What was the point of this Aladdin-wannabe fuck?

What was the point of this Aladdin-wannabe fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Md1w95k5qeY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

weird abs?

SE felt fans would respond better to a young protagonist.

To have someone that needed plot points explained to him so that they had a reason to explain plot points

SE was concerned that Japanese players would not be interested in playing it without a character that looked a bit more typical JRPG. So that's why, and also why he has little to do with the main game. Still a good character, with a great design.

They thought it'd appeal to the female audience.

Better than the FFXIII approach at least of "Put everything in the codex, people read those, right?".

it's better to have someone ask questions instead of forcing you to read 100 pages of logs
ever played ff13 and wondered why you dont undertstand anything and why everyone behaves like idiots?

because no one is questioning them

But Basch was in a prison for fucking ever. He wouldn't know what was going on in the world, either, so it works just as well.

Hell, there's even that bit where you're going around pretending to be Basch to spread rumors. Wouldn't it have been better and more direct if it was just Basch doing it? Who the fuck would believe this stupid kid going around shouting I'M BASCH FON RONSENBURG OF DALMASCA

It's kind of upsetting because the rest of the world was fleshed out so well. The intrigue was well done. But there's just this dumb fucking kid who has no real relevance to the plot, even in the scenes he's in, just to have an easy excuse to dump exposition.

To have that one conversation with Ashe like 80% through the game.

A talented writer should be able to neatly weave the plot into the game, especially a series known for such lengthy cutscenes. No exposition fairy needed, or abuse of Codex.

Vaan and Penelo are great. Two kids who have no buisness being involved. And their redesign in FFTA2 was great.

He was to be the audience to the political drama the rest of the cast was involved in. We play through his eyes.

Is there anything that doesn't have that one character that everyone has to explain the setting to?

He's you, faggot. The vapid pile of shit that needs everything explained to him in a story.

It was Final Fantasy's attempt at making a self insert silent protagonist like you see in games such as Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest or Suikoden. But in true Final Fantasy fashion, they tried to 'improve' the idea of a silent protagonist by making him talk and be a part of the story. Thereby killing his entire purpose.

He's the Luke Skywalker of FFXII

Japan needs a twink to be the MC in every game. Although Vaan has like 0 relevance to the plot and may as well be a side character

And the think Basch was originally intended to be the MC.

His purpose was to warn of Ondore's lies

To help Ashe grow as a character. She would never stop PMSing if he wasn't there.

what do you mean "intended" because he basically is once he enters the party.

He was supposed to be the main character from the start of the game. No sign if Vaan.

Also AS the game stands, the real MC is Ashe.

but who was MC?

Although when Ashe enters to the scene the spotlight goes to her.
Meanwhile, Balthier: I'M THE LEADING MAN LOLOLOL

It really had the most unbalanced and confusing ensemble caste ever.

Vaan, no matter how much people complain.

Ashe just becomes the focuses of the story. Sort of like how X's story really revolves around Yuna even though Tidus keeps claiming it's his story.

youtube.com/watch?v=Md1w95k5qeY

FF12 music doesn't really feel like it belongs anywhere. During gameplay it isn't so obvious but when you listen to it elsewhere it really stands out.

That's the POINT!!!

OMG wow the beauty in FFXII is that you're not some super soldier or some fag super saiyan. You're just a regular guy caught up in a bigger plot than himself. That's why XII is so amazing. You plebs need to learn to appreciate a great story.

UGH. OMG. Why can't u people just let me hate a game 4 no reson?!?!

jeeze... u no u culd give some gud reason 4 hating this game... instead of blindly hating on it
*talk to the paw

*tilts head*
u ok?

>> I wanna be a Sky Pirate

What did Vaan mean by this?

Ashe is the best female lead of Final Fantasy, this is subjective. You can argue this.

to make my dick happy

And then it turns out Vaan has the best physical stats on the team for some reason.

Basch was the original protagonist at one point till some dip decided he was too old and gruff looking to appeal to JP players.

This is why Penelo and Vaan seem completely useless in the grand scheme of themes, they were inserted after the fact.

but Ashe has the best stats overall, her strength and speed are a little lower but magic related stats are higher. Her skirt is also pretty high too.

His abs are chiseled as fuck

I liked the codex

more like deformed. Don't know what's going on their.

damn the texture for Vaan was so shit I hope they fix him in the HD PS4 update.

Its honestly fucking embarassing the ps4 re release looks nowhere as good as a maxxed out ps2 emulator

>start FFXII
>oh shit this is going to be... FUN
>the real game starts
>oh shit... this is worse than shit

She's a far better and more nuanced strong independent womyn character than Lightning.

I like how this is the actual answer to the question but the other kids are too hyper to read it.

Va'an and Penelo were added mid-development by request of SE's marketing team. This is why they have absolutely no reverence to the story. This pissed off a lot of people, and even caused the Director to quit. The director at the time wanted a real man's tale about war.

>could of had a final Fantasy game with 4 good, likeable characters.
>instead we got Penelo and vaan, two of the most boring final fantasy characters evert created.

I still enjoyed the game but it could of been better.

FFXIII trilogy is a mess so I'm not surprised.

At least serah was good fap fuel.

Vaan and Penelo were definitely the C3PO and R2D2 characters, or Tahei and Matashichi from the Hidden Fortress, albeit less goofy and mischievous. I think they were meant to be in the party from the start, just Vaan wasn't going to seriously be the primary player character.

Better than Yuna and Garnet too