Deus Ex 1 thread

Deus Ex 1 thread

Other urls found in this thread:

cwdohnal.com/utglr/
kentie.net/article/dxguide/files/DeusExe-v8.1.zip
youtube.com/watch?v=LiRK81KF_xU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your appointment to FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

Shh, you'll get the thread deleted

A BOMB

THEN STOP REMINDING ME I DON'T ACTUALLY PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME WHEN I KNOW I SHOULD

A BOMB'S A BAD CHOICE FOR CLOSE RANGE COMBAT

Play it NAO

GO PLAY IT user

I don't understand why this man's face and this expression in particular has such an abstract quality and flair to it, and such an unknowable charisma in this game's realm of samefaces

The sunglasses make him 100% more mysterious.

Yeah there is something really unique and cool about JC's face

I just started playing this, got to the second level and Anne keeps telling me to find another entrance. The only entrance I can find is the soda machine one but I don't have a lockpick. Did I miss anything?

no, that is what she is talking about, its optional anyways

Talk to the boy at the starting area and give him some food, he'll give you the code to that soda entrance

>tfw I want to replay it with GMDX but I remember everything about the game
I guess I'm going to wait another year

its literally john travolta with sunglasses

>tfw you'll never own a GEP gun irl

I just beat the game first time. AMA
also a tip for newcomers, when you're on a terminal you have to disable each camera manually. They dont go off together. It took me until the penultimate area to realize this.

>tfw you've got dude sex 1 on your laptop, your sole computer
>tfw the framerate ducks under 10 fps everywhere beyond the staten island level

I wanna finish it, but it's driving me nuts. Does anyone know how to optimize this game easily?

try a newer opengl/direct3d version
cwdohnal.com/utglr/

Try using kentie's launcher

kentie.net/article/dxguide/files/DeusExe-v8.1.zip

The current version is Deus Exe v8.1. Download: DeusExe-v8.1.zip. Download required Visual Studio 2015 runtimes: vcredist_x86.exe.
Place the contents of the DeusExe zip file in your Deus Ex 'System' directory. Examples of this are 'C:\Deus Ex\System' and 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Deus Ex\System'.
Readme, includes info on command-line options.

BITCH I AIN'T GOIN' BACK TO JAIL

IM NOT BIG INTO BOOKS

Thanks m8s, would've never thought to look up these.

use deusexe first actually, it might be bundled with the latest renderer

You're welcome bro

Has anyone here ever quoted JC Denton in real life?

Is this really the best pc game ? Does it hold up ?

Friendly reminder that Dishonored is the best Deus Ex game.

it is a game like stalker or dark souls which you have to actually get into to enjoy, might take many tries, the appeal isn't obvious. i wouldn't say its the best either but a lot of people really like it and it could be your favorite

>I've never played DX: the post

hi pete

>not EYE divine cybermancy

I WILL BURN LIKE THE BRIGHTEST STAR

Am I the only one who got chills down their spine hearing Page in a state of vulnerability?
He is willing to give JC and Everett anything they'd want, begging for his life.

I still trust Everett more than anyone else in Deus Ex.

that's the worst, even behind IW

Yes I've told my brother to get a job many times.

>I've never played Dishonored: the post
You're such a choffer.

play it you useless subhuman sack of shit

>trusting Everett
>after finding Lucius DeBeers
>after you're told pretty blatantly that he tried to make a power play during the Helios merger
why

To: #352129467
Re: sameface
Are you saying that the characters all look the same? Because thats retarded.

it was just a stupid comparison, calm down. eye isn't bad at all, but i have never played iw, is this a zelda tier meme where even though all the games are above average it isn't AS amazing or something?

>To: #352129467
>Re: sameface
what website do you think you're on

There's a faggoty trend around here that's just started and it's basically people refusing to reply to posts they don't like properly because for some reason they think causing (You) to show up on someone's screen is a sacred gift

I can see the doctored pixels, you... you... double choffer!

would it help if I said they don't

In a crate underwater.

Nice meme

It's better than trusting a crazed Chinese man who wants everything to go back to the dark age or becoming a full on god.

Everett strikes me as a man of his word even if he's after control.
At least he doesn't want everyone living in fear from the gray death or try to become a god for further control.

You're helping a power hungry man but a peaceful and caring one.

>Everett strikes me as a man of his word even if he's after control.

Again. Lucius DaBeers

Dishonored is just a crappier version of Thief

But with JC as a god humanity is saved from itself

>with JC as a god
Humanity goes extinct when he forces the hivemind meme.

Came here to post this

You gonna have to explain me because I don't remember Page ever begging for his life

>Everett strikes me as a man of his word even if he's after control.
>promises his friend he will revive him and restore him as head of the Illuminati, but really just plans to keep slowly dying in a mental prison so he could use him for advice
He's not very caring at all.

>Implying DeBeers wouldn't screw everything up
Have fun being homeless while dying of the gray death due to corruption from Page.

I'm not kidding.

>>Implying DeBeers wouldn't screw everything up

>implying that's the point
Everett is completely untrustworthy. He kept Lucius frozen and lied to him about unfreezing him, what makes you think you can trust him?

I don't think anybody is suggesting DeBeers would be preferable to Everett or Page, just pointing out that Everett's treatment of him proves that he's not trustworthy in the slightest.

>All right. I get the picture. You want a piece of the pie, or you're going to toss the whole pie out the window.
>You can have anything you want. How about Europe? Your own continent...
He says this when you're close finishing any of the ending objectives

>implying IW is bad

Requesting a pic of the cover for Human Revolution with the Final Fantasy 13 title shopped in.

youtube.com/watch?v=LiRK81KF_xU

He says that when you're nearly done with the New Dark Age ending, to be specific.

It's basically just one of those games few people have actually played but everyone attacks out of some obligation that it's the cool thing to do.

You have a single fact to back that up?

Okay. Where?

I can tell them you're a spy and they will kill you.

Aria is useless.
USELESS!

You take that back, mate.

>just stands there all day and whines about her stress levels
Is there a worse character in the Deus Ex series? I think not.

>Is there a worse character in the Deus Ex series?

She wasn't as fantastic as most people think, but at least Malik had an actual role in the story. And a nice gameplay sequence attached to her.