Can you quote 3 lines he said in The Phantom Pain that weren't in trailers?

Can you quote 3 lines he said in The Phantom Pain that weren't in trailers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7PwiOmXHQx4
youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg
vocaroo.com/i/s0pseG4LtKDz
metalgearinformer.com/?p=1130
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sJnN2-AS0Us
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigonish_(poem)
youtube.com/watch?v=ULQX1ZubpXk
youtube.com/watch?v=B5IwIGaT4pU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kept you waiting huh?

I never watched the trailers so probably not.

there were any?

"Hmmm, isn't that a Metal Gear Solid V : The Phantom Pain ?"

I won't scatter your ashes to the heartless sea

We are diamond dogs

Whoooooooooooooooooooo

I'M BURNING UPPPPP

SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE, WHOOOOO?

REVENNNGE

The most memorable lines were the lamest written

Such a lust for revenge.

Spit it out!

>Talk!
>DD!
>Quiet!

SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

This is Pequod, Arriving shortly at the LZ.

Rest in peace, this time. I'll see you in Hell, "Boss."

Can't wait until "MGSurvive was my first MGS game" fags arrive

>"We are diamond dogs."
>"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea."
>"You're all diamonds now."
>"What a load of bullshit."

And my personal favorite, which I've been using all the time almost unconsciously since I've played MGSV:

>"...Fine."

snake get down

the enemy sniper

She shurbibe?

It'll probably be better than V, honestly.

"Hyah!"
"Aggggghhh!"
"Good boy."

WOOOAHAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH deet deet deet deet deet

Who?

Some of Skullface's lines are pretty memorable, if only for the delivery in the acting. "Major...I'm burning up!" along with other lines became a meme as soon as people first heard it in the streams of leaked copies.

"WHOOOOOO?"
"Remember the Alamo."
"Wouldn't you agreeee?"

DO IT

When the time comes, I'll pull the trigger
Kaz, its me
Put him on a boat with enough food and water

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at but; at least I always fought for what I believed in." Inspired words from Venom Snake.

"Wolf-dogs, half wolf, half huskie. I'm a musher." I liked this line b/c it showed that Venom had a personality and a life outside of being, "guy with gun who kills people." even though he was a troubled soldier.

"The Patriots: Not even I know who the real members are. Are the financial, political, or military leaders? All I know is that every key decision is made by a group of 12 men known as the Wisemen's Committee." Truly mind blowing info dump from Venom Snake. Changes your whole perspective on the entire serious.

Two of those were in trailers

I understand what you're getting at user

"He's coming to? Roger"

"Boss GET DOWN. The enemy sniper."

"You destroyed their anti air radar!?"

"I am you and you are me."

"Afghanistan?"

aaand god dammit OP

SNAKE
GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE

Wolbachia.
Dine.
Vocal chord parasites.

How worse will those faggots be compared to the "MGSV was my first MGS game"?

Hamburgers
Wolbachia
Vokel Chords Parasites.

Kept you waiting huh?
I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea, I will always be with you.
Kaz, I'm already a demon.

>Be gentle.
>Tell me like you used to.
>You never know.

>The Patriots: Not even I know who the real members are. Are the financial, political, or military leaders?

Lol. James fucking Johnson has probably 5 or 6 times as many lines as Venom.

MGSV is a great game in it's own right. Gameplay is delicious. Even some parts of the story are cool too.

Completely unnecessary to the metal gear story plot as a whole though.

"Fulton a coon, I'll shoot the balloon"
"Around blacks, never relax"
"Bring home a nig, he goes in the brig"

Good, good!
HAIDARA!
bark

>GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE
>He is CLEARLY a wolf!
>Hamburgers

Reminder that THIS IS THE ENEMY AND HES HERE ON HIS KNEES is the single best line in the entire series

you again

>The names Ocelot
>Major Ocelot
>and dont you forget it!
its been over a decade and I still havent

That's because Kaz was character of the year

>Best line
>Not ENGRAVINGS

I'll give you a 100. you're move cuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=7PwiOmXHQx4

>>"We are diamond dogs."
>>"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea."

those were in the trailers

>kepcha wajtin ha
>she shuvahvd?
>its ok, we got it out

>prepare a life raft
>something smells sweet, I can smell it through the mask
>tell hal about what kind of man I once was, my friend, because if he does what you aren't what to do, you can't stop he does of what should be

Checkmate atheists

Kaz: "No. Big Boss can to hell. I'll make the phantom and his sons stronger to send him there. For that, I'll keep playing my role."

Snake: "We got rules around here. NEVER draw a weapon on a fellow soldier. You got that? Anyone here can use a knife or a gun. What you're going to learn is how to use your head. When you get that under your belt, then you're free to leave."

Ocelot: "The Cold War returns to life, as countries without nuclear arsenals line up for what Skull Face is selling. Nuclear weapons proliferate overnight, and, on the brink of annihilation, the world maintains its balance."

I'll just /thread this for you.

>Where's Quiet?

Oh man, I remember that last one.

>because if he does what you aren't what to do, you can't stop he does of what should be

>what if Im a spy
>or you
>...
>we can go all day

>That last one
That's a good one, user. I remember that.

Yeah. It's pretty deep, but what he basically meant was that if he does what you aren't what to do, you can't stop he does of what should be.

no better than "MGS games are good" retards

>mfw they were both spies
fucking great

youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg

Still leaves three.

"Baws get down!"

"Are you hurt? Try a little harder next time. "

"That's an enemy gunship; a single burst from its machine gun can cut a man in half."

I really fucking liked Skull Face. The game didn't have enough of him.

"Quiet!"
"Fire!"
"Talk!"
"Spit it out!"
"Where are the others?"
That's legitimately all I can remember. He has so few lines, and Kiefer Sutherland's performance is just so unmemorable.

Unfortunately most of Ocelot's conversation with Miller barely makes any sense.

What do you mean? The post-credits conversation?

MALE-TO-FEMALE

COPULATION

EYES ON KAZUHIRA what did he mean by this

Yeah. When you actually consider where the game implies Venom ends up and what Miller and Ocelot actually end up doing, it's sort of a pointless conversation. The only thing it establishes is that Big Boss made Miller mad, but given Miller's later actions even that is clunky in terms of the greater story.

The game tries to portray some big split with Venom/Miller/Solid Snake on one side and Big Boss/Ocelot/Liquid Snake on the other, but that's just not really what happens.

"This is pequod. Arriving shortly at LZ."
"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you. "
"I am Quiet... I am... The absence of words. "

>Good dog DD!
>Where are the others?!

>It's a wide open world out there.
>Staff Member Has Died
>The phantom carries on his legend...his meme.

I get what you mean. "Snake, that guy's a monster" ends up becoming "Snake, he left me behind. You have to kill him" when looking at MG2:SS. It's a shame we'll never get a proper MGS6. I really wanted to see what immediately happens next.

"My left fingers"
"treat him like any other person"
"ocelot raising hounds"

I don't think it's unbelievable that Miller would split with Big Boss on Outer Heaven/Zanzibarland (even Miller would see that Big Boss is a fucking nut), but it's strange that he would go to FOX-HOUND and want Big Boss dead yet never blow the lid on Outer Heaven. He of all people would know about it, right? So why the tight lips?

And despite the conversation, Ocelot never gave a very big fuck about Liquid.

"That's right. Don't blame yourself. Blame me."

>Phantom Snake: "Maybe one of the kids stuck a note to your back."
>Phantom Snake: "When's the last time you heard a wildcat raising a dog?"
>Phantom Snake: "I think you're barking up the wrong tree. But that was an interesting story. It'd make a good movie."
>Original Snake: "It's a non-smoking ward..."
>Original Snake: "If I listened to everything the doctors said, I'd probably die in here. No point waking up after nine years for that."
>Original Snake: "You never did like the French."
Both Snakes are sassy as fuck. It's a shame that people keep saying that Snake doesn't talk much, because there's a whole bunch of gold in these tapes.

The tapes are good, but I wish that something as important as the Venom snake fake out would have been done in cut scenes instead of tapes.

"I--we gave her a light. She took the short way down." was a pretty good one.

>FIRE
>QUIET
>TALK
>Spit it out
>where are the others
>*whistling sound*

Big Boss did nothing wrong.

I remember some basic orders he gives in cutscenes since his voice is so godly.
"Put her in the cell"
"Prepare a life raft, big enough for one. Food and water too."

"Just give the order and-"
"I'll go alone. We can't afford to lose anyone else."

"Snake, if you bring any niggers back here, I'll pull the trigger"

Literally every single cutscene was in the trailers. Even cut content was in the trailers.

BOSS, GET DOWN!

IT'S AN ENEMY GUNSHIP.

WITH A SINGLE BURST OF IT'S MACHINEGUN IT CAN CUT A MAN IN HALF, BE CAREFUL BOSS.

One funny thing is that the only thing Snake says to Skull Face in the whole game are the words "There were three. Where's the other?"

He's referring to the parasite vials, but I find it funny nevertheless.

The hamburger black budget.

Big "killing the Jews and the literally whos" Boss

If you're cool with warmongering and holding the world hostage with a nuclear missile equipped robot (and he tries this shit twice) then no, Big Boss did nothing wrong.

Chief Kief saying "this is your family" had more emotion in it than any of Hayter's deliveries

>Warmongering
Up to this point, everything he does is contract-based (e.g. "This contract comes from [so and so] through a cut-out.). He's not trying to have a war on his hands.

>Holding the world hostage with a nuclear missile equipped robot
A deterrent, just like Metal Gear Zeke.

Besides, the Big Bosses in MG1 and MG2: SS don't match up with the Big Bosses MGSV. Kojima even said that MG1 and MG2's plots don't make sense anymore, and that they'd have to be rewritten.

>REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!
Other than that not really because I just dropped this shit after I cleared it. It stopped right when it was starting to get good and could have been a masterpiece.

This. Chief Kief for MGS6 when?

>Kojima even said that MG1 and MG2's plots don't make sense anymore, and that they'd have to be rewritten.
bravo

It'll still be better than MGSV.

>Kojima even said that MG1 and MG2's plots don't make sense anymore, and that they'd have to be rewritten.
Where can I take a look at this information.

KECHUP WAITRESS HAH

"What, are we running some kind of daycare now?"

Literally the only line I can remember that came from Venom.

>freeze
>where are the others?
>get down

>"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at but; at least I always fought for what I believed in."

Would Venom and Armstrong get along?

>Up to this point
I thought you meant in general. But even with MGSV Big Boss is complicit in some shady shit.
>A deterrent
It was a means of ensuring that Outer Heaven (and Zanzibarland after it) had control over the world and its balance of war.
>the Big Bosses in MG1 and MG2: SS don't match up with the Big Bosses MGSV
But they do. Big Boss's goals and motivations in the MSX games haven't been retconned. MGS1 makes note of Big Boss's dickery, as does MGS4.
>Kojima even said that MG1 and MG2's plots don't make sense anymore
He's likely referring to some of the specifics that have necessarily been retconned by time itself (the state of the Soviet Union for example) or other minor details that have been retconned. The core of their stories remains canon.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE

vocaroo.com/i/s0pseG4LtKDz

metalgearinformer.com/?p=1130

>"He explained that we’ve come a long way since these games came out, and looking back, a lot of things in the plot don’t make sense anymore. He would also have to change a lot of things to bring it up to today's standards."

>"Kojima concluded that if he had to redo the original Metal Gear games, he feels that he would have to rewrite their entire stories. And that’s something he’d rather not have to do."

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sJnN2-AS0Us

This is my favorite Venom Snake line.

See:

Don't get so carried away.

*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
Yep that's me, Venom Snake. I know you're probably wondering why I didn't say Big Boss. I guess I should probably start from the beginning..

Big Slosh? Is that you? It's been forever.

Fuck off, Cred Forums.

huh. well, this gives me a good excuse to believe in the kaz/venom/solid and big boss/ocelot/liquid split. I like it better that way.

>THAT THERE IS AN AFRICAN PEACH!
>THANKS BOSS!
>WE'LL MAKE DIAMONDS FROM THEIR ASSES

Yep, and my point still stands. The core of their stories remains canon except where there are clear contradictions. Big Boss's goals and motivations haven't been retcon'd and are in fact explored again in MGS1 in particular as well as MGS4. Get over it.

BOSS THATS A FREAKIN' PEACH

my posting on Cred Forums can only improve this board as it is absolute shit and can not get any worse. you probably post there too. I bet you're not even really a virgin, poser

He was a cheesy and shitty villain and I loved it.

>You hope hatred. Might someday replace the pain. But it never goes away. It makes a man hideous Inside and out.

Literal only line I feel is memorable in that game.

I think the most painful thing about Phantom Pain was the fact they did so many things right but seemed to give up doing things right throughout the entire work.

I would almost say they didn't do anything wrong but simply that they did "nothing".

Bringing in Sutherland was exceptional. Making him say next to nothing, not that great, not explaining that he doesn't say much due to brain damage, could have helped.

The issue is that that supposed split doesn't just contradict the MSX games, it contradicts previous Metal Gear Solid games.

>you probably post there too.
You got me.

>I bet you're not even really a virgin, poser
Incorrect, though that may change sooner than expected.

Which is another reason why there should be another MGS to clear things up. 5 leaves more questions than answers.

Such as? Only thing I can think of is how did Sahelanthropus get destroyed.

My favorite thing that has permeated the entire series is that all of it (except Revengeance) is a result of people just interpreting the final will of The Boss in their own way.

It just seems like a tragic fuck-up of the most monumental manner. It's almost like people misquoting a great leader in our past. The only leader I can think of who has inadvertently caused people to make the world a shittier place is Marx. I think Marx is the only one who even comes close to The Boss in terms of their words guiding world events.

You could argue that a spiritual leader like Jesus has a lot done in their name, but I don't look at it like that because people were pretty ignorant back then; not dumb, just ignorant. I look at the actions stemming from the words of Marx and The Boss impacting the world in a time when we should have known better.

It would probably just make shit worse, honestly. It's better to just take MGSV and its story with a spoonful of salt and keep it at that. The story doesn't have the room to explore and reconcile the inconsistencies gracefully.

What split? Venom trained Solid and BB trained Liquid?

Do you think that there ever existed at some point some document or giant corkboard that actually mapped out every single plotpoint in the Metal Gear series.

I'm sure I can find one on the Internet.

But I mean in the Konami offices. I mean one where they look at and say, "We have to plug this hole here" or "We have to explain this" or "We need to link these two events".

He's referring to the conversation between Ocelot and Miller after the credits, which suggests that Big Boss and Venom might go their separate ways and Ocelot will support Liquid and Big Boss while Miller will support Solid Snake and Venom.

But given that Venom ends up at Big Boss's Outer Heaven and dies there, it seems pretty unlikely that Big Boss and Venom oppose each other. Ocelot also never gave a fuck about any of the clones, really; he only cared about destroying the Patriots and waking Big Boss up.

That's what gave us 4
5 ends on a terrible note, don't get me wrong. The Sahalanthropus story is left hanging, Eli is left hanging, Skullface is killed before he does anything interesting, Quiet is put on a bus without every doing anything interesting and hey what happened to the Battle Gear? Seems like that could easily be exactly as great or an even greater threat than a metal gear, but it's AWOL from the MSX games.

But still, some loose threads is fine. Trying to tie everything perfectly together just ends up with the game mired in overlong explanations. The series should have ended either at 3 or at PW.

I imagine immediately prior to 4 there was a giant board of "shit we're going to explain" either in Konami offices or just Kojima's house.

I dislike it. It's a shallow way of giving characters motivations. The Boss's speech to Naked Snake and her demise were more than enough to make her influence on Big Boss's behavior apparent; the series didn't need to constantly, explicitly talk about her will like she's somebody's mom that died and they need to figure out who gets her shitty house.

Even Otacon's conception is now tied into some stoic blonde lady's opinions. For fuck's sake.

4 was the perfect ending and they could have left everything alone forevermore.

all he ever says about liquid is
>If the day ever comes that you go back to Cypher, I'll lead the other son.

I don't think ocelot had to care about him, he just guided him while he was leading Foxhound.

We passed upon the stair, we spoke of was and when
Although I wasn't there, he said I was his friend
Which came as some surprise I spoke into his eyes

Eat shit OP

But that's just it, Ocelot wasn't really leading Liquid at all, not sincerely. He was simply working as an agent of Solidus, and he was only manipulating Solidus as an agent of the Patriots, too.

Ocelot demonstrably never cared about Big Boss's sons, despite his fluffy talk about their time arriving.

I hate the fact that Kojima chose such a shitty song, it's like he was listening to Nirvana while high and decided to write literally the entire game around his inebriated interpretations of the meaningless words

>Nirvana

>"you never know"
What an odd line

>What was the real Big Boss up to? How exactly does he build his new nation? Does he continue to do missions like he used to, or does he just sit on his ass for the next 15 years while being fed assets and resources by the phantom?
>What were the real Big Boss' reasons for (hesitantly) going along with Zero and Ocelot's body double plan and building the real Outer Heaven? Ocelot mentions that the world wants him dead, and that the medic wanted to become a body double. We never really hear Big Boss' side of the story, or the medic's, for that matter.
>Why does Big Boss return to Foxhound? Why go back to America at all?
>How does Kaz plan on using the phantom against Big Boss? How does he keep "playing [his] role" while in Diamond Dogs? We already know that Kaz trains Solid Snake.
>How exactly does Kaz "go back to Cipher"? Even with Skull Face gone, he still has a vendetta against them, specifically Zero.
>When Kaz goes to Foxhound, does he ever meet Big Boss again? Why doesn't he tell anyone the truth about Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land?
>What happens to the phantom after discovering the truth? How does he interact with Kaz, Ocelot, and the real Big Boss afterward?
>What happens to Code Talker? The parasites have increased his lifespan considerably. Does he just die somewhere down the line?
>What happens to the Man on Fire's corpse? Why does he just give up? The real Big Boss is still out there.
>What happens to the Skulls? They weren't killed. They're left in cages in quarantine.
>What happens to XOF? Solid Snake never faces them.
>Diamond Dogs is assimilated into Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land, but what happens to their Mother Base? Does it become and FOB? Kaz mentions in a tape that Diamond Dogs will need to find somewhere bigger. Does it still exist as of 2014?

I'm not saying we need answers to EACH and EVERY question, because I know that it would result in another MGS4, but it would be nice to get some answers on the more glaring questions.

>The man who sold the world was made by nirvana

>Even Otacon's conception is now tied into some stoic blonde lady's opinions. For fuck's sake.
Okay, I didn't think of that one. Yes, that's completely retarded.

I felt like The Boss instilled in people that the world needed to become a better place, which I felt was the primary goal and her whole intent.

The thing that is interesting to me is that these aren't just some nobodies like your or me. These aren't politicians who become world leaders.

These are people with power and resources that they can mobilize without any approval of congress or their constituents. Ocelot, Big Boss, Cypher, Skullface - everything that happens is a direct extension of their will. And one person put it into their heads to make the world a better place.

As a story I think that's very interesting. They all have the same goal, they just have brutally different means of accomplishing it. Whereas most conflict in anything is people just not shooting for the same goal.

le ebin trole

Makes plenty of sense in my opinion.
Also I don't know what you're deal is comparing Nirvana to '70s David Bowie.

>CHEMICAL ADDITIVES
>WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?
>BOSS GET DOWN! The enemy sniper...... ..... ... .. .. .. ..... .

The Eli/Sallypuss thing can be reconciled as an allusion to Liquid Ocelot fucking off with RAY at the end of MGS2. It almost certainly wasn't intended to be that way, but it still works.

This is the best way to approach MGS5.

Agreed.

my man

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigonish_(poem)

Definitely.

Kojima himself said during development that he wasn't going to be paying meticulous attention to the previous Metal Gear games when writing the story of MGSV, so any inconsistencies are there simply because he wanted to write MGSV's story without being bogged down by having to adhere to his own bloated canon.

That's a raw diamond!

The female sniper, Quiet!

Boss! Get down!

See ya later, Old Timer!

>What was the real Big Boss up to? How exactly does he build his new nation?
I don't think there's any reason to doubt Big Boss would go about doing the kind of recruiting he used to. It's not explicitly elaborated upon, but I don't think it needs to be. We got an example of how Big Boss operates in Peace Walker.
>What were the real Big Boss's reasons for (hesitantly) going along with Zero and Ocelot's body double plan and building the real Outer Heaven?
I'd say after MSF's destruction Big Boss came to the conclusion that passively existing as he did with MSF wasn't enough; he needed to remake the world's conflicts in his image to ensure his place in it. He goes along with the doppelganger scheme because he realizes Venom's existence would allow him to get started on Outer Heaven unperturbed. Big Boss being a self-centered dick isn't anything new.
>Why does Big Boss return to Foxhound?
Because it's a good cover for his operations with Outer Heaven. That's always been the reason, and there's little reason to think that's changed.
>How does Kaz plan on using the phantom against Big Boss?
Who knows. Given that Venom seemingly teams up with Big Boss at Outer Heaven, I guess he doesn't. As I pointed out previously in the thread, Ocelot's conversation with Miller doesn't make much sense. I guess you could argue that their predictions were simply wrong.
>When Kaz goes to Foxhound, does he ever meet Big Boss again?
I can't see how it wouldn't. Of course, how this plays into his beef with Big Boss is hard to say. Like I said, Miller's conversation with Ocelot is a weird one that doesn't quite add up no matter how you slice it.

But while Miller's role in the series is pretty weird now, it doesn't justify another game. There's not enough there to really hang a story on and there's no way I can think of to fix the inconsistencies with any degree of grace.

I think the rest of your questions are pretty trivial.

We don't need an MGS5 either way.

Friendly reminder that Big Boss literally ran away and hid after Skullface ruined his shit.

>Fine
>Do it
>Afghanistan?

More like Ocelot and Zero forced him to run away, to be honest. Both Zero and Ocelot have tapes that elaborate on how they want to keep Snake safe.

To be honest, no I can't.

He barely fucking talked. The only time he had anything resembling a conversation was during the audiotape where Ocelot is explaining Psychomantis' powers and he doesn't believe him and starts making fun of him.

Every other dialogue is someone talking at him.

I loved TPP but Kiefer was shit.

Boss, look out! There's an enemy sniper...

An enemy gunship. The guns(?) on those things could tear a man in half...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm disappointed that they're all basically memes.

Kiefer was fine, he just had zero lines.

"Metal Gear!?"

"Hind D?"

"Sahelanthropus?"

>Kiefer was shit
Kiefer was great, it's not his fault he didn't have a lot of lines.

Even so, there's plenty of personality in Venom's behavior and physical reactions to things.

>Commence Development of Nuclear Weapons.
>You lose, commander.
>Your CQC is sloppy. Come see me for a personal lesson.

It's scatter your sorrow.

"Metallic archaea?!"

"That's an enemy gunship."

"So that's the metal gear he built for the Soviets."

>All these people just posting MGSV quotes that Venom didn't even say

Is this some kind of meme, or did no one read the OP?

Weird, I live there.
That's the first tiem anyone has ever mentioned anything about here.

I can't

at first I thought everyone was joking, but yeah
I don't think anyone actually read it

>so this is raven territory...
>you're extracting him too?
>get the fuck out of the there

The most memorable lines for me desu

>there's no way I can think of to fix the inconsistencies with any degree of grace.
I feel that an MG1/MG2 remake from Venom Snake's/Big Boss' perspectives would do well in that regard. I want to hear what they have to say about the things that they've done, and how they plan on dealing with Kaz, the clones, etc. If there's one thing that MGS5 suffered severely from, it was input from Snake. It was there, yes, but more of it would have been appreciated.

>I think the rest of your questions are pretty trivial.
I know, which is why I listed the more heavy-handed questions first.

What happened to the woman?

We are Diamond Dogs

Kaz...

WHERE ARE THE OTHERS!

>implying venom had any lines in phantom pain

I wish that was a meme.

Solid chases him in that ending though
This liquid just gets away

>Kiefer was great, it's not his fault he didn't have a lot of lines.
But it is his fault that he sounded bored.

>remakes
Please no.

Like I said, I think it's better to just admit that MGSV has problems and to leave it there. Sometimes it's best to just cut the losses. It's not like the answers would even be that interesting anyway, even if the inconsistencies were somehow miraculously worked out. I understand the frustration, though.

whooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

>Solid chases him in that ending though
Literally nothing ever comes of it. He just shows up in Manhattan without any mention.

Liquid just got away in MGS2 as well.

>"Kept you waiting, huh?"
>"DD!"
>"Quiet!"
>"Plant your roots in me."
>"I won't see you end as ashes, you are all diamonds."

>Literally nothing ever comes of it.
What? Snake says that he planted a tracker on Liquid's RAY, though he notes that he doubts that Ocelot even had the Patriots' real location to begin with.

>Snake says that he planted a tracker on Liquid's RAY
Fat lot of good that did him.

Like I say, nothing ever comes of it.

>Snake in MGSV has a fucking top-notch intel team with a hundred of his soldiers in it and couldn't find Sahelanthropus
Fat lot of good that did to him.

Nothing ever comes of it.

I take that back. Poetry is the only that comes of it.

It doesn't matter; the game actively addresses it.

We gave her a light
She took the short way down.

That post was a joke. Grey Fox says that in MGS1.

Glad we agree, user.

Although technically Venom had more luck than Solid did because Kingdom of the Flies footage exists. MGS4 proves the tracker did squat.

It does matter, regardless of the game addressing it. As above, MGS4 confirms it didn't make any difference at all so Liquid may as well have gotten away scot-free.

>Changes your whole perspective on the entire serious.

I'm fucking dying.

You're not understanding that the significance isn't what actually happens in terms of the sequels; what matters is the way it's reflected in the narrative structure. They're not really the same in effect.

In MGSV's case it's an awkward loose end. Everyone just watches Sahelanthropus and Baby Liquid float away. It's a scene perfect for Curb Your Enthusiasm's theme or something. In MGS2's case the story addresses it, and it ties directly into what we can presume Snake and Otacon keep doing (even if, given what the list of names turns out to be, they've hit something of a brick wall for the time being).

It's also worth pointing out that MGSV is a prequel, which makes the loose end all the more pointless.

Hard.
>Kaz im having a dejavu here
>quiet torture
>the final words on huey's destiny
easy
>any of the cassettes

'Your pretty good!"

Let's rewind a little, user.

I'm not saying Eli fucking off at the end of his arc in MGSV -IS- an allusion to MGS2. I'm saying you can loosely justify it as such if you really want to attribute more to it than it just being a loose end.

It is a loose end, undeniably, because we know Kingdom of the Flies was a thing. I'm just saying, if you take the final game as is, the justification can be made if you're the kind of person to stretch your logic to maintain some kind of consistency and sense of completion.

Fair enough.

my pretty good what

>Stay out of my safe space, shitlord

The game addresses that at least someone is trying to stop Liquid
No one even cared enough to try against Eli. The game was so bored of its own plotlines it just gave up.

kingdom of the flies

the footage was released so we could see how the arc ends, so no, they did actually care enough to pursue eli

After Eli escapes, Ocelot radios Boss and tells him they're tracking him down.

ROCKET PUUUUUUUNCH

HAIDARAAAAAAAAA

FIIIIIIIIIIRE

youtube.com/watch?v=ULQX1ZubpXk

Is Ocelot trying to contain his laughter near the end?

I think it's just a haughty little 'hmph'.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAIDENNNNNN

user...

"Wake up and smell the ashes"

BAWS GIT DAN

THE ENEMY SNAPPER

>Snake! Get the fuck outta there!
>Dineh
>A language of nukes!
>majoooor! I'm burnin up!
>the woman? We gave her a light, she took the short way down.

youtube.com/watch?v=B5IwIGaT4pU

>WE WILL NEVER HEAR THIS

The first two were in the 2015 trailer