why don't Square Enix just make 2 versions - one with all the updates and changes and expanded lore they could want to include and one that's just a straight remaster?

Erm, they did?

store.steampowered.com/app/39140/

>I wonder how good it was
If you like games with a steep learning curve and a surprising amount of depth to the mechanics you probably would have enjoyed it. The game had a STRONG emphasis on community and teamwork. For nearly everything you needed a group of people to do. The only real exception to that was if you played Beastmaster. Then you could do a decent amount of stuff solo.

>IX
>IX
>Yes, kind of, not really.

>Favorite FF Game
VII
>Favorite OST
VII
Never played a Dissidia game, XV could be comfy and not looking forward to Nomura butchering one of my favorite games

>Does the audio glitch out when you emulate IZJS too?
yes, that's because the original file iso is compressed.

Oh, and sorry OP, didn't answer your questions.

>Favorite FF Game

Discounting XI/XIV for obvious reasons, I'd probably go with XII. Tough choice though. But if I have to be honest, it's the one I spent most time with, and I didn't regret a minute.

>Favorite OST
FFVI. Uematsu at his peak. Great sound font from the Square sound engineers (those guys don't get the respect they deserve, Kikuta's work on Secret of Mana wouldn't be the same without their input; same goes for Mitsuda and Chrono)

XV not really. I didn't like XII something fierce - everything I didn't like a bout X magnified - and XV give mes a very bad vibe so far. Will definitely check it, not looking forward to it.

VII Remake, I don't see the point, the game is still there, I played less than six months ago, I'm perfectly satisfied with it.

Dissidia, we'll see. I'm conflicted about that series. Some cool ideas stretched too thin I tend to think.

>It's actually pretty short.
That's good. I can't afford putting all my time in just one game.

Why?

>VI, VII, IX, X and Tactics are all 9/10's at least
>VIII completely breaks what would be the greatest quality streak a franchise has had
>Everything after X changed things so dramatically it might as well be a different franchise
>Even if FFVII Remake ends up being trash, seeing those environments in 3d has me sold and that disgusts me
>Anxious Heart is the GOAT Uematsu track
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7EVCuK7ZqM

>Favorite FF Game
Ivalice Game
>Favorite OST
Ivalice OST
I don't have a PS4. Maybe i will get a pro one for XV, XII Remaster, VIIR, World of FF and Kingdom heart 3.

I'm running through them now for Shadows of the Departed (came back to the game to finish up everything I never did back in the day), and it's a nostalgia bomb.
Remembering how even clearing out Memory Receptacles to get to the next island could be dangerous if you were running with inexperienced players, and how scary the bigger mobs like Gorgers and Thinkers were back when I first did them.

>9
>11
>yes, somewhat, and not at at all
am also looking forward to 12 remaster

It's sad Konami wouldn't do it for Metal Gear next year

>FF5 remake never

I remember clearing those before the first nerf... no wiki, just you ohter and crazy ass players throwing themselves at the wall until it finally gave in.

Crazy the amount of time and preparation, the scheduling, the experimenting... and yeah, all that was so scary too.

youtube.com/watch?v=NoQ48HIR-x0

What went right?
youtube.com/watch?v=8JPfQb549Eo

No no no no no, that's uh, that's....that's not what I meant.

What I mean is, they're remaking and updating VII right? New graphics, story changes, VA's and all that.
So, do it twice but only update one

I mean, uh........
Okay, so you know the "This guy are sick" line right? One version actually has that recorded, the other one fixed.

Am I making sense here?

steam version actually has that line fixed lol

>Favorite gane
IX
>Favorite OST
Either IV or VIII
>Looking forward to
Cautiously hopeful. I always liked the Dissidia games and am really excited for one to have more accessible multiplayer. I liked the story too so I hope the console version has one of similar calibur.

FFXV doesn't look nearly as bad as some Cred Forums posters think. I think it'll be good but not great.

VII Remake has like a million things that could go wrong with it so I need to see more first, but I think, KH's stupid story aside, Nomura is pretty competent as a director and is one of the bettee choices for the job with how much he clearly cares about VII.

I wanna say my favorite final fantasy game is XIV just because I invested 1000+ hours in the game and I absolutely love it.

>Favorite FF game
VIII
>Favorite OST
Probably XIII honestly I also just like XIII in general.
>Are you looking forward to Dissidia PS4, XV, and VII remake
Dissidia and XV yeah, VIIR, I don't know. I'm not a big fan of VII.

Shit, mean to unspoiler. My bad.

>Favorite FF Game
IX
>Favorite OST
VIII
I'm hyped for Dissidia and XV, cautiously optimistic for VII Remake.

When people talk about how fanboyism is cringey, just look at all the people saying "FF has been shit for XX years". Especially the crappers shitting on XV. Cringey fanboys whining at how their series didn't keep the same copy and pasted mechanics.

I liked the XIII trilogy but it eat up way too much fucking time on SE's part.

They should have done one and moved onto the next mainline FF right away or made it its own series in the first place and kept working on FF alongside them.

As someone that started with FFI on the nes, payed all of them till XIV, and still put XII as favorite in this thread, I have to say, you might want to consider it's not necessarily fear of change as much as not liking the new directions taken.

And I think quite clearly, there's been a divide between studios and people working at Square/SE. I find most post VI Kitase-led games to be somewhat disappointing. XIII was a mess. So, while I would not agree with a blanket statement claiming that FF as a brand has been shit for a while, I do think it's been in a worrying state for a long while now.

Reminder that during the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy, we got:

>PSP port of Final Fantasy Origins
>PSP remaster of Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
>Final Fantasy IV DS remake
>Final Fantasy XII: International Version
>Dissidia Final Fantasy

What are your expectations for the 30th anniversary next year?

We're already getting an american release of FF12:IV. I'm expecting an announcement of Dissidia coming to PS4 finally but I'm also expecting Final Fantasy XVI announcement, the 30th anniversary trailer seemed to allude to that, or maybe its just me being hopeful.

S O P H I A

L
O
N
D
O
N

>What are your expectations for the 30th anniversary next year?
A fucking decent remake of 5 and 6.
Those are the only ones missing from my collectiion.

Would be surprised if they announce XVI

What is Motomu Torriyama doing?

I am expecting several concert tours around the world, XII HD Remaster, VII Remake for early 2017, mobile games, etc

>VII Remake for early 2017
LOL

youtube.com/watch?v=PxtIXjtV6qw

7R will most likely be early 2018 maybe late 2017
It won't release anywhere near XV

>a third
14 years is closer to half

>Favorite FF
Maybe 5. It's one of the FF games I liked most.

>OST
Not sure.

Dissidia yes. The rest? Maybe.

Oh fug, i mean, VII Remake for December 2017

It seems pretty likely that the first part of the VII Remake will come out in 2017, since it also doubles as VII's 20th anniversary.

I dunno about other straight remixes, but I would expect a "collection" of older FF games ported to current gen consoles or something.

>Final Fantasy IX
>Final Fantasy IV
>None
I haven't really enjoyed or finished a single one since 10. I haven't even touched the 13 games because I'm way past caring about FF any more.
Lost Odyssey was the last good FF game. Fight me.[/spolier]

>Favorite FF Game
if i really have to pick one, then it's VII
>Favorite OST
Impossible to pick one from VII, VIII, IX and X
oh yes, all of those AND World of FF as well. a remake of VII would be reason to delay suicide if i was seriously contemplating it

That game needs a PC port so bad.

Toriyama's team is most likely in charge of XVI.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FFXII HD when?

>Motomu_Toriyama
>Final Fantasy XIII
>Final Fantasy XIII-2
>Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Fuck no

No they weren't.

youtube.com/watch?v=D2-bWotLKqo

Final Fantasy XVI announcement in 2017

What are the chance it's an ivalice alliance game or Agni's philosophy?

I really enjoyed playing the 20th anniversary version of the first game on the PSP. I'll always love the world theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=EBm4MOdkCiI&index=24

Ivalice team will forever be stuck working on XIV so none, Agni's Philosophy was just a tech demo and they ditched Luminous for UE4 so none either.

> they ditched Luminous for UE4
source

FF2 Main Theme is better but the game is shit

The best versions of FF1 are probably the PS1 and PSP, the former because it maintains the core mechanics and the latter because it has the most content overall. FF1 GBA is very slightly tougher, but I see no reason to consider it when it's lacking an entire massive dungeon. It does have the Mod of Balance, but that's not really a first-time playthrough kind of thing.

KH3, they could still stick with it for mainline FF games though.

>they ditched Luminous for UE4 so none either.
FUCK

Left is better.

So I started playing the first Final Fantasy on PSP (I normally don't play RPGs except Pokemon) and I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

The planet has gone to shit for some reason and only my crew and I can save it, we have crystals so we are destinied or something.

But wait, the king's daughter was kidnapped and I must save her or he won't rebuild the bridge.

I think she's in that spooky castle with zombies, I was there but I went back because my thief died. How can I revive him? Only with that expensive item that costs 500?

And should I have a strategy on how to fight? I just attack with everyone except my black magician, he used some fire magic until his magic counter or something went down and now he can't use it anymore.

It's not that they ditched Luminous for UE4, it's that the staff who created the engine are the only ones who know how to work with it, hence why it's not being used for KH3.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminous_Studio

Business Division 1
Mobius Final Fantasy - continuing updates & international version
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - Windows PC, iOS & Android ports - expected in the coming weeks
Final Fantasy VII - PS4 port expected in December
Motomu Toriyama's project - most likely FFVII Remake, if not it'll be announced in the next couple months
Final Fantasy VII Remake

Business Division 2
Final Fantasy Type-0 Online - releasing in 2016
Final Fantasy XV - releasing in 2016, DLC to follow
New IP - To begin full development once XV is done

Business Division 3
Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ - continuing updates & international version
World of Final Fantasy - releasing in 2016
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - releasing in 2016
SaGa Scarlet Grace - releasing in 2016
Kingdom Hearts III

Business Division 4
Updates for games like Record Keeper.
Dissidia Final Fantasy - arcade version releasing next month in Japan
Dissidia Final Fantasy - PS4 version expected in 2017

Business Division 5
Wrapping up FFXI right now
Final Fantasy Grandmasters updates & international version
Final Fantasy XI Mobile - coming in 2016
Final Fantasy XIV 4.0 - expected in 2017

Business Division 6
Continued updates for titles like Dragon Quest of the Stars
Dragon Quest Builders - releasing in 2016
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 - expected in 2016
Dragon Quest Heroes II - releasing in 2016
Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Scanner - releasing in 2016
Nier New Project
Dragon Quest XI - scheduled for 2016

Business Division 7
School of Ragnarok - continued updates
Lord of Vermilion Arena - in beta
Figure Heads - in beta
Star Ocean 2 - PS4 & PS Vita port - later this month in Japan
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness - releasing in 2016

Business Division 8
Game updates
Alice Order - expected before year's over

Business Division 9
Continued game updates & international versions
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - in beta

Business Division 10
Final Fantasy Adventure - 3D remake - releasing in coming months

Business Divisions 11 & 12 are web browser-focused

I hope it's a remake of 1 in the vein of KH

FF1 is extremely light on story. You revive characters with phoenix down, revival magic, or go to a church, but they become pretty irrelevant early on.

As for fighting, conserve MP until you have enough ethers to ignore it, and most status spells are worthless. Also, your order determines who gets hit the most, so keep your mages at the bottom. The rest is basic RPG shit.

Yoshi-P's dev studio is rumored to be working on a AAA game.

>Motomu Toriyama's project - most likely FFVII Remake

You're a retard. They were simply not well designed games. The combat system was not only shallow, but intuitive which is an incredible blunder, and almost impressive.

Pacing was literally the worst in any FF since 2.

Characters were waifu and fap bait, with no real internal conflict or depth. You couldn't see it past your acorn dick.

>Favorite FF Game
FF7
>Favorite OST
FFXI by a long shot
VII remake I'll wait and see how much they cut, because I have a feeling it's gonna be a ton. The other two I don't really care too much about.

They hayday of FF is long gone, but that doesn't mean we can't emulate the good ones and enjoy ourselves? When was the last time anyone played FF1? I played it last fall and it's still good.

Yeah they were. They are the worst FFs excluding 2.

2 < 13 < 13-2 < 13LR < 8 < X < 9 < 7 < 2D FFs

>kotaku
make a pastebin or kill yourself.
either way please fuck off.

playstationlifestyle.net/2010/03/21/ffxiii-director-wants-to-make-final-fantasy-vii-remake/
>“If we had the manpower and the time to work on a project, if we were to remake Final Fantasy VII with the quality of Final Fantasy XIII it would become a tremendous project. If we can get the number of people we need by all means that would be the one I would really want to remake.”

>if we were to remake Final Fantasy VII with the quality of Final Fantasy XIII
If it's anything like the XIII series it's time to give up hope now.

That was from years ago so not to worry.

FFV and FFVI proper remake when?

Who ever thought those GameMaker sprites were a good idea needs to get BLACKED.

How about making new game instead?

How about you continue jerking off to your sister's panties, you degenerate cuck?

Hey, 15 games in 30 years ain't bad. And I like how they coincide the release of 7R so it'll take place on its 20th anniversary and made sure to push 15 out in 2016 to not steal its thunder.

Honestly, it has a better story than most final fantasy games. Like seriously shit

>Favorite FF Game
Final Fantasy IV

>Favorite OST
Probably Final Fantasy VIII, XII or XIII

Looking forward to XV; I've been waiting for over ten years so I kind of have to be excited for it at this point even though it's likely to flop

What I'm really looking forward to though, is Agni's Philosophy. I remember SE doing a survey to see if people wanted it to become an actual game and now I'm clinging to that minuscule shred of hope

I want them to learn from their fucked up development of XV and make XVI the best it can be

>6
>6

Only dissidia

That's a pretty bold claim considering his REAL GOAT track is:
youtu.be/qVZBHTN_ZuU

>Favorite FF Game

11, 7, and 6

>Favorite OST

11, 8, and 12

yes, no, yes

FF11 has a god tier OST

youtube.com/watch?v=fY3e4a5EwmU

XI and XII were different to be sure, but they still felt like FF games.

XIII should have been a spin off, or a new SE IP entirely. God XIII was bad.

Do girls play Final Fantasy? If so, where do I find a white girl who plays FF?

t. Cute Asian guy who hates his own women and prefers white women

Saw Distant Worlds (live FF Concert) a few weeks ago. No matter what is going on with the series, the music always kicks ass.

>watched video

how the fuck did they get the ps1 trilogy done in almost a 3 year time span? those games were cosidered COD levels of popularity and budgets and now it takes for-goddamn-ever for a subpar one to come out.

Phoenix?

>Do girls play Final Fantasy?

Yes. Absolutely. Tons of pretty boys in FF. Girls like that shit.

>If so, where do I find a white girl who plays FF?

My white gf played FFVII. I tried to get her into FFX next but she got bored. Hasn't played a video game since. Still has fond memories of VII tho.

Because they spend 5 years of development time building the waifus so lightning fags will buy the collectors edition to hotglue.

Excellent taste.

Dallas.

>tfw I played flyff for years during my adolescence instead of ffxi
just kill me family

>Favorite FF Game

VI

>Favorite OST

VIII

Looking forward to WoFF (when it's under $30), and I'm hoping Dissidia PS4 actually happens. Might get XV, I don't know yet. It looks pretty meh. Don't have much faith in the 7 remake though. It looks like it's gonna be a clusterfuck especially when they confirmed compilation shit is being thrown in.

Kys

>not putting 3 between 2 and 13

VII for both game and OST.

Yes to all three, though more strongly for VIIR and XV. I have actually played Dissidia Arcade, but it had been so long since I played the PSP games that I couldn't really remember what the inputs were. Still fun though.

My buddy's gf is fairly into the early FF titles, but she's not played many of the later titles on account of never owning a PS1 or PS2. SHe's going through the main series chronologically just now, she just got to IV which happens to be her favourite.

It's interesting, i've never met a gamergirl in my country who likes FF games but i know some that are obsessed with KH/TWEWY.

That's what I'm doing. Beat V two days ago, gonna play VI for the first time.

Is she going to play The After Years or move straight to V?

God I love that music so much.

For me it is no stretch to say that Final Fantasy has consistently had the best music in gaming since its beginning.

Who is your FF waifu?

For me, it's Rinoa and Garnet.

Black Hair FF girls give me a crush for some reason

She's not mentioned actually, I'd lean towards no though. She'll need to be quick anyways, her original intention was to have them completed in time for XV launching.

>Tfw one of the few who unironically likes XIII and XIII-2, but hates LR
I don't like that there's barely a story in LR. And, I don't like the clock. Kills the game for me.

Then I made the right decision.

Dank you. I slowly understand more of the game.

What do girls who play FF look like? What is she out of ten? Is she nerdy or normal?

>And, I don't like the clock. Kills the game for me.

Funny, that's the thing i loved about the game, it reminded me a lot of Majora's Mask.

}

>6
>6
>Not really

6 is the only one I've actually finished. I need to pick 4, 5, and 9 back up...

Distant Worlds concerts are fun.

Here's Battle Medley I~XIV
youtube.com/watch?v=VsZgc0uTYU4

I never played Majora's Mask, just cause I really don't like Zelda. But, I've also played Persona 4, and I hated that too cause of the damn clock.

Yeah, Distant Worlds concerts are fun, I still remember when Uematsu appeared with a Luchador mask in Mexico.

She's cute, maybe not hot exactly, but endearingly normal looking. Personally I'd rate 7/10.

She's a hopeless fujoshi but she hides her power level extremely well in public.

>tfw there hasn't been a Distant Worlds in Austin
Why?

Tifa. No question.

Went to the London 2014 one. It was fucking excellent and it turned out I was sitting infront of Nobuo Uematsu himself (he decided to sneak into the main crowd to watch the show).

Shook the dudes hand. Was awesome. Im desperate for them to come back to the UK sometime soon. I have seen a lot of live music and it was by far my favourite live music experience.

I went to one back in 2012 when they were doing the anniversary tour, god it was fucking great. I still get chills thinking about Bombing Mission starting up.

Know how you feel mate. They've had one show in Scotland and haven't come back since, even if they only do a date in London this time I'd probably be down there like a shot.

Tifa. Yuffie is second.

That Battle Medley was awesome

My favourite one is their latest one.

youtube.com/watch?v=LRKU5iW89NQ&t=4m48s

>mfw Final Battle vs Seymour starts

Haha, that's great. I got to meet him last week in LA for the Piano Opera concert that was touring around. Uematsu completed my trifecta of having all the FF11 composers sign my book, and I got to add him to my FF14 development team box and FF7.

Final Symphony was in San Diego last month, and that was a good show as well.

Forgot my link to Final Symphony FF6 suite.

Toriyama should have been fired a long time ago for forcing his waifu onto the public and making a goddamn trilogy out of it.

what exactly is this supposed to be? It doesn't look any different

They had great OSTs but they weren't great games.

>tfw you only sub to FF14 for the story and Hildibrand

>Favorite FF Game
X
It definitely has it's flaws, that's for sure, but it's a game that I played at like the right moment in my life to really appreciate every bit of it. I love though characters, the world, the ost, the story, the sphere grid. I still think Sin is the coolest shit ever. Just thinking about living in this world with this huge, deadly sky whale that can cause a massive disaster at any moment is really intriguing to me.
>Favorite OST
I like them all, they all have their own unique sounds to them. It's between either X or VIII's OST for me.
Dissidia is fun but i'm not really that interested in it. XV not really, don't care for the characters or the boring looking world.
VII yes, if anything just to see parts of the game in a new way. Hopefully they don't fuck up the OST either like they did trying to remake FFX's in the HD version.

youtube.com/watch?v=BfL5o1EaJ1o&index=2&list=PLx1aYneGQyQ-twifVJ3tMMYcOFnhFTDo0

>Favorite FF
XII, fuck you

>Favorite OST
I really enjoyed FFIX's OST, its chocobo theme is comfy as fuck

Dissidia? no, never played any of the previous. FFXV yes, VII Remake maybe.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rfb3hYdqwIw [

>>Favorite FF Game
VII
>>Favorite OST
X
>>Are you looking forward to Dissidia PS4, XV and VII Remake?
Never cared about Dissidia, never will. I'm looking forward to how badly they will fuck up XV and the VII remake before I denounce them completely. The only things I'm looking forward to from Square are KH3 and WOFF, because I know they can't fuck those up (implying anyone gives a shit about KH3's story at this point)

I would shit in your mouth honestly. That's all you are good for.

>Valkyrie Profile mobile game instead of a Console one
Time to end it.

youtube.com/watch?v=iesY1XssACM
youtube.com/watch?v=kzrmwcSizIY

>tfw this was their greatest game and it provided the best FF experience
>tfw they threw it all away like idiots

youtube.com/watch?v=zc3_8BszRHM&t=6m22s

can't wait for her full theme

Best final boss theme
youtube.com/watch?v=RVkcmx2l3WA

FFTA3 WHEN?!

>>Favorite FF Game
FFVI
>>Favorite OST
FFXI
Yes
Yes
Yes

Right in the feels. Why can't MMOs be awesome again? Why did WoW have to kill the MMO genre? Why can't SE make a legit good MMO again?

I ended my sub when I realized I can just play though story content and Hildibrand during free play weekends.

>>Favorite FF Game
VI (FFL3 but it's not technically an FF game)
>>Favorite OST
IV
Not a fan of Dissidia, XV looks pretty comfy and I hope other FFs will get the VII remake treatment.. one day.

>Square Enix ever looking at FF8 again

>Watch first video
>get to part on the ferry

Why do fuckers not want a constantly moving world anymore and why do they wanna ruin traveling with warps?

I honestly think FF has been on a downward slide in quality ever since 1994.

>FFV
>FFIV
>No, No, No

>Favorite FF Game

9/5/8

>Favorite OST

9/10

Remake might be ok we will see.

X ironically cause it was my first one as a kid.
tie between X and VI
Look forward to them cautiously.

>Favorite FF Game
VIII
>Favorite OST
VIII
No
I'll buy it but I have no expectations for it.
Yes

>Favorite FF Game

>Favorite OST
youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o

No, no, and no.

I don't think an FFVII remake is necessary.

Childhood is when you idolize Final Fantasy, Adulthood is when you realize that Dragon Quest is better.

>not SMT

You must really love your grinding and sameface anime art.

>Favorite FF Game
FF9
>Favorite OST
tough one, but I'd have to go with 7 out of nostalgia, 6 is a close second though
considering I don't even have PS4, not really. Dissidia seems cool but it's not the end of the world if I don't play it, I stopped caring about XV a long time ago, and VIIR I'm cautiously hyped for, depending how it turns I might actually get a PS4 just to play it.

>Toriyama's wet dream.jpg

My obvious favorite for both is probably FFVII but I think I need to give XIII and honorable mention for OST and setting

go away shitposter, FF has always been style over substance. You want something different, go play other series

The only reason people bash on these games is because it became socially fashionable to do so. "I used to like Final Fantasy but it's bad now" is a programmed social signalling response.

>FF has always been style over substance.
No.

All travel was like that in XI, airships took if I remember correctly about 5 minutes to travel between main cities and there were 3 ferries that were 15 minute trips.

One took you from continent to continent, the second took you from continent to expansion area, and the third was a sightseeing trip around a tropical island. On these trips you could have monsters spawn on deck, a miniboss could spawn, you could fish, or the ferry could even get attacked by a skeleton pirate ship.

>Fanservice for all FFs except II, XI, XII, XIV
What did they mean by this?

Oh, yeah and of course the riverboat trip, I can't remember the purpose of it.

>Tidus Fantasy X

somebody actually spent 10 hours making this

which pales in comparison to the time I've wasted here so I can't judge

Outside of FFI, prove me wrong

I miss that shit so much.

FFXIV teleport shit annoys me.

Not saying I agree with the other guy, but 3 and 5 focus a lot more on gameplay than on story or presentation.

They have a higher chance at looking at 8 after they're done with 7. 8 is their third highest selling game ever. Squall is the face of FF in KH. Squall depicted as Cloud's rival by the fandom for a good reason.

I hope to god they remake 8. That game desperately needs one. 7 holds up better than 8. All 8 needs is a more polished story and refined mechanics.

Learn to read you stupid fuck. He said "better" not "best." He was only comparing FF and DQ. SMTIVA will be the JRPG of the year and that includes XV and P5, and there's nothing anyone can do other than punching God in the face.

The one in the CoP area? Just to get around the zone quicker i think, could also fish and was even an NM on that i think, but not nearly as vital as the selbina/mhura/later AU boat

If they actually balanced the Junction system and dialed down on the romance, 8 would be a top tier FF.

I prefer SMT's gameplay, FF's characters, and I think they both have pretty great settings among their titles

For me:
Least favorite FFs:
II, I, XIII, Returns.
Middle ground FFs:
IV, IX, III.
Favorite FFs:
V, VI, VII, VIII, X, XII, XIII-2.

I tend to focus on gameplay, customizations, and battle system overall. I am slightly looking forward to XV, because I saw the skill tree, and one of the skills let you equip two accessories instead of one. Which reminds me of being able to do that back in VI. Which makes me happy.

I really like XIII-2's combat, I wish they would make a game like XIII-2 that's also the least bit challenging

Also RIP Origa

IX

Honestly IX again probably, although X has some pretty good tracks

Cautiously(heavy emphasis) optimistic for XV, indifferent to Dissidia and VIIR

GUY-shal greens
EH-thers
CHIM-ra

FF10
close between 7 and 10
no

>tf FF5 wont ever get a proper remake

>Favorite FF Game
XII
>Favorite OST
XII
No, No, and since it looks like they're bastardizing the combat to make it millennial friendly - No.

FFI, III, IV, V, done.

Okay, excluding titles before IV and V itself, FF has always been style over substance. Fuck off

No

ATR stream where?

Yes but see there used to actually BE substance.

>Favorite FF Game
Lightning Returns.

>Favorite OST
VI. It might as well be perfect. It's also my favorite OST in video games in general, when I'm in the right mindset.

Yes, no, no.

I'm really looking forward WoFF. Dissidia will be cool to me even if the movesets are simplified and it's team game now. XV I've sworn not to buy. I never wanted a Remake (besides in 2002-2003), because I (seemingly correctly) felt they would butcher it, but since it's coming I guess I'll get similar enjoyment out of it as the Compilation. As in it'll be interesting as its own canon. Seeing many of the monsters should probably be great. Maybe some locations and scenes too. What I'm most looking forward to is XVI. Hopefully it'll be turn-based. At least it'll be new, which is nice.

>XV I've sworn not to buy.
?

>FF was always style over substance... except for most of the early games!
How many times were you dropped on your head as a child?

Posting Final Fantasy in a Final Fantasy thread

BEST TASTE COMING IN

>Favorite FF
XII, either version

>Favorite OST
IV DS

>Looking forward to?
Dissidia? Eh.
XV. Yes.
VII. Not really.
XII HD. Fuck yea.

Lumina, even though I didn't really like the game she was in.

Yeul was a close second.

Past that? I dunno. Loli Rydia (or just any drawing of her at any age with a flat chest), Yuffie, and my catgirl in XIV.

FF just really isn't that good for waifus to me.

Pretty much this. The lore/mythology of the universe is actually pretty decent. The problem is they hid it all away in fucking datalogs (and tie in books) in the first game which led to the second and third games making no fucking sense unless you read a novel's worth of fucking datalogs.

I was going to write about how those things look way to big to be daggers and be carried in one hand but then I noticed that he seems to be a cyborg. Is FFXV the first FF game with a cyborg? or is he a robot?

literally a 2.0 continuation instead of a proper expansion
i properly enjoyed it and the raids, except A2

He's not a cyborg, those articulation points are just for the figure, they're not part of his actual design.

Selphie

I dunno why. Something about her. That hair, the dress? The fact that she would let out such a cute squeal when you slowly slide into her asshole for the first time, I dunno. Maybe the way she'd wink with her tongue out when you cover her face in your jizz.

2 doesnt exist
XI and XIV are mmos
who knows about XII

>4 games out 15 plus spinoffs
Wew lad, you sure showed me! Thank bejeezus this isn't /r/eddit, otherwise my reputation might have been tarnished forever! xD

I fucking loved XIII and XIII-2. I've logged hundreds of hours on both and have owned XIII on 360, PS3, and Steam, and XIII-2 on PS3 and Steam.
I bought LR used on PS3 and never even finished it.

my nigger

>tfw can never finish X cause dont want to the game to end

10 has such interesting characters

Based patrician

Considering LR is the only worthwhile game in that pile of shit, no.

Not really. XIII-2 makes sense without all the background knowledge, since Caius explains most of what's going on. You have to pay close attention, cause it's explain at various points and you have to connect it, which they could have handled a lot better.
I'd argue XIII was the same way, given that I understood the plot the first time. But I will admit that, without the background info, a lot of the motivations and plot points seem illogical. Especially the shit the fal'cies do.

Okay first of all I didn't like Versus, because it was an ARPG, a genre I hate (I like Action and RPG though.) and KH type too, which I care for even less, but it was a spinoff, so that was okay and it seemed to have had the potential for a darker and unusual story and tone. It was also Fantasy based on Reality, which I abhor as an FF (This has always been my number one problem with the game. Also yes, this goes for VIII too.), but it was a spinoff, so still that's okay.

When they turned it into a mainline game, I was infuriated (also there was a tint of 'Well it wasn't vaporware after all. That's nice.'). Even if it was the enemy, I would at least get the vision I had been promised. You know, silver linings. When they removed Stella, I knew the vision and story was totally replaced (as turned out to be the case). I no longer had a reason to care and swore to never buy it or support S-E for it. I intend to hold onto my word even if it were to turn out amazing, because I'm stubborn. That being said the gameplay didn't improve my opinion after. So no loss. XV will be the first single player numbered title I will skip, breaking the streak, which saddens me.

The combat is shit, the environment graphics are PS2 tier, the entire cast is relegated to cameo status while Lightning's entire character is ret-conned into nothing and pushed as the game's major draw, and series long plot points are just dropped in favor of a dog shit story that inexplicably ends with Lightning coming to the real world. What in the honest fuck?
It was ass. We didn't even get to see Snow marry Serah, or any real fallout between Noel and Snow over Noel failing to protect Serah. All the interesting shit from the last two games was dropped in favor of making Lightning literally emotionless as a plot point.

I've only played 4-8, 12 and 14. I own 2 copies of ff13 that I never finished, becuase my friend just decided to leave them at my house. I tried playing it once and it was just extremely boring in a setting I couldn't enjoy.

>Favorite FF Game
FFT, or FFXII if it gotta be a main numbered game

>Favorite OST
FFXIV, becuase it has music from almost every FF game. And some original tracks are ok as well.

No, no, and nooooooooope.

The story in XIII was always shit. LR was so bad it was actually funny. Also what the fuck do you mean the combat was shit, it was leagues better than the first two and arguably one of the best in the series.

>complain that FFXIII is linear
>complain that FFXV is a mix between open-world and linear

explain this

I'm with you.

I've hated the KH-style combat since I first saw a glimpse of it, and I can't stand that they're trying to do reality-based sandbox-esque game to try to capitalize on the popularity of mainstream junk like GTA and Elder Scrolls. I really dislike the character designs on top of all of that.

I played Duscae pre & post update, and I played the platinum demo, and I had ZERO fun with it. It gave me no sense of wonder, no sense of fantasy, and it's clunky as shit.

I keep watching announcements and events in the hope that maybe... MAYBE I'll see them course-correct toward something that I might actually enjoy, but every time I see something new, I like it even less.

The last nail in the coffin was watching their PAX presentation.

I don't think I'll even buy it when there's a GOTY edition and it's in the bargain bin. It is just absolutely antithetical at this point to anything I enjoy in games.

It's mostly that the open world feels really forced
Huge ass empty fields with a few monsters and fetch quests

so it wasn't "always", then?

go away nomura-kun

Not him, but I absolutely could not stand the combat in LR. XIII and XIII-2's combat wasn't perfect by any stretch, or even in the better half of the series, but it was leagues and leagues better than LR's, which I find to be just about the worst in the series. Even worse than X-2's.

TACTICS 2

I CAN FEEL IT

You obviously can't read. I said explicitly that I didn't like it when I first caught glimpse of the fact that it had KH-style combat, and that I hate the character designs. Both of which were Nomura's doing.

>censoring the eyes

proof this user played XI in the golden years

>even worse than X-2
>possibly the most praised battle system in the entire series
u wot m8?

>turned it into a mainline game

Just goes to show how little SE has going on in terms of creativity when they're also spewing shit like WoFF out.

XV-kun please.

They didn't ditch luminous. XV is only one using it right now because all luminous devs are on XV. That's why KH3 was moved to UE4 since no one on KH3 has any luminous experience. Once XV is out then other games will start using luminous. They showed DX12 Agni stuff last year specifically because they are still targeting graphical advancement like that.

I've seen just as many people shit on it as praise it. And most of the only people who I've seen praise it are on Cred Forums.

It's not nearly so universally praised as you want to believe.

It's basically just a streamlined ATB. What is there to even shit on?

Well, it's not complete garbage as people claim but it's still bad and rank amongs the worst FF series.

Since you shared I guess I will too. I was still a pretty big KH fan when Versus was first announced. Even so, the sheer edginess of the first trailer turned me off and I was still a bit miffed with Nomura over some of the plot shit in KHII as well. I've always loved that FF mixes magic with technology so I thought the modern fantasy might be an interesting concept. If things had been kept tonally closer to the 2013 trailer I'd be more hype, but it seems like since then things have gone downhill(not saying it's Tabata's fault or whatever, but still) and their idea of "fantasy based on reality" seems to be taking a real animal and slapping a crystal on its forehead so I'm pretty skeptical now.

As far as battle system, I've always liked ARPGs and genuinely think it's the natural evolution of RPG combat. That being said, the one reservation I have is that the way action gameplay is designed now, it looks pretty awkward in anything but a game that doesn't take itself too seriously like KH or even DMC. I (and others, I'm sure) had hoped they'd refine this for XV, but it seems like they somehow managed to make it both clunky AND unrealistic instead of at least doing one well.

Overall I'm not exactly HYPED for XV, but as long as the story and exploration aspects aren't complete shit I think I can still enjoy myself. We need XVI fucking ASAP, though.

I have literally never played a single FF game, I kind of want to though.

Oh... I feel a bit silly now.
Thanks for the explanation tho.

>I've hated the KH-style combat since I first saw a glimpse of it
Luckily it isn't even remotely like KH

i need to replay FFIII NES

comfy as fuck

It's nothing like KH, silly shitposter.

Is it Nov.29th yet?

>Favorite FF Game
X but VII is objectively the best
>Favorite OST
can i just post some of my favorite tracks?
youtube.com/watch?v=s9MGnYkh3bE
youtube.com/watch?v=sJlga0yRUeE
youtube.com/watch?v=J7Q7OXR6bhk
youtube.com/watch?v=9PRU2-uzg7g
youtube.com/watch?v=UMvHTlWyxH0
youtube.com/watch?v=3jho-peCAKs
youtube.com/watch?v=oxZlJGtFGcw
youtube.com/watch?v=kHw2V0C-D-o
youtube.com/watch?v=o0uqhC29MOw
youtube.com/watch?v=D7J_8IB5i6k
and WoFF, and XII remaster. squenix owns my fucking soul

damn, forgot vi
youtube.com/watch?v=NnvZ6Dqv7Ws

>try to get into this game
>can't

why does everyone love this game?
is it just not clicking with me?

>Favorite FF
IX and Tactics

>Favorite OST
IX and VII

>Forword
Never played Dissidia. Will play XV and probably enjoy it. I want to collect tiny Shiva in WoFF

It has aged

>Favorite FF Game

>Favorite OST
6 but 8 is good too

Interested in how the 7 remake turns out, but not ecstatic about it

youtube.com/watch?v=nFN0091wRww

>Favourite FF
XII followed closely by V and IV

> Favourite OST
IV

>Looking forward to
XII Remastered
VII Remastered
Was looking forward to XV but now I'm on the fence

I've been listening to FFIV's OST again lately and it's so fucking amazing. People usually cite VI, VII, IX or X as having the best OST, but I believe that IV's is truly the best. There's so much care and emotion put into it by Uematsu, and you can really hear the celtic influences in the different pieces. Some favourite tracks:

youtube.com/watch?v=WPQa2_d6YgY
youtube.com/watch?v=P5V2vQE2Pss
youtube.com/watch?v=P5WdHa4IpCw&list=PL3E7F37EFE9C06C27&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=bkg95LqqkZ0&index=24&list=PL3E7F37EFE9C06C27

Fuck, there is no bad song on the whole OST.

>There's so much care and emotion put into it by Uematsu, and you can really hear the celtic influences in the different pieces.
Isn't IV's Theme of Love taught to jp schools. Thats pretty crazy to think vidya music has that much of an influence

I have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me. Uematsu has transcended his status as a video game composer there. He's considered one of the great masters.

Very nice.

Your journey has begun

>As of March 31, 2004, the theme was included in the official music textbook of the sixth school grade in Japan, as part of their curriculum.
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Theme_of_Love

Shit son, you're breaking my heart.

Actually it was shit starting with IX, so more like half its life.

youtube.com/watch?v=foPmm6jLeGk

>Favorite FF
Tactics, VII
>Favorite OST
Half of FF12 tracks. The game itself sucks tho.
>Looking forward?
Not really.

>Favorite FF game
Going to be boring and say VII
>Favorite OST
Final Fantasy XIV or Final Fantasy VI
>Are you looking forward to Dissidia PS4, XV and the VII remake
>Dissidia
Yes
>XV
Lost all hype years ago even before it became XV, took way too long to come out and the end result from trailers doesn't look that appealing
>VII
Optimistic

Only playing this because it's Final Fantasy, even started playing XI too but Heavensward at this point was a disappointment for some reason despite being the same as ARR everything but the story and some music tracks feel like a step back.

I'd love to see a new director even for just one expansion because Yoshida is a one trick pony.

>comparing cgi to ingame footage

>Favorite Game
X
>Favorite OST
VIII
>Looking Forward to
XII Remaster. I am interested to see the VII Remake, but I have low expectations for it.

Everything to do with Lightning was fucking trash

Are you looking forward to Final Fantasy XV?

strawpoll.me/11248812

About to beat FF2

SHIT WAS BOSS... dunno why all the hate

Gonna start FF3 right after... what version is best?? I know theres a 2d and 3D version

I don't understand the hate 2 gets either. 3's combat is much worse.

bump

>Final Fantasy 30
>Final Fantasy XXX

FF2 is for non-scrub FF players

also a better FF villain than overrated shits like Kefka and Sephiroth

>don't think it's worth $60 at launch

It's like people don't understand how retarded and ignorant this makes them sound. Maybe you could try working on something for 10 years (no I'm not defending the ridiculous amount of time they've taken) and see how you feel when self entitled little cunts don't think it's worth the standard price of a new video game.

kys faggot

Favorite is 8, 9 had the best OST.

Hey everyone, check out the dingus with a terrible opinion.

sorry i insulted your precious joker and mama's boi, user. :^)

>art student

Fuck yourself. The point is to create an enjoyable product. If the experience isn't worth $60 the problem is with you, not the consumer.

Mandragora's from XI are in the game.

I know I'm probably the minority but my favorite FF is VIII, it was the first I played so the nostalgia is pretty strong.

FF8 is my favorite. I loved the romance plot and the junctioning system.

>Effort=quality
You're retarded.

I never really got to play FFXI.

When me and my bro got that game for Christmas that year we basically only had 1 PC in the house that could run it so we had to share. We'd take turns running around exploring/fighting stuff. It was cool. Loved the music and equipment/armor designs, loved the world and I remember really liking the story from what I played of it.

Christmas break ended and I went back to school but my brother is a cripple and a dropout who quit school since as a cripple he saw it as meaningless just ended up playing that game all day. Quickly it became his game and he wouldn't let me so much as touch it. He got his linkshell buddies, he'd do his 'runs' basically every night and lord knows how long those could take. I still liked what I saw of the story stuff.

I've kinda been interested in trying to go back and play it but I'm not really interested in the whole MMO thing. I gave XIV a whirl and realized I hate the grind of MMOs. However, I still would like to play it for the story, world, atmosphere ect, kinda makes me wish MMOs had an offline mode where you could add a bunch of AI companions and do all the story stuff that way. I looked at some private servers awhile ago but none of them seemed to be story complete at the time. No idea if that's changed. I do kinda want to play it get to know the game the story and the bosses, I just don't want to spend a lifetime on it.

>Vincent was originally going to be in KH but was dropped due to being too similar to Cloud
>But it's totally fine for Squall

Not that I'm complaining since Vincent is the most worthless emo tryhard piece of shit in the entire franchise but that still struck me as weird.

>makes me wish MMOs had an offline mode where you could add a bunch of AI companions

FFXI can let you do that now with trusts and can moderately easily solo most of the story stuff.
Also, grinding isn't as bad as it used to be because they raised the rate at which you get exp.

You know they make single player Final Fantasy games right?

XV is coming out soon even.

>be old
>get FF1 for christmas along time ago
>took roughly 8 years to beat it because I didn't understand grinding
>didn't help things insta-kill you

>get FF"2" for christmas
>spend whole christmas weekend playing through the game
>whenever I hear Mt. Hobbs music I am forever reminded of comfysnowing outside in a warm house

>friend gets FF"3"
>sells it to me later with some shittacular guide
>the game is amazing, i have nothing else to say

>later find out people are working on english patches for 2, 3, and 5 thanks to the power of emulation
>snes emulation is almost perfect
>my mind is blown as I had no idea I missed out on other final fantasies

>play FF7 for the first time
>glorious CD quality music
>FMV is blowing my teenage mind
>whoa bro
>final fantasy stop being so good, holy shit

>FF8
>everything was fine until the third disc
>series starts getting odd
>music is still top notch

>FF9
>"crystals return"
I don't want to talk about this game.

>FF10
>your a dream existing outside of your dad or some shit
>what is this story
>kills my love of RPGs for 6 years
>music is killer
>gameplay is good though

>play FF12 late because I hated 10 more than anything in my life
>Who is Vaan, why is he here
>he doesn't do anything
>why am I controlling him in towns
>he's not even in my party
>why can't i fight judges?
>gambits?
>I have to BUY an ability to equip something?
>all of my what
What the fuck was that grey looking tower at the end? Pharos? It had no end. Holy shit that was boring.

>FF13
>bought it for 10 bucks a year after release
>it can't be bad, right?
>right?
>oh

Damn nigga you wrote a lot of words

Why censor the eyes when every character looks exactly the same if you pick the same head. There was essentially no actual character creation. You just picked from like 8 different heads with two hair colors for each.

based Toriyama, giving is the best waifu ever

>Lightning Returns - Android

can someone explain? wat

>Likes FF6
>>Hates 8 & 9
Why does shit taste never change

You're missing out on Dissidia (best PSP game ever FYI tbhfamalamas)

yeah, I don't get the hate either

about III - whoever thought attempting to run away should drop your vitality to zero should be shot

PC games sometimes get ports to run on Android devices like consoles you hook up to your TV and the Shield. Metal Gear Rising has one such port and it runs at 10-30fps.

>Favorite
FFIX
>Favorite OST
FFIX
>Looking forward to new stuff?
Might pick up Dissidia, will be picking up XV and VII remake but I don't have very high hopes. I've resigned myself to the fact that no new FF will ever reach the level of the PS1 and earlier games.

>intuititve
You mean unintuitive? Because otherwise, that'd be a compliment.

Lost Odyssey was the last good FF game. Fight me.
Wrong, it was Bravely Default.

Where have you been hiding? FFVII remake is confirmed. Who knows if it will be good, though.

>Mobius has Cornelia, Sarah, and many things from FFI.
>Dissidia's lore basically retcon FFI.
>XIV's everything.

I know that I like them winkwinkdoyougetit moments as much as any FFFans do, but I can't help but think that modern FF devs are not as confident to create new (hopefully) memorable things to get winkwink'd 10 years in the future. Fabula Nova Crystallis is a good attempt, but sucks that XIII trilogy's subpar overall quality will dampen it somewhat.

That's something you should ask yourself.

>>glorious CD quality music
You wot m8? It's just the Playstation sound chip. No room for Redbook audio on those FMV-filled discs!

>Favorite FF Game
So far it's FF7. Only played 4 of them though. Gonna start 8 next.

>Favorite OST
This shit always gets me pumped

youtube.com/watch?v=GJZeucmtURQ

Yes, XV and Remake. Might just buy a PS4 Pro to get them in their best quality. Is Dissidia the one that makes Terra asian? Because it looks awful.

>Favorite FF Game
VII

>Favorite OST
VII, with X being a close second.

Dissidia, yes.
But I'm pretty cautious about XV and the VII remake.

you mean since 1993.

Let's be real, Final Fantasy turned to shit right when X-2 came out. It's missing these two legends.

I didn't even know he left at the time, or how important he was to square
I just somehow felt that FF died when I played X-2
that massage mini game made me go "yep, it's over" and XII didn't do anything that made me change my mind
haven't even bothered with XIII

youtube.com/watch?v=cQruNODIjvA

cute overload

No dual audio no buy.

dual audio is confirmed but it might only be a pre-order/day1 thing since we haven't seen what the normal game comes with

>I'm a huge weeaboo please rape my face

>Final Fantasy
>one of the most iconic vidya franchises

If that's true than Square Jewnix has reached an all time low.

If the English dub is shit I want to opt out of it.

It's not turning 30 until next year. Are you fucking retarded or something? This topic is half a year early. Kill yourself you fucking faggot. Stop wasting space.

Are you suggesting that is untrue?

The eng dub for WOFF is shit. You can compare:
youtube.com/watch?v=aC63WHC7SQs
youtube.com/watch?v=IzQikBYRLUY

nice song desu.

Normally I'm not one to bitch about English dubs but that was just awful. Then again the original isn't THAT much better, but it's the lesser of two evils.

Will they ever make a game this good again?

youtube.com/watch?v=4TGe6PC-Tk4

>Favorite FF game
Tactics series, 7/9

>Favorite OST
7/13

>Dissidia
The slower combat is kinda a turn off for me and no EX mode. Why? Just why?
>XV
Yes
>VIIR
I'll wait for more info on the game.

should i sell the ultimate collectors edition that i ordered then just buy the regular game?

>celebrate corporate nip garbage
Why

Nope.

Makes me sick after playing that disgrace that is FFXIV. I'll have memories of XI for decades to come but I've already forgotten my year spent on XIV.

cute omg

I wanted to like XIV so much, I bought my way into the early alphas and it broke my heart. I stuck with it for a few months after release but it just wasn't playable.

DO it

youtube.com/watch?v=88viaYPNMwc

bump

no

yes

i liked the Cloud of Darkness boss

>there will never be a overwhelming theme like this in newer FF games.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1x_udEq5YM

who?

Me too

would you kiss her user?

>I've kinda been interested in trying to go back and play it but I'm not really interested in the whole MMO thing.
Good news: you can play almost everything in XI single player now.
You can get NPC party members called "Trusts" to fill out your party, and some of them are actually competent at their roles.
Also the level cap has been removed from most of the difficult story battlefields, so if you get stuck, just go out and level up a bit more before trying again.

Are you retarded?

Thoughts about XV ost so far?

God tier. Some of my favorite FF tracks already.

5, 9, And Yes.

>Tactics
>Tactics
>XII HD

The last one i saw selling in the U.S. on ebay went for 900

>dat doujin

Tifa a best

But apparently the only reason people hate 13 is because it's trendy to say so and not because the games are actually shit, according to crybabies on Cred Forums.

>TFW you still can't be bothered to beat FF8 due to the horrible 15 year backstep of a UI interface, no MP system and horrible combat that revolves around nothing more than spamming cure long enough to use Guardians to win battles.

Lets not also forget that once you FINALLY get out of the trash combat, and worthless character development stages of the game, you're only greeted with Squal; one of the most loathsome FF characters to date who just emo talks everyone and wants to build no friendships or any relations with the rest of the cast.

Sigh.

that's 4kawaii8me

>Favorite FF
It would have to be six. i watch my brother play it, and i was awe struck by it.

>Favorite OST
Its... tough, I've been listening to a lot of final fantasy and the official arrangements

From main games
youtube.com/watch?v=W7RPY-oiDAQ

From the arrangements
youtube.com/watch?v=lc6AguFMnoo&list=PL4D1A3C43B286ADFA&index=8

>Looking forward to
World of final fantasy ,its looks very comfy.

Most of Squall's emo moments are player choices. If you'd stop being such a faggot, so will Squall.

Tactics
VIII
no,no,no

But that was the japanese version you retarded weeaboo.

youtu.be/ByrG_YEJs1s

youtu.be/aBtuy0ug5h0

I like it.

Tidus Fantasy is amazing especially Seymour's Battle Theme

>Favorite FF Game
Gotta go with FF6, there's just something about the music and atmosphere that has it edge out FF5 for me.

>Favorite OST
Definitely FF6

no i'm not really looking forward to any of the new stuff,

>What the honk?
CRINGE

Only people who are autistic people cringe because they can't handle something.

So did he accomplish his dream?