It's the best gen 8 console. And it's really not even close

It's the best gen 8 console. And it's really not even close.

Yes, I'm glad I didn't fall for the Sony shilling and hard marketing push.

Pretty fun console, quite cheap too (at least where I am).

It really isn't.
I mean, it's a great console and it beat PS4 for the longest time, but PS4 is about to actually get some games. (Nier, Nioh, Tales of Berseria)
Bayonetta 2 and a great user interface can only keep it above the rest for so long.

I can see PS4 pulling ahead just because PS4 actually has new games coming out. But the first three years of PS4/Xbone have been pathetic IMO.

Pretty much. I have all three consoles and I currently just have MMC for Bone, a few games for PS4 and a sizeable stack for the wiiU. This is however starting to change though, since this is the year the wiiU is being put down and an interesting selection of PS4 games are coming. I have no interest in the Pro though. Have had a PS4 since launch and even that wasn't worth the money. Not giving them $400 MORE for slightly shinier graphics, especially since I still feel burned by Sony up till now.

Yeah, but it was the best gen 8 console for the majority of time until the "upgrades" came.

>but PS4 is about to actually get some games
Meaning it doesn't have enough to compete at this point.
This generation is going to be hitting it's 4th year in a traditionally 5-6 year cycle and each one is a fucking disappointment

This desu.

>It's the deadest gen 8 console. And it's really not even close.
Ftfy

I just looked at the top 30 best selling games for PS4.

17 are games where you shoot at people with guns.

5 are annual sports games (fifa, madden, 2K)

3 are annual assassin's creed games

3 are at least the third game in a franchise (and in Mortal Kombat's case, the 10th).

This leaves the port of Minecraft, and Infamous Second Son as the most unique games in the top 30 for PS4.

I think video games are in trouble guys.

>This generation is going to be hitting it's 4th year in a traditionally 5-6 year cycle and each one is a fucking disappointment

>yfw you didn't fall for the 8th gen meme

It's incredible how many games i still have to play with just an Xbox360 and a crappy laptop

Oh the Wii U is unequivocally dead. There is one more hit game coming out for it and most people will probably just want the NX version.

Unfortunately, the handful great games we got is all we'll get.

But we're rounding out year 3 on the other systems and the number of great games can be counted on one hand.

Gen 7 was pretty great. The 360 was a pretty great, normal ass gaming console that didn't cost an arm and a leg. The Wii did it's thing. The PS3, though expensive, was a great blu ray and media streaming box.

This gen though, it's like the graphics got a little bit better but everything else got worse.

Can't argue with that

Now that the 8th gen is ending soon I agree that it was the best of that gen. Now who's gonna win during the 9th gen : Scorpio, PS4P or NX?

>Scorpio, PS4P

I don't know about these two. They're just going to run higher resolution versions of Gen 8 games.

>Just like the PS4 and XBone just do for Gen 7.

It's kind of sad that a dead console on the same level as ones that are currently being supported. Is 8th gen the worst generation for video games yet?

Consumers are the real losers here, not any particular console maker.

I've only played as far back as NES, but for me so far, this is easily the weakest generation.

whatever you say buddy.

It's a decent secondary console if you pirate everything. If it's your primary gaming system I feel sorry for you.

Same, that's as far back as I've played. This is definitely the worst gen for me. Maybe the crash of 83 is worse though, what with all the ET clones and what not. I wouldn't know as I was born 4 years after that.

I'm fine. I've put in 300+ hours into Xenoblade X so far, it's keeping me occupied until some PC/3DS games I like come out.

I have a PS4 but use the Wii U way more.

Wii U is great for parties. Tons of local multiplayer games and Wii Motes are a dime a dozen unlike $60 per extra controller.

The PS4 basically gets used for Redboxing blu rays on date night.

Bloodborne was pretty cool too I guess.

My condolences.

No need, I'm having fun. I'm trying to make a good ground gear build so I can take on some tougher tyrants. Already beat Telethia in a skell at level 99 and want to try my hand on ground.

What are you playing at the moment by the way?

>Wii U is great for parties
t. neckbeard who has never been to a party

Convince me why the WiiU is better than the other consoles, user. I would like to hear your reasons. However, keep five things in mind.

>I hate multiplayer games and I only want singleplayer titles.
>I hate DLC in any form, unless it's cosmetic. It has to be free or I will not consider your game good
>I hate games that pander to the mature dudebro audience, be it with shooters, sex, violence, or "high definition graphics"
>I hate casual games. If your title doesn't try to challenge me, it's not a good game.
>I hate games that have an emphasis on story. If it has more than one hour of cutscenes, for examples, don't try to convince me that it's good, becuase I'll honestly stop listening.

With this criteria, you can tell that I despise the other 8th gen consoles, and I don't like the WiiU either because it is guilty of these same crimes.

>I'm trying to make a good ground gear build so I can take on some tougher tyrants
How the fuck can anyone like this? Grinding materials to make augments for an endgame build is pretty much the definition of anti-fun.
Killing Feliciano, the All-Seeing over and over hoping to get weapons and armor with the right perks is not enjoyable either.

Nah.

The two favorites tend to be Kario Mart (must finish your beer before the end of the race) and Super Smashed Bros. (basically I beat my friends at Smash while drunk b/c I play way too much)

Even Nintendoland gets put in sometimes.

Also if you were going to call me a neckbeard, why not go for the obvious "date night". Would have been funnier.

Bioshock

It's a masterpiece.

ZombiU. But not really an exclusive anymore...

>>I hate games that pander to the mature dudebro audience, be it with shooters, sex, violence, or "high definition graphics"
>>I hate casual games. If your title doesn't try to challenge me, it's not a good game.
>>I hate games that have an emphasis on story. If it has more than one hour of cutscenes, for examples, don't try to convince me that it's good, becuase I'll honestly stop listening.
Then what the fuck do you like? Every single game falls into one of those three categories. You're probably the biggest most stuck up cunt in the entirety of this brazilian cockfighting website.

>How the fuck can anyone like this? Grinding

I used to think this too before I got my big boy office job. When I'm talking to people and trying to solve problems all day at work, it is nice to come home and just do the same thing over and over. For awhile, this was building a Madden Franchise several years into the future for me.

Cool blog my dude, where can I subscribe?

I think you're just a fucking faggot, dude.

Mario Maker, perhaps...

I'm really interested in that PuyoPuyo RPG SEGA showed off in TGS.
Do you think they will bring it here. Also
>3ds is the console being best supported this generation
Huh

Well, the global nemesis has been appearing more often as of late, so I just grind him with others online. I like fighting Yggralith Zero on ground with some bros.

This week I've been able to avoid fighting the same weak enemies over and over again.

No one played it elsewhere. Probably lost money porting and manufacturing it for other consoles desu.

I like videogamey games, like Mario. But with a challenge like touhou or Ikaruga or Crimson Clover. Games that don't need hours of cinematics and story, like action games. Titles like Shovel Knight, for example.

Let me tell you, I'd rather play a retro platformer than a """game""" like Uncharted.

>Well, the global nemesis has been appearing more often as of late, so I just grind him with others online.
I mean that's still grinding.
I think they inflated the crafting requirements because they figured everyone would use squad tickets but that strategy doesn't really work for a niche game on a dying console. They should've thought that out a bit better.
It would also be more fun if there was more than two nemesis.

I liked that game. My friend let me play it at his own and I got addicted.

I tried it on PS4 and it is fucking abysmal. Graphics look worse than Wii U somehow. And then the dude keeps referencing your "pad". He's like, "THAT PAD IS YOUR LIFE" and I'm like.... "yeah something is missing here."

Maybe Donkey Kong Tropical Island?
Do you consider Bayonetta 2 and Fatal Frame 5 dudebro pandering?
Wonderful 101 can be challenging too.
Pikmin 3, while not the best in the series, is a solid entry.

Yes, that's what we do. I get people to play along with me all the time and we rack up tons of squad tickets from the appendages of the nemesis.

The only times I find it difficult to even find someone is late at night.

So you basically like only platformers. Why don't you do your own research based on your likes then you complete faggot?

Its just so jarring that the game hardly has any grinding until the postgame which is nothing but grinding.

>Donkey Kong Tropical Island
>Bayonetta 2
>Fatal Frame 5
>Wonderful 101
>Pikman 3

Damn, even the B-tier Wii U games are strong.

Thats pretty funny actually.

Reaffirm to me that I hate video games, user.

>No fun

Tropickle cheese was okay. Nothing amazing, especially not worth getting a console for. The same goes for Pikmin 3.

Bayonetta 2 and Fatal Frame were just awful to me. Too much sex pandering, too much fanservice. I hate games that do that because it screams "I don't have good gameplay, so I'm going to distract you with tits". It's no better than a game having terrible gameplay, but hiding behind a veil of "diversity quotas". Wonderful 101 falls into the same category.

I'd rather play games that didn't waste money into excessive marketing budgets and graphics and cutscenes. AND they have actual challenge.

>"diversity quotas"

lul.

Ok. PS4 is the system for you. Literally every game is, "Angry white man shoots things."

We can all agree Bone is the worst

I agree, the decision was a bad one by Monolith. I think they could have handheld post endgame better. The original Xenoblade did it better. Sitting there and one shotting the same enemy over and over again for hours on end gets tedious.

I mean in the end it's worth it because fighting Telethia was like a religious experience for me, but ultimately what precedes it is tedium.

>"WAH! I'M A JADED FUCK THAT CANT ENJOY VIDEOGAMES!"
Every single thread.

Yeah, I enjoyed Xenoblade X quite a bit but I stopped playing at around 95% or so because I got sick of the grind, maybe I'll try to go for 100% one day.

>have a PC
>enjoy several hundred titles
>implying I don't just have high standards

It'd be like implying that I limit myself to steam or origin, instead of enjoying everything the platform has to offer.

Admittedly I gave up on it my first playthrough. Was working full time in Japan and had too much going on to focus on that.

Now that I'm a NEET again I finished it. You really have to have a lot of time on your hands and the will to do it. I think at the end of the day it is worth it, because fighting Pharsis and Telethia is fucking awesome. Gradivus the Headless Emperor is tedious though, he just tests your ability to conserve fuel.

mmm eat the bait anons

I fucking love my wii u.

By the end of the generation it will be the worst 8th gen console.

>PC
>High standards
Is your fedora too tight around your head?

No, that is incorrect.

I feel like if a system has ten games I really like, it is a good system. Anything more is gravy.

Wii U has ten games I really like.

Still struggling to get there on PS4 DESU. NMS was a let down. The Last Guardian is almost definitely going to be a let down.

Horizon looks pretty neat but honestly the game I'm most excited for is Persona 5, which I'm sure will play exactly like the PS3 version.

Why did I buy a PS4 again?

Well, I'm just saying. For the past 5 years, a PC game has been my personal GOTY, beating out anything on consoles.

>le hat joke

It doesn't make it any less true.

By "PC game" what are you referring too? PC has had no exclusives in the last 5 years aside from shitty indie and cash grab never ending early access Steam Greenlight bullshit.

Eh, I really don't see any Mario Maker or Splatoon quality games coming down the pipeline for the other consoles.

I already can tell you what the big hit games are going to be for the next three years of PS4/Xbone:

>Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
>Fifa 18
>Assassin's Creed: The One What Takes Place During the Civil War and Deals With Racism!
>Black Ops 4
>Fifa 19

Sometimes they're multiplat, sometimes they're exclusive. But overall, I can play them without intrusive DRM, if that's what you mean.

I don't see why people hype Mario Maker so much, or Splatoon. One's a console shooter (blegh) and the other is a 60 dollar copycat of Lunar Magic.

You're quick to assaut the other consoles for being unoriginal, but yet you praise these games?

You know what, you're right. I'm going to sell my wii u and buy a playstation 4 pro.

I wouldn't do that. Why not buy a PC instead, or upgrade your current PC?

Don't see anything too interesting on the PS4 desu sempai.

Jesus Christ everything about this post is shit. Go kill yourself.

>60 dollar copycat of Lunar Magic

One is a cool little fan project.

The other put simple level editing tools for the world's most famous video game into the hands of 4 million people and created a community of makers that have been producing cool and interesting levels daily for the better part of a year now.

That's the difference.

p.s. The presentation in Super Mario Maker is top fucking notch too.

sonyggers get here so fast, does neogaf have an alert system setup up for when these threads are made?

No one say you have to sell your Wii U or that it's shit, but by the time the generation is over the PS4 and Xbox One will have 3-4 years of support that the Wii U flat out didn't get.

>if you don't like the latest AAA shooter with DLC, microtransactions, and mature dudebro pandering, you should kill yourself

Whatever you say familia.

>The other put simple level editing tools for the world's most famous video game into the hands of 4 million people
Stopped reading there. Popularity =/ quality. Did the PS4 teach you nothing?

I feel exactly the same, except I haven't bought the PS4 yet.

I WANT to, though. I want it to have enough games to justify, but it still isn't there three years in and it might be another two years yet before it does. Crazy stuff.

>I wouldn't do that. Why not buy a PC instead, or upgrade your current PC?

Honestly this is what I wish I would have done instead of gotten a PS4. I've had fun playing games like Grim Fandango, Resident Evil HD, Galak-Z, etc. on PS4, but not a whole lot else really.

I could just build a living room pc for that I suppose.

>Stopped reading there. Popularity =/ quality.

Popularity is extremely important for a game like Mario Maker.

Lunar Magic might be the coolest fucking thing ever but if no one is using it and making levels for it then what good is it?

does anyone know if the ps4 pro will play 1080p/720p games better than the regular ps4? a lot of games have horrible fps drops right now so if the ps4 pro fixes this shit then im gud, dont give a fuck about 4k though

>dont give a fuck about 4k though

Yeah. They're all hyping up their new 4K box and I'm like,

"Can we get stable 30 FPS on Bloodborne first please? Can we get better than 900p on Mirror's Edge first please?"

>Lunar Magic might be the coolest fucking thing ever but if no one is using it and making levels for it then what good is it?
But people HAVE used it, and made amazing levels with it because it kept out casuals. MarioMaker streamlined too many things and made it too easy for any 10 year old to make a level. You know what that means? Anytime I try to find a good level, I'm swamped with 1000 meme levels.

I'm sorry, isn't this the same thing that plagues steam greenlight, which Cred Forums hates? No quality control whatsoever? The sad fact is that a level editor should not be easy to use. IT should take time and effort to master, to keep out casuals. Even if only 5 people ever saw my level, I'll take that over 500 children.

>The sad fact is that a level editor should not be easy to use. IT should take time and effort to master, to keep out casuals. Even if only 5 people ever saw my level, I'll take that over 500 children.

Lol. Imagine Reggie walking out on stage saying this at the introduction of Super Mario Maker.

Let's imagine the situation being reversed.

>lol, imagine Kaz Hirai walking out on stage saying that they're making video games, instead of cinematic movies

99% of Mario Maker levels are fucking trash

Why are nintenyearolds so defensive with their purchase?

The Wii U was pretty god until last year.
The only good game of this year was TMS. And know we will only get a shitty PM and maybe one or two new games.

Well, WiiU's three first years were also pathetic.

"games where you shoot people with guns" can be of many different genres