Completely epin and challenging boss fight

>completely epin and challenging boss fight
>have to retry a million times
>tf of accomplishment when you finally do it
>talk to your friends about it
>realize there was some completely intended retarded way to cheese him without even trying and you were the only faggot who struggled fighting the "wrong" way

What's her name Cred Forums?

>WITNESS THE POWER

what did he mean by this

wait, what way of cheesing are you talking about

I played through like 80% of Re:Chain of Memories not realizing that 0 cards break any number. Then the game became a cake walk.

Using the knife. It makes everything a shitload easier.

stand in place and spam the knife attack to kill him in 15 seconds
and it isn't retarded, his interactions with leon all involve the knife and his final form has a god damn knife arm you should have figured it out by now it's been 15 years

if you use a knife you basically can't lose

Name a boss with better QTE sequence.

protip : you can't

>play through Kingdom Hearts 2 without using those temporary transformation skills because I always forget about them and they're not that useful
>mfw I realized before the end of the game that leveling up transformations will give Sora permanent skills like advanced movement

After the QTE knife fight earlier in the game, it just felt natural to try and knife him during his fight.

If the knife wasn't slow as shit I might have attempted that on my first play through, but I didn't want to risk it.

>it's not retarded that a knife deals more damage than a rocket

He's specd for bullet and explosive resistance but couldn't spare any attribute points for slash resistance.

Why would you assume RE4 is a game that runs on logic when before this boss fight you have to run away from a giant robot statue of spanish napoleon by jumping better than any olympic athlete

The damage values for weapons remained constant before all that. Story peculiarities have no bearing on game mechanics in this case.

Recently did an Extreme run of Lost Planet and got to the giant bee akrid boss fight without about 1000 T-ENG and no VS or ammo.

It took about 6 hours nonstop to do it, and required me to do about 100 different things right to win and only doing 99 of those things correctly led to a loss. The 'cheese' strat isn't a cheese strat at all but just making sure you get to that boss with a surplus of TENG and a VS makes it a walk in the park.

Most satisfying victory I've had in years, had a bunch of friends cheering me on because I was doing it during E3 between conferences

Same reason that the knife was pure garbage and a waste of a button until that particular fight and then never again. It's just not something you think of doing by considering the gameplay.

If not a dedicated knife button then what?

I'd go with a dedicated roundhouse button.

Might as well make a dedicated win button at that point or play God Hand

plagas have specific weakness to stun grenades and the knife, this isn't specific to krauser

the knife is broken as fuck, especially if you play on any version besides GC original

Majima's knife combos in Yakuza always keep me on the tip of my dick, it can go horribly wrong in an instant

Oh shit i know theres like 5 of these but i cant remember. Psycho Mantis was one. I did the statue thing.

Why would you knife a Plagas? You either guaranteed to get or hit or insta-killed.

>knifing plagas
>wanting to engage the swinging scythe plagas or instant kill plagas in close range

>Why would you knife a Plagas?
I'm not a casual

Woah, sorry man. I didn't realise I was talking to a bonafide badass. If only I could be so good at an easy game.

It's not easy, for sure, but it DOES do more damage

same with the knife QTE against the plagas spine el gigante has

same with the knife doing surprising amounts of damage to the main three bosses mendez/salazar/saddler

it's a consistent thing that knife or bright lights = dead plagas, so arguing that it doesn't make sense is silly

now, the fact that you can stunlock krasuer in the corner with the knife, THAT probably wasn't intentional

Hey, you're that ninja!

no need to be upset that you couldn't bait attacks and knife them to death to save ammo

>you can just spam guard

>needing to save ammo
>in a game where you're thrown ammo at every opportunity

>he doesn't know about the dynamic difficulty
the only reason you're drowning in ammo is being bad

The point he's making is that the knife isn't bad if you're not bad at using it. Chill out man

>he actually used GFs!

I bet you don't even knife regenerators

>Get just close enough and shoot it's leg off with a shotgun
>Aim down with knife
>Regenerator leaps onto the ground right it front of you
>Knife stun-lock until he explodes

Feels so good

>First playthrough
>Too scared to go into freezer and get scope
>Run out of ammo killing 2 regenerators in hallway with shutters
>Have to start over game all over again
>Oh u can just knife em for 2 minutes
Fuck, I was so shitty my first playthrough.

Nah, this was just spamming triangle and square over and over again.
I mean, it looked cool, definitely, but it didn't leave that much of an impact.

How?

You can just run back to entrance to area and he MIGHT fall in a pit and kill himself. It only worked the first try for me, if you die and reenter fog he won't follow you back to it and kill himself.

I played Valkyria Chronicles the right way and had a lot of fun. Cred Forums tells me to cheese it with scouts and then complains about being able to cheese it. You tell me who the retarded one is.

I died 4 or 5 times to pic related until I YTed it to see what others were doing.

That tech reminds me of golden axe