Cringy Shakespearean wannabe writing

>cringy Shakespearean wannabe writing
>every sentence ends in an awkward laugh

Holy shit the dialog in this is abysmal. They should have taken all of the NPCs out of the game.

No they shouldn't you fucking autist

>He said thou
>Shakespearean writing

Kill yourself

Not him, but dark souls games are fucking terrible. Only reason it's popular is because a whole generation of you retards do whatever the internet tells you.

That writing style was popularized by Shakespeare. Do you actually believe those japs know of any other English poets from back in the day? Britbongs themselves find that difficult.

Look I found the typical Cred Forums contrarian faggot

Pretty ironic that sentence coming from the likes of you, ever had an original thought?

>Shakespearean wannabe writing
Example? I'm not an enlightened fellow such as yourself.

I actually think the bizarre dialogue and characters add to the atmosphere. When you experience it for the first time it sort of adds to the feeling of everything being slightly "off", in a creepy and depressing kind of way.

It's not a writing style dipshit. It's literally how people spoke during the 16th/17th century .

no they're mediocre, they're popular because of memes but they have their moments

The game's lore and setting is heavily inspired by old English themes, cultural history, and Arthurian myths. Of course the NPC's are going to speak like non modern English people.

you don't play dark souls for the history

Hey fuck you buddy I bought it because the cover was neat and the name is awesome sounding.

Fuckin sword and shield guy with the title "Dark Souls" would've been an instant buy for me even in the 90s.

You're a big faggot op

Good b8. Either that or you two are literal retards.

>"not him but"
sure m8
what the fuck is a good game or not-mediocre game fro for you?
please enlighten us with your superior tastes

Why are you not allowed to criticize Dark Souls on Cred Forums?

You are. But calling anything in this thread "criticism" is an insult to the word.

Plz sauce on that image m8.

you play it cuz you a badass fucker who loves REAL challenge

>defending Dark Souls
Holy shit the cancer

there is a reason that they laugh, not our fault that youre too retarded to figure it out.

Because most of the criticism boils down to

>muh artificial difficulty
>muh clunky combat
>muh no story

They never list their favorite games, by the way, because otherwise they would get blown the fuck out.

Valid criticism for the Souls series is shit framerate (for consoles) and shit netcode.

Fuck off faggot offer valid criticism instead of meme posting

The whole point of Dark Souls is to become so overpowered that the game becomes easy. But you don't get to do that if you quit at the Asylum Demon.

>being this buttblasted
Catch me in another thread for actual discussion.

Why dont you go back to your Kingdom Hearts then you faggot? There you will find your QUALITY WRITING you urge so much. Better yet, go play some cult classic like Dark Cloud 2. EXCELLENT WRITING RIGHT THERE. Go fuck yo7rself or go to /lit/. If you play games to read you should masturbate anally as well.

Which doesn't even use the right conjugations and pronouns. Other than that though I really don't see what the problem is. The voice acting is decent and the NPCs express themselves just fine.

I know autism is a buzzword around here but are you actually autistic?

Because DS1fags are incapable of considering opinions that don't match their own.

I like Dark Souls because the lore is interesting, the world design is (mostly) good, and the gameplay is fun.

Neck yourself

So the time has come for Cred Forums to go full circle finally and shit on dark souls. I've been waiting for this day since people have started to shit on super metroid

>I've never played a Japanese game before

It's almost like they were conforming to another language's wording and syntax

Yeah. I actually have it got it sexually from your mom

because all the criticisms are usually fucking stupid, DS1 might be my favorite games but it has a fuck-ton of flaws but instead of bringing up those flaws we have complaints like this

People have always shat on Dark souls though. Same with Super Metroid.

That was fun, lads

VIT, tell me when you plan to go through Yahar'gul; I'd love to lend a hand

>I actually think the bizarre dialogue and characters add to the atmosphere. When you experience it for the first time it sort of adds to the feeling of everything being slightly "off", in a creepy and depressing kind of way.

Well said. You nailed it. The indirect way NPCs talk in that game adds a lot to the game, I feel. The dejected and sly way many of the characters speak made me feel like something was fundamentally wrong with the Dark Souls world, like it was a universe that shouldn't exist. The dialogue and mannerisms added to the ambiance of creating this harsh, cruel world, where everyone suffers for eternity. It made me feel like everything was pointless in an existential kind of way.

I don't know what the OP is on about calling the writing "Shakespearean wannabe". OP, have you actually read Shakespeare before? I sincerely doubt it. The writing in Dark Souls doesn't sound even remotely Shakespearean.

I would hesitate to even call the writing in Dark Souls "writing". There wasn't much of any plot, was there? I don't remember any story to the game. Only some information you pick up from the NPCs and from the descriptions of some of the items and weapons. No story or plot that I remember. Could be wrong though, it's been a while since I played it.

Dark Souls has very minimal plot, but a very extensive backstory.

This is a connection I'm surprised more people don't make. The whole world was meant to be permeated with a constant sense of dread, and the inevitability of failure. You showed up in a dying world, and you might be too late to help anyone in any lasting way. It was an atmosphere I found absolutely thrilling, and the whole experience of playing through it blind for the first time was simply magical.

I get that from Bloodborne, but not from Dark Souls.

>I don't know what the OP is on about calling the writing "Shakespearean wannabe".
He's probably nitpicking Priscilla and Alvina's dialogue and maybe the fact that the use of language by other characters can be kinda old fashioned sometimes (though hardly Shakespearean).

TIME FOR THAT ARGUMENT I'VE BEEN WAITING ALL DAY FOR

It's probably visual aspects then. Dark Souls wasn't afraid to splash some color here and there.

Although I'll agree, Bloodborne did that better. Oh, you'll save as many as you can before everything is fucked beyond repair? No, because you showed up to late to truly help.

>people spoke in elevated verse in the 16th/17th century