Assassin Creed

So how the fuck is Ezio not related to Altair?

Other urls found in this thread:

assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Miles#Ancestry
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How is someone not related to a random person

Why would he need to be?

It's a retcon.

It even says on the back of Revelation's box that Altair is Ezio's ancestor.

Not op but can Desmond only go back to his ancestors past? Which means both Altair and Ezio are his ancestors.

Bruh, the game has been shoving it in your face he's his ancestor and even his armor is placed in his families villa. Explain how he's even able to see ghost images of him too in revelations if he truly isn't related.

You're point?

How the fuck is he not? Games explain it pretty well.

Revelations pissed me the fuck off. The whole ending was a plot hole.

At the beginning, Clay says that Desmond has to finish the genetic memories of Altair and Ezio to wake up. He doesn't do this at all.

The Altair memories he experiences aren't genetic; he just imprinted specific memories on those pieces of Eden that anyone could view. As for Ezio, we all know that the end of genetic memory is when your ancestor gets laid, as we saw in AC2.

So the Sync Nexus at the end has absolutely nothing to do with what Clay said in the beginning.

That doesn't mean that Altair is Ezio's ancestor.

For example, Ezio could have boned someone who was and eventually that bloodline could lead to Desmond.

It's just shitty writing though, lets be honest.

Why would they do that?

Can't fathom the point of doing such a thing

>You're
Disregarded.

The scar, user.

Continuing this post.

I hate, hate, HATE how they retconned there being two Apples. I know that there's always been multiple ones, but the one Altair, Ezio, and Desmond found were all supposed to be the same one.

They just fucking killed the mystery as to what Altair was hiding in the vault at the end of Revelations with the reveal of the second Apple. We expected a REVELATION, some new secret. It was said to be a weapon that could end the Templar-Assassin war. We thought it would be either a new Piece of Eden, or maybe some knowledge about them or the First Civilization, but nope.

It's just the fucking Apple, identical to the one Ezio found. At least he had the same reaction to me, "fuck it, I give up" and quit being an Assassin on the spot.

Yeah, apples weren't special anymore, being in every game so far. I was expecting the Sword of Eden

Revelations is probably weakest part of Ezio's saga but I enjoyed it anyways.

>How are they not related?
Because ezio and Altair are from different families who married.

XX YY Completely unrelated (Ezio&Altair)
/\ /\
X.---Y. Kids of Ezio and Altair (Married)
/\
XY Desmond

the scar is simply a design choice

in my quest to answer your question I bring you this instead
read the Ancestry portion

assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Miles#Ancestry

It was short
It has a small map
There were only five Altair missions, they all took place in Masyaf, they were all short, and their events had been spoiled in a seemingly unrelated book released two months prior to the game's release.

Wasn't the original plan that they were related, but it got changed later?

Yeah, it was changed in Revelations.

This still doesn't explain the fact that Ezio was able to see ghost images of Altair at the beginning of the game.

How the fuck can he see this without being related at all?

Developmental dissonance.

Vibraresonance malfunction which is explained in 3 or Black Flag.

Huh, I must have missed that. Still, that's an asspull.

Wasn't it because of his eagle sense or some shit?

Then again if that was the case he shouldn't have only saw Altair

The fact that they're both ancestors of Desmond does not mean they're related.

Your mother's mother's mother's mother's mother was probably not related to your father's father's father's father's father, for example.

Why was the Sword of Eden in Unity so lame?

Because they shoehorned it in

op thinks because his parents are cousins everyone else is that closely related to one another.