For the ones interested in Automata, Play the original Nier. It´s really good. Worth every minute

For the ones interested in Automata, Play the original Nier. It´s really good. Worth every minute

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6OPW-RdzStA
youtu.be/V1CjxQXXA7o
twitter.com/RPGSite/status/776993714078031872
youtube.com/watch?v=6gilH6f2hHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't have a PS3, any solutions?

Is the game itself gestalt at least

go for 360 if you have that

Have a 360?

Unfortunately don't have that either. I skipped over that generation of consoles. I'm really hoping for a PS4 or Steam port. Also should I play the Drakengard series prior to Automata?

The Drakengard games are not good, you're better off reading up or watching an LP. You only need to know what happens in Drakengard 1 ending E as it ties directly into Nier.

>Drakengard 1 ending E
youtube.com/watch?v=6OPW-RdzStA

Just see this is enough? I'm going to make the B ending and still don't know exactly what happened to the world

Aright, I'll look into that later. Thanks.

Why would anyone play Automata but NOT play Nier?

wait for the inevitable remaster

Newfags who only see graphics and think oooh shiny

the people without access to the consoles are probably the only legit cases, but even then if you don't live in a Third World country they're pretty damn cheap

It took me a while to finally play it, but when I did it wrecked me for a solid month.

I will resist my temptation to play Automata until I can get my hands on Nier.

i want to, checked all second hand stores around me and neither had it for 360 or ps3 (i have both)... guess i'll have to get it off ebay. which one is cheaper, 360 or ps3? it's a shame it's not available digitally because i don't like waiting.

why? when even the creator of nier says to watch a playthrough on youtube because of how the gameplay is

Why is it so expensive? I shouldn't have to play ~35€ for for a 6 year old game

>Find a copy of Nier at the Goodwill
>Play through the intro
>Get to the lady singing at the fountain
>Never leave the fountain

youtu.be/V1CjxQXXA7o

Really? where did it come from?
IMO the gameplay is very fun and unique. And, of course, the history is really good and well made (except for a moment when the game turns into a text adventure. This part is boring as fuck)

He's full of shit. The only thing he said close to that was that it /might/ be better for new players to just jump into Automata as the new game's plot might even confuse players of the first game. That does not translate into "watch the first game on Youtube".

twitter.com/RPGSite/status/776993714078031872

I guess he said something like this during a TGS livestream.

Wow, the user up here really got it wrong

People really trying to act like Nier's gameplay isn't fucking horrible and trying to deflect the point to

>you won't play because of graphicsss!

This is how i know they didn't play the game at all.

Eh not really, in the very early Automata interviews he did say that about Automata's story. Anyone who was there remembers.

Strange he would say watch it on YT though, there's alot to the game you'd miss if you do that.

Isn't there a tranny in NieR? I won't play games with degenerate shit like that.

PS now on PC
or just watch a playthrough
the game is really all about the aesthetic and music which you can appreciate without actually playing
the gameplay is nothing special

>IMO the gameplay is very fun and unique.

Nice description m8. Is that how shit the game is you can only use 2 generic words to describe it?

Kaine is a hermaphrodite, not a tranny.
She was "created" with a dick and tits

>PS now on PC

!!!!!

Will look into it! thanks!

I have full confidence in saying that automata will be the best video game ever created

You didn't play many games if you honestly think NIer's gameplay is anywhere close to being horrible

>All that money spent making a game just to tell people years later to watch it on YT

vidya as a medium is pretty fucking sad desu

That Mio cat though

English is not my main language. I'm literally lost for words.
I just can't see all this horrible gameplay you guys are talking about. It just felt good for me.

It plays like an old school PS2 arpg

kids who werent there in that era will think its bad

THIS so hard

It really isn't that bad though, you have a decent amount of offensive and defensive options and the hitstop makes hitting things satisfying, something which even action games can't even get right half the time.

>talk to her
>singing stops but music plays on
>walk away
>music fades out
technology!

Well the combat mechanics are defeintiely bad. But they're unique and that's worth it. not to mention the various points through the game where the camera changes and the gametype along with it.

Nier is a loveletter to everyone who was there to experience games from the beginning and onward.

>mfw reading all those stories in Grimoire Nier

Hey pc friends, for those of you looking to get into the series, heres some good tips ______ ____ POPOLA AND DEVOLA DIE BY NIER

But then you never get to hear this
youtube.com/watch?v=6gilH6f2hHk

If anyone plans to play this I'd advise not bothering with side quests.

99% of them are some bullshit repetitive shit

The only downsides to a Taro game is that you have to have an understanding of the entire universe, playing all related games, reading all related material such as manga/books to get the full picture.

While this is cool for diehard fans of a series, for someone like myself who just plays vidya as they come it's a shame i'm missing out on all of the depth.

I recommend doing 100% of them.
Makes the last ending better.

Are you really gonna act like the bullshit fetching was justifiable for some few interesting snippets?