Why isnt there Black warriors in Ubisoft For Honor

Why isnt there Black warriors in Ubisoft For Honor

Other urls found in this thread:

unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0018/001842/184265eo.pdf
unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0018/001842/184282eo.pdf
unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0018/001842/184287eo.pdf
unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0012/001215/121577eo.pdf
unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0018/001842/184295eo.pdf
anthropology.artsci.wustl.edu/files/anthropology/imce/Marshall_and_Hildebrand_2002.pdf
researchgate.net/publication/235410801_A_developmental_history_of_West_African_agriculture
unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0013/001338/133843e.pdf
marxistnkrumaistforum.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/thornton-warfare-in-atlantic-africa-1500e280931800.pdf
healthpolicy.fsi.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/tsetse_working_paper.pdf
scholar.harvard.edu/files/nunn/files/the_long_term_effects.pdf
princeton.edu/~lwantche/The_Slave_Trade_and_the_Origins_of_Mistrust_in_Africa_Use_This_One
jambo.africa.kyoto-u.ac.jp/kiroku/asm_normal/abstracts/pdf/19-1/35-54.pdf
scholar.harvard.edu/files/blier/files/blier.pdf
collegeart.org/pdf/artbulletin/Art Bulletin Vol 67 No 3 Blier.pdf
faculty.risd.edu/bcampbel/Drewal-IfeOrigin.pdf
halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00701184/document
uu.se/digitalAssets/9/9650_FattovichAll.pdf
dskmariam.org/artsandlitreature/litreature/pdf/aksum.pdf
britac.ac.uk/pubs/proc/files/111p023.pdf
persee.fr/docAsPDF/ethio_0066-2127_2010_num_25_1_1412.pdf
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.374.313&rep=rep1&type=pdf
researchgate.net/publication/258161277_New_Pathways_of_Sociopolitical_Complexity_in_Southern_Africa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Otumba
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilij
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scimitar
pares.mcu.es/ParesBusquedas/servlets/ImageServlet?accion=41&txt_id_imagen=1&txt_rotar=0&txt_contraste=0&txt_zoom=10&appOrigen=&cabecera=N
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The same reason there aren't Hebrew warriors.

and why is that???? to the wider world there are only 3 races WHITE BLACK AND ASIAN and jew are white

ubisoft dosen't like black people or couldn't be bothered to put them in the game

not even memeing but zulu would be pretty awesome to see

you can make all of them black

kill yourself amigo

I'd play the fuck out of an African warrior.

I'd love to see what their spear chuckers can do with a sleeve of spears.

fuck those goofy ass bows tho.
I wish someone would do an effective study of and investigation into old African soldier armament.

We know Indians were batshit fucking crazy with their curry havin' asses.

>I wish someone would do an effective study of and investigation into old African soldier armament.
What do you mean? There are literally thousands of books on this. I have a dozen or so on my shelf right in front of me.

A good place to start is John K Thornton's 'Warfare in Atlantic Africa 1500-1800'

i really want to see this in the game now how can we make this nto one of those SJW bullshit

Well there's this

africa had some crazy as shit weaponry

wtf is this shit? no wonder these monkeys never evolved

SHOTELS
H
O
T
E
L
S

throwing weapons designed to inflict lethal wounds no matter how they landed allowing them to be tossed with more strength and less finesse

most african civilizations did not use metallic body armor, at least not for their infantry, so these types of weapons were perfectly valid

I actually wanted an African Monster Hunter

It's a good design, having done some test throws with reproductions they're quite like franciscas in terms of balance.

I want more shotels in vidya

But they do. You can make Vikings black.

is this the new elder scrolls I've been hearing about?

HOL UP

Vikings are pretty much nigger just with wrong skin color instead

its now about black PEOPLE its the weapons and fighting style and sheilds

They will come in DLC, just wait

Zulu and Mamluk DLC when?

>We wuz theives and rapists and shiet
Yes Jamal, yes you were

Were the vikings the first niggers?

OOOO SHAKA

Aztec warriors are also bretty cool

>you will never dress up like an eagle or wolf, arm yourself with an obsidian sword and shield and fend yourself against the white man

Why the fuck is there only 3 just look how cool this shit could of been they could of ene put a single play where u go hunting a jagar for that set

>you will never dress up like an eagle or wolf, arm yourself with an obsidian sword and shield and die from the sniffles

No that would be the germanics

and 2 of the 3 are from white cultures whe get all the time and game and movies we never see those african weapons

Every fucking time. When will this shitposting die.

>dress up in your best and most elaborate clothes
>grab your sharpest Macuahuitl
>charge the white stranger
>he pulls out a long metal tube
>smoke comes out, your best buddy dies out of nowhere
>does it again, your other buddy dead as well
>finally get close
>swing
>accidentally hit his breastplate
>weapon ruined, white stranger barely injured
>he cuts you down with his steel saber

bc the black crippled trans templar skin will be DLC for only $14,99

Das it mane. Also, Moches. Man, American/Latin American native warriors are the shit. Too bad they had zero immunity to the flu.
Also, , that's true. But, well, you know, that game has literal samurai wielding literal katanas against literal medieval european knights clad in literal steel breastplates. Don't know about you, but I'd gladly sacrifice some historical accurateness for the sake of gameplay.

>all this buttmad about vikings
>it was custom for every army of the time to loot villages for supplies
You're buying into catholic propaganda a thousand years later still

Using so much metal on weapons you're going to throw around in battle, probably getting lost in the process, is pretty dumb. There's still a spot of Savanna in Africa where they centuries before chopped down all wood for charcoal. It's surrounded by rainforests.

Not like the English were any brighter in that regard, but at least they didn't ruin their whole country.

>no black templars
>no black samurai
>no black vikings

baka do these white developers even read history books?

Any of you niggas wanna group up and play together on PC?

I don't have an invite for it. It's only on uplay, right? The beta.

If you want I can invite you. How many people can I invite?

I think I need to add you on Uplay though, yeah.

I've no idea how it works. Three, if you weren't invited yourself, I would guess.

But please try. Antopathos

so for african based classes which would fit best? We'd need 4

Zulu warrior with shield and spear seems
Ethiopian warrior with a Shotel, possibly dual Shotels is another possibility
Maybe a class based around the throwing weapons having them be used both in melee and in range, but to keep it more of a melee focused game require you to recover the throwing weapon if it needs to be used again (but useful as very powerful finishers)
And maybe an Ashanti warrior with a heavy 2 handed Akrafena (pic related)

Ethiopian Shotel warriors were apparently pretty wild at ripping mounted dudes off their horses

I'm down whats your uplay nigg

Looks good to me, man.

Here's what I thought for American/Latin American units:

>"warrior": aztec jaguar warrior with macahuitl and shield
>"tank": inca/moche warrior with big-ass two-handed stone or bronze club
>"ranged": mayan warrior with atlatl and short obsidian knife. atlatl darts also double as short spears, maybe for executions or something
>"the nimble guy": north american indian, apache or cheyenne or whatever, dual-wielding a tomahawk and a knife, maybe able to throw tomahawk

>were

Vikings suck because they were usually defeated in pitched battles and were ONLY good against unarmed people not because they sacked some shitholes and monasteries (protip: Irish christians sacked monasteries too so muh ebil cathopropaganda my ass).

Reminder that these were literally meant to be throwing dicks because even back then Africans loved to rape

get some khopesh up in here. egypt is africa afterall

There are a ton of great warriors that aren't in it. They just chose the top 3 ones that are obviously most popular.

Look up the deadliest warrior fighting game for an example of a good lineup

never go full WE

So sexy. I wonder why they never caught on.
Kukris seem to be still used nowadays so the axey-bladey combo must have some merit.

Ubisoft is sitting on a goldmine with this game
They can keep adding pairs of warriors from different cultures every ~6 months, there are a ton of posibilities and people would love it myself included

Sadly they'll find the way to fuck it up

sandwichtaker

They were at a disadvantage though, logistically. Transporting horses (much less an army) from Scandinavia to England wasn't an easy task, if they even could raise them properly at those altitudes during that time. Also, Vikings probably had smaller populations to draw soldiers from because of aforementioned reasons.

They still conquered England and sacked Paris, a walled city, multiple times.

would be interesting to figure out what sort of warriors each region would have
if the game is popular enough there could be expansion packs after all
China, India and the Middle East seem very obvious ones that could easily be represented (India would guaranteed have an Urumi user)
as mentioned already africa and mesoamerica would be similar to what's mentioned in the thread
SE-Asia and Indonesia could either be grouped or be represent separately, if indonesia independently probably a combo of indonesia and polynesia
if necessary a third european faction based on eastern europe or maybe even the ancient cultures

honestly everyone could get a representative, well save for the mongols and friends, to much focus on horses, archery and horse archers with them

I'm assuming northern africa would be grouped with the middle east and we'd get a Khopesh user with them

They sacked Paris only once.

>They still conquered England
Which, at the time, was almost entirely shitholes and monasteries.

khopesh are difficult to make out of iron and steel utilizing medieval forging techniques and are pretty bad against armor
that said the muslims did have a long standing culture of curved blades many of which can be considered more advanced version of the khopesh

>Jew = White

how did race even become solely based on colors?

how stupid do you have to be not to realize race is a matter of different variations of species, 'white' people are not jews, and jews are not 'white' people

>Sadly they'll find the way to fuck it up
Goddamnit
I really like what I see in the alpha

How do you use this thing?

you can use it as a sword for stabbing motions, as an axe for cutting ones and hook it around shields

you hit them with the sharp part

Possibly something like this

Hacking with the outer curved edge, Bludgeoning with the end of the "hook".

>niggers
>honor
It's bad enough already that they put women in. Not like I was going to play an Ubishit game anyways.

can someone show ubisof this thread cause fuck it its ubisoft anyway captain fuck up

There is always hope. I mean they mostly avoided fucking up R6 Siege.

>another person complaining about how blacks aren't at the center of everything

There are mongols, whites, and asians. Is that not enough diversity?

your knowledge of history is as dry as your humor.

Who gives a shit?

WE

Reading list for African history, courtesy of /his/

>unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0018/001842/184265eo.pdf
>unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0018/001842/184282eo.pdf
>unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0018/001842/184287eo.pdf
>unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0012/001215/121577eo.pdf
>unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0018/001842/184295eo.pdf

>Early agriculture
anthropology.artsci.wustl.edu/files/anthropology/imce/Marshall_and_Hildebrand_2002.pdf
researchgate.net/publication/235410801_A_developmental_history_of_West_African_agriculture

>Metallurgy
unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0013/001338/133843e.pdf

>Warfare in Atlantic Africa 1500-1800 (also anything else by J. K. Thornton is great)
marxistnkrumaistforum.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/thornton-warfare-in-atlantic-africa-1500e280931800.pdf

>tsetse flies
healthpolicy.fsi.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/tsetse_working_paper.pdf

>effects of the slave trades
scholar.harvard.edu/files/nunn/files/the_long_term_effects.pdf
princeton.edu/~lwantche/The_Slave_Trade_and_the_Origins_of_Mistrust_in_Africa_Use_This_One

>Nigeria and Ife
jambo.africa.kyoto-u.ac.jp/kiroku/asm_normal/abstracts/pdf/19-1/35-54.pdf
scholar.harvard.edu/files/blier/files/blier.pdf
collegeart.org/pdf/artbulletin/Art Bulletin Vol 67 No 3 Blier.pdf
faculty.risd.edu/bcampbel/Drewal-IfeOrigin.pdf

>Akan
halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00701184/document

>Ethiopia
uu.se/digitalAssets/9/9650_FattovichAll.pdf
dskmariam.org/artsandlitreature/litreature/pdf/aksum.pdf
britac.ac.uk/pubs/proc/files/111p023.pdf
persee.fr/docAsPDF/ethio_0066-2127_2010_num_25_1_1412.pdf
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.374.313&rep=rep1&type=pdf

>Zimbabwe
researchgate.net/publication/258161277_New_Pathways_of_Sociopolitical_Complexity_in_Southern_Africa

Multiculturalism is the best thing that happened to mankind.

WUZ

dat autism

>this whole thread
Is Cred Forums the most left of all the Cred Forums boards?

SHITPOSTING

My mistake, they were paid 250 kilos of silver in Tribute and were let to loot Burgundy

Anglo-saxons did have castles though. Primarily out of wood and soil though.

AN SHEET

No that's Cred Forums when they aren't being pandered to

How is this more effective than a straight sword

>Arrows pointing forward so you know which way to push the pointy end

Ashanti were casuals before casuals were a thing.

what's wrong with asking for a bit of creativity in games?
all around the world there's plenty of highly interesting weaponry and martial arts, especially compared to fucking vikings

Everything posted in here has, as far as I can tell, been factual.

>If you're not an autistic sperg that gets pissed about a digital skin color you're a leftist.
Even though the left does exactly that you're some how better?

Actually look like Orc weapons lol.

Incoming hipster wearing a mask mspaint

How the fuck do I even counter the guard break?
There is almost no time to use guard break yourself to stop the person and you can't fucking dodge it (everytime I tried I got stunned anyway) and somehow whenever I try to do this I need to be one fucking centimeter from opponent and if he even moves slightly it doesn't work.
I love everything else about this game but the fucking guard break is a retarded mechanic, so many times I almost killed the enemy only to get guard break by him and lose half of my fucking health or even get instakilled if it's close to an edge.

KAAAAAAAAAAAAANGZZZZZZZZZZ

African Weapons are cool tbqh. If they were in the game I could see them being more agility based sense they had light armor and grass skirts.

imagine some tribal motherfucker wielding those weapons charging
fucker throws that abomination and next thing you know your buddy is screaming and shitting himself because somehow it got lodged in 5 organs at the same time

you hide behind a shield because fuck this shit, he throws another one and it fucking hooks around the shield mid flight and still slices you open

sometimes we can all use a bit more orc

i want an argonian soldier to come home, sweaty and pent up after a long day of battling the enemy army, and grab me forcefully by the waist while I'm making our dinner, pulling me with no words into the bedroom while the water remains unattended on the stove.
Who will scream louder? The kettle, or me?
That's my fantasy.

>furries

>zulu warrior is agile, fast, has long range and a decent defense in his shield

I could see this be fairly op even if his damage output was low

stop shitposting there wasn't black samuri templars or vikings niggers were to stupid to be warriors

" smack lips"

>stop shitposting there wasn't black samuri
Yasuke user.. Granted hes the only nigga one but he's real.

HOL UP

There was a black samurai serving Oda Nobunaga called Yasuke.

Also
>vikings
>warriors

they were fucking pirates

Maybe his defense could be really low to make up for it.

How the fuck do i Warden?
I can't even do that double light attack they do if they get one Light in
Don't even get me fucking started on the Shoulder bash

>feel good to be white.

that gave me an erection,

feels bad to be ignored after contribootin uh dude?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

Nah.

id be fine if theres like a 1/1,000,000 chance of a spawned in samurai being black desu

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Otumba
yah

Any alpha extension due to the fuck ups earlier? I don't get home until late sunday, I want to play more.

Anglo Saxons did not have castles. They had Burhs, fortified towns.

Individual private fortified residences probably did exist in the later 10th and 11th centuries but they were also not castles.

Hill forts m8. Like Cadbury castle.

Also, Tintagel of the 8th century. They just recently dug that up. Although they might've been bretons or the like.

okay, i laughed heartily at this. Thanks user.

I guess a little

Don't capitalize black.

Tintagel in the 8th century would not be Saxon. Whether it being a defended elite residence makes it a castle is debatable.

Also a Hill Fort is not a castle, regardless of what name is later applied to it.

A castle is a private fortified residence that has specific socio-cultural meaning, it is not just a fortification. A hillfort or Burh or walled town is public, it's a very diffrent thing.

Cred Forums is so fucking deranged its incredible

This looks cool.

I doubt that any of those "hits" would've done any serious damage. Also, what's the point using a shotel when there's no shield involved? The same weight could be used for a straight sword for longer range and advantage.

they're going slower for demonstration
>Also, what's the point using a shotel when there's no shield involved?
because a curved sword is better at cutting than a straight sword

Why cut when you can stab out of their reach. Besides, the curve on that is so steep that it's redundant for better cutting. Unless you only want to cut an inch.

Cred Forums deserves death wtf how can you be autistic?

why are japs even in this game?

AYO

because cutting is more effective against lightly armored opponents than stabbing
>Besides, the curve on that is so steep that it's redundant for better cutting.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilij
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scimitar

Yeah but I want to fuck that Mei.

>A castle is a private fortified residence that has specific socio-cultural meaning, it is not just a fortification
no, a castle is just the anglification of castrum, literally just a fortification or military encampments

It's not as steep on the likes of a scimitar. In any case I think I'd rather stab the opponent from an advantageous position once than cut him multiple times to eventually incapacitate him. It's not like a longsword can't do that too.

>Who will scream louder? The kettle, or me?

Holy shit, that was a pretty erotic.

>citation needed.

there's plenty of scimitars that go to a 90 degree angle by the tip
>In any case I think I'd rather stab the opponent from an advantageous position once than cut him multiple times to eventually incapacitate him.
well cuts are significantly more effective against lightly armored opponents than stabs, especially when they can be done as quickly as that
>It's not like a longsword can't do that too.
that's a very broad definition, considering the longswords of the 13th century and 15th century are almost complete opposites of each other

I don't care about niggers but the Zulu Warriors were pretty exceptional. They would have worked in this game.

>butthurt weebs

>If you don't blindly trust an article with no sources it means you're a weaboo!

>there's plenty of scimitars that go to a 90 degree angle by the tip
I'm going to doubt their usefulness beyond that fancy way of CQB that was used against peacekeepers in Lebanon once.

I'd rather use any longsword than a scimitar.

They really wouldn't have. No armor, no two handers. Saracens could've worked, but this game works on memes, and heavily armored saracens wielding two handed weapons are too obscure for the casual gamer.

if they were shit they wouldn't have been used for as long as they were

>there are no sources because anglo editors can't read them
there you go
pares.mcu.es/ParesBusquedas/servlets/ImageServlet?accion=41&txt_id_imagen=1&txt_rotar=0&txt_contraste=0&txt_zoom=10&appOrigen=&cabecera=N

Kek

Roman and African Warriors when?

Normal ones, sure. But those deep ones, I doubt they were much more than ceremonial or a fad.

They were the tacticool of the ages past.

WE

WUZ

VIKANGZ

HE RACE ISNT THE ISSUE ITS THE WEAPONS AND FIGHTING STYLE

HOL UP

Who's your future battle husbando/waifu, user?

capped

thanks dood

Female Raider is great, but my main will always be male Warden

I'm pretty sure race is an issue

So far the Nobushi is my favorite.

But it's not, they just gave him the wrong set.

>black vikings

>white = aryan
haha fucking retard

So Duck Tracy is Mexican? Get the fuck outta here you triggered bitch.

Right now I'm having the most fun as conqeuer

how to get in beta

If they were going for historical accuracy I would agree.

Conqueror. I love maces / morningstars / flails and there is never enough in games.

its in a world where a war between the factions (Japan, Vikings, and English Knights) have consumed the world with there empires spawning fucking ever corner of the world.
So yes black vikings.

I hope you and your fucking family get cancer and die off so the world doesn't have to suffer your genetic stupidity.

That's a little aggressive.

desu I have seen way more people complaining about SJWS than actually SJWS.

this 2bh

>black-smiths
:^)

yep

>picked vikings
>saw conqueror
>played that shit
the playstlye, the counters, the executions, roleplaying a Penal Conscript dirtly doing scummy things to turn things in my favor

I love the bad good guy thing. Hopefully my alpha pick won't lock me in the final game

>lock me in the final game
I don't follow.

If you pick a faction now (like me in vikings) does that mean in the release does that carry? Warlord and Valk seem cool but Conq and Lawbringer tho

You can reach around shields and cut easier, which in the lightly armored deserts of egypt is more useful than penetrating straight edges.

I threw this together

Nice user, Id play those classes.

>3 polearms
>3 shields
>only one with any actual armor
>no true heavy dude
For the last reason alone 0/10
I need muh big bodies.

D'Mon Stith is like the only guy who has any expertise at all in African martial arts and I asked him a while back about two handed swords in Africa and he said the only thing he was aware of was a ceremonial elephant-killing sword from Sudan that was like comically huge.

Plus I can find lots of interesting looking African weapons but I can't find any art of dudes actually holding them, which is annoying.

If I ever learn to draw I'll get on that.

You don't pick a faction. You just play whatever characters you want to play. Also all of your data is wiped at the end of the alpha.

>some swol-tyrone looking fuck swinging around a mega zweihander
Would rock with but not switch over to from holy justice: 7.4/10

then why does it say so?

Maybe it's just the faction you play the most?

nope its the one I picked in the prompt but as you can see i play conqueror almost exclusively since no one plays that style yet

That's strange. It never asked me to pick a faction.

Just throw in clubs and maces, sure are a lot of spears there.

First time I launched the game I had to pick a faction too

memes mimic real life user, if want the meme to end you can go the Cred Forums route or the final fantasy one

The "nobushi" looks like he's wearing a conquistador helmet made of wicker.

>he
All hybrid classes are genderlocked. Nobushi and valkyrie are female only, lawbringer is male only.

Only reason I ain't getting the game, huge missed opportunity. They'll get my money if they're added as dlc later on

>wanting these tribal shits
Warborn's Warlord has a shield and sword, there are only so many mechanic variations you can have with sword & board be that a pick, club, sword, etc. I'm honestly impressed with how they've made 2 handed swords all feel and play different but even I can see that there's a limit.