Who the fuck designed this shit boss fight?

Who the fuck designed this shit boss fight?

Fucking impossible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6cnKeWIjPEo
youtube.com/watch?v=8n3A-GlgrL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A classic subject.

From Software

Not impossible, you just have to learn how to be patient.

MIYAKEKY LOLOLOLOLOL

Third best fight in the game homie.

>He doesnt know the secret strategy to make this boss easy

Kek, and its not Solaire its GITTTTTT GUUUUUD

You must obtain more skill.

(I used to think Capra Demon was impossible)

>kill the skinny dude first
>make the lardass get stuck behind a pillar and shoot him with arrows until he dies

Wow... So fucking hard....

Just go human summon the NPC to help you.

learn the timing and spacing on Ornstein's heat seeking lunges, separate Ornstein by having him chase you while Smough's fat ass waddles in the background. kill Ornstein first, Super Smough is easy as fuck as long as you dont get hit with the electro butt slam

Use the pillars you autist.

I still think it was the hardest Souls boss in the series. Not in terms of real difficulty, but if you played the games in order when they came out, that was the largest difficulty spike of learning how to play the game. Flamelurker was pretty tough but this almost made me quit the game was trying to do them all solo which didn't help

Haven't reached it yet. Yes I know, late to the DS party. Is it really as bad as I've heard?

even i did it
and im the fucking worst piece of trash that ever lived
so wow

Some people beat it on their third try, some people are fucking casuals and quit after their twentieth.

First try.

Dumb nigger.

This is probably b8 but, you do know that you can summon Sun Bro to help in the fight, right?

>He didn't fight Smelter Demon
>He didn't fight Belfry Luna of NG+
Dude, they are so far from shit design.

Just get a good shield (70+ stability), neither of them hits hard.
Kill Ornstein first.
Make sure you always have them both on your screen.
When you solo Smough and you're shit, just stand behind a pillar and range the fucker.

They were the most fun I had the entire game besides Ariamis. I really miss the time when I died to them just because I refused to summon.

The Boss? Is arguably the hardest boss in the base game, there are other bosses after it but you have access to eng game gear so it's way easier by comparison.
The final boss is pretty hard as well unless you parry but I find that too easy so I don't do it. No parry, no estus, longsword only, kiln of the first flame.

I always go for biggie first as I like tupac's armor more. Not too bad once you get used to it. I am excited for you to take on the gang squad in 2 solo. In three they make the other monsters fight each other which was laaaaaame

you have trouble with the dunk bro?

Wait for fucking manus father of the abyss, you scrub.

Just summon somebody, the fight becomes easy as shit.

You're right. O&S are objectively the best boss aside from Artorias and Manus.

i one shot them with my dark bead, git gud

I believe Ornstein armor is way better, best medium set in the game until you get to upgrade another set.

Kill Smough first by positioning his fat ass to block Ornstein from coming close to you, then during the Big Ornstein fight just stand between his legs.

The fight is really easy to cheese, you just need to know what you're doing.

By the time you reach them you should also have the resources to upgrade a weapon to max lightning which makes the fight even more trivial.

>when you meet the bell gargoyle boss in dark souls 2 for the first time
>you think 2 gargoyles in dark souls 1 was bad? WHAT ABOUT 6 FUCKING GARGOYLES

The thumbnail looks like his pierced-up dick is hanging out

Nobody cares, retard.

We are discussing O&S here, go and troll somewhere else.

>Kill Ornstein first.
I find Super Smough a lot more difficult than Super Stein personally.

One of the easier boss fights in the Souls series. I twoshotted Ornstein and then had my way with Smough. I believe I was oveleveled by that point though, had a BKGA +5.

I remember thinking that

I was such a fucking casul
git gud son

Ornstein set is a fashion set.
Fully upgraded Elite Knight set gives you twice as protection for the same weight.

For practical purposes I really don't recommend anything besides a partial Giant Set. Twinkling Titanite is by far the easiest to farm in the game and the set gives the best defense in the game. Just the leggings and gloves +5 give you 120 protection for 19 weight.

>not using dsfix

oh yeah, because this discussion is completely new and original.

Some user will suggest to kill fatty first, then another user will come and bring the lore to correct the first user about smough weight, and then the thread will be dead.

fuck you

>upgrading any armor
>ever
>not rolling butt naked to avoid any damage

u mad cuz bad

Nah, you fuck off.

>hurr durr le DS2 sucks and it's made so wrong because redditmatosis told me so XDDD

WE FUCKING KNOW ALREADY, RETARD.

Nobody has mentioned DS2 until you showed up, if you want to discuss it then make your own thread and shitpost in there. You're the biggest cancer of the Dark Souls series.

>all this fucking projecting

calm the fuck down sperg-lord, I was only trying to talk about the belfry gargoyles boss in DSII since it's a difficulty spike in this game like ornstein and smough in DS1 you insufferable diamond tier autist.

It's the main difficulty spike in the game. Once you get past that, the rest non-DLC stuff is pretty easy.

I fucking hate Dark Souls so much.

It made me fucking hate video games in general.

Fuck O&S
Fuck 4 Kings
FUCK THESE FUCKING SHIT BOSSES

lol you are bad as fuck and i'd love to see you screech and howl as you try to beat classic NES games like ninja gaiden or hudson's adventure island

Do DS2 retards get TRIGGERED this hard all the time?

Hello, Reddit.

First time in here?

Oh fug

I guess they do.

are you implying that smelter demon was shit? he was one of the few DS2 bosses I actually enjoyed

How about I shove these two nes games up your fucking anus while raping your mom? LOL

I loved the DS2 gargoyle fight. One of my favorites in the souls series.

always keep them both on your screen and never get between them. they always do their charge attacks if you get a certain distance from them, so circle the room and kite them without getting too far until you find the sweet spot where they won't attack but also won't charge, then you can bait out the charge once you get familiar with the distances.

use the pillars to block smough's charge. when ornstein charges you smack him a few times before smough catches up to him, then run and repeat.

super smough is easy, just dodge between his legs, and when he jumps in the air run the fuck away to avoid the thunder butt.

Block one faggot behind the pillars (or rubble after they smack them shits down) and just solo the other. did this for both biggie and smalls in ng then ng+ so I could get them sweet armors.

I wonder if redditoddlers act the same way on reddit, using a bogeyman every time someone they don't like show up.

git gud famalam, I beat 4 kings on my first try.

i brought some pretzels, gimme some of that salt of yours

Maybe I was just over leveled but oh smo was easier than any darksouls 3 boss.
>Poise
literally fucking GG

He wasn't defending DS2 though.

I ended up playing dark souls way late, and honestly, i was pretty disappointed at how easy these guys were. After hearing about how so many people got their shit kicked in, i was looking forward to it, because most of the rest of the bosses were piss easy for me except for the moonlight butterfly with fat rolls. that just me being a retard. swapped armor and i was fine.

Got to biggie and smalls and did a scouting run, just staying alive and learning their moves. died at the door, came back and bashed them in.kinda lackluster really. still a cool fight though.

i lost the will to continue in the library. that place was just tedium.

it's one of the best designed boss fights in the game, if you want to talk about shit boss design then there are plenty of worse bosses in the game

>i lost the will to continue in the library
Casual. When I get mod, people like you will be permabanned

Replaying DaS2 right now, and god damn Fume Knight with a mage build is HELL.

Don't think anything else come close.

Like bed of chaos?

lmao git gud

Well meme'd, Reddit.

yeah i too went in fully expecting to get my shit fucked and ended up one shotting them

try harder OP

most certainly

>having an ego from playing video games
Could you be a bigger loser?

it wasn't even hard, it just wasn't fun. bad bonfire placement and having to meticulously bait enemies at T doorways wasn't very satisfying, I beat the four kings, went to the library and just didn't feel like continuing. I do want to go back and beat it as it is a wonderful game, but everything after O&S felt lackluster in terms of level design.

>souls games
>hard

try dodging lmao, anyone who says any souls game or bloodborne is hard is a gigantic red flag that they didn't grow up honing their skills on grueling, highly difficult nes and snes games

Artorias and O&S are the 2 best boss fights in the game imo

>replaying Dark Souls
>reach Anor Londo
>time for O&S
>kill Smough first
>then kill Ormstein
>on the first fucking try

It's always like that.

When I think I'm gonna have a hard time with some particular boss-fight, I do it easy. Like Artorias in Oolacile. First go, no sweat. Meanwhile, that stupid fucking Centipede cunt before Lost Izalith got me 5 fucking times with the extendable attack.

>claims it wasn't hard
>complains about bonfire replacement

honestly the only bonfire should be at firelink, if you die, run back from there. You fucking casuals have it good with the amount of bonfires you already have. Demon's Souls only had 1 at the beginning of the level.

>people saying ornstein is the easier one to beat last
fucking shitting me? You can kite smough around a pillar with ANY ranged weapon.

"hardest" fight my ass, any cheesable boss fight isn't hard

>the game gets boring after Anor Londo

Who started this meme? The game is just fine after Anor Londo. I'd understand if you had an actual specific complaint, but I constantly hear that shit, in every Dark Souls thread. It's a meme opinion.

>tfw it took me 4 months to defeat Artorias

how? I'm not even gud at vidya and I bet him after a few tries

>admitting to being a Reddit tier "imma bun perpel I dint lyyke"

yeah the first half of the game is definitely way better but the final boss is also really good

lmao literally pic related

agreed

Bullshit, I finished NES Ninja Gaiden, TMNT (and fuck Shredder) and Double Dragon 3 to name a few. I'm an old R-Type fan, finished all of them, and I think Battle Toads isn't that hard, the toughest parts are about memorization really.

And I still find Fume Knight with a dedicated mage build is hell (with a mid-range armor, I found him manageable, if harsh, but mage build? nope so far).

Wew lad

Dunno, I always had a hard time with him and other bosses took me less time, even O&S.

I think the worst boss fights aren't the hardest ones, they're the ones that are supposed to be memorable and "epic"-feeling but fall flat (Seath, 4 kangz)

I had more trouble with Capra Demon, but took my fair share of tries against Ornstein and Smough.

My hardest boss was Manus though, fuck that shit. Had to call the pupper and use, like, 16 estus, to manage to beat it.

well, I did have a friend who told me that you can knock him out of his powering up-aura thing

Took me legit 100 tries. Finally beating him felt like endless ejaculation.

What about the Maneaters?

We all have our bosses we can't seem to align with for some weird reason.

I can SL1 DaS, I don't have a problem with most bosses, but I cant' for the life of me find the proper dodging frame for Ceaseless Discharge. Always have to cheese him (in a way I'm glad me trying to pull back on my first try allowed me to find that you could).

No one said it gets boring.

The games peaks @ Anor Londo

Everything after that is just the comedown - doesn't mean it more shit than what came before Anor Londo.

The thing that took me by surprise with Magnus is how god damn fast he is combined to his range. That's one really tight fight.

im stuck on manus right now man, i know exactly what youre talking about with everyone has that boss you just cant get down.

That and his magic phase. If his fight was only the melee phase, he wouldn't be that hard, but then he starts making it rain and I start panicking

what was his fucking problem?

Just fully upgrade stone shield. Gg ez

> "having an ego from playing video games"
> "Could you be a bigger loser?"

Holly shit user, thanks for this precious frase.
I never knew what to say to 1 or 2 tryhard friends.

after anor londo, the only new areas you have opened up are

>duke's archives/crystal cave
>demon ruins/lost izalith
>tomb of the giants
>new londo

not saying all of these areas are shit (except izalith obv) but none of them feel as interesting or fine-tuned as darkroot garden, undead burg, depths, etc. and also the bosses in the 2nd part of the game just aren't as fun (minus gwyn)

uninstalled the game because of this fat piece of shit out of anger, he's by far the hardest motherfucker.

>luke wilson as gwydolin
>owen as solaire
>tom hanks as gwyn

wtf no

>Dark Souls directed by Wes Anderson

Watch this colorful feelgood movie about the Chosen Undead fighting his midlife crisis with his newfound friends.

Get the thingy that reflects darkness and he's easy. You shouldn't ever get hit by his physical attacks and if he dashes fast at you he's getting ready to combo you to death so roll back a couple of times.

The first time I played DS I thought that you were supposed to use Smough to destroy all the pillars and bring the roof down on them because I didn't believe it was actually possible to just straight up fight them and win.

This boss was epic fun with my Guts build.

Got summoned to another fool doing the boss, he had another phantom, a zweihander motherfucker.

We proceed to stunlock both of them.

Good times.

Capra is impossible. For a noob.

Once you have wrath of the gods, shit's easy mode.

>ornstein stabs you thought the pillars
>ornstein shoots lightning through enough' fat ass when you swing
This is unironically just a shit boss

>everyone complaining about manus
>beat him first try
What are you people doing.

>Using a min max build from the internetz
>Calling others casuals

>Nameless King
>Fume Knight
>Blue Smelter Demon

>first time playing DS1
>want to be a dickass thief
>spent almost all my time and resources fully upgrading a bandit's knife
>end up just using the great scythe

>want to use a cool weapon
>it's shit

OTHER SCENARIO:
>use cool weapon despite it being shit
>reach 4kings
FUCK

That's pretty funny actually

Dickass thiefs are only good on PVP but you can perfectly beat the game with a bandit knife, it's pretty good, the bleeding is pretty handy.

Easily the hardest part in the game. Everything else is chump change compared to Drake and Josh.

Tell me your lowest level you defeated O&S.
Mine was:
Soul Level: 19
Class: Deprived
Weapon: Claymore +15

Next time i will try a run win a Soul Level 1 Character.

My 8 year old cousin defeated them without summoning Solaire since he didn't know he could.

Just get gud.

Seriously, get rid of as much equipment as you can so you can roll the faster your character can do, equip a trusty weapon, Zwei or whatever, don't get greedy with hits, and I think killing Pikachu first is easier than dealing with big ass Pikachu on round two that can 1 shot you if the falls on top of you with the thunder attack.

That's it, also, maybe get a bit lucky, use the other one as a "shield" so he's between you and the one you're not attacking, always keep them both on sight as well.

You've probably hit a few walls already, maybe not. Either way, it's almost guaranteed to give you pause.

Oatmeal and Smores is definitely the hardest simply by virtue of having to track multiple targets at once. Each boss alone isn't bad at all, but having to manage both at once drives the difficulty through the roof. With the exception of Falling Into Holes Simulator, it's easily the most frustrating.

Use the pillars, kill Oatmeal first because you can still trap Smough behind pillars even when he goes uber.

Don't be afraid to cheese it. There are no unfair tactics in Dark Souls, only things that do and don't work.

I was able to beat Super Smough by trapping him behind a pillar. He'll try to go straight at you but he can't because the pillar is in the way. He'll do a slow attack, when he's in his recovery animation go around and hit him. The best part is that a broken pillar is still able to block his lightning butt bounce.

O and S took me several hours. Once you beat them, the rest of the game is manageable.

(also the four kings are piss easy)

>impossible
>not even considered one of the hardest parts of the no-hit run
Yeah no.

SL 1
Pyromancy is ez mode

>the rest of the game is manageable
More like piss easy, every single boss after them is so crap mechanics wise.

>get to ds2 gargoyles
>holy shit
>down to the last gargoyle
>he's 1 hit away from death
>suddenly my controller dies
>he swoops into me and i die
>FUCK
>player starts getting up
>realise I didn't die, i just have a fraction of health left
>quickly grab my kb+m and desperately try to figure out controls
>no regen left
>take a wild swing and hit the gargoyle mid leap
>win
>1 hp left

Jesus christ if that wasn't the most stressful fight I've ever done

I'll never understand the big deal with these guys.

All you have to do is hide behind the pillars and mainly keep and eye on Ornz. That's it.

>(also the four kings are piss easy)
I still do not understand how people found this hard

>put on my stupid abyss ring
>here we go, time for another wild ride
>okay, there is... one king
>run up and poke it over and over
>swings going right over my head because lmao hitboxes
>it dies
>another one shows up
>rinse and repeat

Like what exactly did you do, run around with your dick in your hands while the game spawns more kings?

Pretty much, yeah. Getting to the Four Kings is a pain, but beating them is easy. Same with Seath, and saving Solaire lets you skip most of whatever that area was. Bed of Chaos was a pain but still took under five tries. Only boss that was a challenge was Gwyn, and that's because I hadn't parried in the game and because his hitboxes are broken.

The best part in playing as a pyromancer is meeting Quelaana. What a qt.

Nah bro. O&S is number one.

master race quick controllers switch grand tactic

2's gimmick really was quantity > quality.

Fuck you Taro. This LEBIN TROLLING DID U RIKE AWESOME DG1 BOSS AMIRITE? is really fucking annoying. When you can't beat the boss without using fucking Youtube guide than it's a horribly designed fight (and these two final notes are impossible to guess). Yet music and visuals are top notch.

Some areas were pretty good, the bosses were lacking.
At least the DLC was good.

I see this posted all the time, I would appreciate some context

This fight was incredibly lenient as you could miss a note by like half a second and still get it. Acquire proficiency.

k

>put on your Havel's armor set
>hit the kings with RT two handed strikes
>dodging is for cowards

I dunno but its definitely a meme. No one claimed that anywhere near release but now i hear it everywhere

Has anyone every really beat Fume Knight?

>first time playing any souls game
>wire my ps4 controller up to my pc
>get to goldstein and smoog
>having a difficult time but thats normal
>get all the way to super smough
>he's really low
>ps4 controller starts flashing weird
>ignore it and keep playing
>1 hit away, I'm in the zone
>email notification sound on my phone makes me lose concentration for a split second
>die like an idiot
>pissed off, whatever this is better be worth it
>"thank you for your playstation store purchase"
>confused as hell, i definitely haven't bought anything
>look at the receipt
>a $40 game just purchased a few minutes ago
>scared as hell, think my account got hacked or something
>turn around
>my ps4 light is on
>turn on my tv
>I accidentally turned my ps4 on and perfectly navigated to buy ratchet and clank anniversary edition
>dark souls stole my money

>artorias is a good fight
>artorias is difficult
He's super simple and predictable, no difficulty, nothing interesting.
He swings across, you dodge back
He swings down, you dodge to the side
He jumps, you dodge forward
No problem

Did you at least get a refund?

Artorias and manus are significantly better

Tough fight, isn't it? Last I checked, from From's own statistical data, only 7% of players that went online had killed him.

Granted, there's probably a bit more, people like me that never connect, and still managed.

It *is* a harsh fight though. As I was saying up-thread, I'm finding doing it with a pure mage build to be *ridiculous*.

>be overleveled fuck with big damage meme weapon
>kings explode
>"wooooow you guys are shit..."

If by "overleveled" you mean "never lost a gorillion souls to stupid deaths" then sure.

>reading horror stories about people losing 50K souls in Blighttown or Anal Rodeo

Why the fuck would you hold onto that many liquid souls anyway?

>highest stability shield in the game
>ring that increases stability
>40 end
>cloranthy
>block his attacks

Or get a lot of adaptability and just roll

I beat him no summon, no magic, no shield, no armor. I was begining to try bizarre tactics and found one that worked. Now I'm stuck on Aava. goddammit I just want to replay that comfy earlygame in ng+

Has literally zero to do with how hard it is, think for a second.

Because those people want to upgrade their pyromancy flame or buy shit from the Anor Londo Smith.

>tfw wrecked them in first attempt
>i used giantdad build for it
was worth grinding

>beauty is in the eye of the beholder
>fuck beauty standards

I don't follow.

black knight sword + 5 equals easy fight.

What happened to her?

>finished ng+ on both DS1 and DS3
>i still think that taurus demon is the hardest boss

Dark souls
>unique doble boss battle
>unique second phase with cutscene
>armor get cree manly tears included
>memorable for ages
Dark souls 2
>gee lets make them fight 3 dudes with long reach
>gee lets put no 2 but 5 gargoyles
>gee 2 pursuers forma extrafun
Dark souls 3
>yep why fuck up last time didnt whe
>but heres the guardians of the abyss
>good enough

>her

>in the thumbnail it looks like smough has his dick and balls out

I thought I was the only one. I replayed it recently and I died more to him than o&s.

>First time playing DaS1 way back when
>Got to Artorias
>Took a while but eventually beat him. Hard fight but fun as shit. I could always pinpoint exactly where I went wrong and I got a little better each time
>Hyped as shit when I beat him

>Get to Manus
>Destroyed over and over again
>So aggressive that I just want to stay away but staying away always gets me killed. But being aggressive also gets me killed.
>Days later I finally beat him
>Feel nothing

I don't know what that means

Her ring says that she married a god so the real one is probably in a far away kingdom.

Well, I won't spoil anything.
>whole game is hack'n'slash with some dragon air combat
>final boss is suddenly 7 minute long rhytm game
>begins easy, but than camera get crazy and you can't see shit so you must rely not on visual but audio clues
>gets worse towards the end of the song
>once it's finished screen goes black and when you think it's over you get game over because there wasfinal note after the first dialogue line that you had to literally guess (and it had off beat timing different to the rest of the song) without any clues
>10 seconds later after second dialoge line there is another final note with same problem
>one mistake and you can begin 7 minutes from the beginning
Two final notes have nothing to do with profiency. They are literal unfair bullshit so that Taro can have his laugh. Okay you fuck up one note, but when there's second "blind" one afterwards it's not funny anymore. Also it's pretty stupid that for final 10 minutes you suddenly require totally different skills than for the rest of the game (never played rhytm games before so it was harder for me).

>Get to manus
>At this time you are level 110 with shitload of stats
>He can't do nothing because muh endurance
>His spells can't do shit because muh havel shield's magic resistance, high poise and stamina
>Killed him in first attempt

>Pro tip

Learn to use clawgrip and do not lock on camera. Its the secret to all DS bosses

Force muy to beat Ornstein so i can get the spear&armor
INT build spear needs FTH
Fuck atleast i got pimp armor
Gonna get that moonlight sword
Finaly cut that fucket tail
Moonlight needs STG i was DEX

Level 110?
Thats a little too much, I acuse you of grindan.

i spend about 6 hours farming blobs in painted world of aramis

I always killed fat man first because I lived the spear for ornstiens soul

You need to Git Gud or die trying, homie.

You are dumb, you can duplicate boss souls.
Also:
>Grinding for levels in a souls game

This is the casual filter of this game

Beat the boss or admit you are a casual

The choice is yours user....

DaS1 has several casual filters

1 = Belltower Gargoyles
2 = Capra Demon
3 = OnS

After OnS there's nothing else in this game that can break you.

>Manus 1v1 is ez pz
>hear about extra doggo story
>Summon dog so I can get cutscene
>fight is now way harder because Manus turns into a spaz and fucking spins around to attack doggo

Fucking Sif

Literally impossible
youtu.be/6cnKeWIjPEo

You can?

we wuz 4 kangs

Bed of bullshit is still annoying as fuck no matter how many times you play the game. Even if you just cheese it with a bow and reloading the game.

>Thinks he's "hardcore" for beating Dark Souls

How to spot someone under the age of 18.

4kins are just a DPS check and by that time you have enough equipment and knowledge of the game to deal with them

Get the greatscythe and a mask from Pinwheel at the beginning and cheese through the game.

Yeah, just start an animation, like a roll or a parry and use the item (You can dup any item that ask you to confirm its use, ie: Boss souls and Firekeeper souls) them quickly open your inventory and use another item instead, like your estus, you will consume the soul but will stay in your inventory. You can even use said animation to repeat the trick.
I'm sure you can find a video or something.

Oh, ok, so it's a bug, not an in-game mechanic.

Made no sense.

>Friend that got me into the game tells me "Drake and Josh" are in it
>Get shit kicked in by them on first try
>Call friend while laughing about it
>He gets on and we take them down no problem

Our friendship was stronger obviously.

Is this some kind of meme?

>Get to the fight against a billion rats
>Beat it easily on the first try

The only worse boss fight I can think of (besides Bed of Chaos) was the one against a load of skeletons with no actual boss in sight. It's so bad that I can't remember if I ever actually fought against it or just saw it as part of a let's play, that's how forgettable it was.

kek. Killed him first try with lunging attacks with black knight sword. 3 hits and he's out

Capra demon becomes your bitch the second you kill his dogs, and the gargoyles aren't shit if you get the drake sword and Sun bro. The super londo bros were the only real wall I hit on my first playthrough besides 4K.

I quite liked Capra Demon, because it gave me my first real incentive to go exploring. Game back to it after darkroot garden with the wolf ring, elite knight's and a few extra levels on my sword and smashed it first go. In some ways, that's about the best lesson you can get from Capra/Gargoyles: it's fine to go somewhere else for a bit.

Is it bad if Drake and Josh are my favorite boss fight of any game of all time?

>4kins are just a DPS check and by that time you have enough equipment and knowledge of the game to deal with them
I've seen shitloads of people complain about getting walled there, especially after they nerfed Havel's/Iron Flesh.

(You)

sooo... a casual filter.

The answer to pretty much every question of how to beat something in a Souls game is to just summon someone. This is a prime example.

the catch is that no actor can actually show their face.

>Killing Orny first
What r u? a casul?

That fight is more about the timing, not the complexity. Also it's always easy to talk about them in hindsight.

Taro wasn't thinking of being in any way fair when he made it, he just wanted you to get angry.

>tumblr nosing the fucking armor
harumph

Most overrated meme fight in the game. 4 Kings is harder.

Yeah, never try to do this shit again.

Beat it solo on my SL1 , you are just not trying hard enough. Took me dozens of attempts

Because it is last boss

I've done him once, it was on NG+ and took me about 30 goes. I had his moveset sorted quickly, it was just a matter of endurance and my attention wanders a lot so I kept getting fucked up.

>ywn die crushed by her monster tits
just go hollow already

The only hard part about Taurus demon is the camera. And even then you can pretty much just roll randomly between his legs and not get hit.

The idiot sometimes just falls off the bridge.

Reminds me, I recently got Iron Golem to fall off a ledge. Funny as fuck that you can make bosses do such retarded stuff.

Yeah the Iron Golem one is intended. It's actually pretty easy to set it up.

Can you still get the drops?

The Bell Gargoyles are by far the hardest boss move-set wise, the only reason they're not the most fucked up thing in the game is that they're designed to have low enough HP that you can take them on with an un-upgraded weapon. If you actually had to fight a sustained version of them where you fought two of them for a significant amount of time, it would be insane.

I just did a run where I fought Quelaag as the first boss (without the master key), and found that once you understand how to fight her safely, it's largely a matter of being patient and waiting for her to spew lava. Likewise, O&S can be kept away from you with the pillars. With the Gargoyles, this is absolutely not possible, there is nothing you can do you remain safe and they will even counter any attempt at using the environment for keep away with fire-breath.

Yes, bosses automagically give you whatever items they give when they die.

Oh yeah

One of the 3 bosses I managed without dying. I cut it close, but just slowing down and waiting for the lava spew is the way to go.

>that's about the best lesson you can get from Capra/Gargoyles:

I was stuck at the Gargoyles for like, 10 hours as a fatroling cunt because I had no idea there was anywhere else to go that wasn't even harder. I had no clue you could run past the titanite demon in the blacksmith's basement.

You can literally backpedal out of range of his combo. Dodge back when he screams to announce his attack then backpedal a bit and cast. The only "hard" thing about a mage build is that every spell in the game has been nerfed into the ground at some point in DS2's lifetime so you'll hit like a wet noodle.

Gargoyles became piss easy when I summoned Solaire and Lautrec, and put some GOLD PINE RESIN on my +3 cestus. Fight ended within a minute.

Gargoyles are piss easy regardless, grab a dragon sword and just hack away.

You just position the gargs so that one is on the other side of the roof. Unless a gargoyle is on the peak the slant of the roof will block the flames. Once they start the flame attack you have a good window to focus on the other.

>+5 claymore
>gargoyle's tail is cut in one hit
claymore is a thing of beauty in DaS1

>phoneposting

There was a "bonfire" after every boss you beat in DeS you fucking retard

>owen wilson as solaire
>You think me odd? Well you wanna tangle hombre? that's just like your opinion man, let's praise it, man

It's my own retarded attempt at a challenge run though. Fist weapons only. No magic. Bombs and throwy shit allowed

>soulsfags
>space jam
>hard

i am aware that this is a thread made for the purpose of OP being bored, but the only hard parts in all of souls games are kalameet (just because you have to wait for him to land to get a hit), artorias since you dont get iframes ón your rolls and NPCs because they can cancel any move since ds2, bb and ds3 while you can't do shit.

it doesn't mean that the games are hard, it just means that you have to learn the pasterns and if you are not ready to learn them have fun parrying the same enemies over and over again until you "git gud".

never think less of yourself if a dark souls player tells you that you are a casual because they never played a game that requires skill.

t. dmc3 DMD SSS and NGB player

Capra has two things going for him. One is that he has friends.

Two is that he's on you as soon as you walk through the gate. No cutscene, no "take a few steps to get his attention", no watching him stroll towards you or make his way across a huge arena. Ready or not, the battle's on as soon as you step through that fog. There are actually not a ton of bosses in the series that are like that.

>use small tv/monitor on my desk for my first run of DaS
>go full retard and don't see the path to undead burg
>wind up heading towards the catacombs
>holy shit this is hard, but the internet tells me Dark Souls is difficult as fuck so here we go
>spend a few days slowly pushing through, managing to kill another enemy, die, kill another, die, repeat
>actually manage to get decently far, die on the drop to the tomb of giants a few times
>finally give up and look at a guide
>wreck shit and hardly die up to sens fortress
Doing an almost blind run of the game was one of the best experiences of my 20 or so years in gaming

>DS3 comes out
>I was really excited. I knew for sure something like that would happen where you have a ton of paths and no direction
>It would be all up to the player to figure it out
>Start up game
>It's 100% linear

>dark souls
>hard

i bet you first playthrough was you using havels

i seriously hope that the people in this thread that say "git gud"" are just trolling.

Your brain is full of fuck, stop watching shitty movies.

B-but remember the Nexus? R-remember Andre?! Do you remember the Maiden in Black and Patches and ORNSTEIN? DO YOU REMEMBER HAVEL? AND GYWNDOLIN AND THE GIANT SMITH AND ANOR LONDON AND GWYN??? DO YOU REMEMBERRRRRRRRRRRR?!?!!

>i play ds so that means i'm a real gamer

LOL

Out of my way souls fucking shits

why is dark souls considered hard?

>The only worse boss fight I can think of (besides Bed of Chaos) was the one against a load of skeletons with no actual boss in sight
i think you may have hallucinated this because i have no fucking clue what you're talking about

GIT GUD
I
T

G
U
D

It's the highlight of the game. The true final battle.
Everything afterwards is dull in comparison to the first half.

Beat him on the first try while kiting with a spear. Dunno why people said he's the hardest

I think he's talking about the three skeleton lords.

alonne is way harder imo

Alonne is like fighting a player with a washing pole and dark hand

Speaking of these knights, anyone got the DS girl tier list?

I literally tried everything until I used a rapier, fast roll, and stamina regen equipment

UHHHHHH EHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHH OOOOOHHHHH

I think I killed it by pure luck...

youtube.com/watch?v=8n3A-GlgrL4

You don't get his ring then though

dark souls threads are never good anymore

>Cred Forums threads are never good anymore
fixed

Capra himself isn't impossible,it's just the dogs which are the worst mob enemies in the Souls series. Fuck those dogs. I end up losing a good chunk of health just trying to get to the boss fight because of the two dogs in front of the area.

This. I don't get why people hate on Smelter Demon.

You're joking,right? DS3 as a whole was a thousand times more easier than DS1.

But that boss was way better than the Bed of Chaos

I agree. Each entry is easier than the previous one. The only reason I had and still have trouble with DS1 is because I'm a console pleb who's stuck with the low framerate.

Don't use lock on. It makes the boss way easier.

It's not impossible but it's not good.

>1 enemy combat is Souls games is shit

for pvp I agree
DaS2 showed me that more than 1 enemy is just fucking tedious though

I get all of those except Das2, what's going on here?

Gir gur

DaS2 is 'binoboosting', google it for the deets

>trolling

Why are you still using that term in fucking 2016?

Am I back in 2009?

>enter capra fight
>manage to roll my way to the stairs
>shield strafing backwards up the stairs to lure dogs
>both in front of me
>one of them lunges
>clips through my character model
>game registers it as a hit to my back
>fall forward
>deleted by capra

they're great and if you beat them, you can beat anything in dark souls

Quelaag was harder, with her I actually had to pay attention to avoid backing up into lava, had more varied attacks, and she was more relentless and getting an opening was a lot harder, I even needed to summon that butcher npc for it. O&S was pretty easy compared, just backpedal and tap ornstein whenever there's an opening, then do same thing with smough

Orn and Smough is literally just a patience test.

>THIS ISN'T EVEN A GAME! IT'S A TEST OF PATIENCE! FFFFFFUCCK! AYASS!

It's just shit detection unless you went adaptability ham.

Alonne is much more. Fun

What was that ring good for? The hornet gave you backstab/riposte damage. But I never figured what the lion ring did

I didn't get the DLC until NG++
He one-shot me at SL100 wearing the Havel's set

>Lion Ring
The Leo Ring boosts parry damage

step one greatshield
step two tank
step three spank
also you can buy a lighting resist ring the level before to make the fight even easier
step four >git gud

Aw shit i heard his voice.

What he means by Parry is when you attack someone while they are in the middle of an attack, they take more damage, and the Leo Ring lets Spears and Rapiers deal even more bonus damage there. It would probably be more appropriate to call it a Counter.

Penn and teller aren't that difficult, just go light armor and a long reach weapon.

What are their names again?

Biggie smalls

Quelaag was difficult only because, she would suddenly get very dangerous, Mildred was a retard who seemed to want to swim in lava. Some people don't know that her explosion attack actually inflicts magic damage.

Snorlax/Pikachu

bebop and rocksteady.

EL Gordo y La Flaca

Get your eceleb retards out of my board.

Arya stark and Sandor Clegane.

Ryder and Big smoke