Are they the best developers of all time?

They've literally never made a bad game

Other urls found in this thread:

zeldainformer.com/news/shigeru-miyamoto-is-disappointed-with-one-of-his-games
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

At least try to make it not so obvious next time OP

(you)

yes and no

They're undoubtedly top tier, but they have a couple of stinkers here and there.

What are you trying to say?
Name a better vidya developer.
Go on. You can't

Supergiant Games

>Are they the best developers of all time?
Since they're a collection of teams and not just one group, you can't really make that kind of judgement.

>They've literally never made a bad game
Oh you.

From Software
Team ICO
Kojima Productions
Platinum Games
Toby Fox
Sega AM2

Make what obvious?

Every other Japanese developer

You know, that's a very bold statement, OP. Especially about a company that's been making games for over 35 years.
For example, I don't really know anybody who liked, say, Metroid Other M or Mario Clash.

Konami.

DUDE MARIO CLASH WAS THE SHIT
I actually owned a Virtual Boy and I played that and Wario Land the most out of my small library of games
Dont you fucking dare talk shit about Mario Clash.

A). Wrong.
B). Even if it was, the games are so simplistic and formulatic in nature you have to a real retard to not be able to make a good mario game.

Guess what? Rovio never made a bad Angry Birds game. It's still fucking Angry Birds and everybody's sick of it by now.

Alright, alright, sorry.
I was just trying to think of a game I rarely hear anyone mention positively that wasn't made in the past 15 years.

teleroboxer

Yes.

>Name a better vidya developer.
Armor Project
Vanillaware

Nintendo is pretty high up there. But they have a dozen different teams. And you can't honestly say every single game they ever made is good. Even Miyamoto and Sakurai have made some mediocre games in their time.

You kidding? They made an entire bad SYSTEM.

Plus, most of their current gen games are ass.

Funny thing others make better job with Nintendo ips than Nintendo
>Capcom gbc zeldas
>Sega F-zero gx
>Namco Mario Kart Arcade GP
>Namco Bandai Pokken Tournament

>From Software
They literally only make rehashes
>Team ICO
maybe, but they've only put out 2 games
>Kojima Productions
literally hasn't published a single game (yet)
>Platinum Games
very mixed, though I don't feel they go below mediocrity, I know many aren't a fan of some of their games
>Toby Fox
just no
>Sega AM2
literally who?

They never made a bad game

They create some good games but their quality isn't as consistent as it used to be.

I hope you enjoy Super Mario Run and Color Splash...

ORAS

>Cuck Software
>Team IKEK
>Cuckjima Productions
>Platinum Cucks
>Toby Cucks
>Sega AM2
>Good developers
Please.

Woah, what great rebuttal, you sure told him.

Vanillaware, Bungie, Platinum Games, Retro Studios, Grasshopper Studios, Arc System Works, Capcom, Valve, Blizzard, Naughty Dog, Westwood Studios. And most importantly: Rareware.

>Capcom gbc zeldas
Link's Awakening is better than any Capcom 2D Zelda

>Namco Mario Kart Arcade GP
lmao

>Pokken
It's a good game but what exactly does it do better?

I'll give you F-Zero tho.

they literally haven't made a good game since 2006 when they kill their aaa single player development outside zelda and mario

>mah battle frontier

>it's another delusional mindless nintendrone thread

This. This is exactly what moot needs to remove so this board is somewhat tolerable.

They used to be fun and experimental because they had to deal with lots of hardware limitations.

Now they just feel like regular old businessmen.

They were never good.

I would normally disagree, but since a lot of the mods are die-hard Nintendrones who will ban you for speaking I'll of the company, I'm inclined to go onboard with this idea.

I literally got a 5 day ban from Cred Forums for making a thread shitting on the Wii U. AND I OWN A FUCKING WII U!

Yea, I would say they should get a containment board, but the Pokemon fags got it and they still shitpost here.

>uuhhhh duuur pokemon c is better than pokemon h

THEY ARE ALL THE FUCKING SAME STOP GIVING THESE LAZY CUNTS MONEY!

When the fuck will Nintendrones get their own fucking board? Between the constant shilling and NX threads you retards are the scum of Cred Forums. By the way the answer is no, literally every other developer has outclassed Nintendo in every way.

>Valve, Blizzard, Naughty Dog
Nice bait

WII FUCKING MUSIC!!

oh man, i was SO embarrassed for nintendo when i saw that shit at E3

Because Captain Toad or Splatoon are not fun and experimental right?

A side note do you own a PS4?

>Link's Awakening is better than any Capcom 2D Zelda
No, it's not. Any individual oracle game is much more complete as they both have 2 maps; better overworld; better items; better dungeons, puzzles and bosses; no annoying messages.
But I still think LA is pretty good and actually the best zelda made by nintendo.

>It's a good game but what exactly does it do better?
It's a creative way to deal with the Pokemon ip. Honestly a fighting game suits the anime series better. And I don't think Nintendo is good at this genre.

I would add Rare's dkc to my original list.
I also don't see what's so funny about Mario kart gp.

All better than Nintendo, yes. You know, the company that takes down fan projects, region locks, censors, does shit localizations, goes after fanart and let's plays, makes casual as fuck shovelware, killed all its IP that were too mature for kids, has hour-long tutorials, obnoxious hand holding, and modes where the game beats itself for you.

Literally ANY other dev is better than Nintendo. They're EA-tier.

>All better than Nintendo, yes
What absolute bullshit.

Sega > Nintendo.

You fucking can't.

We have reached the point where every genre you can name is dominated by one company. RPGs, platformers, strategy games, action games, adventure games... The best of all of them are Nintendo exclusive/

Shame SEGA is dead.

RIP SEGA
1960-2004

Exterminate yourself, you stupid drone. Stop drinking the Nintendo Kool-aid.

I think you misunderstood what I meant.
I wasn't talking about the gameplay but the way the engines worked.

Like in Ocarina of Time, they had to deload parts of the map behind your vision because of limited RAM so if you didn't look at objects their state wouldn't change.

I was purely looking at it from a developer standpoint.

I love Sega, but that image isn't quite fair. A lot of those games they only published, not developed.

>defends Blizzard
>calls others drone

So have Nintendo, which is why these arguments are fucking retarded.

it's true

Aside from Vanillaware and maybe Retro, all the companies you just listed have bad games. As for Retro, its not hard to keep from having a bad game when you've only made 6-7 games total. And even then, Retro still has Metroid Prime Hunters and Echoes.

So you are coming from purely a speculative standpoint?

It's a bit hard to defend your position from there.

Better than fire red, soul silver, ect.
Best remake yet as a matter of fact. Why you so mad?

>They literally only make rehashes
He said From Software, not Nintendo.

>He said From Software
And they've been rehashing Souls for years, so he's right.

A simple look at all the bugs and poorly designed levels it would be clear they're not Nintendo.

I think we can all agree that the best developer of all time is obviously Japanese, at the very least.

Western devs can't even begin to compete.

>This denial

Quit sucking the corporate cock. Nintendo has been trash for over two decades.

Vanillaware has Dragon's Crown, which is fucking garbage.

they're definitely one of the worst publishers ever.

>give the okay for Team Ninja to develop this
>at no point do they step in and say "this is a stupid idea, please fix it"

And then they do it AGAIN with Federation Force.

>Nintendo has been trash for over two decades
All evidence proves otherwise.

>Takes down fan projects
>Fanart

This doesn't exactly correlate to bad game development, and region locking is more a case of the publisher rather than the development teams.

Metroid babbies are definitely one of the worst fanbases ever.

>come into random thread
>at no point do they step back and think "is this relevant to the OP? Nah, I'll just shitpost!"

And they do it AGAIN each thread.

Nintendo has published more awful games than either Microsoft or Sony.

>OP is praising Nintendo and saying they've never allowed a bad game onto their consoles
>prove him wrong with a single image
>"HURRR METROIDBABIES"

hey except for those last 2 (though I honestly don't know who the last one is) I gave perfectly valid points for each.

Well yeah, they've been in the video game industry for far longer than both, they've had time to do that.

>saying they've never allowed a bad game onto their consoles
>he clearly says made

>prove him wrong with a single image
>publishing = developing
Oh shit, Metroidbabbies are confirmed retarded again.

When did I ever defend Blizzard. Being better than Nintendo =/ being good. Blizzard is shit, but they're still MILES better than what Nintendo has become.

Interesting claim, can you back it up?

>Wii Music
>not bad
pls

>Blizzard is MILES better than anything.
We need a containment board for blizzard drones.

Nintendo is a publisher, NOT a developer. They have specific branches solely for development. But their names are different.

>ORAS
>better than SS/HG and FR/LG
good joke nigger

They're at the bottom of the trash heap nowadays. EA, Blizzard, Capcom, Valve, Sega, and even Konami and Ubisoft are all better than Nintendo.

>Blizzard is so popular and successful it needs it own containment board
yep sounds about right.

>Nintendo is a publisher, NOT a developer
What the fuck. How retarded are you?

Said no one ever.

Sure. I don't mind them being expelled, but only after Nintendrones get the boot.

>who is Sakamoto

I guess he's not part of Nintendo anymore.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Are they the best developers of all time?

Yes. This isn't even a question.

>them
Not fooling anyone here chump.

>kojipro has never published a game
Technically true, konami did. But they did make most MGS games as well as zome of enders.

I said that they have development teams.

All the problems with Metroid Other M are the fault of Sakamoto, not Team Ninja. Team Ninja have countless interviews where they point out that they wanted to incorporate the nunchuck, have more freedom to explore, have less of a story focus, etc. Sakamoto is the one who forced all these things in.

>Hunters, Echoes, and Dragon's Crown
>bad
I wish Nintenbabies were banned from posting.

>Hunters
>good
What?

Hunters wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either dude. it was flat out mediocre.

Si enjoyed myself though

yes, only underage and normies disagree

>Nintendogaf is just a meme they said

It's hardly a blemish on Retro's portfolio. For a handheld Metroid, it's pretty great considering multiplayer.

It's no ducking Wii music, I'll tell you that.

are you legitimately retasrded?

>retasrded
Oh boy, the Metroidbabbies are out in force today.

You only further prove it is when you make posts like this. Think this place is bad? Go to actual Nintendo forums and try to say that kind of shit. You'll either get banned in seconds or the entire community will be on your ass.

This. Why isn't this thread deleted already. Fanboism is blatantly against the rules you faggot mods. I literally got banned under that clause a few weeks ago.

DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS YOU SHITS!!

Have a (You) OP, so maybe one day you'll grow out of Nintendo.

> Kensuke Tanabe of Nintendo came up with the original idea for the game. Retro Studios, which developed previous Metroid Prime games, was unable to develop Metroid Prime Hunters because it was already working on a game. Therefore, Tanabe contacted NST with the idea, and let them develop it instead. NST developed the game instead of Nintendo themselves because Nintendo wanted the division to influence Metroid Prime Hunters with western ideals, styles, and presentation.
Retro Studios didn't develop it. Nintendo Software Technologies did.

And?

thanks for the confirmation. I will now disregard all future posts made by you.

>metacritic
I want NeoGA/v/ to leave

>Gimmicks
>Amiibos
>Mobile games
>Shutting down fan games
>Killed Metroid, F-Zero, Pikmin and countless other beloved series
>Censorship
>Region locking
>No account system
>No crossbuy
>No acheivements
>Droughts
>Rehashes

Sure thing buddy

did you read the post? Retro Studios had nothing to do with Hunters.

whether it was good or bad, it doesn't reflect on their work at all.

>so retarded he can't spell
>t-thanks for the confirmation
>rekt so hard he'll now try and avoid all posts
Holy shit.

B-But Sony and MS are the ones killing the industry!

>Killed .. Pikmin
Fuck off Arlo, you retarded muppet.

Pikmin 3 was great.

>Killed Pikmin

How?

>No achievements

This is one fucking retarded. Achievements are arbitrary. No one cares that you get a "turned on video game for the first time" medal.

>rehashes

Welcome to video games, we've got an endless stream of Metal Gear, Resident Evil, and Uncharted now. We're past the point of bitching about it because we obvious like it.

And?

Original user cited Hunters as a blemish for Retro, so then what does it matter?

Not sure what you mean here, pretty sure being a cunt on other forums is bound to get negative attention.

So we're in agreement that Hunters is trash right?

>retro didn't make hunters and has nothing to do with them
>DOESN'T MATTER, THEIR FAULT
ok

The last good game Nintendo made was the first Mario Galaxy.

Everything has been dog shit since then and everything was dog shit for at least 5 years before that.

And the new Legend of Zelda is going to be absolute dog shit too and everyone knows it.

>The last good game Nintendo made was the first Mario Galaxy.
Splatoon, Super Mario 3D World and others were made way more recently.

if you put segas developed games next to nintendo developed games nintendo would come out way on top.

Its called a red herring, the thing you're doing.

>How?

What is Pikmin for 3DS

>>This is one fucking retarded. Achievements are arbitrary. No one cares that you get a "turned on video game for the first time" medal.

True but achievements are now a huge deal in this era of gaming

>Literally

Calm it down leafy

>What is Pikmin for 3DS
A spin-off you retarded muppet.

>Splatoon
>Shooter filled with 13 year olds who can't play
>"bu-bu-but its fun!"
>go play a real shooter faggot

>A spin-off you retarded muppet.

It's not an excuse for a shit game.

>Sony and MS are bad because they make cinematic games
>Nintendo, headed by Sakamoto, makes Metroid: Other M, which is more cinematic than anything to ever come out of the industry
>"no, you see it's okay for Nintendo. They did it right. Video games can be art"

Have a (You), my biased compadre.

Maybe you should have replied to the original poster who said Retro has Hunters an example of a bad game rather than me you fucknugget, your information HELPS my case, NOT hurts it.

Fuck off.

>No acheivements

lol. u gotta be fucking kidding me.

So is this were you wanted the (you)'s to be delivered, sir?

that's not bad, just a little underwhelming.

Yeah it would have been a solid 8/10 game if it had more content and didn't rehash 64's story.

>And they've been rehashing Souls for years
Nintendo has been rehashing their franchises since the 80s.

>that's not bad
It's extremely bad.

More content for Star Fox games is medal hunting. This is how its always been. I guess Nintendo could have done a better job making that clear, or maybe sold it for cheaper.

You can tell it's a good game because of how much game journalists hated it.

If people like IGN or polygon like something, it's automatically a bad game, like Bayonetta. That 92 metacritic might as well come with a subscription to game informer and a 12 pack of mountain dew.

>Hating Metroid Prime Hunters and Echoes makes you a Nintendo baby

Yeah sure I guess.

Nintendo literally hasn't released a good game on anything since the GameCube
>splatoon
Garbage. No one even plays this. If you are a grown man finding enjoyment in this you are brony tier

zeldainformer.com/news/shigeru-miyamoto-is-disappointed-with-one-of-his-games

Yacht Club Games
Landon Podbielski
Toby Fox

Mario Kart 8 is the best Mario Kart yet. Captain Toad was great and I want a sequel.

And you're an idiot if you think Nintendo never made a good DS or 3DS game. Hell, we got a sequel to Canvas Curse on Wii U.

majoras mask and super princess peach were both really bad

and these were games that I simply assumed would be good and then they weren't

there are plenty of nintendo games that look so terrible I don't even try them

All the more reason Zelda 2 should be remade like Metroid was. Hell, get the Zero Mission team to do it.

Can you prove that they're good without using opinions?

>better than gen 2 remakes

end your life

you wanna shitpost or haven't played any game

>They've never made a bad game

Can you prove they were bad without using opinions?

Good and bad are the entire basis of subjectivity, dumbass.

Sure. Apply the reasoning you used to say that the ps4 and xbox one lineups were bad. they share similarities with the games you mentioned.

>145 replies
I hate this board.

>Apply the reasoning you used to say that the ps4 and xbox one lineups were bad.
I never said this. All I did was respond to your claim that Nintendo has never made a good game after Gamecube.

And if you're gonna pull the 'you prove your claims first!' card, then I'll just pull it right back and demand you prove Nintendo has never made a good game since GC without using an opinion.

>I never said this

In a thread where 55 out of 56 IPs are crying about sony and microsoft killing the industry, and you expect me to believe thiis? pardon me if i don't.

But just incase, please clarify your position on them.

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival want a word with (You).

>everyone is the same fag!
>anyone who isn't me is a Nintendo fanboy!
These are the kinds of people mods should be banning.

That's why I asked you to clarify your position.

Is that not fair?

I actually did like Other M, the acting and Samus were pretty bad, but the gameplay was enjoyable.

I like this though, since it gives a development team more room to do there own thing for better or worse. If you had Ninty execs coming in and stepping on toes you'd end up getting the Metroid equivalent to Banjoo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

I also think its hilarious because, say an interview came to light with Nintendo changing a bunch of things (in your hypothetical situation) there would immediately be dozens of 100 post reply threads saying "NINTENDO CENSORED METROID!! NINTENDOOMED AMIRITE?!? KEK KEK"

Yeah I dunno, I really enjoyed my SNES and the gamecube had some good stuff, but they lost me with the wii. Also they appeal to a pretty narrow demographic in terms of genres. I don't like platformers and that's like 1/3rd of their first party games or more.

>people actually think the wrong kid didnt die