Calling all poorfags. What's it like being a gamer when you don't have much money?

Calling all poorfags. What's it like being a gamer when you don't have much money?

A shiton of piracy adn emulation

Steam sales, you still support the devs.

Worst case scenario, pirating.

Even worst case scenario, key resellers.

Replaying old games and trying to find games at thrift shops and pawn shops. I did get DQVII, though.

>2008

>Meet a bunch of friends at school

>Form group

>Borrow each others PS2 video games

You have no idea how much I've heard " I poke my head out of the gutter for one freakin' second and fate shovels shit in my face!"

I had to beat mostly every game I had in one run or by keeping the PS2 on all night. GTA San Andreas and Vice City were the most difficult to pass but I accomplished it.

I just wait til the price drops.

Pretty easy to find at least a fairly big and decent looking box tv for free nowadays, that's just too much

You don't need money in order to play video games.

I have zero desire to play any modern video games

Infuriating right now because I want a PS4 and I'm 100 short and i got my paycheck for the month already

Tempted to sell SNES carts for it.

It's alright. I wish I had a better machine to play some PS2 emulated games on otherwise nothing out right now really interests me.

>no job
>have time but no money
>get job
>have money but no time

Old stuff because your computer can't handle it, piracy for ages, emulation, console gaming, etc

Easy. Just pirate games.

i can only play games from before 2012

It's actually way better. You tend to autistically play through your games exploring every nook and cranny.

Now with steam sales and having a job, I have like 100 games that I played for 5 minutes and then never again.

I'm a collector, so i have investments to sell and buy back for other games all the time.

>get job with 30 hours work week
>have enough money and time
Pleb.

it's all my life revolves around right now. It's depressing. I don't even play new games, I just cycle through about 10 different games I've played to death, I'll pirate something new and play it for 10 minutes before getting bored regardless of whether or not it was a good game. I know it's just gamer fatigue, if I put vidya down for a couple months and do something else with my time I'll be fine again.

You learn to appreciate online games a lot more. Stuff like the Mardek RPG series, Chess Evolved online, Cardinal Quest 2... they're surprisingly deep and solid, and they won't charge you a cent or be relentlessly pay2win.

Just buy what you really want, emulate everything else.

For me its:

PS2 - Burn discs to play games, if I like game, go and buy it. recently did with the Raidou series and SMT3
PS3 - Gamefly rental, if like it, buy it at reduced cost, or find pre-owned at GS
SNES/64/GCN/GBC/GBA - Wii-U homebrew emulation and USB loading, if like, buy original off ebay.
Wii-U - Gamefly rental, rarely ever buy unless really like, like 101.
3DS - Luma3ds hacks on emunand, If like, buy for non-hacked N3DS.
Vita - Vita TV with Henkaku, don't own a single vita game
PC - buy legit, never play PC games outside indies

You wind up playing the games you have over and over again until you master them.

It's kinda cool, you have to play with ini and cfg files more, scavenge for older, unknown games that will run on your piece of shit, try out emulators and so on. Also whatever free time you have to play gaymz is much more satisfying.

I own a shit ton of games from bundles and sales, but my computer is running on 6 year old technology which was decent for the time, but I lack the abilities to enjoy most games over 30 fps and emulation is still impossible for most games I'd like to play. I don't really enjoy games all that much anymore either though and I'm not sure why, but there's plenty I'd like to play but I can't.

I cannot agree with this at all

I want a fucking job already, fuck free time, fuck vidya, I want my damn life to get back on track and I want any of my millions of applications to go through already.

Fuck.

>I want a fucking job already
What's stopping you? Fast food places are always hiring, restaurants always need dish washers and bus boys. You don't have any reason not to be working a job today.

That is unless you're holding out for some high paying position, in that case you're better off staying in bed.

>What's stopping you?

The goddamn internet quota system every job opertunity seems to have now.

Can't walk in and interview anymore, you have to go through a fucking online screening process JUST to get to that point, and I always get turned down because "Lol sorry, you don't meet our hiring quota!"

I've applied to 35 places this month alone. THIRTY FUCKING FIVE. and not a single call back.

So many factors that come into play here.
People seem to frequently forget that the world isn't their little bubble of an area.

Shit nigga you buy banquet meals? must be living the life.

>I've applied to 35 places this month alone. THIRTY FUCKING FIVE. and not a single call back.

Welcome to motherfucking california user. Enjoy your stay.

>giving up on a job search after only 35 tries and one month.

>California
So move? $80 a week will get you a furnished room with dryer, washer and kitchen access a private bathroom and within a mile from downtown here in Indiana.

>being from California
Good. Fuck you for thinking the world revolves around you. The hoes in Venice Beach suck a good dick though.

Master race. Just save up buy a midline PC and then torrent everything. You have a life times worth of games. Then if you feel the ache to have a controller in your hand go buy one on the cheep and get some emulators and play a life times worth of console games. You can even play the handhelds and emulators are now almost done being able to play all of last gens games. So as long as you are fine with no PS 4 or Xbone games there you go.

Its cheep in the long run and also gives you a powerful tool. Basically every job has an online application now and if you have a head set there are about 100 different companies that will pay you just to run their program and answer a phone call every once in a while or answer a stupid question you can use google to find the answer to while you wait to get a real job.

THEN the thing most people forget is you can SELL your PC when you upgrade. Clean it out on the inside and wipe the hard drive and throw it up on cregs list. I just sold a tower that cost 600 to make in 2013 for 500. Which means in the long run your PC is now officially cheaper than a console. Use that 500 to build your next computer or pay your rent. Done. Gaming on the cheap for retards.

>all people are exactly alike because of how TV portrays them

Yeah fuck you buddy. I may love here but I don't give any shits about it as a state or whatever political fuckery you think..

Can attest to that. Applied to like 20 places. I only landed one job because of Vitamin C (AKA Connection).

Once you're NEET, good luck getting the fuck out of the rut.

This, I lived in California for awhile growing up and I applied to about 12 places abou 3-5 times each and no call or anything, but I don't speak Spanish and am white, therefore I am seen as an inferior choice compared to blacks and Hispanics. So after graduating high school and saving up some money from recycling bottles on the streets for a year a flew up to live with grandpa ok North Dakota and I got a call a few hours after I turned in an application to a fast food place down he street, and then I worked there for 1 1/2 weeks until getting fired for breaking the gravy machine so now I've been working for a nursery doing heavy and working at a gas station, fuck California.

There are no good new AAA games. i havent spent 60 dollars on a game in 10 years.

Hell on Earth.

I can afford like one game a year.

This year was the new Monster Hunter, and boy am I upset.

Oh, I'm speaking from experience. The only respectful guy in LA was a friend of a friend who sold us weed in Watts.

>Living with your parents

FAG

My kid and teen years before getting a job were basically
>Sega, nintendo and PS1 emulators
>Free browser games like Runescape and Aventure Quest
>Counter Strike 1.6 on pirate servers
>150 hours in an Oblivion that looked like this
My first console was an Xbox 360 because only by then I could afford a console with my own money.

Is it bearable with roguelikes. They're free (or super cheap) and have more depth than a lot of other mainstream games.

You don't want to find a job.

I've not bought a game in over a year now, the last one being MGSV on release day. My computer's fucked and can't play even ancient fucking games anymore. My PS4 is acting up and always freezes. My Wii U is somewhere in the attic.

I literally have not sat down and played for about 4 months now.

Please lads, how do I get into gaming again?

yeah they dont hire whites

this
30h/week master race

should've gone to college fag

Comfy enough

Pirate everything
Play mmos
Emulation
And do other things, like reading a book or wiki.

keep going never stop. even when you have ajob eventually. keep applying

Chipped PS2, updating my computer hardware every ~7 years to the current "Low end but good bang for your buck" standard. Lots of piracy and emulation.

Eventually, I stopped giving a proper shit about non-fighting games so that greatly freed up my budget from other games to then save up for a ps3 and other fighting games a few years ago. Not gonna see myself with a ps4 any time soon.

Stop breaking your shit. I've never had a console or handheld, from Atari to PS4, break or die on me. I did have a chair catch fire, though.

Forgot pick

That TV made me smile and I've been depressed all day. Thank you, man.

Florida is just as bad as California to find an entry level job, desu. I don't know how many times people have looked me in the eye and said "you're first on the list when somebody leaves". They don't want millennials because they don't trust them to keep their eyes off their phones for 10 minutes. And then there are the hundred question job assessments that just ask you the same vague questions over and over "On a one to five scale, do you believe people lie to get ahead?" How the fuck are you supposed to answer that??
But to stay on topic, the next game I plan on playing is the MGS V rerelease on PS4.