ITT: The dumbest decisions in gaming history

Putting the sequel to your very well-received game on the Wii U as an exclusive is pretty much a franchise-destroying move in my opinion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XSOrQUo3s20
youtube.com/watch?v=R3L7cbVKhbQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was either that or no Bayo 2 ever.

they didnt "put" shit
Nintendo was the only company willing to front the cash

Nintendo enjoy killing franchises

This.
Blame Sony and Microsoft for not being interested on the series.

the gift that keeps on giving

He knows.

This is some cheap ass old bait, and you know that.

Don't respond to this shit, because all it does is tell people like OP that their bait is working and thus perpetuates platform shitposting.

Reading this thread.

>tfw I literally got bored of the game after 2 hours
Will never understand how people like instanced games with hundreds of fights that play out exactly the same of spamming the exact same moves from the start of the game until the end.

Just because you can spam the same moves doesn't mean you should. The combat has a fuckton of combo options and just because you're too dumb to utilize instant weapon switching properly isn't a fault of the game.

>hundreds of fights that play out exactly the same of spamming the exact same moves from the start of the game until the end.
Why not, you know, vary it up? The game grades you, you know.

I honestly don't believe their only way to ever make Bayo2 was selling the IP exclusively to Nintendo. Sure everyone else didn't want to back up the project at the time because Bayo1 never sold well, in fact i don't think many platinum games ever sold well.

They could have found a publisher and some one to back the project if they waited for a while or kept pushing the idea.

Now they have a Loved IP pinned to a company that most people don't even care a bout and used all the money to make a bunch of shit licensed games, all of them copies elements from Bayo, who also sold like shit and were terrible, every single one of them.

The only thing keeping them afloat is Scalebound and the new Nier, which are also coaming on multiple platforms. I hope platinum has learned their lesson, too bad one of my favorite franchises had to die for that to happen.

Sega still owns the IP, thats why one of the intro screens is a Sega Logo. Nintendo does not own anything.

Sega still owns the IP
Nintendo owns Bayo 2

They didn't sell the IP. Nintendo stepped in to act as the publisher for the game since no one else wanted to, that's all.

>2016
>people are still mad about this ...
the wii u has more games than the ps4, fucking buy one already
or wait for the nx that will probably be retro compatible in some form

Transformers is good, looting and broken score system aside.

But Nintendo was legitimately the best option. They offered full creative freedom to platinum along with a huge budget and marketing. Who else would do that besides Sony/micro who weren't interested?

Fun fact: platinum designers made the Nintendo costumes non-sexy out of fear of offending their publishers. When platinum sent the rough designs to Nintendo, Nintendo advised to make the costumes sexier to better fit bayonetta.

Sometimes Nintendo's actions are baffling

Paying to make the sequel to a very well-received game an exclusive for the Wii U is pretty much a console-selling move in my opinion.

Not really here to debate, just to make note of something.

Bayonetta started multiplat and then went Nintendo exclusive last minute and got into Smash right away. Something I doubt Kamiya even cared much about.
No More Heroes started with Nintendo and moved to multiplat and didn't get into Smash, and Suda wanted Travis in.

Admittedly I think Suda and Kamiya are both familiar with disappointment enough by now they don't care how things pan out, and Suda wants to HD remake NMH apparently so he might still get exposure.

Well Bayo won the poll, once you ignore dumb shit like people thinking Goku was a viable choice. I like Travis, but he wouldn't have fit as well anyway.

I'd say in that situation it's less "baffling" and more "awesome"

Nintendo in Japan isn't completely as retarded as NoA is.

Can't believe people are STILL butthurt about this.

What can I say that hasn't already been said ITT?
Bayonetta 2 wouldn't even exist and the series would be dead without Nintendo's help, so stop being entitled.

I can give you dumber not wanting support the development of Bayo 2.

>still butthurt years later because you're too poor to buy a WiiU

Good to know. At least the franchise might be salvageable after all.Still sucks that Bayo2 is pinned to the wii U, guess I'll have to wait for a Wii U emulator.

It was literally a extremely poor man's bayonetta. It also could have been much more.

More like closed minded if you could get a PS4 or Xbone I can't see how a WiiU would be out of anyone's budget or maybe mommy and daddy just allow one console per generations.

>It was literally a extremely poor man's bayonetta. It also could have been much more.

Something that is not as good as something else, doesn't make it bad.

>guess I'll have to wait for a Wii U emulator.
Shouldn't be much longer.

You do realize that Platinum Games work as contracted third party developer that don't really lose money on the games they develop right? Games like Anarchy Reigns, TW101 etc. bombing isn't their problem, it's the publishers'.

it also had to be good on it's own, which it wasn't.

Hopefully

True, but at least those games were actually good, every game after bayo2 was either mediocre or straight up garbage.

Ah, Bayonetta, the queen of salt.

There is no way someone who isn't an idort would be fine with her.

Sony fans obviously hate the fact they got only the worst port of the first game.
Xbox fans (as few as they may be) hate the fact they never got the sequel
PC fans are mad they never got anything other than the 2D 404 mini-game on Platinum's website.
Nintendo fans, or at least Smash fans, are mad that Bayo is OP as fuck in Sm4sh.

All hail Bayo, our queen of Salt.

Seriously, Cemu's getting better.
youtu.be/XSOrQUo3s20

i think the really dumbest decision is putting your insterest in only one console when other options also have games that you're interested

Well actually it is their problem, if they continue to make shitty games that don't sell, no publisher will want to work with them and therefore they will have no work and go bankrupt.

NoJ censored that compile heart emblem game tho

Dumbest decision in gaming history was the 32x

>It was literally a extremely poor man's bayonetta. It also could have been much more.
Except it had combat improvements from Bayo like WW changing position and how vehicle/movement works.

I don't know why you people are so angry. It's not like the system you currently own is any better. Whether it's on PS4, Wii U or Xbone, it's on a platform that sucks. Yes, your fucking platform sucks, you bought an expensive door stopper that either plays Mario, Bloodborne or multiplats that exist on the PC. Yeah it really is too bad Bayonetta 2 is stuck on Wii U, otherwise we could play it alongside a bunch of multiplats that exist on PC and the fourth Uncharted. A real shame.

i don't think OP is old enought to know about that, let alone that sega did consoles in the past

It was that and CD and Saturn stealth releasing and not telling anyone about it and the whole SoJ/SoA beef.

What if I'm 3/4 of an idort (no Xbone)?

As long as you have a good PC you don't really need an Xbone. You don't miss out on anything. Any handhelds to speak of?

I know it's bait, but it being on Wii U is literally only reason it exists.

There were no sales on """"""real""""" consoles of the first one to solidify Bayonetta as a franchise to interest investors.

Just fucking do it like the rest of us and wait for decent emulator, it's close.

No, that would be the Virtual Boy.

I don't know why people keep throwing their hopes, dreams, and money into VR. Outside a handful of enthusiasts with more money than sense, it's never caught on and likely never will.

Yeah the Saturn's release was maybe the biggest blunder a console manufacturer who was already competitive with a previous generation ever made.

>no significant time ahead advertising
>oh it's out now, I guess
>forcing devs to focus more on 3D games, even though the console was created to maximize the potential of 2D games, which is why it had better Capcom arcade ports than the PSX
>not launching with a real Sonic game

At least Virtua Fighter was good. Same with the controller.

Everything. New 3DS, a cracked old 3DS, and a Vita. I get use out of all three. And I play games on my phone when I'm waiting for the bus.

>niggers STILL MAD about this

i mean they still mad about bein slaves too i guess this almost makes sense

This, it's exactly that's why..

Apple Pippin was arguably the worst, given it only sold 42,000 units. But yeah, virtual boy and VR are massive failures. VR will always fail.

Yeah, you're pretty much an idort. I think anyone denying that would be silly.

Its just a shitty DMC clone so good riddance.

DMC5 when?

In 2012 the Wii U and Vita were still considered viable consoles when this was announced. PS4 and Xbone weren't even a thing.

If there is a DMC5, it'll be either mobile or pachinko.

Pick your poison.

I pick mobile

>still salty

Sega of Japan vision was really limited. They created the saturn to beat Pce and sfc in Japan and forgot about the west.

They didn't sell the IP retard, Nintendo was the only one who were willing to fund it and put it on their console.

Which means I get to be immune from the salt.

I'm probably going to get the NX, too. Probably won't get a PS4 Pro or Scorpio, though. I'm not enough of an idort to fall for the 4k console meme just yet. Plus I want to wait until 4K tv's are more affordable.

The PSX was still on the way, though. They should have taken it more seriously.

>I honestly don't believe their only way to ever make Bayo2 was selling the IP exclusively to Nintendo.

You can believe what you want, but it is what it is.

If it makes you feel better, Bayonetta's exposure in Sm4sh will probably keep her in the limelight long enough for Platinum to maybe consider making a third game. Probably.

>opinion
It's a fact.

Bayo couldn't run on ps4 due to its hardware being the same as the ps3
This is fact.

Bayo 2 is one of the best games I've played in years, stay man Sonygger

I don't understand. It's been like 2 years now, how is it that people are STILL salty over this?

This was added to the emulator 3 weeks ago

youtube.com/watch?v=R3L7cbVKhbQ

in 3 weeks it went from being unplayable to this, amazing.

I'll probably get an NX, as I tend to get every Nintendo console.

Because to play the game you had to buy a Wii U.

Yes, and? Consoles are worth buying when they get good games.

This board fetishizes exclusives.

Why do you think Bloodborne threads are still so popular?

If it's what I want, and what a lot of the rumors are pointing towards (a hybrid home/portable console, where it detects which you are set to and adjusts the performance accordingly) then I will probably nab it day 1. Especially for Zelda.

Any other games rumored to come out at launch. As strange as this sounds, I'm not really a Zelda fan. Never have been.

Not being a Zelda fan isn't strange just shows your not into the series but I would too like to hear anything else planned I think they also said a port of Smash WiiU is also planned.

Google cemu

We already have mobile and pachinko DMC games.

Platinum's action games are basic anyway.

They do their best stuff when they experiment outside of the box.

W101 is their best.

then it will be a new mobile game that gets you bonuses if you conect it to a new pachinko machine

Holy fuck this thread blew up.

I guess I said that because most Nintendo fans usually are. I always hear everyone raving on about it, yet I'm one of the few that don't. Well, good to know I'm not strange I guess.

Would you consider getting that port of Smash Wii U?

I had that in mind when I posted what I did actually, user. Good taste.

Though you might want to lynch me when I tell you I also profusely enjoyed Star Fox Zero

>I think they also said a port of Smash WiiU is also planned.
I think that's just a rumor

Is the grapes a drug metaphor?

Most posters fall into the 15-17 age bracket or are from third world shitholes like Brazil and Eastern Europe.